Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How Homosexuals Misinterpret Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
oscar3 said:
Wheoooo, Another smack down :smt075 :-D

Yes, Oscar. That's exactly what it was ...a smack down. It's this kind of behavior that seems to keep you guys smug and happy on this forum.

As for Solo, he continually ignores the fact - as I've told him more times than I care to remember - that Ellen White and I have NEVER become acquainted.

SputnikBoy said:
Yes, Oscar. That's exactly what it was ...a smack down. It's this kind of behavior that seems to keep you guys smug and happy on this forum.

As for Solo, he continually ignores the fact - as I've told him more times than I care to remember - that Ellen White and I have NEVER become acquainted.

Wow, sputnikboy, you take every opportunity to use everything in your favor as if I was unrighteously smacking you down instead of revealing truth of what you are really presenting on these boards. Shame on you.

Scripture teaches that we are to rebuke those who are transgressing the truth of the Holy spirit. I have not done anything but reveal the anti-christ in the carnal mindset. You have presented your favoritism of the carnal mindset here all too many times by your advocating for the homosexual lifestyle. For shame, sputnik, for shame. Your postings are nothing but anti-christ type rantings searching groping for something to be in favor of the homosexual behavior, instead of teaching and preaching the cure.... Jesus Christ, who taught to follow him and to go and sin no more.

Can you teach that to your homosexual acquaintances? You just tell them 'it's okay... you can avoid medical assistance by way of balancing the chemical composition of your hormones. Or you don't need to get a cure of the mindset that is in place which deceives you into thinking same sex relations' . But, no sputnik boy, what do you do? you tell them it's okay to be homosexual and what they do with their sex life is none of your business. Know this sputnikboy, teaching what you do to those people who are in such a predicament IS anti-Christ. For shame, for shame! Your teachings do not teach salvation from the perverse through the love of all that Christ Jesus taught about healing the sick and physically impaired , through faith and hope IN the "Holy" Word of God.

I have added bolding only to draw attention to specific statements:

Relic said:
You have presented your favoritism of the carnal mindset here all too many times by your advocating for the homosexual lifestyle. For shame, sputnik, for shame. Your postings are nothing but anti-christ type rantings searching groping for something to be in favor of the homosexual behavior, instead of teaching and preaching the cure.... Jesus Christ, who taught to follow him and to go and sin no more
When has Sputnik advocated for the homosexual lifestyle? Which posts? When has he argued in support of homosexual behaviour?

If you cannot produce evidence to support your assertions about Sputnik, you need to apologize and withdraw them. If you do produce such evidence, I will apologize to you for implying that you have stated something non-factual and I will withdraw this post.

Back on topic - if we ever were on topic - yes, I've little doubt that homosexuals HAVE misinterpreted scripture. This basically means that they are on a par with most major mainstream Christian denominations who have ALSO misinterpreted scriptures to suit their own cherished traditions and doctrines. The three main areas where Christianity has it backward, of course, are 1. the state of the dead 2. eternal torment in hell, and 3. Sunday is the Sabbath-day. Furthermore, they will swear black and blue and until the cows come home that the Bible supports what amounts to gross misinterpretation of the scriptures by the founders or stalwarts of their particular local church.

Off-topic, yes, but I'm merely making a pertinent point that homosexuals don't have the monopoly on Bible misinterpretation. I trust that at least some of you guys who are SO enthusiastic about this issue also spread out this enthusiasm by feeding the hungry, tending for the sick, visiting those who are in prison, assisting those who are dying of AIDS, etc.

Drew said:

When has Sputnik advocated for the homosexual lifestyle? Which posts? When has he argued in support of homosexual behaviour?

If you cannot produce evidence to support your assertions about Sputnik, you need to apologize and withdraw them. If you do produce such evidence, I will apologize to you for implying that you have stated something non-factual and I will withdraw this post.

