Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How Homosexuals Misinterpret Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Relic,
Your post isn't deleted but I am holding it for a bit for further consideration.

Relic said:

Atheists and agnostics, gays, or those who advocate for the gay movement don't really know or understand the absolute character of God, nor do they know or understand the absolute moral laws of God, nor do they understand from whence comes the consequences of being an amoral person.

Be careful, your bigotry is showing. John 1:9 tells us that the Light of Christ, enlightens every human-being not just those you personally like. Moreover those you are lumping together are very different groups among whom are folk who are every bit as knowledgable as Christians.

So, as to that, what qualifications do you have to disparage the interpretation of the Hebrew in Leviticus? Do you have qualifications in Hebrew? Greek? Please enlighten us.

Rev. Ray McIntyre,
Priest
Anglican Church International

Relic said:
Your opinion is one that only judges God.

Quath, The assignment God gives to man in appropriation to the culture and time is not for you to say whether it was just or not.

Actually it is. Either God's moral laws bind God equally or they are simply God making things up as God goes. If God expects humans to act morally then it behoves God to set the standard. If we cannot expect that then we are in the place where God says one thing and does another.

And you think Homosexuals are the problem with the faith? I can tell you now that attitudes like the above on the part of fundamentalist Christians turn more folk away from the faith than any other.

How do I know? I deal with the ones who have been scarred, manipulated, told they are not good enough, that they will NEVER be good enough, that God does not care for them.

Rev. Ray McIntyre,
Priest

kiwimac said:
Be careful, your bigotry is showing. John 1:9 tells us that the Light of Christ, enlightens every human-being not just those you personally like.

Odd how you take only part of that scripture and interpret it in your own way. You left out some crucial parts in understanding the whole verse in context.

Notice, scriptures says, 'that they "might" believe'.

To believe Christ Jesus doesn't mean you go and ignore the truth he teaches.
For example, If a person tells you they believe you can help them stay on track with something but then they totally ignore your guidance and doesn't follow anything you say to them, but only continues to do what they want which is in contradiction and in spite to what you say, does that mean they are believing you to help them? I would hardly think so! It would only prove they lie to you and really ignore your guidance instead of believing you to help them. Not only did they NOT have any faith in you, but they totally ignored your word.

Faith without works is dead. And anyone who draws back from faith the Lord finds no pleasure in him.

Also notice in the scripture that only those who "recieve" are Him are given the power, and to those who "beleive" on his name. It is presented to all men that they "might" believe, but it doesn't mean that all men will believe. So then, it is not recieved of all men, but only for those who "recieve" him and "believe" him.

So why would you think that those who come saying, they come in the name of the Lord are speaking truth or living in truth, while all along they are still walking and living in their sin? Is someone who is walking in sin actually IN the light of the Lord? The answer would be... NO, because, they in fact have not recieved "Him" but are in fact, recieving their own commitment to living in their sin. They lie if they say they are Christian but refuse to give up their sins, refusing to repent of the sin. Half hearted so called Christians think they need not do anything to be saved from sin. Shuch a shame they don't even try to give up the sin. They would rather live in it and say it is not sin to do so. The bible says Woe to them who call evil good and good evil. But they just continue to stake a claim that homosexuality isn't a sin. Well, they prefer to live in a lie. And that is NOT living in the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus.

Nowhere does it read that those who reject him, or ignore him, or trangress against him, or live in spite of him will be given power to become the sons of God. But it does says those who recieve him and believe on his name.

So here is the truth of the scripture which does not match up to your very chopped up pick what you want out of it and leave the rest interpretation:

John 1:9-13

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

kiwimac said:
Moreover those you are lumping together are very different groups among whom are folk who are every bit as knowledgable as Christians.

If the groups I have referred to are as knowledgable as Christians, they would not advocate for homosexuality. But would do as scripture teaches; to rebuke trespasses and to preach the gospel of truth. The atheists do not preach the gospel, they deny it. The advocates for the homosexuals are promoting deception to sinners as if it's okay to live in their sin. and the homosexuals do not live by the gospel if they are living in being committed to the slavery of the sin of homosexuality/fornication. Man cannot serve two masters. If they prefer to be a slave to homosexuality, then they are not serving the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus. Jesus taught to go and sin no more. Simple enough. Christians don't deliberately commit to staying in a sin they gave over to the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross when they were baptized in the Holy Spirit.

