Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. ( 1 John 2:10.)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That is the Lord God in our heart, no need to ask someone if you have Him also in your heart.

The daily choice would be to know Jesus Christ ( in our heart) then we know the daily choices are knowing Jesus Christ, and it is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
How is a choice knowing?

Our daily choice is to continue in the faith. ( the daily choice is belief in Jesus Christ, or disbelief, one, is all done, through a good and honest heart, and the other is through an evil heart of unbelief, in their daily choices.)

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

The scriptures are from Gods Spirit of truth, they testify truly, strongly, completely, and if anyone is not answered by them, they show it is because they have no effect from them. ( that is how they really feel about Jesus Christ inside their heart.)

The scriptures are from Gods Spirit of truth, they testify truly, strongly, completely, and if anyone is not answered by them, they show it is because they have no effect from them. ( that is how they really feel about Jesus Christ inside their heart.)
Dear Bro Gordon,

I’m glad the scriptures are so important to you. I think it will be difficult to communicate to you what I mean so let’s leave it at this point.

His blessings upon you!

Dear Bro Gordon,

His blessings upon you!

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Psalm 62:4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

I’m glad the scriptures are so important to you. I think it will be difficult to communicate to you what I mean so let’s leave it at this point.
The scriptures are so important, and so, it is difficult to communicate unless we hear the Fathers instructions ( scriptures) scorners hear not rebuke. ( hear not the correction of Gods Word.)

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Psalm 62:4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
I guess this means you refuse His blessings I wished you to have. So be it.

You definitely do not understand me. I, however, understand you.

The scriptures are so important, and so, it is difficult to communicate unless we hear the Fathers instructions ( scriptures) scorners hear not rebuke. ( hear not the correction of Gods Word.)

Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
All true.

Dorothy Mae. "How is a choice knowing?"

I will make it clear, what was not heard though. ( no interest in the Word of God even when answering our own questions, is not a very noble act to show, in daily choices.)

Apostle Paul in DAILY CARE, goes through the sufferings of Christ, in weariness, painfulness, hunger and thirst, cold and nakedness, and the care of the churches.

We must through much tribulation enter into the Kingdom of God, and that is why the daily choice taught to endure, is of the faith ( in that Jesus Christ lives in us, when we are dying daily)

The choice through knowing ( that Jesus Christ is the risen Lord) is continuing in the faith in tribulations ( daily and always bearing about in our body the dying of the Lord Jesus Christ.)

2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

2 Corinthians 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Are the daily choices not MANIFESTED HERE ?

Before we were alienated from God, by wicked works ( wrong daily choices in unbelief) then are reconciled to God ( by Jesus Christ, through His body in death) and God then can present us holy and without doing those wicked works of blame in daily choices, because of the hope of the Gospel, and that is how through daily choices we do no do the evil, but now the good. ( daily choice has always been to be in the faith/KEEP THE FAITH TO RECEIVE THE CROWN.)

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I guess this means you refuse His blessings I wished you to have. So be it.

You definitely do not understand me. I, however, understand you.

How can anyone bless another, through their own words, after they confess they had no interest in your interest in sharing Gods Word.

That is why a scorner cannot be rebuked, they do not hear it.

I think it will be difficult to communicate to you what I mean so let’s leave it at this point.
Neither are you stable enough to keep to your own words, to leave it at that point? ( now are continuing, as you live for strife, not for correction from Gods Word.)

James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

The epistle of 1 John was written to a congregation. I have chosen NASB because that is quite close to the original Greek. The question: How do we explain the apparent contradictions that are highlighted? Is it possible to sin, and yet keep the commandments and having nothing in us to cause stumbling? Note: John does not condone sin. He is simply stating that if we sin.

1 John Ch 2 (https://biblehub.com/nasb_/1_john/2.htm)

1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever follows His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says that he remains in Him ought, himself also, walk just as He walked.

7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard. 8[c]On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining. 9 The one who says that he is in the Light and yet hates his brother or sister is in the darkness until now. 10 The one who loves his brother and sister remains in the Light, and there is nothing in him to cause stumbling. 11 But the one who hates his brother or sister is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

How to explain this?