Hip hip hooray, Drew comes with the final card. You must apologize you have accused my bro wrongly. Well drew you come up with it. I don't have to it is evident in each one of his writings that he lacks continued support of Christ Jesus being the salvation of the sinner, the healer of the sick. Instead he tells homosexuals it's okay to continue in their preferred lifestyle. He even stated that what they do with their sex life is none of his business. Read the postings Drew.

I posted previously. I wrote that his support of homosexual lifestyle is lacking in the cure all. Sputnikboy neglects to support his writings with the solution, the cure all is Christ Jesus. Doe she ever end his postings on that note? I have yet to see it! His lack of Christian support is evident.

Now can we please get back on topic or is it your tactic to get this thread locked so that it cannot continue on track of showing how homosexuals and their advocates mis-interpret scripture to suite their own desires.

You guys will try anything to disrupt the discussion of this truth that they distort scripture to suite their own desires! :-?

SputnikBoy said:
Back on topic - if we ever were on topic - yes, I've little doubt that homosexuals HAVE misinterpreted scripture. This basically means that they are on a par with most major mainstream Christian denominations who have ALSO misinterpreted scriptures to suit their own cherished traditions and doctrines. The three main areas where Christianity has it backward, of course, are 1. the state of the dead 2. eternal torment in hell, and 3. Sunday is the Sabbath-day. Furthermore, they will swear black and blue and until the cows come home that the Bible supports what amounts to gross misinterpretation of the scriptures by the founders or stalwarts of their particular local church.

Off-topic, yes, but I'm merely making a pertinent point that homosexuals don't have the monopoly on Bible misinterpretation. I trust that at least some of you guys who are SO enthusiastic about this issue also spread out this enthusiasm by feeding the hungry, tending for the sick, visiting those who are in prison, assisting those who are dying of AIDS, etc.

You are one of the ones who have swayed this topic off course in the first place! And so you are trying to do it again by saying that christians do the same and pointing to how they do it and are not excluded in such and such. Well then! Go start your own thread on that! If you want to be involved in this thread Stick to the subject of how homosexuals and their advocates twist scripture to meed their own desires and beleifs.!

Quit adding onto and diverting the subject!

Many Christians do twist scriptures to suite their own needs, and they ALSO help the many of the needy!

That is not the topic! So stop the diversion sputnikboy!

Relic said:
Hip hip hooray, Drew comes with the final card. You must apologize you have accused my bro wrongly. Well drew you come up with it. I don't have to it is evident in each one of his writings that he lacks continued support of Christ Jesus being the salvation of the sinner, the healer of the sick. Instead he tells homosexuals it's okay to continue in their preferred lifestyle. He even stated that what they do with their sex life is none of his business. Read the postings Drew.
It is not my responsibility to substantiate your posts - it is yours.

But I have read each post of Sputniks in this thread and can find nothing that justifies your claims.

Please substantiate your claim or withdraw it. I will do the same if proven wrong.

By the way, if he did say that "what they do with their sex life is none of his business", this does not mean that he is advocating a homosexual lifestyle as your original post states clearly that he is.

Your statement "I don't have to" is interesting. Do you think you need not substantiate an accusatory claim?

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

I see nothing about wives submiting to your wives, or Husbands love your husbands.

I would think that if homosexuality was cool with God he would have put instructions on how husbands should take care of there husbands and wives to wives. Nope nothing like that.

Oh I know. Its most likley in the
Deliberate Distortions in SDA’s “Clear Word Bibleâ€Â

Drew said:

But I have read each post of Sputniks in this thread and can find nothing that justifies your claims.

Please substantiate your claim or withdraw it. I will do the same if proven wrong.

By the way, if he did say that "what they do with their sex life is none of his business", this does not mean that he is advocating a homosexual lifestyle as your original post states clearly that he is.

Your statement "I don't have to" is interesting. Do you think you need not substantiate an accusatory claim?

Drew
Are you sputs keeper?

oscar3 said:
Drew
Are you sputs keeper?
No more than you are Relic's.

