Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many verses are required to prove a false doctrine?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You forgot James 5:16

??? This is a clear deflection from the point I made. If you aren't up for a discussion about your erroneous ideas, just say so.

Why not? I still pray for my benefactors like my grandparents
God is outside of time and can see my prayers and apply graces to them at the hour they died!

And to expiate their sins too

Lk 1:37

What do mean, "Why not?" Read my post. Sheesh. Why have a back-and-forth with folks when you won't actually read and understand what they write?

Luke 1:35-38
35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
36 And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37 For nothing will be impossible with God.”
38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

In context, verse 37 is referring to the elderly Elizabeth bearing a child and how this demonstrated to Mary that God could - and would - impregnate her, too, though she was a virgin. What was impossible in Mary's mind was no barrier at all to God. There are, though, things that are impossible for God to do because they contravene His essential nature (e.g. God cannot do what is morally evil), or His design (a spider giving birth to a human), or His will (the devil wins in the end), or are simply illogically impossible, like creating a square circle, or a married bachelor.

God has so ordained things such that when a person dies, their eternal destiny is set unchangeably. See my last post. It is, therefore, entirely useless to pray for the salvation of those who've died, however long you've been doing so.

Hebrews 9:27
27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment

Luke 16:22-23
22 "Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried.
23 "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment...

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Matthew 25:46
46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them who know not God, and who obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Revelation 14:9-11
9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Your little rant!

Are you married to Christ?
I guess that's your opinion and every one is intitled to one.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Peace ✌️ From hence this will be my last comment if God permit.

Last edited:
I guess that's your opinion and every one is intitled to one.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Peace ✌️ From hence this will be my last comment if God permit.
Grant us oh Lord peace in our day by the name of the Holy child Jesus!

Matt 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

We need to be baptized! Amen!

Jn. 8:32

Thanks

GodsGrace

This is what I was thinking- of course test the spirit by the spirit.

But I believe there is a difference between eternal life and everlasting life.

Or it could be eternal life vs. Life eternal

1. I believe one is to possess the Spirit of God
That which has no beginning or end

2. And the other is to have The quality of life that stems from being in His presence

A. Which one of these are born from above the one where which on has the Spirit of God living in them

Or the Joy of the Lord that is the fruit of the Spirit

I found a couple of articles im looking into..
Been thinking about the promises of God
Inheriting the blessing of Abraham .

Life must stem from life itself

Yet God always looks at the heart, For God is Spirit and the cause.

Abraham was told to walk before God blameless
and He would make a covenant with Him.

Note:
God was before Him (life stems from life)

What does that really mean, but to depend upon God.

And what does that look like? Belief that God is in controll of everything.

Belief > obedience from the heart> faith that acts- obeys from the heart
Meeting God in who He is for-> God acts

God looks at the heart, so everything must happen in the heart first- before it happens outwardly.

Until maybe you dont think and you just act for who you have transformed to be.

Genesis 17

17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am [a]Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. 2 And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” 3 Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying: 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of [b]many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called [c]Abram, but your name shall be [d]Abraham; for I have made you a father of [e]many nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in[f] which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

A. I believe the Joy of the Lord, having the end of our faith is what impowers us. Which is life that we are ifentifying with in God. For God is not the God of the dead but the living.

So we meet God in our intentions and the outward action is the testimony of what's within.

But unto men, because we are in this world to bring people to the invisible God.

Grant us oh Lord peace in our day by the name of the Holy child Jesus!

Matt 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

We need to be baptized! Amen!

Jn. 8:32

Thanks
Amen to the scriptures- we need to be baptized with the the Endwelling

GodsGrace

2. And the other is to have The quality of life that stems from being in His presence

A. Which one of these are born from above the one where which on has the Spirit of God living in them

Note:

God looks at the heart, so everything must happen in the heart first- before it happens outwardly.

Genesis 17

17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am [a]Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. 2 And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” 3 Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying: 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of [b]many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called [c]Abram, but your name shall be [d]Abraham; for I have made you a father of [e]many nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in[f] which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

A. I believe the Joy of the Lord, having the end of our faith is what impowers us. Which is life that we are ifentifying with in God. For God is not the God of the dead but the living.

So we meet God in our intentions and the outward action is the testimony of what's within.

But unto men, because we are in this world to bring people to the invisible God.

By water and the spirit! Jn 3:5

What does the “fire” refer too?

Matt 3:11

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? .

Jesus is the truth? Jesus is the way?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”
Is this saying that if you receive the Spirit by faith that you dont go back to works under the law? .