I would like to offer an answer to this question – 'Is it possible to SIN, and YET KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS and HAVING NOTHING IN US TO CAUSE STUMBLING?' (1 John 2:1-11)

What exactly is sin? It is the transgression of the law as is written in 1 John 3:4: "Everyone doing sin also is doing lawlessness. Indeed sin is lawlessness." So then if we are transgressors of the law, we are not keeping His commandments because the one who transgresses one commandment is guilty of having transgressed the whole law (DLNT Jas 2:10: "For whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles in one thing has become guilty of all.").

Therefore we cannot have nothing in us to keep us from stumbling AND be sinning at the same time. The two are contradictory since having nothing in us that keeps us from stumbling would mean that we would not sin. Indeed, John writes in 1Jn 2:10: "The one loving his brother is ABIDING IN THE LIGHT, and THERE IS NO CAUSE-OF-FALLING IN HIM" which would imply that one walks just as Jesus walked as written in 1Jn 2:6: "the one claiming to be ABIDING IN HIM ought just as THAT ONE WALKED ALSO HIMSELF THUS TO BE WALKING." Jesus walked without sinning. We ought to be walking just as He did.

Neither are you stable enough to keep to your own words, to leave it at that point? ( now are continuing, as you live for strife, not for correction from Gods Word.)
Ah, the ad hominem personal attack. This is how the world acts but I know it is also common among believers of various theologies that allow this sort of behavior. There are a few out there that have no objection to this.
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
It is ironic that you do that very think you accuse me of doing.

I would like to offer an answer to this question – 'Is it possible to SIN, and YET KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS and HAVING NOTHING IN US TO CAUSE STUMBLING?' (1 John 2:1-11)

What exactly is sin? It is the transgression of the law as is written in 1 John 3:4: "Everyone doing sin also is doing lawlessness. Indeed sin is lawlessness." So then if we are transgressors of the law, we are not keeping His commandments because the one who transgresses one commandment is guilty of having transgressed the whole law (DLNT Jas 2:10: "For whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles in one thing has become guilty of all.").

Therefore we cannot have nothing in us to keep us from stumbling AND be sinning at the same time. The two are contradictory since having nothing in us that keeps us from stumbling would mean that we would not sin. Indeed, John writes in 1Jn 2:10: "The one loving his brother is ABIDING IN THE LIGHT, and THERE IS NO CAUSE-OF-FALLING IN HIM" which would imply that one walks just as Jesus walked as written in 1Jn 2:6: "the one claiming to be ABIDING IN HIM ought just as THAT ONE WALKED ALSO HIMSELF THUS TO BE WALKING." Jesus walked without sinning. We ought to be walking just as He did.
Sin is abiding in darkness, and satans power, no sin is abiding in the light of God, and Gods power.

The light shined in darkness, the darkness comprehended it not.

Then all that is left to say, is who understands what light is, ( believes in their heart unto righteousness) when the darkness is so great inside of them. ( sin/ unbelief in the light.)

Matthew 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

YEAH !
Welcome to the site.

Lot of good points, well documented. Theirs a distinction between sinners and habitual sinners. I studied under pastor Arnold murray and Dennis. Other scholars, bullinger, Howard brand, dr Barry fell. I have king James companion bible and strong concordance. I know what I'm talking about. I'm trained by scholars. I'm humble person. PROGINOSKO Greek means = ordain, fore know, predestinate. This is God's Election, romans chapter 8 and first Peter chapter 1 to document. APSINTHOS Greek means = Wormwood, bitterness. Revelation chapter 8 :11 to document Wormwood. This is bitterness. Many people have it today, because their being taught traditions of men. Some churches don't teach sound doctrine. They failed in their capacity. I'm one of God's elect. If no one wants to listen. It's ok with me. Jesus is king of the saints, and will back up his election. First Corinthians 2:12. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; 2:14. But the natural man received not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spirtualty Discerned. Carnal minded people don't have the holy spirit. They have spirit of slumber. Those with spirit of stupor cant understand meat of God's word. Their stuck on milk bottles. God's Election have holy spirit. The election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. God judged the Election in the first earth age, read first Peter chapter 1, and romans chapter 8. 1 John 3:6. Who so ever abides in Him sins not; who so ever sins hath not seen Him, neither knows Him. Were talking sinners who have holy spirit. They repent, and try not to sin. This is God's elect. You need the holy spirit to help convict you of sin. 6:8. He that commits sin is of the devil; These are habitual sinners, void of the holy spirit, they don't care, and won't repent. I told the truth. And some people are not going to like it. Second Corinthians 4:3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them who are lost: APOLLUMI in Greek means =perish. Some people are following satan. These are reprobates. They're going into lake of fire. Those who love God and were brainwashed by traditions of men, will have opportunity for eternal life during millennium. Apply logic and common sense. Between these two groups. CAKAR in Hebrew means = rewards, earned wages. When Jesus returns 7th trump, its rewards for Those who love and served God, and didn't worship antichrist. Reprobates are different story. MOROLOGIA in Greek means = Buffoon. This is fools, apply reprobates. Philippians 1:28. And in nothing terrified of your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but unto you of salvation, and that of God. The reprobates go into lake of fire with satan. I establish difference between habitual sinners and just sinners. Some people will have to wait until millennium is over to get eternal life, this is one group. They didn't have prayer of chance in the flesh, being brainwashed by traditions of men. The second group is reprobates, they don't care. This group has date with lake of fire. EMAH in Hebrew means = terror, dread. The reprobates will feel terror, when death sentence is passed by Jesus on judgement day. Get the picture.

