Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
jim crow is easy to find history ,a. few sheriff wouldn't respond to calls from,blacks and enforced segration brutally one was a grand dragon!

Jason,

Jason,

I don't have a clue what you mean in the syntax of this sentence. Do you know the meaning of syntax? Syntax is "the arrangement of words in sentences, clauses, and phrases, and the study of the formation of sentences and the relationship of their component parts."

Please learn to use punctuation correctly and to learn correct spelling. Is that too much to ask?

Oz

Jason,

I don't have a clue what you mean in the syntax of this sentence. Do you know the meaning of syntax? Syntax is "the arrangement of words in sentences, clauses, and phrases, and the study of the formation of sentences and the relationship of their component parts."

Please learn to use punctuation correctly and to learn correct spelling. Is that too much to ask?

Oz
Jason,

Oz
I guess perfect grammar would save the poor educated blacks when they called Democrat kkk sherrifs when the clan murdered them ,this happened in my,wife's lifetime . a local county sheriff retired and died and never saw jail ,one before him under the parent county was even worse !

my point was to show that gun control was meant to impede and negate and control persons of color whose rights .the article mentions that .I,read a met a black men who spoke of living in fear and slept with a revolver . this isn't that long ago ,the 60s! a black man couldn't be out at night or he saw jail in the city ,he couldn't worship in churches here ,he had to find one of his own color .

most black churches today are here are from that time . its hard to take gun control seriously when the pushers say the white cop is gonna kill you to the blacks and then bail out rioters who set many black business on fire .or call trump fascist .

the worst mass shooting ,was the govt ordered genocide of the American Indians .

yet no limits on cops owning ,keeping his ar 15 on his property .yup a cop can keep his issue in his car after shift if not hot seated . its to offer better response if crime happens .

I guess perfect grammar would save the poor educated blacks when they called Democrat kkk sherrifs when the clan murdered them ,this happened in my,wife's lifetime . a local county sheriff retired and died and never saw jail ,one before him under the parent county was even worse !

my point was to show that gun control was meant to impede and negate and control persons of color whose rights .the article mentions that .I,read a met a black men who spoke of living in fear and slept with a revolver . this isn't that long ago ,the 60s! a black man couldn't be out at night or he saw jail in the city ,he couldn't worship in churches here ,he had to find one of his own color .

most black churches today are here are from that time . its hard to take gun control seriously when the pushers say the white cop is gonna kill you to the blacks and then bail out rioters who set many black business on fire .or call trump fascist .

the worst mass shooting ,was the govt ordered genocide of the American Indians .

yet no limits on cops owning ,keeping his ar 15 on his property .yup a cop can keep his issue in his car after shift if not hot seated . its to offer better response if crime happens .

Jason,

Please take my comment seriously. When you don't use proper syntax, you prevent my understanding what you write. I want to understand you.

Seriously!

Oz

Jason,

Please take my comment seriously. When you don't use proper syntax, you prevent my understanding what you write. I want to understand you.

Seriously!

Oz
feel free to fund my,literacy classes .

since I will seldom debate much ,I see no,need to .you,might disagree but I have local minister who teach apologetics ,its not about debating the best ,but using simple things to engage .

they aren't into long ,page after page debates like here . pointless as I posted a link on how racial gun control was and it lists court rulings ,with us code to cite precedents .and you go worry about my bad syntax ,and I may not have the best but the above post tells ,and here ,

note racist sheriff they hated ,I was off on the date but that was one ,the other I recall was his predecessor under st.Lucie county and a few in between .

I drove by all that former black land and thought i need to mention this history in a video and read up on those pioneers . Hudson was my principal ,Gifford high school is where I went and touched their gym and library . it was told to me ,now they don't mention it .

locks keep honest men honest ,laws do the same ,laws against murder ought to be but they don't prevent one who is he'll bent on murder

That's one of the things that people who can't shoot say.
they don't know ,or how ,my,wife is liberal ,liberals she listens say that only one building burned in these riots ,its not violence but freedom of speech,her dad is a retired fireman ,no fire is simply allowed to burn .even know it can spread ,fires have started where I live and burned homes made of concrete .yet lets just give up guns when cops are told to stand down ,don't respond ,or overwhelmed .

The OP subject is: how can the USA reduce mass shootings.

