Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study How Many People Realize Matthew 11:28-30?

Christ is all and un all, ( this is the image of the heavenly we bear now, the Son of God is the image of the invisible God, Christ who is all and in all. the image of God who shines unto us. Galatians 3:27.

Galatians 3:26-27 (NASB)
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Where does Paul write in these verses of "the image of the heavenly we bear now"? Nowhere. There is no link between 1 Corinthians 15:49-53 and Galatians 3:26-27. The two passages are speaking of two entirely different things. The former of the change to the believer's physical body and the latter to a spiritual change in the one made "a son (or daughter) of God through faith in Christ Jesus." Mishandling God's word as you have, you've confused these two passages, mixing them together as though they are speaking of the same thing. They aren't.

( WE PUT ON CHRIST NOW, OR HAVE SIN ON US INSTEAD/THE DEVIL. making not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof, as even this thread has tried making ways/excuses, to continue/justify sin has been shown/proven.)

This is blatantly false. "Putting on Christ" does not make one sinlessly-perfect and/or incapable of sinning. As I've pointed out to you before, Paul's letter to the Corinthian believers demonstrated this very plainly. For example, he calls them "carnal babes in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1-3). How, if you're correct gordon777, could Paul say the believers at Corinth were both carnal AND in Christ? He criticized their partisan divisions, strife and and envy (vs. 3), but also described them as God's "field," and "building," and "temple of the Holy Spirit" (vs. 9, 16). Either Paul's wrong gordon777, or you are. I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong end of the stick, not Paul, the second greatest contributor to the New Testament.

The believers in the province of Galatia were yielding to the pressure of Jewish law-keeping, coming under "the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1) though having been freed from it through Christ. Paul explained to these "foolish Galatians" (Galatians 3:1) that by following the OT law of circumcision in an attempt to be acceptable to God, they were turning to "beggarly elements" (Galatians 4:9) and making Christ of no benefit to themselves (Galatians 5:4). How could they do such a thing if, having "put on Christ," they were thus incapable of such sinful foolishness? Though the Galatian believers were guilty of "falling from grace" and "turning to beggarly elements" and seeking to be "perfected by the flesh" (Galatians 3:3), Paul called them "brethren," "children of God," "one in Christ," "sons of God" and so on. (Galatians 3:15, 26-29; 4:6-7, etc.) In all of this, it is evident that you're seriously mistaken gordon777 about your sinless perfection doctrine.

Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Has it never occurred to you to ask yourself why Paul would prescribe these things to people who were in Christ and thus, in your view, sinlessly-perfect? Surely, being in Christ and thus unable to sin, they did not need Paul to enjoin them to the correct manner of living. Yet, in every one of his letters he makes moral prescriptions to his fellow believers. In light of these things, it seems to me, gordon777, that you have badly misunderstood God's word in this area that you're so eager to teach to others.

Putting on Christ, then, does not make one immortal, only redeemed, forgiven, justified, sanctified and adopted.

1 Corinthians 1:30 (NASB)
30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Ephesians 1:5-7 (NASB)
5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

Galatians 4:4-7 (NASB)
4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law,
5 so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
We are redeemed by putting on immortality/eternal life. ( or we have no eternal life abiding in us/we are this mortal who has not put on immortality then)

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

He clearly stated when "corruption shall inherit incorruption," and that he is talking, not about a spiritual condition, but a physical one concerning the believer's body. The fleshly body with which we are born is not eternal as God's kingdom is; our fleshly bodies "corrupt" over time, aging and degenerating, finally dying and mouldering in the ground. But this isn't the end of the story, as Paul explained. At the Last Trumpet the dead - that is, our corpses - shall be raised (from the grave) "incorruptible," "putting on immortality" (vs. 53), inhabited once again by an immortal soul for all eternity. Paul is NOT speaking of a spiritual regeneration, but of a physical transformation of the believer's body such that it becomes "incorruptible" - which is to say, eternal. How you've missed this is quite a mystery to me...

Spiritually, every born-again person "puts on Christ" (Romans 13:14) becoming in him a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17), but their bodies continue to "corrupt," growing aged and weak and finally dying. The believer is, over time, by the Holy Spirit, being more and more conformed to the image of Christ, but their physical body AT THE LAST TRUMPET (not at the point of conversion) will be made to "bear the image of the heavenly" - that is, it will be glorified and thus made eternal and in this way "bear the image of the heavenly."
Corruption inheriting incorruption, is not your ideas, it is only as scripture teaches.

