Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study HELL DOES NOT EXIST

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
By your reasoning I could say that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. They were burned up...they ended.

Can you think of any verse that states the DURATION of hell?
Does the NT say that it's eternal?
and their torment was forever ,
the word for forever is the same one for heaven being forever

also ,and I saw the sea given up its dead,the grave its dead and Hades giving its dead

and their torment was forever ,
the word for forever is the same one for heaven being forever

also ,and I saw the sea given up its dead,the grave its dead and Hades giving its dead
What's the difference between THE GRAVE and HADES?
Isn't Hades what is described in Luke 16:19-31 and which no longer exists?

Some people love fear and retribution. It adds to the drama of the story.
What story?
What fear?

These short statements of yours never add to the thread...
why not tell us what YOU believe to be true?

For instance...did you know that kids going to Catechism are more fearful
of purgatory than of hell?

The Bible teaches a TEMPORARY HELL, and after the Great Judgement, an Eternal lake of fire (that HELL gets dumped into). And there's no such thing as Purgatory - it's just another Roman Catholic LIE. Rev 20:14,15.

Go ahead and take a chance that there's "No Hell" if you choose to. I wouldn't DARE.
Who mentioned purgatory?

What makes you think I'm taking a chance on believing there's no hell?
This thread was really started for someone else, who pretty much has disappeared.
This happens.

Also, whatever you believe about hell being real or not has NOTHING to do with your salvation.
Believing in hell is not one of the doctrine one must believe to be called a Christian...
and certainly not one that has to be believed to be saved.
Correct doctrine does not save.

Actually it's what the Bible teaches. As opposed to God torturing people forever.
There's scripture that could be used to support annihalisation (or whatever it's called).

My comment on the above is that God does not torture people forever.
To torture someone is to do something against their will....
If I myself turn the electric (torture) switch to ON....it is not torture.

We are all given the opportunity to spend eternity with God.
It is our individual choice to deny this opportunity and thus turn the switch to ON ourselves.

God desires that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of Jesus/God.
1 Timothy 2:4
3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

What's the difference between THE GRAVE and HADES?
Isn't Hades what is described in Luke 16:19-31 and which no longer exists?
two separate words ,and no,since the judgement hasn't occurred ,we have graves today ,therefore yes Hades stores its dead

Rev 14:11 NOW you'll probably play "word Games" and claim that "Torment" doesn't mean "Torture". Am I right??
exactly how does and there was no rest day or night ,work with beings who simpling cease to exist?

never mind that sulfur aka brimstone burns your lungs and well God judged Sodom with that ,also how he burned men alive in judgement when he can simply quickly banish them .death by fire is anguish you feel the fire and die from your own body smoking as you inhale its fumes .
I know people who watched men burn alive and couldn't help,and said its tortuous to hear that cry of pain and its very loud . you won't forget it .

if God doesn't torture in punishment then why is the flame thrower illegal in war?or also stoning as a means of execution?

There's scripture that could be used to support annihalisation (or whatever it's called).

My comment on the above is that God does not torture people forever.
To torture someone is to do something against their will....
If I myself turn the electric (torture) switch to ON....it is not torture.

We are all given the opportunity to spend eternity with God.
It is our individual choice to deny this opportunity and thus turn the switch to ON ourselves.

God desires that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of Jesus/God.
1 Timothy 2:4
3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
The problem is that people die. The only way someone could suffer eternally is if they lived eternally. The only way one can live eternally is for God to give them life eternally. So, that doctrine requires that God keeps people alive for the purpose of torment.

Rev 14:11 NOW you'll probably play "word Games" and claim that "Torment" doesn't mean "Torture". Am I right??
There are several things to consider here. Firstly, you're quoting from a book that is full of symbolism. Secondly, those people are alive. Thirdly, the saints are also there. Do the saints also go to eternal torment? Fourthly, the passage is speaking of those who take the mark of the beast. It doesn't say anything about others. Fifthly, forever and ever is wrongly translated. It should be translated ages of ages.

According to scripture Hell is not eternal. The Power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gets Hell to give up it's dead. Not only did Jesus escape Hell but also Jonah. Hell is more of a holding place...huh like the grave. Sometimes it's even moist and cool.

Revelation 20:13​

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”

So claiming Hell is eternal is actually an anti-christian teaching isn't it? Jesus Christ saves. Oh by the way, the same ones who claim Hell is eternal also claim 'works' have no bearing so why do them... How are they judged?

Revelation 20:13​

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And round and round we go...

Here's My Story.....

What is it like to die?​

Posted on August 9, 2017 by BroRando
I first learned about death through a Bible Study. After learning the truth about death and that death is the last enemy that will be conquered, I wanted to learn more. Here’s a few scriptures that may give you some Relief and Comfort.
“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” Ecclesiastes 9:5

My Catholic upbringing always taught me that hell was an eternal place of torment and inescapable. This religious teaching never sat well with me. I could never figure out why the God of Love would do such a thing.
Then at my Bible Study, I came across this scripture, “hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13) This blew my mind because it connected the dots for me. See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell. All the while, preaching that hell is ETERNAL. Did they know something I didn’t, I wondered? This was nothing but a ponzi scheme.

Other scriptures that gave me Relief and Comfort is the good news about the Resurrection. “And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.Acts 24:15 I was elated to learn this about my loved ones that have passed in death.

Then Jesus Christ told his followers, “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come outJohn 5:28

The breath is the breath of life. It's the breath or spirit that is in man
God breathed life into man...and man became alive.

But what do you mean by the spirit in man?
What other parts does a man have?

I agree that man has 3 parts...
Body
Soul
Spirit

The body dies and will be resurrected at the end of the world.
1 Corinthians 15:42-44
42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual
body.

The soul and spirit go to be with God.
Jesus told the thief he would be with Him that very day.
Certainly Jesus did not mean the thief's body, but his soul and spirit.
Luke 23:43
43And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

The problem is that people die. The only way someone could suffer eternally is if they lived eternally. The only way one can live eternally is for God to give them life eternally. So, that doctrine requires that God keeps people alive for the purpose of torment.
Except for this:
If we have a soul that goes on forever,,,,then it will go on forever.
We either have a soul and spirit that lives on...
or we don't
and those that believe there is no life after death might be right.

Here's My Story.....

What is it like to die?​

Posted on August 9, 2017 by BroRando
I first learned about death through a Bible Study. After learning the truth about death and that death is the last enemy that will be conquered, I wanted to learn more. Here’s a few scriptures that may give you some Relief and Comfort.
“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” Ecclesiastes 9:5

My Catholic upbringing always taught me that hell was an eternal place of torment and inescapable. This religious teaching never sat well with me. I could never figure out why the God of Love would do such a thing.
Then at my Bible Study, I came across this scripture, “hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13) This blew my mind because it connected the dots for me. See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell. All the while, preaching that hell is ETERNAL. Did they know something I didn’t, I wondered? This was nothing but a ponzi scheme.

Other scriptures that gave me Relief and Comfort is the good news about the Resurrection. “And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.Acts 24:15 I was elated to learn this about my loved ones that have passed in death.

Then Jesus Christ told his followers, “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come outJohn 5:28
The Catholic Church NEVER taught that donations and prayers get people out of hell...
you're getting mixed up with purgatory .... it would lessen the time in purgatory.

Also, hell IS escapable...
through belief in Jesus and in following His commandments.

Back