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit. are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

by the flesh - does this not mean by man's natural abilities

So why is this passage above important?
Because keeping the law by your natural abilities, flesh, only pointed out sin. Showing that you alone could not keep the law for fellowship with The Father God.

Which why Water Baptism as what you must do to receive the holy Spirit is an issue.
Because if you say what you must do in order to be regenerated (saved). Then You have been bewitched.

Because
if you received the Spirit, It is because, as said in the second passage, it came by the hearing of faith.
How? By the hearing of faith.

Question- What is the -hearing of faith? hearing of Jesus as the son of God and/or Jesus's faithfulness.

So what this is showing is that the Just live by faith. Meaning as Abraham believed God and thereby was imputed righteousness, then He does not try to go back and try to relate to God based on what He can do in his own natural ability, his flesh.
This points out to me that the faith of Jesus, which is God, comes by hearing.
So you receive the Spirit of God through hearing of faith.
When one then proclaims that water baptism is something you must do to receive the Spirit. Then they are under the Law of works which amounts in condemnation.
Yet if someone heard about Who Jesus is and what He did to free us, and have come to believe in their heart who He is they received the Holy Spirit.

(
missing some details here) note: look up "hearing"of faith to see if "hear" means to heed.

IF YOU RECEIVE THE SPIRIT NOW YOU CAN OBEY THE Spirit.

But can you obey the Spirit until you receive the Spirit?

The outcome then of obeying the Spirit- Which is Faith (walking in what we believe)is our Identification not to God but to the world.
For its God who performs the work in us to live in the works He has planned. What are those works, I bet they are His commands. And this is How we keep them, living in them. Which we see now the way in which we identified with Life>God. For if you love me you will keep my commands ant the father and I will come in and make our abode with you.

people then eat from us who are their fruit as we remain in the vine, Christ.

Because if Faith is moving in what you believe, and we know its impossible to please God without faith, and He that comes to God must first believe who He is, Then one must first come to believe what they hear. And Just maybe to hear is to believe. For hearing may mean to heed.

Then it is in our action that we are identified with God. And in this the blessings of Abraham shed abroad.
Because now we do not see merely imputed righteousness but imparted righteousness which enables a Christian disciple to strive for holiness and sanctification.

finishing what I wrote yesterday, im sure its all over the place...lol..But hopefully someone can still gain something from it and God be glorified.

Below are
Some thoughts on baptism after a different take from the 200 B.C. poet describing how to make a Pickle. The meaning of words then, in their time. (Showed in other post)

Always open for correction to those guided by The power of the Holy Ghost and come in love.

GOD IDENTIFYING God in you through moving in what we say we believe with God

Lets see if we can break this down Some more.

Seeing that the Farther identified Jesus as His Son when Jesus was baptized /identified Him in water and the Spirit (dove)through His voice

(note Jesus also came by water and Spirit) is this how the water testifies of Him, in the three that bear witness on earth- the spirit, the water, and blood???? But what about the blood Father How did the blood bear witness???

or maybe at His actual Baptism taking the cup of death ?

I know blood is in all living creatures, but is this represented in His water baptism or the cross after they pierced Him in His side and blood and water came out (poured) out

you also said 3 that bear witness in heaven
I know you spoke (thunder), (dove>Spirit) but what about the blood

What is Happening is God/Jesus is making the Symbol reality- another words fullfilling all righteousness. The symbols are the water and man (what is prefigured in the physical moving to spiritual -the reality)

initially Water Baptism seems to mean coming under the teaching of one sent by God. Therefore coming under the rule of God (authority)

sounds like bringing the kingdom of heaven to earth

So Jesus is coming under the rule of the Father through John the Baptist, for John was sent by God. (Jesus did come to do the will of the father)

Jesus did what He did so as to fullfill all righteousness-therefore the one who is righteous submits their life under the authority of God.

(wouldn't that be a part of all righteousness being fullfilled)

and also His Father did something else annoited Him..
with power. So one needs to compare what Jesus did before His baptism vs. What He did after.
Also the things He went through

DID Jesus Speak in tongue ? or the father? Or did His voice sound like tongues (thunder) only to those who did not believe? And an understandable language to those who would believe, (those who prepared their hearts(attitudes) to receive their 🤴 king)?????

Last edited:
Mine says salvation so it means salvation
Hey All,
Mr Adams, you are too smart to not know that deliverance is a synonym for salvation.
You are taking the verse out of context to make it mean something different than what is presented to us in Philippians 1:12-20.