What would Relic's "keeper" do, come to think of it? I imagine they might try to deflect attention from the fact that Relic has not provided evidence to substantiate claims.

Ring any bells?

Drew said:

I don't have to substantiate your posts then either do I?

Go ahead applaud yourselves Drew, Sputnikboy, and others who are of that group, you have done such a wonderful job in diverting from the original topic!

Relic:

Do you think that a person who claims that a poster has claimed "X" and is then asked to support that claim, can simply ignore the request?

Perhaps I should claim that you support the homosexual lifestyle and then simply claim that I do not have provide evidence for such a statement about you. How would you feel?

As to diversions, the fact remains - you claimed something about Sputnik. I have called you on it. Please do the right thing.

If you can substantiate your claim, I will withdraw mine.

Drew said:
No more than you are Relic's.

What would Relic's "keeper" do, come to think of it? I imagine they might try to deflect attention from the fact that Relic has not provided evidence to substantiate claims.

Ring any bells?

Well lets take a look here..
Relic has the entirty of the bible to support her claim.
You drew and sput as always, have only opinion and nothing more.

So the question then becomes. Who do we believe. The bible or your opinion?

oscar3 said:
Relic has the entirty of the bible to support her claim.
Where does the Bible support her claims about Sputnik. That is what is at issue - and Relic is the one who made the original claim, so please not play the "diversion" card.

Which book of the Old or New Testaments makes any reference to SputnikBoy at all?

Drew said:

Thanks Drew, I appreciate your words ...am I TOO backslapping ...? :biggrin

There is sometimes more than an element of hysteria involved by some on this forum when dealing with this issue of homosexuality. It clouds their ability to reason out the issue at hand. Therefore, any logical/clinical/psychological/other approach to the issue is entirely disregarded and all they can see is sin, sin, SIN. Relic, as his/her previous postings will indicate, is quite obsessed with the topic of homosexuality. He/she hates it with a passion and this is most evident in the tone of his/her posts. I see little to no Christian love for a fellow human being in them at all ...quite the contrary, in fact. There are no allowances given at all or even a glimmer of understanding whatever for the plight of those homosexuals who perhaps hate 'what they are' and for those that will even contemplate or even resort to taking their own lives if need be.

What really irks me is this ...I firmly believe that one's frothing at the mouth with hysteria over the topic of homosexuality has little or even NOTHING to do with 'defending the Bible'. And, if these people who ARE so passionate about the issue were being totally honest, they would admit that their own prejudice re this issue is the driving force behind their enthusiasm to condemn. The shame and the mockery of it all is that this prejudice toward a group of fellow human beings who just MIGHT NOT have anything to do with their sexual orientation is supposedly offset with what THEY perceive to be a 'divinely inspired' message. If I hate anything at all it's THIS form of Christianity.

Conservative Christian theologians: Believe that the Bible was written by authors who were directly inspired by God. Thus their writings are seen as inerrant -- completely free of error as originally written.
The Bible is regarded as the actual Word of God. Thus whenever the Bible and science disagree, the former must be right.
Most interpret the Garden of Eden story in the book of Genesis as indicating the fall of humanity into sin. They view homosexual behavior as one evidence of that sin.
When they study the Bible for guidance on homosexuality, they generally look for proof texts -- passages that clearly and directly deal with the topic.

Liberal Christian theologians : Interpret the Bible as having been written by authors who were intent on promoting their own religious and spiritual beliefs. The writers lived in a pre-scientific age, which treated slavery, genocide, mass murder, and the oppression of women as acceptable.
Since meaningful scientific study of sexual orientation did not begin until circa 1950 CE, biblical authors had no awareness of the topic. When the Bible and science disagree, we have to give greater weight to the recent findings of human sexuality researchers.
Most interpret the creation story in Genesis as composed of myths derived from Middle Eastern pagan religions. Many do not accept the reality of the fall of humanity.
When liberal theologians study the Bible for guidance on homosexuality, they generally look for applicable biblical themes, like those advocating justice, love, monogamy, caring, commitment, etc.

