Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

He died for the seed of abraham

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Savedbygrace, please tell me what is said in Isaiah 49:6. Are you a Jew??? Because if not, your not one of Abraham's seed as you define it, are you???

I belong to Christ, so do you deny that I am a seed of Abraham ? Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jesus did not believe all physical jews had God as their Father either, this is perceived from John 8:

42Jesus said unto them[Physical jews], If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

In fact, it does not matter what ones ethnicity is, if ye Love not Jesus Christ in Truth, there is no evidence of God being our Father. Paul writes of the physical seed of Abraham, jews by birth, that the children of the flesh are not the children of God rom 9:

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

That is Israel after the flesh as in 1 cor 10:18

Behold Israel after the flesh:

In rom 9 :6-8. the topic is Israel, so quite naturally the reference to the children of the flesh applies to Israel after the flesh, which again are not the children of God..

And if we accept Paul's calling Israel, Israel after the flesh, then by logical inference, there is a Israel after the Spirit..

The Jews of Jesus day made the same presumptuous mistake as the Jews of modern time, that is to rely on fleshly descent from Abraham to secure the favor of God, which is a foolish thing to do, paul calls it confidence in the flesh phil 3:

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

What does scripture say about confidence in the flesh ? The word confidence in phil 3 4 is the greek word pepoithēsis which also means Trust !

So it can be rendered in phil 3 4 Trust in the flesh..

Jer 17:

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

The physical jews trusted much in their flesh relation to the man Abraham, this is seen many times..

Matt 3:

9And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Jn 8:

33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

See, that is Trusting in the flesh, being Abrahams Children of the flesh rom 9:

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

zone:

Ok then, He died only for the seed of Abraham, which are not only jews, but all those who are Christ, jew or gentile gal 3:

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

He died for His own People as it was said He would do Matt 1:

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His People are the seed of Abraham He identified with in the flesh heb 2:16

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

He took on the seed of Abraham because he was to be born King of Israel. we can all read The Lord's Geneology in Luke 3.

He was, according to the scriptures, born UNDER THE LAW, and Fulfilled it PERFECTLY. then His Substitutionary Death on Golgotha paid for us sins. then He was raised for our JUSTIFICATION. THAT'S MY JESUS.

did you know there are gentiles in the geneology?

did you know Abram was a GENTILE?

it appears you do not understand The Eternal Purpose of Ephesians 3, nor soteriology.

The Mystery of the Gospel Revealed
1For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. 4When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6This mystery isa that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

all who are of FAITH are of Abraham.

Last edited by a moderator:
zone:

He took on the seed of Abraham because he was to be born King of The Jews. we can all read The Lord's Geneology in Luke 3.

He took on the seed of Abraham because all that belong to Him are the seed of Abraham gal 3:

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

One does not have to be ethnic jew to be abraham's seed. Do you believe only ethnic jews belong to Christ in Gal 3 :29 ? Why do you believe that ?

Ok. Savedbygrace, if your not a jew, or from the seed of Abraham, and only the seed of Abraham can be saved, if your not a jew, arent you kind of left out of the picture??? Why do you keep starting discussions like this?

zone:

He took on the seed of Abraham because all that belong to Him are the seed of Abraham gal 3:

One does not have to be ethnic jew to be abraham's seed. Do you believe only ethnic jews belong to Christ in Gal 3 :29 ? Why do you believe that ?

i already answered that.
you are the one who is confused.

Ok. Savedbygrace, if your not a jew, or from the seed of Abraham, and only the seed of Abraham can be saved, if your not a jew, arent you kind of left out of the picture??? Why do you keep starting discussions like this?

there's a weird blend of british-israelism/serpent seed/corruption of hyper-cal doctrine out there.
the talmud & zohar speak of the same things: it's all about 'birthright'(everybody else is sub-human):screwloose

when in reality:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

zone:

i already answered that.

You dont act like it. The seed of Abraham is not ethnic Israel only, but believers in Christ gal 3:

Christ took on the seed of Abraham of those who believe in Him..not ethnic jews.

ethnic jews only are not the children of God rom 9:

8That is, They [Israel] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

Sorry, but Christ did not take on that seed, for they were not even the children of God..

But the children of Abraham by Faith are the Children of God gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Now, Did Christ as a Man have Faith ?

glow:

and only the seed of Abraham can be saved,

You must be confused, the seed of Abraham are believers in Christ and they are not only ethnic jews Gal 3:

This verse does not only apply to ethnic jews, dont you realize that ?