Same author:

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Galatians 3:26-27 (NASB)
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Where does Paul write in these verses of "the image of the heavenly we bear now"? Nowhere. There is no link between 1 Corinthians 15:49-53 and Galatians 3:26-27. The two passages are speaking of two entirely different things. The former of the change to the believer's physical body and the latter to a spiritual change in the one made "a son (or daughter) of God through faith in Christ Jesus." Mishandling God's word as you have, you've confused these two passages, mixing them together as though they are speaking of the same thing. They aren't.
gordon777 said: "Christ is all and in all, ( this is the image of the heavenly we bear now, the Son of God is the image of the invisible God, Christ who is all and in all. the image of God who shines unto us. Galatians 3:27."

We put on Christ, who is the image of the invisible God we are created after, Christ is all and in all who shines to us.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

"Putting on Christ" does not make one sinlessly-perfect and/or incapable of sinning. As I've pointed out to you before, Paul's letter to the Corinthian believers demonstrated this very plainly. For example, he calls them "carnal babes in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1-3). How, if you're correct gordon777, could Paul say the believers at Corinth were both carnal AND in Christ? He criticized their partisan divisions, strife and and envy (vs. 3), but also described them as God's "field," and "building," and "temple of the Holy Spirit" (vs. 9, 16).
gordon777 said: "( WE PUT ON CHRIST NOW, OR HAVE SIN ON US INSTEAD/THE DEVIL. making not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof, as even this thread has tried making ways/excuses, to continue/justify sin has been shown/proven.)"

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Now looking at what Tenchi claims, that these carnal ones are in Christ ?

Because they are described as Gods field, building/temple, they are then in Christ ?

Not Spiritual but carnal, and they are in Christ ?

Them not knowing they are the temple of God, and yet they are in Christ ?

But they are warned, if any man defiles the temple of God they will be destroyed. ( and that sounds like people in Christ to Tenchi.)

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

The believers in the province of Galatia were yielding to the pressure of Jewish law-keeping, coming under "the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1) though having been freed from it through Christ. Paul explained to these "foolish Galatians" (Galatians 3:1) that by following the OT law of circumcision in an attempt to be acceptable to God, they were turning to "beggarly elements" (Galatians 4:9) and making Christ of no benefit to themselves (Galatians 5:4). How could they do such a thing if, having "put on Christ," they were thus incapable of such sinful foolishness? Though the Galatian believers were guilty of "falling from grace" and "turning to beggarly elements" and seeking to be "perfected by the flesh" (Galatians 3:3), Paul called them "brethren," "children of God," "one in Christ," "sons of God" and so on. (Galatians 3:15, 26-29; 4:6-7, etc.) In all of this, it is evident that you're seriously mistaken gordon777 about your sinless perfection doctrine.

Tenchi claims these Galatians were in Christ, even though it says plainly Paul stands in doubt of them, and they have no Christ formed in them.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

Has it never occurred to you to ask yourself why Paul would prescribe these things to people who were in Christ and thus, in your view, sinlessly-perfect? Surely, being in Christ and thus unable to sin, they did not need Paul to enjoin them to the correct manner of living. Yet, in every one of his letters he makes moral prescriptions to his fellow believers. In light of these things, it seems to me, gordon777, that you have badly misunderstood God's word in this area that you're so eager to teach to others.
gordon777 said: "( WE PUT ON CHRIST NOW, OR HAVE SIN ON US INSTEAD/THE DEVIL. making not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof, as even this thread has tried making ways/excuses, to continue/justify sin has been shown/proven.)"

Yes, the Galatians made provision to the flesh to sin, by circumcision of the flesh ( provision of the flesh) it is not a difficult testimony to understand, is it for you Tenchi. ( the Galatians and all who make provision for the flesh, are fallen from grace as testified.)

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

We are redeemed by putting on immortality/eternal life. ( or we have no eternal life abiding in us/we are this mortal who has not put on immortality then)

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

This all deflects and/or ignores my point rather than deal with it directly. Simply offering more incorrectly-used verses doesn't dissolve my explanation, nor does it further confirm your false doctrine as true.

Corruption inheriting incorruption, is not your ideas, it is only as scripture teaches.

