Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It seems you don't believe verse 7 or 9.
1 John 1:7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from ALL sin."
1 John 1:9..."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from
all unrighteousness."
If all the sin/unrighteousness is washed away, why can't we glorify God by saying it?

We can glorify God everyday, because He washes away all our sin and unrighteousness.

Im glad you finally see that walking in the light as He is in the light, means we can confess our sin and be cleansed everyday if need be.

Being cleansed from sin is not a one time thing that happens at water baptism.

JLB

Your POV is that there is sin in God, who is the light.
That can't be right.

No that’s not my point of view. Please don’t start misrepresenting what I’m saying.

My point of view is there is sin in us, which is why we need to confess our sin and be cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Do you believe walking in the light is something we do once, or is it something that is ongoing, that we do as a lifestyle?

JLB

Having skin and bones can't make you sin.

But sin resides in the flesh. So it carries with it a lot of temptation. Hunger is a temptation. The desire for sex is a temptation. And we are constantly bombarded with images of food on the tele' (and women).

John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.../
Calling ourselves sinners is not rejecting that we are the righteousness of God.

How so?

As I have told Hopeful, don't conflate what God has done for us with our present experience. God has certainly accomplished it all, already. And we walk, or try to walk in that.

There is no try. You either choose to do, or you choose to not do. It almost sounds like this is spoken from a have not forsaken all perspective.

Yes, being sinless is only something Jesus Christ could accomplish. If you want to try it, good luck. Just ask yourself this question, "Did I want to"?

What in the world does that mean? Who in their right spiritual mind would not want to walk in love towards all and our neighbor as we are taught to?

In other words, one can walk with Christ, live in the Spirit, enjoy a fellowship with God and Christ. But that is not the result of trying to be sinless. If your goal is to be sinless, you're not walking for the right reason. And you wind up lying to yourself that you have obtained such a goal.

You see, you have missed the underlying point like many others. The point is not to be sinless, but to grow spiritually and be a profitable servant unto the Lord. I can not speak for others, but I can say that I am not sinless in my walk, I wish I was, but I do know that, when you stop being better, you stop being good. So if you can not be a better man today than you were yesterday, then something is wrong don't you think?

So is there any meaning to the scripture which says, be ye Holy even as I am Holy? Or are you purporting it to be a can't win, don't try situation?

Guess what? For all eternity, we will be saved sinners. Does that offend anyone?

I do not think I can buy that, Brother. In the 1 John 1 scripture already posted, o one seems to be addressing it, would you do this for us, Brother? It says,
...But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.../

So is what is being implied that, when we sin but then repent and turn back to our Lord for forgiveness, He will forgive us because His Love covers a multitude of sins, and these sin will never be remembered as the scripture says...that somehow we ARE still sinners in that moment? Brother, then what purpose did and does the Blood of Jesus serve?

You guys are not making a very good case against Hopeful, lol. Geez. Let us dispense with the religious platitudes and understand what the scripture says. Please answer my questions.

We can glorify God everyday, because He washes away all our sin and unrighteousness.

Im glad you finally see that walking in the light as He is in the light, means we can confess our sin and be cleansed everyday if need be.

JLB

You are exactly right Brother. This is a blood covenant, which is the highest form of covenant and as such it must be renewed daily.

Reactions: JLB
Google gave 1 tim1:15.
you have Paul's testimony in Romans about not doing the good but doing the evil deeds.
Yes, but he was recollecting about the past, when he was still in the flesh.
1john1:8-10 about Christians deluding themselves if they say they are without sin.
Not Christians, but those who walk in darkness.
They can neither say they have fellowship with God or that they have no sin.
Christians walk in the light-God, and there is no sin in the light, which is God.
you have to distort scripture to prevent this verses applying to Christians, which shows this teaching is false.
Distorters of God's word don't do it so men CAN be faithful to God.
They do it to serve sin, to accommodate sin, to fool men into thinking they serve God while exhibiting that they hate Him.
The purpose of my presentation of this post is so that men CAN serve God, walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh, and have hope.

Last edited:
I'm not questioning God. I'm questioning you. I believe God. I don't believe you.
You're lying to yourself. Whether you really believe it, who can say.
You're a sinner like all of us.
Quantrill
Do you suppose Paul was fooling himself when he wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
Was John wrong when he wrote..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Was Peter kidding when he wrote..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Why not be different than "all of us", and be like Christ's disciples after their regeneration?
It is a whole lot better life.

And that is just our overt sins. What about, 'Did you want to?" The sins of the heart?

And what is the point of Jesus present office as our Advocate? Hopeful doesn't need an Advocate.

