Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's called Memorial Day, yet again. Used to be called Declorations day, but after the world wars the name was changed. If you are trying to argue we don't have a holiday, wouldn't that be more support of Systemic racism?:tongue

No. Systematic Racism is a term that is used to divide America.

Again, why aren’t all the white people who gave their lives in the Civil War to fight for freedom for black Americans honored.

Instead white people are targeted as racist, by Democrats, the very people who white Republicans fought against to give black people their freedom?

You do understand Martin Luther King jr, was a Republican, right?

JLB

So where did you get that? From a Black lives Matter campaigner/ Organizer? Or dis you get that from a commentator?

I watched as Black Lives Matter protesters burned down businesses and destroyed cities, where both black and white people live and work.

Most black Americans don’t want anything to do with them.

Black Lives Matter is not for black people it’s an organization used by the left for political purposes, and funded by those who want to destroy America, by dividing us.

JLB

Wait are you saying you want your rights to be the ability to violate other people's rights? That's not what the Founders put in the Constitution.
It's called Memorial Day, yet again. Used to be called Declorations day, but after the world wars the name was changed. If you are trying to argue we don't have a holiday, wouldn't that be more support of Systemic racism?:tongue

For what it’s worth, I appreciate you and this discussion. I know you are passionate about what you believe, as I am.

But you have been courteous for the most part and I appreciate that.

This is certainly a discussion that can easily get out of hand but in my opinion it hasn’t.

Thank you, and God bless you.

You are my brother in Christ. You are loved and appreciated.

JLB

I watched as Black Lives Matter protesters burned down businesses and destroyed cities, where both black and white people live and work.
You mean you saw a riot break out when tensioned fired and police lost control of the crowd? You know that doesn't represent all of Black lives matter the same way the Jan 6 raiding of the capitol doesn't represent all republicans/Trump supporters right?
Most black Americans don’t want anything to do with them.
Riots? Yeah I think most people in general don't favor riots.
Black Lives Matter is not for black people it’s an organization used by the left for political purposes, and funded by those who want to destroy America, by dividing us.

JLB
I'm taking a wild guess this comes from Newsmaxx/OAN who ignore the magority of protests that were peaceful, or thebprotestors that were trying to Descartes violence, or the positive grass roots mutual aid being done. Burning building sell air time, and feeding the homeless doesnt.

For what it’s worth, I appreciate you and this discussion. I know you are passionate about what you believe, as I am.

But you have been courteous for the most part and I appreciate that.

This is certainly a discussion that can easily get out of hand but in my opinion it hasn’t.

Thank you, and God bless you.

You are my brother in Christ. You are loved and appreciated.

JLB
No problem. Have a Wonderful Holiday and a good night. :)

Reactions: JLB
I was sitting on a seat and a snake cruised past and went right between the seat and my legs and out the other side. I dont know what type it was probably something venemous. It didnt bite me so i didnt get to find out but thats a good thing.

Last edited:
I was sitting on a seat and a snake cruised past and went right betwen the seat and out the other side. I dont know what type it was probably something venemous. It didnt bite me so i didnt get to find out but thats a good thing.
I heard everything in Australia is trying to kill you. Quite the opposite of NZ. Huh?

I was outdoors and seen it coming towards me but im not that afraid of snakes i just sit still and it went between my legs and the seat and out the other side. I wasnt going to annoy or disturb it.

Last edited:
I seen it coming towards me but im not that afraid of snakes i just sat still and it went between my legs and the seat and out the other side. I wasnt going to annoy it.
Back in Houston, our house abuts Addicks Dam resevior and we get a water moccasin in the back yard about every 6 mos. I killed several over the years. One of them bit one of our chickens on the face. She had only a 10% chance of survival yet she pulled through. She laid weird eggs after that though. lol

Maybe if we were just allowed to treat each other like normal persons and push back on fringe
groups that are ruining relations for everyone, we'd be a lot better off.
But no....better to support groups like BLM...who are violent by their own admission.
And marxist.
And anarchist.
And black supremacy. Don't forget about that. I can't help but wonder how it would be received if a group of white people stood together, raising their fists in the air, and declaring "White lives matter!" or "White power!" Wait! I don't have to wonder. It has happened and they were labeled as outcasts, rebel rousers, white supremacist's, racists, prejudiced, bigots, and so on and rightly so. But now society embraces this type of behavior from other color groups? What is wrong with this picture?

Last edited:
Culture wars. Not sure I want to take part.
I can be a conscientious objector.
I don't have kids or grandkids, so I'm not really involved. I almost never work or meet gay people. Live a life like mine, and you avoid a lot of conflict.
I used to be teacher. If I was in school now, I would refuse to promote homosexuality. But I might also refuse to promote Christianity. If forced to promote the Bible.

