Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...If people are converted, they will not commit murders (including murders by abortion)...
Not to throw water on your parade, but:

"More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month. The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000."
(http://www.guttmacher.org/in-the-know/characteristics.html)

"More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month. The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000."

Having a religious affiliation and being faithful to the teachings of the Bible are two different things.

"Just because the mouse is in the cookie jar, it doesn't make him a cookie."

iakov the fool
:boing

You tell the rest of us not to protect ourselves while you carry a gun yourself? What's that word again that describes a person who tells others to abide by something that they themselves are not willing to abide by? Are you trying to tell me that if you faced an armed suspect firing a gun either at you or at someone else you would not use yours to stop him. If you really were LE you would know that is extreme dereliction of duty and if you were honest you would quit your job.
When God calls you He appoints you. And when He appoints you He anoints you. And when He anoints you and you are divinely positioned nothing can stop you. Anointing breaks yokes and anointing lifts burdens. Anointing creates excess to GLORY. When a person is anointed - the greater the anointing the greater the move of God in a place. A anointed person opens the heavens and the GLORY of the LORD comes and meets needs in a place. Talent and flesh is not a anointing. It's tinkling brass and sounding cymbal. Sisters and brothers when someone gets up who is anointed you feel the heavens shifting and God comes so low to meet that need. Anointing is empowerment to deal with DEMONIC stuff. Adam didn't need anointing, we need it. That's why when Jesus came He said "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me - He has anointed me." That ANOINTING open the heavens, healed the sick, open blind eyes, raised the dead, multiplied bread, filled boats with fish and so much more! It was His anointing that open the heavens.

Do we have at roof over our head for protection of the weather ?
A jacket when it is cold..
how about immunisation against disease?
Has anyone here given up their sandals or their money?
How about locking a door
locking the car
Air conditioning
who here trust the Lord to cover these things..

or does God given common sense have a part to play?
Religion hates faith. It's always about what I can do. That is called operating under the curse (Jeremiah 17:5). We are not to live under the curse. The Finish Works Jesus Christ is what God does through me...He enables me to do this. God wants no flesh to get any Glory.

This why the scripture says, "rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh"...Philippians 3:3 NKJV.

Last edited:
ILove,
Personal attack reba
I cannot help but to believe you have been less than honest.

And as, I believe it was Jason said, you do not think like any Police Officer I have ever known and spoken with. My former associates with the Secret Service and my friends with the FBI are all Christians but none of them are Left Wing Liberals... you are.
The Beatitudes - Matthew 5 NIV
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Notice I said "reduce" violence not "eliminate" violence.

If people are converted, they will not commit murders (including murders by abortion).

But not everyone will believe so; "he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NKJ)
my sarcastic point was due to the fact .of all the post very few point out what we as Christians need should do . the terrorist rampage is a hard fight. when you have people who gladly will die for a cause . what do you do? to be honest if we went in and rooted out all the terrorist cells. there would still be someone who was willing to do the job. yes i do believe in self defense if it comes down to kill or be killed yes i think i would . i doubt i could do it easy or just go about everyday life like nothing happened .i do agree with you

I would think it to be skewed, here is why as a kid I went only to a few bible school classes about 5 Mennonite and about 5 Baptist. when I went in the service they ask, I claimed Baptist mainly cause I had two aunts that were Baptist. and I have had friends die and their kids talked about dad talking them to church and that sort of talk but As long as I new them they never actually went to church. I think a lot of people claim as I did when I went in the service due to a relative and maybe just not wanting to say they do have a belief.imho

Religion hates faith. It's always about what I can do. That is called operating under the curse (Jeremiah 17:5). We are not to live under the curse. The Finish Works Jesus Christ is what God does through me...He enables me to do this. God wants no flesh to get any Glory.

This why the scripture says, "rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh"...Philippians 3:3 NKJV.
The surprise would have been a direct answer,, ,

Just a general comment: We are not dealing with "Mass Shootings." The use of the term "mass shootings" has the purpose of directing our attention toward the GUNS rather than the PEOPLE shooting the guns.

There were not mass shootings. They were mass murders and acts of terrorism. Murders and terrorism are caused by PEOPLE not guns.

A gun is a tool. Tools are not dangerous. PEOPLE are dangerous.

The leftists in this country hate guns because owning a gun supports the individual citizen's experience of independence and self reliance and the left does not want Americans being independent and self reliant. They want us being dependent on them for everything (health care, food, housing, energy, education, transportation).