Verse 20 continues Paul's point, and makes it clear that he is talking about himself.

Please tell us you can see this. Nice to make contact with you again Mr. Adams.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

You don’t believe we can pray and obtain the salvation of another?
I do not.

We can pray for someone to be saved. But salvation is always a personal act of God toward the person He is saving. God gives them faith to believe. Only they can receive Jesus. We cannot receive Jesus for someone else.

Keep walking everybody
May God bless,
Taz

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? .

Jesus is the truth? Jesus is the way?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”
Is this saying that if you receive the Spirit by faith that you dont go back to works under the law? .

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit. are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

by the flesh - does this not mean by man's natural abilities

So why is this passage above important?
Because keeping the law by your natural abilities, flesh, only pointed out sin. Showing that you alone could not keep the law for fellowship with The Father God.

Which why Water Baptism as what you must do to receive the holy Spirit is an issue.
Because if you say what you must do in order to be regenerated (saved). Then You have been bewitched.

Because
if you received the Spirit, It is because, as said in the second passage, it came by the hearing of faith.
How? By the hearing of faith.

Question- What is the -hearing of faith? hearing of Jesus as the son of God and/or Jesus's faithfulness.

So what this is showing is that the Just live by faith. Meaning as Abraham believed God and thereby was imputed righteousness, then He does not try to go back and try to relate to God based on what He can do in his own natural ability, his flesh.
This points out to me that the faith of Jesus, which is God, comes by hearing.
So you receive the Spirit of God through hearing of faith.
When one then proclaims that water baptism is something you must do to receive the Spirit. Then they are under the Law of works which amounts in condemnation.
Yet if someone heard about Who Jesus is and what He did to free us, and have come to believe in their heart who He is they received the Holy Spirit.

(
missing some details here) note: look up "hearing"of faith to see if "hear" means to heed.

IF YOU RECEIVE THE SPIRIT NOW YOU CAN OBEY THE Spirit.

But can you obey the Spirit until you receive the Spirit?

The outcome then of obeying the Spirit- Which is Faith (walking in what we believe)is our Identification not to God but to the world.
For its God who performs the work in us to live in the works He has planned. What are those works, I bet they are His commands. And this is How we keep them, living in them. Which we see now the way in which we identified with Life>God. For if you love me you will keep my commands ant the father and I will come in and make our abode with you.

people then eat from us who are their fruit as we remain in the vine, Christ.

Because if Faith is moving in what you believe, and we know its impossible to please God without faith, and He that comes to God must first believe who He is, Then one must first come to believe what they hear. And Just maybe to hear is to believe. For hearing may mean to heed.

Then it is in our action that we are identified with God. And in this the blessings of Abraham shed abroad.
Because now we do not see merely imputed righteousness but imparted righteousness which enables a Christian disciple to strive for holiness and sanctification.

finishing what I wrote yesterday, im sure its all over the place...lol..But hopefully someone can still gain something from it and God be glorified.

Below are
Some thoughts on baptism after a different take from the 200 B.C. poet describing how to make a Pickle. The meaning of words then, in their time. (Showed in other post)

Always open for correction to those guided by The power of the Holy Ghost and come in love.

GOD IDENTIFYING God in you through moving in what we say we believe with God

Lets see if we can break this down Some more.

Seeing that the Farther identified Jesus as His Son when Jesus was baptized /identified Him in water and the Spirit (dove)through His voice

(note Jesus also came by water and Spirit) is this how the water testifies of Him, in the three that bear witness on earth- the spirit, the water, and blood???? But what about the blood Father How did the blood bear witness???

or maybe at His actual Baptism taking the cup of death ?

I know blood is in all living creatures, but is this represented in His water baptism or the cross after they pierced Him in His side and blood and water came out (poured) out

you also said 3 that bear witness in heaven
I know you spoke (thunder), (dove>Spirit) but what about the blood

What is Happening is God/Jesus is making the Symbol reality- another words fullfilling all righteousness. The symbols are the water and man (what is prefigured in the physical moving to spiritual -the reality)

initially Water Baptism seems to mean coming under the teaching of one sent by God. Therefore coming under the rule of God (authority)

sounds like bringing the kingdom of heaven to earth

So Jesus is coming under the rule of the Father through John the Baptist, for John was sent by God. (Jesus did come to do the will of the father)

Jesus did what He did so as to fullfill all righteousness-therefore the one who is righteous submits their life under the authority of God.