This strange and false doctrine of being sinless perverts the very work of Christ.

Quantrill
Do you often say..."Thank God for saving the sacrificial animals!"
Because, in your POV, it is only the bulls and goats who have a better life.
We don't need ever repeating sacrifices for sin anymore because Jesus conquered sin while in the same skin and bones we have.
We have been freed from committing sin.
As Jesus did write..."Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
Free of what?
Jesus answered them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:34)
Servants of sin are not free.

Calling ourselves sinners is not rejecting that we are the righteousness of God.
As I have told Hopeful, don't conflate what God has done for us with our present experience. God has certainly accomplished it all, already. And we walk, or try to walk in that.
Yes, being sinless is only something Jesus Christ could accomplish. If you want to try it, good luck. Just ask yourself this question, "Did I want to"?

In other words, one can walk with Christ, live in the Spirit, enjoy a fellowship with God and Christ. But that is not the result of trying to be sinless. If your goal is to be sinless, you're not walking for the right reason. And you wind up lying to yourself that you have obtained such a goal.

Guess what? For all eternity, we will be saved sinners. Does that offend anyone?
Quantrill
Yes, it offends those Jesus died to free from sinning.
Those walking in darkness/sin cannot say they have fellowship with God. (1 John 1:6)

So you are saying that you never transgress the moral law in any way? That you have risen all the way up to the top of the holy mountain and become absolutely perfect without one shortcoming or failure? Let me know your secret, then I won't have to depend on the continuing advocacy of Christ before the Father's throne as He holds up the sacrifice of His blood for my continued forgiveness and cleansing.
My "secret" is the things you just listed.
You keep depending on an all powerful God to keep cleansing you of sin but not ever considering He is also capable of keeping us FROM sin.
You are still living the OT Jewish faith, unknowingly.

But sin resides in the flesh.
Only in the flesh of Adam's children.
The reborn have been regenerated from God's seed.
So it carries with it a lot of temptation. Hunger is a temptation. The desire for sex is a temptation. And we are constantly bombarded with images of food on the tele' (and women).
Temptation isn't sin.
Paul writes this for our comfort and edification..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
This is true !
Look for the God given escapes from temptation !

As it is written that "God heareth not sinners", it is important to to state who is "we".
If we are walking in the light, there will be no sin.
There is no sin in God, so if we remain in Him we can't sin.
It is for the faithful.

No that’s not my point of view. Please don’t start misrepresenting what I’m saying.
It is exactly what you are saying.
My point of view is there is sin in us, which is why we need to confess our sin and be cleansed by the blood of Jesus.
If there is sin in us, we are not walking in Him.
We are walking in darkness and cannot say we have fellowship with Him.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
Do you believe walking in the light is something we do once, or is it something that is ongoing, that we do as a lifestyle?
It is the choice of the faithful to remain in the light till Jesus returns.
The light is God, and there is no sin in God.

The weak-link of that POV is that the flesh has been killed, and made a new creature at water baptism into Christ and into His death, burial, and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-7)
It is now reborn of God's seed and not Adam's.

Having skin and bones can't make you sin.
Passive sin is sin.
Agreed. Passive sin is indeed sin. So, unless you are constantly in prayer, praise, witnessing, meditating/reading/hearing the Word, worship, saying/thinking/acting on EVERY opportunity to do EVERY good thing that comes across your path.........you are in sin.
You say you have achieved perfection. What do you do all the day long every day? We'd like to know how/what you are doing with your time. You must be doing all of the above only taking time to eat/sleep/bathroom. Otherwise you are in passive sin.

Only in the flesh of Adam's children.
The reborn have been regenerated from God's seed.

Temptation isn't sin.
Paul writes this for our comfort and edification..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
This is true !
Look for the God given escapes from temptation !
Agreed. Temptation is not sin. Whether you sin or not is lies in what you do or not do with temptation.

But sin resides in the flesh. So it carries with it a lot of temptation. Hunger is a temptation. The desire for sex is a temptation. And we are constantly bombarded with images of food on the tele' (and women).

John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.../

How so?

There is no try. You either choose to do, or you choose to not do. It almost sounds like this is spoken from a have not forsaken all perspective.

What in the world does that mean? Who in their right spiritual mind would not want to walk in love towards all and our neighbor as we are taught to?

You see, you have missed the underlying point like many others. The point is not to be sinless, but to grow spiritually and be a profitable servant unto the Lord. I can not speak for others, but I can say that I am not sinless in my walk, I wish I was, but I do know that, when you stop being better, you stop being good. So if you can not be a better man today than you were yesterday, then something is wrong don't you think?