Same author:

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Because you are being careless of context, linking verses solely on the presence of a particular word in them, you are badly misunderstanding Scripture. The meaning of a word, and its application to a thing, may vary widely depending upon context. All of the above verses speak, in context, to the physical corruption of a physical body; spiritual corruption is not in view in any of them.

gordon777 said: "Christ is all and in all, ( this is the image of the heavenly we bear now, the Son of God is the image of the invisible God, Christ who is all and in all. the image of God who shines unto us. Galatians 3:27."

We put on Christ, who is the image of the invisible God we are created after, Christ is all and in all who shines to us.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Again, none of this addresses my point. It is just you throwing out more mishandled verses under the assumption that they make your case for you. As I've already shown, they don't. Your idea that 1 Corinthians 15:49-54 is speaking of a spiritual event is totally in error and these new spate of verses don't alter this fact at all.

Now looking at what Tenchi claims, that these carnal ones are in Christ ?

Because they are described as Gods field, building/temple, they are then in Christ ?

Not Spiritual but carnal, and they are in Christ ?

Them not knowing they are the temple of God, and yet they are in Christ ?

But they are warned, if any man defiles the temple of God they will be destroyed. ( and that sounds like people in Christ to Tenchi.)

Sin causes death - even to a believer: death of joy, of peace, of fellowship (not relationship, though) to God, and possibly even to one's physical body. But the destruction of these things doesn't equate to losing one's salvation. A person's salvation isn't located in them but in the Savior; their salvation doesn't rest in their conduct but in the atoning work of Christ at Calvary; their acceptance with God is anchored in the Beloved, who is Christ, not in their own ability to make themselves approved of God. So, absolutely, those who are "in Christ," "God's field and building," and temples of the Holy Spirit" - as all born-again believers are - can suffer the physical destruction of their bodies if they sin. But nothing can separate them from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:37-39), who has promised never to leave nor forsake His own (Hebrews 13:5).

Tenchi claims these Galatians were in Christ, even though it says plainly Paul stands in doubt of them, and they have no Christ formed in them.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

If you think this counters everything I pointed out, you're very mistaken. Here's how the NASB renders this verse:

Galatians 4:20 (NASB)
20 but I could wish to be present with you now and to change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

"Perplexed" is a more accurate rendering of the Greek aporeo, which conveys the idea not of doubt, but of being at a loss as to understand. Paul, then, was not suggesting that he doubted the salvation of the Galatian believers but that he could not make sense of their willingness to be under the yoke of bondage to the law.

Yes, the Galatians made provision to the flesh to sin, by circumcision of the flesh ( provision of the flesh) it is not a difficult testimony to understand, is it for you Tenchi. ( the Galatians and all who make provision for the flesh, are fallen from grace as testified.)

And "fallen from grace" means, as Paul wrote, only "does not benefit from Christ" (Galatians 5:2) not "loses one's salvation" as you have assumed.

This all deflects and/or ignores my point rather than deal with it directly. Simply offering more incorrectly-used verses doesn't dissolve my explanation, nor does it further confirm your false doctrine as true.
2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Because you are being careless of context, linking verses solely on the presence of a particular word in them, you are badly misunderstanding Scripture. The meaning of a word, and its application to a thing, may vary widely depending upon context. All of the above verses speak, in context, to the physical corruption of a physical body; spiritual corruption is not in view in any of them.

Again, none of this addresses my point. It is just you throwing out more mishandled verses under the assumption that they make your case for you. As I've already shown, they don't. Your idea that 1 Corinthians 15:49-54 is speaking of a spiritual event is totally in error and these new spate of verses don't alter this fact at all.
Yes I know you cant be corrected.

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Sin causes death - even to a believer: death of joy, of peace, of fellowship (not relationship, though) to God, and possibly even to one's physical body. But the destruction of these things doesn't equate to losing one's salvation. A person's salvation isn't located in them but in the Savior; their salvation doesn't rest in their conduct but in the atoning work of Christ at Calvary; their acceptance with God is anchored in the Beloved, who is Christ, not in their own ability to make themselves approved of God. So, absolutely, those who are "in Christ," "God's field and building," and temples of the Holy Spirit" - as all born-again believers are - can suffer the physical destruction of their bodies if they sin. But nothing can separate them from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:37-39), who has promised never to leave nor forsake His own (Hebrews 13:5).
A believer is dead with Christ, they are risen with Him not to return to death.

Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

I see that you seem to not understand what the testimonies are saying in Colossians 3, and 1 Corinthians 15.

The chapter begins with showing we are risen with Christ. ( this is mortifying our body on earth.)