When followers of Christ Jesus are baptized, the first step is to repent. then they are able to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who says they are Baptized in the Holy Spirit and then refuses to give up the sin they were supposed to repent of is not walking IN the HOly Spirit but is instead walking in the spirit of sin. You can't serve two masters! Sin and Righteousness of the Holy Spirit cannot both dwell in the kingdom of heaven, only the righteusness of the Holy spirit can reside there!

We are to all pray for forgiveness of our trespasses, that doesn't mean we continue to do them without a sincere heart to repent of them.

There is such a thing as integrity and accountability and a willingness to be transformed by the renewing of the mind in the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus. All too many self professed Christians think they are saved without having to do anything or be accountable for anything, and they think they can continue on living IN their sins without cause to repent of them. They are dead wrong! We are all judged by God according to our works, no one is excluded.

To live in your sins without any intention of repenting from them is what I'm talking about. The bible says, Woe unto those who call evil good and good evil.

The Big IF

Romans 8:1-13
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:

but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Repentance takes discipline!

It is the heart of a man that God looks upon.

If a man continues on in his daily life with an unrepentant heart does that make him a man after God's own heart or a follower of Christ Jesus?

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

We all need to pray that we sin no more and continue to walk in the righteousness of the HOLY SPIRIT of Christ Jesus.
Anyone that is IN the Holy spirit of Christ Jesus does not commit themselves to walking in sin but looks to repent of sin.

If you want salvation from sin, you must repent of the sin.

To repent means to turn away from sin, to go and sin no more.

We all have need for forgiveness sometimes in our lives, but are we to spite the Holy spirit and deliberately commit to sin and act as if sin is not sin at all? NO!

Please answer my questions:

So, as to that, what qualifications do you have to disparage the interpretation of the Hebrew in Leviticus? Do you have qualifications in Hebrew? Greek? Please enlighten us.

Rev. Ray McIntyre,
Priest

kiwimac said:

Please answer my questions:

Rev. Ray McIntyre,
Priest

I do not "disparage" scripture.

Exactly what passages in scripture are you referring to?

The bible is interpreted in English for us to plainly understand it. If anyone wants to do a specific study of words or passages, it has already been done very thoroughly and references are available. You need to be more specific in which scriptures you are referring to.

One doesn't need to be a professor in order prove a point. Scripture speaks for itself. Besides, I 've met some mighty stupid and ignorant professors and people who hold a doctorate title. As if it really means anything to those who are false preachers. Ones scholastic qualifications don't mean very much at all if they falsely decern the spirits and then proceed to go on professing an evil as being good and good as being evil, such as those who take claim to being homosexuals and insist on holding onto their sin of fornication without intent of repentance. And that being so, is no different that any other person who insists on holding onto a sin of another type.

So please do be more specific in exactly what you are getting at. If you are trying to set me up for something as if to say I have no doctorate so I am not qualified. Well, that would be so completely absurd of you to try such a cheap shot. Please do assure me it was not your intention.

By the way, what kind of preacher are you? Interfaith, is that it? And you say you are a "Deist Zoroastrian".
http://www.dynamicdeism.org/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10646#10646

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

iflogongzy3.th.gif

affiliatedbih0.jpg

Is this an assemblage of different religions that embraces all religions even pagan ones, and does not teach it's members to stop worshiping pagan gods but ignores that they keep hold of whatever religion or pagan practice they want, but yet, on the other hand, they claim Jesus Christ is Lord?

And the interfaith church even invites muslims into the membership without them having to accept Christ Jesus as Lord and savior, but the interfaith church does nothing to show the muslims that by excluding Jesus from their religion that they have denied the acceptance of a savior who offers them a redemption from sin. But instead they allow their muslim members to continue to worship Allah, without coming to the realization that Jesus IS the son of God and the only one by which they can come to the Father. In other words John 14:6 doesn't hold true for muslims of their membership. And the hindu's and buddhist's do not even recognize Jesus Christ as savior. So then the interfaith church is a huge farce and an insult and mockery of the truth that is considered Holy scripture in the Holy Bible of the Judeo Christians.