I was under the impression that you didnt believe that it aplied to all based on your previous posts. I believe Christ died for all, and if you cant see it even after provided with scriptual evidence, dont waste everyones time by making topics like this.

glow:

I believe Christ died for all,

The Christ I believe in died for all the seed of Abraham..thats who He Identifed with heb 2:

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And they belong to Him Gal 3:

glow:

The Christ I believe in died for all the seed of Abraham..thats who He Identifed with heb 2:

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

And they belong to Him Gal 3:

ever read the chapter that follows your fav #3?

Galatians 4
Bond and Free

21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the law?

22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman. 23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

27 For it is written,

“REJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR;
BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR;
FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE
THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND.”

28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also.

30 But what does the Scripture say?

“CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON,
FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE AN HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN.”

31So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

Q: what is the promise?

Ok, im officially confused. Do you mean you believe that Jesus' death only covers Abrahams seed(us believers)??? Because if thats what your trying to say, yes, i agree. But Jesus did die for all, the question is whether every person will accept his death and sacrifice as the cover for their sins.

Ok, im officially confused. Do you mean you believe that Jesus' death only covers Abrahams seed(us believers)??? Because if thats what your trying to say, yes, i agree. But Jesus did die for all, the question is whether every person will accept his death and sacrifice as the cover for their sins.

The Christ I believe in, His death makes righteous all for whom He died rom 5:

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The many are the seed of Abraham, that who He Identified with in His Incarnation heb 2:

He only took on the seed of a particular people, not all of humanity..

These threads are the result of many people being taught that God chose them and that they are the 'elect'.. it is perhaps the most destructive teaching that a young Christian could embrace.

It's absolutely vital for the Christian to understand that the Lord Jesus Christ is the elect of God and that all in Adam are under the same condemnation.

God isn't choosing anybody in Adam and the word of God is plain when it teaches that if you or me or any other person shall come after Christ, that they must deny themselves, take up their cross and follow Him.. for if we shall seek to save our life we shall lose it.

Just as it is plain as day in the word of God that Christ died not for our sins only, but for the whole world... it's plain that He is that true light which lighteth every man that comes into the world..

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The many are the seed of Abraham, that who He Identified with in His Incarnation heb 2:

twisted.

Jesus was to be born under MOSAIC LAW in order to live a sinless life UNDER IT, whereby His righteousness is imputed to the unrighteous BY FAITH in the Promise (MADE TO ABRAHAM) -GET IT?

this corner you've painted yourself into is a mix of british-israelism and corrupted hyper-cal.

btw: if your 'theory' is correct, you better really HOPE you are among that number with a special 'heritage'

twisted.

Jesus was to be born under MOSAIC LAW in order to live a sinless life UNDER IT, whereby His righteousness is imputed to the unrighteous BY FAITH in the Promise (MADE TO ABRAHAM) -GET IT?

this corner you've painted yourself into is a mix of british-israelism and corrupted hyper-cal.

btw: if your 'theory' is correct, you better really HOPE you are among that number with a special 'heritage'

Hey wait a minute! I'm the British-Israelitist here, not him. But I agree more with what you are saying. :lol Geeeez, I fail to post a few times and someone else gets my credit. :lol

twisted.

Hey wait a minute! I'm the British-Israelitist here, not him. But I agree more with what you are saying. :lol Geeeez, I fail to post a few times and someone else gets my credit. :lol

The seed of Abraham that Christ identified with are men and women of all nations, you see Abraham was made a Father of many nations, no ethnicity specified gen 17:

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The seed of Abraham that Christ identified with are men and women of all nations, you see Abraham was made a Father of many nations, no ethnicity specified gen 17:

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

If I had to summarize my BI beliefs in 50 words or less, it would be this:

God promised many nations to Abraham. Since this was not fulfilled in the Jew or the church, it has to be by the Israelites as promised for the purpose God had of bringing the Light to the world.

Many nations does not mean people believing in Christ from many nations (since those in Christ are ONE). However, the Abrahamic promises does promise that in his seed (singular is Christ) and plaral are his nations that ALL nations would be blessed (i.e. grace).

Don't confuse national promises that were given to a specific people with grace promises given to all people. And it was to be thru the former that the latter is accomplished, starting with Abraham's seed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back