Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
World needs Jesus is all I can say.
It does I agree. But I suspect your image of Jesus and mine might be different.
How would you feel if Jesus turned out to be gay? Well he didn't have any girlfriends to my knowledge.
I don't know but I'm open to the possibility.
So if Jesus turns up in our modern world, he might side with the gay community. Tired of the judgemental Christians who dismiss them to Hell. Not that I'm keen on all gay activism. Much of it is too aggressive.
As for guns, well you are right he would be on the side of peace. So strongly doubt he would approve of the NRA and all its fans.

And Wiki? Anyone can edit Wiki. And until or unless their fact checkers find the entry, it stands. Wiki shouldn't be taken all that seriously. Wikipedia is a aggregator.
Ha. You dismiss wiki. That says it all. Of course you do. Because you see it as part of the evil liberal empire.

What machine guns? I haven't heard of anyone using a machine gun since the 1930's.
Ha got me whip. See I know nothing about guns. 😃
Semi automatic? Is that what he used to mow them down with? They weren't standard rifles anyway. You will win the technical debate. But it just distracts us from the main game. Which is.....the ease with which dangerous guns are available in the US.

Ha. You dismiss wiki. That says it all. Of course you do. Because you see it as part of the evil liberal empire.
Uh, yeah that must be it. 🥴

"Is Wikipedia reliable for history? Wikipedia is merely an aggregator, and rarely acts as source for original research and historical insight. That's why there will always be a place for trustworthy and culturally-significant authors with respected credentials.. Why should students not use Wikipedia? Many students simply copy text from Wikipedia in their assignments."

What i dont understand is the double standard.

As in a government and its agencies are somehow the only trustworthy to not only be armed but have nukes and have a military and everyone else who funds the government tat is suppose to be the people somehow cannot be trusted.

Ha got me whip. See I know nothing about guns. 😃
Semi automatic? Is that what he used to mow them down with? They weren't standard rifles anyway. You will win the technical debate. But it just distracts us from the main game. Which is.....the ease with which dangerous guns are available in the US.
Guns aren't dangerous.
Irresponsible, vengeful, terrorist inclined people are dangerous.

How would you feel if Jesus turned out to be gay? Well he didn't have any girlfriends to my knowledge.
So if Jesus turns up in our modern world, he might side with the gay community. Tired of the judgemental Christians who dismiss them to Hell. Not that I'm keen on all gay activism. Much of it is too aggressive.
As for guns, well you are right he would be on the side of peace. So strongly doubt he would approve of the NRA and all its fans.

Since that is sin, I would say Jesus would not be gay. As for guns He said if you live by the sword, you will die by the sword. But he also told his disciples at a time to sell in order to buy a sword.

It isn't the guns we need to get rid of. It is the heart condition of the day. People do not know who they are or what is right or wrong. The lack of morality and Truth is what leads to mass shootings.

Reactions: WIP
The most lethal weapon in Jesus' day was the sword.

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Proverbs 25:26 Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

It isn't the guns we need to get rid of. It is the heart condition of the day
Take away temptation from people, mentally ill or not.
There is prayer I heard once that goes partly like this
" Lead us not into temptation".
Guns are always a temptation.

The lack of morality and Truth is what leads to mass shootings
Sounds simple enough eh.
Might the convenience of guns , have something to do with that?
I don't hear much of mass stabbings. Or mass strangulations, or mass bashings.
Oh hang on...mass bombings is one. Yeah explosives are bad too.

Wrong. There should be very careful monitoring of everyone who buys guns, particularly military weapons and/or stockpiles ammunition. "Homicidal idiots" can be stopped much more easily if law enforcement pays attention to early warning signs.
So you're going to train ALL the Police to watch EVERYBODY in their jurisdictions, and make sure they don't "Miss" any signs that a person MIGHT become a mass murderer. Oh and you're going to make it possible to SHARE those observations real time with other jurisdictions in case they may possibly move (or continuously travel - like a trucker) What's your Budget for that??? and how will you work out the monitoring of the "Black Market" that isn't included in public firearm sales??

You have never heard of gun accidents?
That's a big statement sir. And I suspect it is invalid.

I agree, many things can be dangerous, a gun, a kitchen knife, a vehicle, a baseball bat, a grinder, a jigsaw, a dog, a volcano, too much sun, climbing a tree, diving into water. The list is never ending. I mean we do live on a dangerous planet in an insanely dangerous universe. What is safe.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back