Well, I'll tell you, by embracing all these religions and not preaching the true gospel of Christ Jesus as you take claim that Jesus is Lord, you are then involved in a false teachings and are embracing worship no different than the the people of Pergamos and of the people of Thyatira.
You cannot serve two or three or more masters. And other religions serve pagan gods, not Jesus Christ. Seems to me the interfaith church not only embraces the homosexual life style but also embraces the meshing of it's members choices to serve whatever doctrines or gods or lifestyles they prefer. Well, truth is, muslims do not accept Christ Jesus as Lord and savior nor do the other pagan religions.

For the interfaith church to say it embraces all religions is a slap in the face of the One True JHVH God who is a jealous God and does not will for his people to worship false gods and practice paganism and homosexuality. Therefore, the interfaith church is nothing but a farce and again, is proof enough that what I wrote earlier about atheists, advocates of homosexuality and homosexuals don't know the true character of JHVH GD.
Below is the very misleading Interfaith church affiliates statement of faith:
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/interfai ... faith.html

They think that all you need is faith and all is well. but the fact is they do not teach that God is a jealous God and that paganism and false religions and homosexuality are all that go against the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus. Jesus taught to go and sin no more. The interfaith church embraces those who spite the Holy Spirit and choose to worship false gods and practice lifestyles that are strictly against the teachings in the Judeo Christian Holy Bible. The interfaith church is extremely deceptive. Beware of false teachers such as these!
==================
==================

kiwimac,

I noticed you have totally ignored the last two postings I placed here. Why is that? Do you only preach parts of the bible to those who are living in their sins and ignore the scriptures that relay the message to go and sin no more? Or do you think people who are practicing homosexual life styles are excluded from having to live by those scriptures? I noticed on your web site that you are excited over allowing homosexuals to marry. For shame! for by being an advocate for same sex marriage, you do not preach repentance, but enable the sinner to continue in their sins instead of teaching them to go and sin no more.

If God's name is jealous that ought to tell you something

# Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

# Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

# Deuteronomy 5:9
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

# Deuteronomy 6:15
(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

# Joshua 24:19
And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

# Nahum 1:2
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

# Zechariah 1:14
So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.

# Zechariah 8:2
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

# 2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Wikpedia said:
Deism is a religious philosophy and movement that became prominent in England, France, and the United States in the 17th and 18th centuries. Deists typically reject supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and divine revelation prominent in organized religion, along with holy books and revealed religions that assert the existence of such things. Instead, deists hold that correct religious beliefs must be founded on human reason and observed features of the natural world, and that these sources reveal the existence of one God or supreme being.

Wikpedia said:
Critical elements of deist thought included:

*Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
*Rejection of the claim that the Bible is the revealed word of God.
*Rejection of reports of miracles and prophecies.
*Rejection of religious "mysteries" such as the doctrines of transsubstantiation, the Trinity, the Incarnation, etc.
*Rejection of the Genesis story of creation and the doctrine of original sin.
*Rejection of only the parts of the Bible that contain miracles, prophecies, or mysteries.
*Rejection of Christianity.

:popcorn:

Lewis
I was having a really down day, But I tell you what. You have made my day.
Thanks for making me laugh..... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Attn: This article may prove offensive to some..

This goes along with the OP..

Relic
May the Lord bless you and continue to give you courage to fight these Children of satan.....who take the Scriptures and twist them in the same way that was set forth by their example the devil when he tried to temp Jesus by using scripture out of context. There is no differance.

The official statement of Bill “anal probe†James at the CharMeck County Commissioner’s meeting, 5/17/2005

Thank you Mr. Chairman. I ask the clerk to publish my comments in the minutes verbatim.

I have thought about this issue from a variety of approaches. Clearly I don’t agree with the proposed policy as I find the activity immoral and against the law. I agree with the comments of Commissioners Puckett and Bishop and I do find it strange that you would place a matter with such a great degree of division on the agenda at the last minute with no debate or discussion and without going through the normal committee processes. That in itself is strange enough but doing it on the night that a significant tax increase budget is presented is the first time this has happened in my nine years.

The one thing that surprised me and which I have decided to comment on was your statement in the paper saying that you were "driven to this decision by my Christian faithâ€Â.

That I find inappropriate and sinful not to mention insulting to most practicing Christians.

Clearly, you and others are entitled to your opinion but the Bible’s condemnation of sodomy (homos-xual conduct) is not murky or hard to understand. Your attempts to wrap yourself in the mantel of Christ while ignoring his precepts is frankly something that I suspect God will have to deal with you directly about. It is wrong.