Drew and Sput
You guys need to repent of your liberalism. it is because of your faulty interpretations of the scriptures that you see nothing wrong with homosexuality. As the OP suggest, this liberalism is at the heart of this debate.

oscar3 said:
Conservative Christian theologians: Believe that the Bible was written by authors who were directly inspired by God. Thus their writings are seen as inerrant -- completely free of error as originally written.
The Bible is regarded as the actual Word of God. Thus whenever the Bible and science disagree, the former must be right.
Most interpret the Garden of Eden story in the book of Genesis as indicating the fall of humanity into sin. They view homosexual behavior as one evidence of that sin.
When they study the Bible for guidance on homosexuality, they generally look for proof texts -- passages that clearly and directly deal with the topic.

Liberal Christian theologians : Interpret the Bible as having been written by authors who were intent on promoting their own religious and spiritual beliefs. The writers lived in a pre-scientific age, which treated slavery, genocide, mass murder, and the oppression of women as acceptable.
Since meaningful scientific study of sexual orientation did not begin until circa 1950 CE, biblical authors had no awareness of the topic. When the Bible and science disagree, we have to give greater weight to the recent findings of human sexuality researchers.
Most interpret the creation story in Genesis as composed of myths derived from Middle Eastern pagan religions. Many do not accept the reality of the fall of humanity.
When liberal theologians study the Bible for guidance on homosexuality, they generally look for applicable biblical themes, like those advocating justice, love, monogamy, caring, commitment, etc.

Drew and Sput
You guys need to repent of your liberalism. it is because of your faulty interpretations of the scriptures that you see nothing wrong with homosexuality. As the OP suggest, this liberalism is at the heart of this debate.

Homosexuals, heterosexuals, transexuals, A-sexuals, etc. etc. are in the same boat when it comes to God's judgment, Oscar. You just take care of your own sins as I doubt that you've yet received your halo. As for repenting ...do you feel the need to repent after every post ...? :wink:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, much to the chagrine of Relic ...it's NO BUSINESS OF MINE what you choose to do or not to do in the privacy of your own bedroom, Oscar. That's between you and God ...Okay?

Drew and sput

A senseless man has no knowledge,
Nor does a stupid man understand this:
New American Standard Bible (Ps 92:6)

Since they are against the Holy Spirit then they have to be from the devil. :smt074

(Nowhere in the Bible are homosexual acts approved)

"But before they went to bed, the men of the city beset the house both young and old, all the people together. And they called Lot, and said to him: Where are the men that came in to thee at night? bring them out hither that we may know them: Lot went out to them, and shut the door after him, and said: no not so, I beseech you, my brethren, do not commit this evil. I have two daughters who as yet have not known man : I will bring them out to you, and abuse you them as it shall please you, so that you do no evil to these men, because they are come in under the shadow of my roof. But they said: Get thee back thither. And again: Thou camest in, said they, as a, stranger, was it to be a judge? therefore we will afflict thee more than them. And they pressed very violently upon Lot: and they were even at the point of breaking open the doors. And behold the men put out their hand, and drew in Lot unto them, and shut the door: And them that were without, they struck with blindness from the least to the greatest, so that they could not find the door. And they said to Lot: Hast thou here ally of thine? son in law, or sons, or daughters, all that are thine bring them out of this city: For we will destroy this place, because their cry is grown loud before the Lord, who hath sent us to destroy them." (Gen. 19:4 -13)

"We know that the law is good, provided that one uses it as law, with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and the unruly, the godless and the sinful, the unholy and profane, those who kill their fathers or mothers, murders, the unchaste, homosexuals, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching," (1 Tim 1:8-10)

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"(Lev. 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Lev 20:13)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."(1 Cor. 6:9-10)

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper." (Rom. 1:26-28)