(wouldn't that be a part of all righteousness being fullfilled)

and also His Father did something else annoited Him..
with power. So one needs to compare what Jesus did before His baptism vs. What He did after.
Also the things He went through

DID Jesus Speak in tongue ? or the father? Or did His voice sound like tongues (thunder) only to those who did not believe? And an understandable language to those who would believe, (those who prepared their hearts(attitudes) to receive their 🤴 king)?????
Having believed regeneration comes before Justification. Based on Galatians 2:16 kjv.

The question is who says our sins are forgiven before you are awakened by the one who can forgive Sin.

And what is the effects of thinking something happened to you that didn't. That you believe to be true but don't know it is true?

The effects are religion; what looks good to men on the outside but not the relationship needed with God that changes the inside.

And the last question is What will you do about it?
What if, like I did, .one argued a position for years that I thought I knew.

I had to humble myself. 😌

By water and the spirit! Jn 3:5

What does the “fire” refer too?

Matt 3:11
Hey All,
Matthew writes:

Matthew 3:10-12 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Verse 10 is talking about a fruitless tree. It's only use is for firewood.
Verse 11 equates Jesus baptizing with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Verse 12 tells us the chaff (unbelievers) will burn, but the wheat (believers) will not.

Then we see this admonition from Jesus to the church of Layodicia in Revelation 3.

Revelation 3:17-18 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Gold also does not burn. But impurities the gold is contained in does burn.

In both passages the fire is a proving, or is it proofing, fire.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Having believed regeneration comes before Justification. Based on Galatians 2:16 kjv.

The question is who says our sins are forgiven before you are awakened by the one who can forgive Sin.

And what is the effects of thinking something happened to you that didn't. That you believe to be true but don't know it is true?

The effects are religion; what looks good to men on the outside but not the relationship needed with God that changes the inside.

And the last question is What will you do about it?
What if, like I did, .one argued a position for years that I thought I knew.

I had to humble myself. 😌
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Not “faith alone”!

Hey All,
Mr Adams, you are too smart to not know that deliverance is a synonym for salvation.
You are taking the verse out of context to make it mean something different than what is presented to us in Philippians 1:12-20.

Verse 20 continues Paul's point, and makes it clear that he is talking about himself.

Please tell us you can see this. Nice to make contact with you again Mr. Adams.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Sure but it’s prayer that obtains grace
Ask and you shall receive

James 5:16

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Hey All,
Matthew writes:

Matthew 3:10-12 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Verse 10 is talking about a fruitless tree. It's only use is for firewood.
Verse 11 equates Jesus baptizing with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Verse 12 tells us the chaff (unbelievers) will burn, but the wheat (believers) will not.

Then we see this admonition from Jesus to the church of Layodicia in Revelation 3.

Revelation 3:17-18 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Gold also does not burn. But impurities the gold is contained in does burn.

In both passages the fire is a proving, or is it proofing, fire.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Try ex 36:25-27 new heart capable of love!

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Fire of divine love!
And the light of truth!

Thanks

GodsGrace

Let's hear.
But everlasting life means you were born and will then live forever.
Eternal life means that you always existed.

Same thing.

Agreed.

OK. Sounds good.
Our everlasting life is the quality of life that God gives us here in this life...
which is really heaven beginning right now.

Jesus is life.
Life stems from Him.

Secularly, I like to say that you get out of life what you put into it.
Like Karma, I guess.
The Holy Spirit helps us to put good things into life,
so that makes our quality of life better.
Worrying less, forgiving people - that would be a part of it.

Note:

Good !
Yes. Let Go. Let God.

Yes, your last sentence does happen.
Maybe it comes with time, maybe with age, but it does happen.
Some transform quickly,
some take time.
That's why it's a PERSONAL relationship.

Genesis 17

Really good post Corinth!!

Last edited:
Let's hear.
But everlasting life means you were born and will then live forever.
Eternal life means that you always existed.

Same thing.

Agreed.

OK. Sounds good.
Our everlasting life is the quality of life that God gives us here in this life...
which is really heaven beginning right now.

Jesus is life.
Life stems from Him.

Secularly, I like to say that you get out of life what you put into it.
Like Karma, I guess.
The Holy Spirit helps us to put good things into life,
so that makes our quality of life better.
Worrying less, forgiving people - that would be a part of it.

Good !

Yes. Let Go. Let God.

Yes, your last sentence does happen.
Maybe it comes with time, maybe with age, but it does happen.
Some transform quickly,
some take time.
That's why it's a PERSONAL relationship.

Really good post Corinth!!
Tks wondering, you are definitely one to learn from!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back