Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The scripture says, "...rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh"...Philippians 3:3 NKJV.
Do you need a weapon for your protect? Or do you trust our savior Lord Jesus Christ for your protect?

Do we have at roof over our head for protection of the weather ?
A jacket when it is cold..
how about immunisation against disease?
Has anyone here given up their sandals or their money?
How about locking a door
locking the car
Air conditioning
who here trust the Lord to cover these things..

or does God given common sense have a part to play?

ILove,
Personal attack reba
I cannot help but to believe you have been less than honest.

And as, I believe it was Jason said, you do not think like any Police Officer I have ever known and spoken with. My former associates with the Secret Service and my friends with the FBI are all Christians but none of them are Left Wing Liberals... you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
so the law has no weapons, there is no protection for your pm? after all no guns , no reason for any of that.

To make that kind of comment, you have not read our legislation. That's an extremist statement that is not based on the reality of the laws that have been instituted since the tragic Port Arthur mass shooting in 1996 in Australia.

I urge you to become informed.

Oz

island nation.only 1/3 were bought. .

If you had read this link, you would not have made your comment at #86. This link stated:
The Australian Government only has the power to make legislation relating to the importation of firearms into the country. Laws concerning private gun ownership are state based and, in 1996, varied greatly. There were different rules about licensing and background checks as well as the types of guns people could use.

In the wake of the Port Arthur massacre, both gun-control and pro-gun lobbyists came out in force. Those in favour of gun control used not only Port Arthur but also mass shootings and firearm-related homicides and suicides from the two previous decades to illustrate the need for tighter and uniform legislation across the country. Pro-gun groups were vehemently against the limiting of firearms rights for responsible owners and disliked the implication that guns themselves, rather than their misuse by small numbers of people, were to blame for violence.

I am a federal law enforcement officer in Washington, D.C. for almost 27 years. I totally depend on Christ and the Cross to lead me, guide me, and protect me...and not the 40 caliber glock I carry. Because I understand it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me. And I spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ everywhere I travel. I am filled with fire with the Holy Ghost! I stay in perfect peace.
You tell the rest of us not to protect ourselves while you carry a gun yourself? What's that word again that describes a person who tells others to abide by something that they themselves are not willing to abide by? Are you trying to tell me that if you faced an armed suspect firing a gun either at you or at someone else you would not use yours to stop him. If you really were LE you would know that is extreme dereliction of duty and if you were honest you would quit your job.

Can I purchase my own service weapon?
MPD issues either the Glock Model 17 or 19 to MPD members assigned to patrol duties. However, members at the rank of lieutenant or above may carry the smaller Glock Model 26 as their department-issued service pistol. In addition, members may purchase the Glock Models 17,19 or 26 as their off-duty firearm; however, this firearm must be used solely as their off-duty weapon while the department-issued firearm must be used as their on-duty weapon.

And expect lots more slaughters.:poke
Not at all true, mate! Today there are several examples, all of which are avoided by the Liberal, anti gun, Left Wing Press of the world at large but I'll use Florida, under Jeb Bush. The first month after they legalized carrying guns violent crime fell by thirty percent, one for each day.

Now the press hates this also but the truth is every one of these mass shootings in the US occurred in gun free or traditionally gun free zones. People that are armed have a much higher survival rate than those that do not.

To make that kind of comment, you have not read our legislation. That's an extremist statement that is not based on the reality of the laws that have been instituted since the tragic Port Arthur mass shooting in 1996 in Australia.

Oz
I am well informed, you only got 33 percent.if they wanted a mass killing can occur.in order for your idea to work a gun registry has to work.it will never work CT and NY tried it.less then 33 registered no one else was registered. Unless to you are going to suggest the 4th and second amendment be nullified your idea will not work.after all houses have to be swept clean.I'm not for asking the state permission to defend myself. It answers not to me on what it ought,ie why haven't you fired those at the dhs that on the terror list,what is up with several agencies mass purchasin of ammo.what is the threat?why will you not act when the Muslims openly make threats and act upon them?

Oz
I am well informed, you only got 33 percent.if they wanted a mass killing can occur.in order for your idea to work a gun registry has to work.it will never work CT and NY tried it.less then 33 registered no one else was registered. Unless to you are going to suggest the 4th and second amendment be nullified your idea will not work.after all houses have to be swept clean.I'm not for asking the state permission to defend myself. It answers not to me on what it ought,ie why haven't you fired those at the dhs that on the terror list,what is up with several agencies mass purchasin of ammo.what is the threat?why will you not act when the Muslims openly make threats and act upon them?
If you had read this link, you would not have made your comment at #86. This link stated:
The link I have posted says your gum back wasn't an option it says also one 33 percent were collected.

I will try not to be as rude as you have been but my friend, have you never read what Jesus/God said and did in the bible? OOf course I view the New Testament as essential but you and any man, woman or child forgets that the New Testament is not the Bible in and unto itself, it is the only set of God ordained and God inspired commentaries on the bible, the same Bible Jesus, Paul, Peter and the others taught from, they were or are commenting on the Old Testament.

God has not called any man to sit down and to meditate as his wife and children are raped and have their heads cut off. No, the men of God were made male with Testosterone because it was the Job of Adam to be the man, the leader, of his family.

We live, today, in a nation filled with boys, not men, that should be wearing dresses and sewing clothes with the real ladies of God.

You are not right and if you will spend enough money to purchase a Thompson's Chain Reference Bible, and then begin chain referencing the New Testament back to what it is commenting on, you can, easily, discover why I follow God so closely. I never want to hear, Be gone, I never knew you.

Amen!

Is it possible? Your spiritual biblical views.

Just a general comment: We are not dealing with "Mass Shootings." The use of the term "mass shootings" has the purpose of directing our attention toward the GUNS rather than the PEOPLE shooting the guns.

There were not mass shootings. They were mass murders and acts of terrorism. Murders and terrorism are caused by PEOPLE not guns.

A gun is a tool. Tools are not dangerous. PEOPLE are dangerous.

The leftists in this country hate guns because owning a gun supports the individual citizen's experience of independence and self reliance and the left does not want Americans being independent and self reliant. They want us being dependent on them for everything (health care, food, housing, energy, education, transportation).

Why? Because they think they're smart and we're too stupid to lead our own lives.

iakov the fool
:boing

but that don,t make sense use the bible/ Jesus serious? thats all most unheard of . but a very good point.

Notice I said "reduce" violence not "eliminate" violence.

If people are converted, they will not commit murders (including murders by abortion).

But not everyone will believe so; "he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NKJ)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back