When you invoke that your decision was based on being a ‘Christian’ you defile both God, Christ as the only intercessor between God and man and most of the population of Mecklenburg who disagree that the “Christian†thing to do is to condone sodomy, lesbianism and other perversions. There are those that claim to represent Christ and call themselves Christians in Charlotte while denying the scriptures. It is a small step for them and you to re-translate the precepts of God for your own purposes.

The same folks that play fast and loose with Christianity, trying to turn it into some sort of universalist dogma, removing from God his sovereign righteousness, are the same that remove the requirement that individuals act morally and in accordance with his rules.

To these loose confederation of universalists, that claim the false mantle of Christ are an abomination to God and a stumbling block to Christ’s followers that know no better. When the Chairman of the County Commission says that he is following Christ in condoning sodomy it is time to challenge that no matter the howling from the liberal left.

Your comments on this issue of governmental approval of sodomy and by referencing Christ is at its core an assault on real Christians who actually believe in the Bible and its precepts.

In researching this I noted a scripture verse in 1st Corinthians 6 as follows:

6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homos-xual partners,5 practicing homos-xuals,6 6:10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive,7 and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 Some of you once lived this way.8 But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ9 and by the Spirit of our God.

6:13 "Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both."11 The body is not for s-xual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 6:14 Now God indeed raised the Lord and he will raise us by his power. 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ?

6:18 Flee s-xual immorality! "Every sin a person commits is outside of the body"17--but the immoral person sins against his own body.

In the end, 1 Corinthians 6 above outlines very clearly that eyes are for seeing, noses for breathing and smelling, ears for hearing and if logic is used a Man’s backside or rear end is NOT for another mans private parts but for going to the bathroom. It also says that those that do such things and do NOT REPENT will NOT inherit the kingdom of God. They will not go to heaven. Clearly, Christ does not support or condone Sodomites.

It is amazing to me and most Christian Charlotteans that you could take the plain language of the Bible and twist it into whatever you want slapping the “Christian†label on it figuring that will make it all right.

1st Timothy says essentially the same thing:

1:8 But we know that the law is good if someone uses it legitimately, 1:9 realizing that law11 is not intended for a righteous person, but for lawless and rebellious people, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 1:10 sexually immoral people, practicing homos-xuals,12 kidnappers, liars, perjurers--in fact, for any who live contrary to sound teaching.

In 1st Timothy above it specifically says that the law is established for the ungodly and sinners and outlines specifically that “practicing homos-xuals†are part of that group. The Law is either from a governmental perspective or from a religious one is designed to insure that bad behavior is punished.

The Bible outlines in Romans 13 that God created government to be a force for good. God would not create something and apply one set of rules for for the Bible and another to governmental authorities. Parks, you have set that concept on its head claiming that God and Christianity not only condone what is explicitly condemned but that government should adopt it. I suppose this is much the same wrong-headed thought processes that led you to express support for homosexual marriage.

Clearly, there are more examples of such statements through the old and new testaments however I will offer only a few more including one from the First Chapter of Romans which I am sure most Sodomites know:

1:26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural s-xual relations for unnatural ones,54 1:27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women55 and were inflamed in their passions56 for one another. Men57 committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God,58 God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done.59

1:32 Although they fully know63 God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die,64 they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them.65

Ultimately, God gives each of us free will. The Bible clearly outlines that homosexuals are given the chance to change IF THEY WANT TO. If they refuse, God gives them over to a “depraved mind†the result of which ultimately death.

When I was first elected to office you indicated that you did not want to be divisive by bringing up such stuff about homos-xuals. When Lloyd Scher suggested it you all ran for cover. Now, after the Democrats collectively receive $6,000 from the homosexual lobby you all bring it up in the dead of night. You criticized the “gang of 5†for doing so. And yet, you do exactly what you accused them of doing.

Over the last 9 years I have come to witness the “heathen†of Charlotte as an elected official. They (and you Mr. Helms) attempt to dismiss and demean anything involving real Christianity. If they can not demean it they cite “he who is without sin cast the first stone†to justify all manner of sin.

Since that is one of the heathen’s favorite scripture verses and used to justify sodomy and most other perversions here are a few thoughts. The scripture verse most often cited by those that wish to abandon God’s rules is:

Luke 6:37 - "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Romans 1:18 however says: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

In Colossians 2 8 says: See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ.