Lot of good points, well documented. Theirs a distinction between sinners and habitual sinners. I studied under pastor Arnold murray and Dennis. Other scholars, bullinger, Howard brand, dr Barry fell. I have king James companion bible and strong concordance. I know what I'm talking about. I'm trained by scholars. I'm humble person. PROGINOSKO Greek means = ordain, fore know, predestinate. This is God's Election, romans chapter 8 and first Peter chapter 1 to document. APSINTHOS Greek means = Wormwood, bitterness. Revelation chapter 8 :11 to document Wormwood. This is bitterness. Many people have it today, because their being taught traditions of men. Some churches don't teach sound doctrine. They failed in their capacity. I'm one of God's elect. If no one wants to listen. It's ok with me. Jesus is king of the saints, and will back up his election. First Corinthians 2:12. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; 2:14. But the natural man received not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spirtualty Discerned. Carnal minded people don't have the holy spirit. They have spirit of slumber. Those with spirit of stupor cant understand meat of God's word. Their stuck on milk bottles. God's Election have holy spirit. The election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. God judged the Election in the first earth age, read first Peter chapter 1, and romans chapter 8. 1 John 3:6. Who so ever abides in Him sins not; who so ever sins hath not seen Him, neither knows Him. Were talking sinners who have holy spirit. They repent, and try not to sin. This is God's elect. You need the holy spirit to help convict you of sin. 6:8. He that commits sin is of the devil; These are habitual sinners, void of the holy spirit, they don't care, and won't repent. I told the truth. And some people are not going to like it. Second Corinthians 4:3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them who are lost: APOLLUMI in Greek means =perish. Some people are following satan. These are reprobates. They're going into lake of fire. Those who love God and were brainwashed by traditions of men, will have opportunity for eternal life during millennium. Apply logic and common sense. Between these two groups. CAKAR in Hebrew means = rewards, earned wages. When Jesus returns 7th trump, its rewards for Those who love and served God, and didn't worship antichrist. Reprobates are different story. MOROLOGIA in Greek means = Buffoon. This is fools, apply reprobates. Philippians 1:28. And in nothing terrified of your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but unto you of salvation, and that of God. The reprobates go into lake of fire with satan. I establish difference between habitual sinners and just sinners. Some people will have to wait until millennium is over to get eternal life, this is one group. They didn't have prayer of chance in the flesh, being brainwashed by traditions of men. The second group is reprobates, they don't care. This group has date with lake of fire. EMAH in Hebrew means = terror, dread. The reprobates will feel terror, when death sentence is passed by Jesus on judgement day. Get the picture.
One sin shows that the sinner was not reborn of God's seed. (1 John 3:9)

Lacking acknowledgment of the truth reveals ungodliness, as confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:10. 2 Timothy 2:25. Titus 1:1.

The law of kindness is greater than the law of works, as it is the law of faith. Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin.

Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

All have knowledge but that knowledge puffs them all up.

Charity edifies, because charity is not puffed up and is kind. ( charity is the law of kindness, charity is the law of faith, charity believes all things, THE KNOWLEDGE OF ONLY MEN, CANNOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY THING AT ALL, OF GOD..)

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Then it is easy to see who is in the light and who is in darkness.

The darkness cannot comprehend the light shining to it, but God knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him.

Daniel 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Back