Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many verses are required to prove a false doctrine?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Obvious from the text Jesus meant above our Father in Heaven. Like,

Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.
Mt.23.10 NIV

He means above Christ , or apart from Him.
So when you call men father it’s ok when we do it’s absolutely forbidden?

Mine says salvation so it means salvation

??? You have the same immediate context that I do in your Bible. And, therefore, "salvation" is not eternal salvation of Paul's soul. To assert such a thing is to deny the entire context within which Paul wrote verse 19. Are you so prejudiced toward your false view of salvation that you would do such a thing? It seems so... But such prejudice - and the profound myopia toward the truth that it has produced in you - is making of you a false teacher. Beware!

??? You have the same immediate context that I do in your Bible. And, therefore, "salvation" is not eternal salvation of Paul's soul. To assert such a thing is to deny the entire context within which Paul wrote verse 19. Are you so prejudiced toward your false view of salvation that you would do such a thing? It seems so... But such prejudice - and the profound myopia toward the truth that it has produced in you - is making of you a false teacher. Beware!
You don’t believe we can pray and obtain the salvation of another?

You don’t believe we can pray and obtain the salvation of another?

No. Goodness, what a thought! Each of us must choose Christ for ourselves, freely, apart from any coercion, as love requires. How, then, can anyone pray another person into salvation, or by prayer obtain their salvation for them? Such an idea is nowhere taught in God's word - just like it nowhere teaches that we save ourselves.

Are you sure?

Philippians 1:19
For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Sound like faith alone to you?
if you’re talking about Saul of tarsus before his conversion, then his only faith would be in his brutal persecution of the early church in order to nip the Way cult in the bud, the verse you quote is irrelevant.

No. Goodness, what a thought! Each of us must choose Christ for ourselves, freely, apart from any coercion, as love requires. How, then, can anyone pray another person into salvation, or by prayer obtain their salvation for them? Such an idea is nowhere taught in God's word - just like it nowhere teaches that we save ourselves.
Ask and you shall receive!
Matt 7:7
James 5:20

A Christian should pray every day for the concert and salvation of sinners

Ask and you shall receive!
Matt 7:7
James 5:20

Under the caveats the Bible asserts:

Psalm 66:18
18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear;

1 Peter 3:12
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

John 15:7
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

1 John 5:14
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

James 4:3
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

And so on. There are certain stipulations, certain requirements to be met, before we can expect a positive response from God to our prayers.

Also, neither Matthew 7:7 nor James 5:20 say anything about praying a person into salvation. There is no such teaching in all of God's word.

A Christian should pray every day for the concert and salvation of sinners

Certainly, we can - and should - pray that God saves the lost, but if the person for whom we are praying has already died, there is no point to continuing to pray for their salvation. They are beyond redemption, as the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus clearly indicates (and many other verses do, too). For those for whom we pray who are yet alive, we cannot think to compel their salvation through our prayer. Such compulsion goes directly against the love-relationship God intends to have with His children (Matthew 22:36-38).

So when you call men father it’s ok when we do it’s absolutely forbidden?
I don't know why you're bothering with this. We all know we only really have One Father, Creator of all that exists.
Jesus said, "ye suffer him to do ought for his father" Mk.7:12 KJV....."Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day" Jn.8:56 NKJV
God said, "Honor your father and your mother" Exo.20:12 NKJV

Paul only told the church to follow him as he followed Christ and that's really the point of the gospel.

Under the caveats the Bible asserts:

Psalm 66:18
18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear;

1 Peter 3:12
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

John 15:7
7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

1 John 5:14
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

James 4:3
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

And so on. There are certain stipulations, certain requirements to be met, before we can expect a positive response from God to our prayers.

Also, neither Matthew 7:7 nor James 5:20 say anything about praying a person into salvation. There is no such teaching in all of God's word.
You forgot James 5:16

Certainly, we can - and should - pray that God saves the lost, but if the person for whom we are praying has already died, there is no point to continuing to pray for their salvation. They are beyond redemption, as the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus clearly indicates (and many other verses do, too). For those for whom we pray who are yet alive, we cannot think to compel their salvation through our prayer. Such compulsion goes directly against the love-relationship God intends to have with His children (Matthew 22:36-38).
Why not? I still pray for my benefactors like my grandparents
God is outside of time and can see my prayers and apply graces to them at the hour they died!

And to expiate their sins too

Lk 1:37

I don't know why you're bothering with this. We all know we only really have One Father, Creator of all that exists.
Jesus said, "ye suffer him to do ought for his father" Mk.7:12 KJV....."Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day" Jn.8:56 NKJV
God said, "Honor your father and your mother" Exo.20:12 NKJV

Paul only told the church to follow him as he followed Christ and that's really the point of the gospel.
Protestant double standard as usual

Jn 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Jesus does not rebuke her for calling men father!

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back