Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Those who call upon the name of the Lord.
If they have truly repented of sin, they are non-sinners and God will hear them when they call upon the name of the Lord at their water baptism into Him, His death, His burial, and His resurrection.
Like Paul in Acts 22:16..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Romans 10:13
Thank God for His mercy.

This is what you said that misrepresents me.

TOS

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.
It is a violation to misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not flood a forum or thread with similar posts, or many posts in succession. Allow others a chance to speak and be heard. If you are responding to multiple posts in the same thread, please consider using the multi-quote feature. Please refrain from taking a thread too far off topic.

Please present the post where I said there is sin in God.
Post #61..."If we are walking in the light as He is in the light, we still need to be cleansed of our sin."
If you can’t then you are misrepresenting me, in a very derogatory and deceitful way.
If we are in God, walking in the light, we can't have sin on us as there is no sin in God, the light.

If they have truly repented of sin, they are non-sinners and God will hear them when they call upon the name of the Lord at their water baptism into Him, His death, His burial, and His resurrection.

Sorry but you added to what the word says. It did not mention water baptism.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

JLB

Post #61..."If we are walking in the light as He is in the light, we still need to be cleansed of our sin."

Yes exactly.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

JLB

Sorry but you added to what the word says. It did not mention water baptism.
It did in the scripture I cited, Acts 22:16..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Thank God for His benevolent mercy.

If we are in God, walking in the light, we can't have sin on us as there is no sin in God, the light.

Please post the scripture for your claim so we can examine it.

If we are walking in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin.

JLB

Yes exactly.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
JLB
The cleansing happens before we are in the light.
There is no sin in God, who is the light.
If we are "in Him", we can't introduce sin to be cleansed of into Him.

Wash away the sin, then walk in the light the rest of your days.

Like Paul in Acts 22:16..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

Water baptism is for believers, not unbelievers.

The baptism with the Holy Spirit, also is for believers.

JLB

Please post the scripture for your claim so we can examine it.
If we are walking in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin.
JLB
Sure...1 John 1:5..."This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."
If we are in the light, it must be that we have no sin.
We have already been cleansed.
Those who walk in darkness have no fellowship with God.
They need to be cleansed.

Water baptism is for believers, not unbelievers.
JLB
Yes, as believers will get water baptized for the remission of their past sins. (Acts 2:38)..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

You need to supply at least one verse stating that POV.
Was Jesus passively sinning when He was sleeping through the storm on the lake?
How about the two brothers walking to Emmaus on the day of the resurrection?
By passive sin, I thought you were referring to ignoring a beggar or something needing attention.

Again, I achieved nothing, as it was achieved for me by Christ Jesus.
I am not supplying my itinerary.
The way to remain free from sin is not to sin.
As every sin requires a temptation, (James 1:14-15), and God gives us escapes from every temptation, (1 Cor 10:13), all we need to do is find every escape He gives from temptation.
Do this, and you too will be free of sin.
James 4:17

Yes, but he was recollecting about the past, when he was still in the flesh.

Not Christians, but those who walk in darkness.
They can neither say they have fellowship with God or that they have no sin.
Christians walk in the light-God, and there is no sin in the light, which is God.

Distorters of God's word don't do it so men CAN be faithful to God.
They do it to serve sin, to accommodate sin, to fool men into thinking they serve God while exhibiting that they hate Him.
The purpose of my presentation of this post is so that men CAN serve God, walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh, and have hope.
Apart from failing to recognise that Paul's use of words was the present tense.
You also fail to understand 1john1:10
Those who ever they are who say they have no sin do not have the truth in them...

Basically not a Christian.

How so?

There is no try. You either choose to do, or you choose to not do. It almost sounds like this is spoken from a have not forsaken all perspective.

What in the world does that mean? Who in their right spiritual mind would not want to walk in love towards all and our neighbor as we are taught to?

You see, you have missed the underlying point like many others. The point is not to be sinless, but to grow spiritually and be a profitable servant unto the Lord. I can not speak for others, but I can say that I am not sinless in my walk, I wish I was, but I do know that, when you stop being better, you stop being good. So if you can not be a better man today than you were yesterday, then something is wrong don't you think?

So is there any meaning to the scripture which says, be ye Holy even as I am Holy? Or are you purporting it to be a can't win, don't try situation?

I do not think I can buy that, Brother. In the 1 John 1 scripture already posted, o one seems to be addressing it, would you do this for us, Brother? It says,
...But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.../

So is what is being implied that, when we sin but then repent and turn back to our Lord for forgiveness, He will forgive us because His Love covers a multitude of sins, and these sin will never be remembered as the scripture says...that somehow we ARE still sinners in that moment? Brother, then what purpose did and does the Blood of Jesus serve?

You guys are not making a very good case against Hopeful, lol. Geez. Let us dispense with the religious platitudes and understand what the scripture says. Please answer my questions.

Because you are righteous by declaration. Not by being sinless. The righteousness you have is not yours, but Christ's. An imputed righteousness. (Rom. 3:21-26) (Rom. 4:5) (1 Cor. 1:30)

Of course there is a try. You admit it later when you say you are still a sinner but try and walk in the Spirit.

It means just what I said it means.

I haven't missed the underlying point. All you did is repeat my underlying point.

Being 'holy' is not equated with 'sinless'.

Nothing is being implied in (1 John). We can walk in the light. When we sin, we seek forgiveness and the blood of Christ cleanses us. And when we sin again, we do the same. Why do we sin again? Because we are sinners.

So, you don't think you will for eternity be a saved sinner? Consider this. Put a time frame on it as we can't imagine eternity. 500 Million years after you have gone to Heaven. During that time you have experienced the fellowship of God and Christ and other saints. During that time you have done many wondrous things with and for God and Christ.

At that 'time', you are still there only for one reason. Some 500 million years earlier, you a sinner placed faith in Christ, and were then declared Righteous. None of the glorious things you have done in Heaven for 500 million years will add the slightest weight as to why you are there.

We are a picture of grace. Saved sinners.

Quantrill

Do you suppose Paul was fooling himself when he wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
Was John wrong when he wrote..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
Was Peter kidding when he wrote..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

Why not be different than "all of us", and be like Christ's disciples after their regeneration?
It is a whole lot better life.

I believe the Scriptures. I don't believe what you are doing with the Scriptures.

Do you need an Advocate?

Quantrill

Do you often say..."Thank God for saving the sacrificial animals!"
Because, in your POV, it is only the bulls and goats who have a better life.
We don't need ever repeating sacrifices for sin anymore because Jesus conquered sin while in the same skin and bones we have.
We have been freed from committing sin.
As Jesus did write..."Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
Free of what?
Jesus answered them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:34)
Servants of sin are not free.

Do you need an Advocate?

Quantrill

Yes, as believers will get water baptized for the remission of their past sins. (Acts 2:38)..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

The way we are forgiven of our sins is by repenting, which is obeying the Gospel.

Repent means turn to God in submission to Him as Lord.

I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:17-20

We are cleansed, sanctified by faith in Christ; the obedience of faith.

You can get dunked in water all you want, by without the heart attitude of repentance inspired by the Spirit of faith, turning to God by turning away from Satan, in which we confess Jesus as Lord, water baptism is nothing.

Without faith water baptism is nothing more than getting wet.

JLB

Back