Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Here's a Poll just because I'm curious

Can a true believing Mormon receive salvation (assuming they believe in Jesus)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When did Paul tell you that? :)

About 25 years ago. :)

Let's have a look.

Romans 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Do you see it now? :)

So clearly God has made provisions of some kind for those who have never had any chance to hear the actual words of the Gospel. I don't think it's that important if we understand how He does that or not. Don't you guys all think it's a waste of time to argue over this since not a single person here fits into that category? I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere in the world that is around enough technology to be on the internet and to read this forum, but is at the same time so isolated that they have never had the chance to read the Bible or hear someone preach the gospel. Now if they chose not to read or listen, or not to believe, well, that's on them.

The original post wasn't asking about how someone who never had a chance to learn about Jesus could be saved. It's asking about if someone who truly believes in the Mormon doctrines is saved.
I agree. Isolated villages in South America, when approached, knew there was a "greater Being", God has made it known to each one of us, an internal instinct, that He exists, is real and alive! They may not know the name "Jesus", but they know of Him, as Creator and Lord.

It is His grace upon all mankind. :)

The original post wasn't asking about how someone who never had a chance to learn about Jesus could be saved.

That's true, but the author of the OP did ask that question later in the thread. That's what was being discussed.

Problem is that they do not believe that Jesus is their savior. Just that He was a prophet, like their own Joseph Smith. Whose writing that they follow more than the Word of God.

This is very incorrect. They do not believe Jesus was a prophet. They believe he is their savior. They do however follow Joseph Smith more than the Bible and they do believe Jesus can save them only after they've performed a bunch of rituals, etc. The Book of Mormon refers to Jesus as savior and shockingly preaches the trinity, an idea the Mormons are very against.

I know nothing about the mormon faith, but what is written from one of the Apsostles, i think Paul, is, faith is somewhat dead without works.

So, if they believe in Jesus as there saviour, and they do good works, i cannot see why they would not have salvation.
Because they believe Jesus cannot save them until they fulfill a bunch of commandments and rituals. They are against Grace and believe in the law but really a new law they've made up.

Many faiths look at Jesus as just a prophet, so be it. He was a prophet. Maybe one day they will understand it is written from the beginning of time because he was there, and through all the prophets that he will be blessed and worthy of praise, glory and honour.

Jesus was Gods own sacrifice that he promised to Abraham. If people believe in the God of Abraham and do not believe his promised lamb would suffer and take away the worlds sin, they need to study more and pray.
Mormons believe Jesus is their savior but can only take them part way, the rest is on their shoulders.

Sorry about my deleting, I am writing on a tablet, and the pad is very sensitive.
I scroll down and sometimes my fingers hit reply buttons and such by mistake, and especially the letters', lol
:oops:topic:thinking

This is very incorrect. They do not believe Jesus was a prophet. They believe he is their savior. They do however follow Joseph Smith more than the Bible and they do believe Jesus can save them only after they've performed a bunch of rituals, etc. The Book of Mormon refers to Jesus as savior and shockingly preaches the trinity, an idea the Mormons are very against.

I apologize. I see my thoughts about Jesus were incorrect. And as you have stated their belief, shows that they have fallen from grace. In which they believe they have to earn their right to be saved.

So clearly God has made provisions of some kind for those who have never had any chance to hear the actual words of the Gospel. I don't think it's that important if we understand how He does that or not. Don't you guys all think it's a waste of time to argue over this since not a single person here fits into that category? I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere in the world that is around enough technology to be on the internet and to read this forum, but is at the same time so isolated that they have never had the chance to read the Bible or hear someone preach the gospel. Now if they chose not to read or listen, or not to believe, well, that's on them.

The original post wasn't asking about how someone who never had a chance to learn about Jesus could be saved. It's asking about if someone who truly believes in the Mormon doctrines is saved.

I agree with you assessment of the reaching of the gospel. However i for one think it's a good idea for us to know the truth about how religions believe so that if we encounter a person of the mormon faith or another faith, then we have a better idea of how to talk to them, and how to approach their views. It may lead to more being able to learn the truth about Jesus.
Thank you Obadiah for sharing your wisdom and knowledge on this forum! I really appreciate it!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back