We have put off the old man with his deeds, and we have put on the new man, renewed after the image of Him who created Him. ( we are renewed after the image of Christ, who is the image of the invisible God, for by Him were all things created, all things were created by Him and for Him/Jesus Christ )

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Now opening up a lot of the verses of 1 Corinthians 15, we are testified how all in Adam die, then we have to be in Christ to be made alive. ( Colossians 3:1, WE ARE RISEN with Christ/ MADE ALIVE.)

To believe in this, we have to AWAKE to righteousness, and SIN NOT.

But some will question ( doubt) how are the dead raised up, and the answer is, fool, there is no quickening except dying first. ( Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.)

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Believing ( not doubting as the fool) we are dead and our life is hid with Christ, ( by Christ came the resurrection of the dead, in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive/ we are risen with Christ to seek those things that are above.)

( The fool does not believe that we are not quickened, except we die first. We are dead, and our life is hid with Christ/ He has quickened us together with Christ, having forgiven us all sins. Ephesians 2:5. Colossians 2:13.)

This is the resurrection of the dead, ( by Jesus Christ came the resurrection of the dead, as all in Adam die, but all in Christ shall be made alive, the fool does not know we are not quickened except we die, we are dead and our life is hidden with Christ, we are risen with Him/quickened together with Him.)

The body is not for fornication, but for the Lord and the Lord for the body. God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise us up by His own power.

Christ was crucified through weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. We also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God towards you.

The resurrection of the dead came by Jesus Christ, sown in weakness, raised in power. ( sown a natural body, raised a Spiritual body.)

1 Corinthians 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

( regarding the Spiritual body and the natural body) Adam is the living soul ( natural body, and all in Adam die.)

Christ (who is the resurrection of the dead) is the Spiritual body, who was made a quickening Spirit. ( with which we are quickened together with Him. Ephesians 2:5. Colossians 2:13.)

Romans 8 further testifies, if the Spirit that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead dwells in us, God who raised up Christ shall also quicken our mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwells in us.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

We were the earthly, now we are the heavenly. ( risen with Christ to set our affections not on the earth, but on the things of above/heaven.)

We had borne the image of the earthly, ( of Adam) now we bear the image of the heavenly. ( the new man, renewed in knowledge, after the image of Him that created him. Colossians 3:10. Not the fool/doubter, who has not this knowledge of God who has not awaken, and who sins. 1 Corinthians 15:34 )

( flesh and blood does not inherit the Kingdom of God. Flesh and blood is corruption. Incorruption is to have put on Christ, who never saw corruption,the Spirit, the image of God, of the heavenly. Acts 13:37.)

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

We shall not all sleep, we shall all be changed. ( this is a mystery shown.)

We know no unclean person, no covetous man, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ, and of God. No man deceives us with vain words, because of those things ( sins) comes the wrath of God on those who are children of disobedience ( doubting as the fool.)

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light, what makes manifest is light, wherefore He says awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light. ( the mystery of, we shall not all sleep, we shall all be changed. For those reproved of the light, who arise form the dead/ who are dead and their life is hidden with Christ, who are risen/quickened together with Christ,)

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

This mortal must put on mortality. ( mortify your members which are upon the earth. We have borne the image of the earth, now we bear the image of the heavenly.)

Then is brought to pass the saying, of death swallowed up in victory. ( thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.)

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Do you still live in a body that is made of flesh and?

If you think this counters everything I pointed out, you're very mistaken. Here's how the NASB renders this verse:

Galatians 4:20 (NASB)
20 but I could wish to be present with you now and to change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

"Perplexed" is a more accurate rendering of the Greek aporeo, which conveys the idea not of doubt, but of being at a loss as to understand. Paul, then, was not suggesting that he doubted the salvation of the Galatian believers but that he could not make sense of their willingness to be under the yoke of bondage to the law.

And "fallen from grace" means, as Paul wrote, only "does not benefit from Christ" (Galatians 5:2) not "loses one's salvation" as you have assumed.
Perplexed is the same as doubt of them. ( because they doubted Christ. were perplexed about Him, they had law, law is not of faith)

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Fallen from grace is to not be lifted up with Him, which we saw they were not.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

??? More deflection through ad hominem. Telling, gordon777. Very telling.
Tenchi: "This all deflects and/or ignores my point rather than deal with it directly. Simply offering more incorrectly-used verses doesn't dissolve my explanation, nor does it further CONFIRM YOUR FALSE DOCTRINE as true."

Yes, you claiming I spoke with false doctrine, is very telling, for that scripture.

2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Back