Students seeing and acknowledging the contributions of Black people and Natives to the country. Black history isn't just slavery. We're you aware that the first free man to die during the revolution was a Black man? Or that one of the largest economies in the south was a segregated black city in Olklahoma? We want to encourage Black people to live up to the American dream, why not teach the history?
I'm fine with that. But the problem in the black community is a moral problem. They already have free everything but since the community as a whole lacks moral character it does no good. Their free everything should be used to get themselves out of their slavery to immorality, and the poverty it produces, not keep them in it as is happening.

You mean the laws that made it illegal to be gay and for gay people to gather in public? Yeah there was a reason the first pride parade was spawned out of a riot/raid of the Stonewall Inn. Oris that more American History you don't want students to be aware of?
Why, so they can do that to straight white people? They already have the freedoms they want. Now that they have those they want to do that, and much more, to the straight community.

And black supremist. Don't forget about that. I can't help but wonder how it would be received if a group of white people stood together, raising their fists in the air, and declaring "White lives matter!" or "White power!" Wait! I don't have to wonder. It has happened and they were labeled as outcasts, rebel rousers, white supremacist's, racists, prejudiced, bigots, and so on and rightly so. But now society embraces this type of behavior from other color groups? What is wrong with this picture?
Agreed.
Happily for society, not all black persons agree with BLM, and other such organizations, and some understand how they are being victimized by those that are supposed to be "helping" them. Sharpton also comes to mind, but there are so many. Even in our government.

Happily for us black persons are not so dumb as the Dems think they are and are up-to-date on what's going on.

19 CHILDREN were killed last summer because of the rioting due to the Floyd matter, which was very tragic and the policeman responsible is to be prosecuted and convicted....

But who's crying for those 19 children that would still be alive today?

As imagined!

Thing is .... YOU haven't lived through current history as I have.
You only know what you've been told....
I, and many on this forum, know because we were there and remember all.
Like, for instance, the changes in racial matters, beginning with the 50's in the south and
Martin Luther King, Jr. and so on until today.

Students. That is why there is a class called American History in the US curriculum.

There has always been a class called American History in the US curriculum.
I seem to remember that too.
Except we learned real American History.
It wasn't tainted by the extreme liberal left that has students knocking down statues
of various persons of historical fame...

Students are taught to hate the U.S. --- the best country in the world.
Or, at least, it used to be...I'm beginning to fear for it.
They're taught that whites have too much privilege,,,,
and who knows what else since I don't live there anymore and just getting the news just
doesn't cut it.

The point of history is to learn from it to understand both context/honor heritage and not to repeat past mistakes. The same argument could be used to say why does the US have to learn about the Rebolution, it was over 230+ years ago, shouldn't we let that go?

Your first sentence is so funny that I won't even respond.
I'll just say that man's nature has never changed and never will.

The American Revolution is different MD.
Slavery should also be taught....
how the very Africans sold their people to the buyers...
how it was in the world from the beginning of time....
how it has been somewhat overcome but is still present to this day...
BUT NOT AD NAUSEUM to the point where hate is fostered.
And, perhaps some positive results of the 60's and 70's ...... and so on....
could be pointed out - but no, better to foster the hate and keep the news going on TV and in
persons that can be brainwashed to suit the post modern agenda of those teaching.
Who is calling black people victims? Acknowledging history doesn't mean a person is a victim.

?
Are you living in the U.S.?
Do you watch the news?
Every group that is supposed to be "helping" is calling black people victims.
That's how they keep the game of racism going.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do and many people I know are trying to do. The difference is that I want to include all the information, and JLB wants to limit the information. I'm more on the freedom side.

JLB doesn't want to limit the information.
What some of us are saying is that the information has to be real....
and not used to incite.

The reason these groups exist is because of the constant pushback and devaluing their lives and contributions to society.

I think living conditions eb and flow based on many factors. I think right now people are upset and in some cases rightfully upset right or left that aspect of society need to change. That is life.
Which aspect of society needs to change?
Why isn't it changing?

I don't really need an answer, just think about it.

Agreed.
Happily for society, not all black persons agree with BLM, and other such organizations, and some understand how they are being victimized by those that are supposed to be "helping" them. Sharpton also comes to mind, but there are so many. Even in our government.

Happily for us black persons are not so dumb as the Dems think they are and are up-to-date on what's going on.

19 CHILDREN were killed last summer because of the rioting due to the Floyd matter, which was very tragic and the policeman responsible is to be prosecuted and convicted....

But who's crying for those 19 children that would still be alive today?
:thumbsup

Where Black Lives Matter is concerned they are not about eliminating racism and prejudice. They are about black supremacy and vengeance, which is racist and prejudice. It's gang mentality which will continue to grow until it is out of control.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back