So is there any meaning to the scripture which says, be ye Holy even as I am Holy? Or are you purporting it to be a can't win, don't try situation?

I do not think I can buy that, Brother. In the 1 John 1 scripture already posted, o one seems to be addressing it, would you do this for us, Brother? It says,
...But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.../

So is what is being implied that, when we sin but then repent and turn back to our Lord for forgiveness, He will forgive us because His Love covers a multitude of sins, and these sin will never be remembered as the scripture says...that somehow we ARE still sinners in that moment? Brother, then what purpose did and does the Blood of Jesus serve?

You guys are not making a very good case against Hopeful, lol. Geez. Let us dispense with the religious platitudes and understand what the scripture says. Please answer my questions.
This is not an either/or situation. The problem is that no one I have ever met in my 6 decades ever did ALL they possibly could. There is simply too much evil lurking about for there to be people walking around in perfection. I don't ask him what he does all day to condemn, but to learn. The fact that Hopeful responds defensively indicates he has not achieved the perfection he claims.
There is a VERY important reason I am wanting answers. I am about to be spit back out to Houston by a giant flying metal whale. I feel like Jonah. I tried to flee that which I don't want to do. Who in their right mind would want to take on a pedophile Episcopal Church operating with impunity in Texas? Who wants to take on a copmafia operating with no accountability in Houston? Who would want to take on a local media enabling evil and covering it up?
I certainly wish to ignore that which needs to be addressed for the sake of innocent children. Why should I have to do this thing while everyone else pretends nothing is happening and therefore does nothing about it? Am I committing passive sin trying to just get my family out of that hell hole? Must I martyr my life to take powerful corporations on? At a minimum character assassination awaits me on any endeavor to stand up for what I know is right. At worst I will be physically murdered.
So HOW does HOPEFUL KNOW he is doing ALL he can possibly do? And now he knows what's going on in Houston. What's he going to do about THAT? Nothing. That's what. PASSIVE sin just like every one else.

My "secret" is the things you just listed.
You keep depending on an all powerful God to keep cleansing you of sin but not ever considering He is also capable of keeping us FROM sin.
You are still living the OT Jewish faith, unknowingly.
If you can show me one person who is totally sinless, then I might start to believe that what you are saying is not a lot of cobblers.

Reactions: JLB
As it is written that "God heareth not sinners", it is important to to state who is "we".

Those who call upon the name of the Lord.

For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Romans 10:13

It is exactly what you are saying.

This is what you said that misrepresents me.

Your POV is that there is sin in God, who is the light.

TOS

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

It is a violation to misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not flood a forum or thread with similar posts, or many posts in succession. Allow others a chance to speak and be heard. If you are responding to multiple posts in the same thread, please consider using the multi-quote feature. Please refrain from taking a thread too far off topic.

Please present the post where I said there is sin in God.

If you can’t then you are misrepresenting me, in a very derogatory and deceitful way.

JLB

If there is sin in us, we are not walking in Him.
We are walking in darkness and cannot say we have fellowship with Him.

Every person has sin in there physical body and will continue to have sin in there body until the coming of the Lord, when we are resurrected and or raptured, and receive a body that s raised incorruptible.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
1 Corinthians 15:42-43

Water baptism does not remove the sin in our flesh.

The blood of Jesus cleanses those who walk in the light as He is in the light, when they confess their sin.

• if we walk in the light as He is in the light... and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:6-9

I didn’t say if we walk in darkness, we have fellowship with him.

JLB

Last edited:
Agreed. Passive sin is indeed sin. So, unless you are constantly in prayer, praise, witnessing, meditating/reading/hearing the Word, worship, saying/thinking/acting on EVERY opportunity to do EVERY good thing that comes across your path.........you are in sin.
You need to supply at least one verse stating that POV.
Was Jesus passively sinning when He was sleeping through the storm on the lake?
How about the two brothers walking to Emmaus on the day of the resurrection?
By passive sin, I thought you were referring to ignoring a beggar or something needing attention.
You say you have achieved perfection. What do you do all the day long every day? We'd like to know how/what you are doing with your time. You must be doing all of the above only taking time to eat/sleep/bathroom. Otherwise you are in passive sin.
Again, I achieved nothing, as it was achieved for me by Christ Jesus.
I am not supplying my itinerary.
The way to remain free from sin is not to sin.
As every sin requires a temptation, (James 1:14-15), and God gives us escapes from every temptation, (1 Cor 10:13), all we need to do is find every escape He gives from temptation.
Do this, and you too will be free of sin.

Back