The best way is to reinforce the entire Second Amendment...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Clearly the intent is that there be a trained militia (National Guard, police) to protect the nation's security. This has nothing to do with people buying guns and taking the law into their own hands.

BTW, I am a gun owner.
I don't agree with your assessment of the intent. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" is talking about individual states having the right to maintain a well regulated militia and each state, being free states, have the right to determine what that means. In other words the 2nd Amendment is intended to limit the US federal government's control over the states' rights to manage self preservation.

We too often forget that our country is actually made up of 50 independent and free states held in a common agreement. In other words, our federal government was never intended to be a sole ruling authority. That was one of the reasons for the civil war that cost us 100's of thousands of lives.

Our national guard does NOT qualify as a well regulated militia of the free states because the national guard is part of the US military and not solely managed by the states.

Last edited:
a) That's a long way from ""the media" is "generally anti-gun" that you wrote earlier.
You're right. I did paint all of the news media with the same brush. I'll rephrase it saying the left-leaning news media including but not limited to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, NPR, AP,.....

(2) The strong influence of the National Rifle Association in the USA
That strong influence comes from membership support and includes more than just the NRA. Here are a few more.
  • Gun Owners of America
  • National Association for Gun Rights
  • 2nd Amendment Foundation
  • National African American Gun Association
  • Citizens Committee for the Right To Keep and Bear Arms
  • National Shooting Sports Foundation
  • Law Enforcement Alliance of America
  • International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights
  • and many more.
I'm quite certain that a poll in the US would not find anything close to the support for restrictions on semi-automatic weapons (automatic weapons are illegal except with specific licensing), universal gun registration (we already have this except for private sales), annual registration fees, and particularly having to store our property at government facilities.

So all the people who WOULDN'T commit mass murder lose their guns, and the people who WOULD commit mass murders get to keep theirs since the "law" means nothing to them. You do realize that criminals and murderers prefer their victims to be unarmed???d
Gun control is very different than disarmament. It makes as much sense as saying that speed limits are draconian attempts to restrict reasonable drivers but reward speeders.

The first phrase of the Second Amendment, which is often ignored, explains the purpose of an armed citizenry.

Gun control is very different than disarmament. It makes as much sense as saying that speed limits are draconian attempts to restrict reasonable drivers but reward speeders.

The first phrase of the Second Amendment, which is often ignored, explains the purpose of an armed citizenry.
I agree that gun control differs from disarmament but the amendment also states the right "shall not be infringed." Infringed means to encroach upon. Encroach means to move gradually or little by little.

There are plenty of laws on the books now that in fact do infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights but more and more laws are being proposed and some passed that little by little infringe even more. There's an old adage that says, give them and inch and they take a mile. It may not happen all at once and may even seem reasonable at the time but eventually there could come a time when the scales will be tipped too far to the one side resulting in us losing that right.

Fortunately our constitution is not written in stone. Unfortunately, our constitution is not written in stone. Depends on your point of view. If enough of the people get support, the laws can be changed and our rights can be restricted or even denied. Consider prohibition. That was an amendment that was later rescinded. I don't want to give up my right to keep and bear arms and I hope I never see it happen.

OzSpen talked about how Australia requires gun owners to store their guns at government facilities. See post #295. When I was in Germany in the late 90's, most Germans I talked to were very curious about our 2nd Amendment rights. They were required to keep their firearms in locked government facilities and if they wanted to use them they had to submit an application citing the reason for it. The cost for storage was quite high and they said, "Hunting in Germany has now become a rich man's game because the average citizen can't afford to purchase and store their firearms due to the expensive fees, licensing, and so forth."

This can happen here too and already has begun. Government imposes special taxes on all firearms and ammunition sales. To carry a handgun we in MN are required to obtain a permit to carry and there is a cost of up to $100.00. They claim there is no firearms registration in MN but I don't recall being able to purchase a shotgun, rifle, or handgun without filling out a pile of paperwork. It would take a lot of proof to convince me the state does not maintain a record of my purchased firearms.

Last edited:
they don't know ,or how ,my,wife is liberal ,liberals she listens say that only one building burned in these riots ,its not violence but freedom of speech,her dad is a retired fireman ,no fire is simply allowed to burn .even know it can spread ,fires have started where I live and burned homes made of concrete .yet lets just give up guns when cops are told to stand down ,don't respond ,or overwhelmed .

Even Liberals need guns, lol.

Back