"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

"And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly."(2 Peter 2:6)

oscar3 said:
Drewp and sput
Do you realize how dumb your views are? Since they are against the Holy Spirit then they have to be from the devil. :smt074

(Nowhere in the Bible are homosexual acts approved)

"But before they went to bed, the men of the city beset the house both young and old, all the people together. And they called Lot, and said to him: Where are the men that came in to thee at night? bring them out hither that we may know them: Lot went out to them, and shut the door after him, and said: no not so, I beseech you, my brethren, do not commit this evil. I have two daughters who as yet have not known man : I will bring them out to you, and abuse you them as it shall please you, so that you do no evil to these men, because they are come in under the shadow of my roof. But they said: Get thee back thither. And again: Thou camest in, said they, as a, stranger, was it to be a judge? therefore we will afflict thee more than them. And they pressed very violently upon Lot: and they were even at the point of breaking open the doors. And behold the men put out their hand, and drew in Lot unto them, and shut the door: And them that were without, they struck with blindness from the least to the greatest, so that they could not find the door. And they said to Lot: Hast thou here ally of thine? son in law, or sons, or daughters, all that are thine bring them out of this city: For we will destroy this place, because their cry is grown loud before the Lord, who hath sent us to destroy them." (Gen. 19:4 -13)

"We know that the law is good, provided that one uses it as law, with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and the unruly, the godless and the sinful, the unholy and profane, those who kill their fathers or mothers, murders, the unchaste, homosexuals, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching," (1 Tim 1:8-10)

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"(Lev. 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Lev 20:13)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."(1 Cor. 6:9-10)

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper." (Rom. 1:26-28)

"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

"And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly."(2 Peter 2:6)

Drew has repeatedly informed this forum that he believes the ACT of homosexuality to be a sin as per the Bible. You need to read the posts of the individuals you disagree with and digest the content before you make such remarks, Oscar.

I, on the other hand, have repeatedly informed the forum that I don't see ANY reference in the Bible pertaining to one's sexual orientation (as in homosexuality) and any problems and remedies that may be associated with it. As I've mentioned previously - although I couldn't substantiate this from or with a reliable source - there are those professed Christians that maintain blindness, deafness, and other afflictions to be the result of sin. I believe this came about from Jesus having told the lame man He had just healed that his (the healed lame man's) sins were forgiven him. So, one can invariably make the Bible fit in with any doctrine they so desire. I'm more of the logical kind of guy than the 'Spirit-filled' variety many of you others claim to be. I guess that in and of itself is a sin to some of you. But ...THAT is also between me and God and no one else.

SputnikBoy said:
Drew has repeatedly informed this forum that he believes the ACT of homosexuality to be a sin as per the Bible. You need to read the posts of the individuals you disagree with and digest the content before you make such remarks, Oscar.

I, on the other hand, have repeatedly informed the forum that I don't see ANY reference in the Bible pertaining to one's sexual orientation (as in homosexuality) and any problems and remedies that may be associated with it. As I've mentioned previously - although I couldn't substantiate this from or with a reliable source - there are those professed Christians that maintain blindness, deafness, and other afflictions to be the result of sin. I believe this came about from Jesus having told the lame man He had just healed that his (the healed lame man's) sins were forgiven him. So, one can invariably make the Bible fit in with any doctrine they so desire. I'm more of the logical kind of guy than the 'Spirit-filled' variety many of you others claim to be. I guess that in and of itself is a sin to some of you. But ...THAT is also between me and God and no one else.

"Drew has repeatedly informed this forum that he believes the ACT of homosexuality to be a sin as per the Bible."

I believe that as well.

"I, on the other hand, have repeatedly informed the forum that I don't see ANY reference in the Bible pertaining to one's sexual orientation "

And I, on the other hand have repeatedly informed the forum one cannot use absence (IF absence indeed does exist) as proof of evidence something is right.

Example:
Pedophilia (A serious sin of sexual immorality) is not directly addressed in scripture. That absence of direct text in scripture does not make it right.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back