That is what we have here Mr. Helms. Your view of what you want “human tradition†to be NOT what Christ would want or what is outlined in the Bible but the thoughts and views of a fringe element of apostate Christianity. God judges - not me, not man. God decrees that sodomites who are unrepentant go to Hell. God sets the standard.

We, as humans all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Re-writing the Bible for your own deigns is “judging†Mr. Helms. You are judging that God’s stated rules don’t count and you in your infinite wisdom can re-write them though the Bible says otherwise. That is the ultimate arrogance.

In Jude, it says “just as Sodom and Gomor'rah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. 8 Yet in like manner these men in their dreamings defile the flesh, reject authority, and revile the glorious ones. 9 But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, disputed about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a reviling judgment upon him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you."

So, Mr. Helms and Democrats. I have nothing else to say except what the Bible instructs me to say. “The Lord Rebuke youâ€Â.

It will be up to him to settle matters with your souls and the voters to settle matters with the 6 of you in 18 months. If The Democrats are removed from office i 18 months time the Republicans are committed to reversing this completely. That is our collective “judgment†and the rock on which we stand.

http://www.pamspaulding.com/BillJames.htm

jg, i'm going to post those verses in Romans again because they preach a very powerful message of 'degression'.

Romans 1:20-33

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible manâ€â€and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Quath said:
I see two types of "moral law" here. The absolute (but really relative) ones that Christians say come directly from God. And the morality that comes from social contracts and biology.

The Christian moral law make little logical sense and is cultural relativism in disguise. I think such laws are in the end very harmful to society and to its people. Just as an example, God says it is moral to kill your enbemy's children. He doesn't just accept it - He demanded it. So that means that if it is morally good to kill your enemy's children because God wanted it once, that means it should always be ok (unless such a law/command were relative). I could go on with all the barbaric laws that God promotes in the Old Testament, but I think this is a good enough example.

Are you saying there are no absolutes?

christian_soldier said:
Are you saying there are no absolutes?

Evidently not when it comes to the Bible. I agree with Quath and, if you were being totally honest, you would too, cs. There are any number of scriptures that we cannot in all good conscience or good logic apply to present day.

By the way, I just LOVE the thread title about how homosexuals 'misinterpret the scriptures'. Christianity and its many religious denominations is in a shambles today because of ITS misinterpretation of the scriptures and the man-made traditions and fallacies that have evolved from this. Examples: 'annihilation' or 'eternal torment in hell'; 'tongue-speaking' or no 'tongue-speaking'; 'trinity' or 'no trinity'; 'immediate heaven/hell at death' or 'sleeping in the grave until the resurrection'; 'under the law' or 'not under the law'; '7th-day (Saturday) Sabbath' or Sunday - the Lord's day'; etc. etc.

Once again it's the homosexuals that are targetted to the exclusion of all else. Silly, silly . . .

SputnikBoy said:
Evidently not when it comes to the Bible. I agree with Quath and, if you were being totally honest, you would too, cs. There are any number of scriptures that we cannot in all good conscience or good logic apply to present day.

By the way, I just LOVE the thread title about how homosexuals 'misinterpret the scriptures'. Christianity and its many religious denominations is in a shambles today because of ITS misinterpretation of the scriptures and the man-made traditions and fallacies that have evolved from this. Examples: 'annihilation' or 'eternal torment in hell'; 'tongue-speaking' or no 'tongue-speaking'; 'trinity' or 'no trinity'; 'immediate heaven/hell at death' or 'sleeping in the grave until the resurrection'; 'under the law' or 'not under the law'; '7th-day (Saturday) Sabbath' or Sunday - the Lord's day'; etc. etc.

Once again it's the homosexuals that are targetted to the exclusion of all else. Silly, silly . . .

This thread happens to be about how the Homosexuals and their advocates misinterpret scripture. If you want to start another thread, or zero in on, or target another "group" in how they would distort scripture or to zero in on any the other "specific" topics you brought up then go right ahead.

Figures someone like you would try to say others are being excluded from the topic and that some sort of prejudice is involved. If I wanted to do a study on how universalists, or catholics, or interfaith churchs distort scritpure to suite their own needs I'm sure you wouldn't have said a thing. Well, this particular subject is being focused on for a reason. If you want to focus in on a particular group go right ahead. Make another "separate" thread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back