Why? Because they think they're smart and we're too stupid to lead our own lives.

iakov the fool
WINNER: PIZZAS POST OF THE DAY

Remember, James 3:15 AMP says, "This [superficial] wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly (secular), natural (unspiritual), even demonic."

The Beatitudes - Matthew 5 NIV
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
All good, now study, using the Naves (I prefer) or another of the great Topical Study Bible references to see what is being spoken of and what the origin of the comments is:
BEATITUDES OF CHRIST
Spiritual Mountain Climbing, Eight upward
Steps in the Divine Life
Initial Step, Humility (Conscious Need)
Matthew 5:3
2nd Step, Penitence (Mourning for Sin)
Matthew 5:4
3rd--Meekness (Marking the birth of a New Spirit)
Matthew 5:5
4th--Spiritual Appetite (Signifying Growth)
Matthew 5:6
5th--Mercifulness (an Attribute of God, indicating further Advance)
Matthew 5:7
6th--Heart Purity (marking the attainment of Higher Altitudes,
where comes the vision of God)
Matthew 5:8
7th--Peacemaking (a Christlike Influence, calming the Storms of Life)
Matthew 5:9
8th--The Summit, Suffering for Christ (standing beside the
Prophets and Martyrs)
Matthew 5:10; Matthew 5:11; Matthew 5:12

Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible Topics
Copied from studybible.info

Oh, and ILove, please, the topic is not a matter of "I know more Bible than you do" so please, let's return to the topic and not hijack it.

But that would force iLove to answer questions directly. It is far easier to post verses than it is to defend a position.

I am a federal law enforcement officer in Washington, D.C. for almost 27 years. I totally depend on Christ and the Cross to lead me, guide me, and protect me...and not the 40 caliber glock I carry. Because I understand it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me. And I spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ everywhere I travel. I am filled with fire with the Holy Ghost! I stay in perfect peace.
Easy to say when yer toting a gun.

That is not dealing with the massacre of the kind experienced in Port Arthur in 1996. We have not had mass slaughter like that with the gun buyback and the gun laws since 1996.

You might look forward to your future under your overlords.

vaccinations_ben_garrison.jpg

Both those references are talking about faith vs. the Law of Moses.

Faith without works is dead and anointing without action is a waste of anointing.

iakov the fool

But that would force iLove to answer questions directly. It is far easier to post verses than it is to defend a position.
It would require him to be honest and that is a thing every Christian must pursue. And i have already called him/her about being a Christian Federal Officer of the Law, that went unanswered but if he/she would speak intelligently, even about the scriptures, some of us will feel he is part of us.

One learns from a veteran perspective that today we live ,tommorow we may die.boast not for tommorow. Is that not real to a vet? This doesn't mean we know or weapons,and assigned tracks,birds, aka pacing items our the source of our life and a god.it does means we have tools to use skillfully to defend and attack our enemies.as a vet one learns that Murphy law that says crap can always go wrong.

Police Officers, at least the ones I knew, over the years, spend their lives with a weapon, just like a soldier does. (I have always referred to them as soldiers in funny colored uniforms) My Machine, my M14 and my M16 all were contrary from time to time, mostly because of the environment but Officers of the Law also know weapons can fail them and because of that they need to know that gun better than they know their wives.

This world was, in the beginning, created perfect and there was no death. When Adam (Man in English) followed that fantastic naked woman into sin, death and decay entered in with his sin.

This is a Bible teaching/learning web site so I'll, here, skip the verses but, in the Bible (and yes, when I say that I mean Christians must look into the Bible, as Jesus, the Christ calls it) the Bible shows us that we must never bow down to evil.

If I do as some, unnamed, members suggest and do not defend my wife and my children along with any elders in my family, orphans, widows and others, I am worse than an infidel.

Now, if we extend this thing out to a logical conclusion, the Modern Day New Testament (there is no such thing) Christian has likely never read the Bible because the bible is not the Beatitudes. The Bible is not even the New Testament, the Bible is the Jewish Bible, the books we Christians have tagged with the misnomer, the Old Testament.

The New Testament can, easily, be required reading for study of the Bible because most people on the Membership Rolls of the Churches do not converse with the Holy Spirit of God by their own choice. And the New Testament, the commentary, will still not see them saved but maybe, just maybe, by studying the Bible with the use of the commentary the Holy Spirit can open their eyes, just, enough to seek the One God.

But this "Sword" we carry, in the hands of the unlearned, just like our imperfect guns, will not help. You need the Bible loaded into your brain just as my Machine Gun without ammo is not going to work.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back