Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] How old is the Earth???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can't move on without Jesus.
I walk with him and talk with him all day long.
I don't know how to be a Christian any other way.
I'm not asking you to be a Christian without Jesus, please don't twist what I say to assert your religious arrogance.

And what denomination is the methodological naturalist church part of?
I would like to visit someday.
Where did I say I was a part of a methodological naturalist church? It is a methodology in science, that when I one is using the scientific method they are dealing only with natural causes and things that can be observed in the natural world.

Comment deleted Until you do address something with support for your position, then I am done speaking with you.

I'm not asking you to be a Christian without Jesus, please don't twist what I say to assert your religious arrogance.

Where did I say I was a part of a methodological naturalist church? It is a methodology in science, that when I one is using the scientific method they are dealing only with natural causes and things that can be observed in the natural world.

Alas, this is just another silly attempt to try and assert your own religious zealousness over me. You seem incapable of saying anything not worthy about the OP, which is considering the age of the earth. Until you do address something with support for your position, then I am done speaking with you.
LOL, how many times have you said that to me since we first met, yet you still talk to me.
I think you like me a little bit.

LOL, how many times have you said that to me since we first met, yet you still talk to me.
I think you like me a little bit.
It would be inappropriate to state my personal feelings about you, but I am talking about your contributions to this thread and only responding in the future to relevant material.

If you would like to talk about the age of the earth, then I will engage with that content.

This message serves as notification of such, this conversation is off topic.

The great white might be a relict of Carcharodon megalodon, a 100-foot shark that resembled a great white shark. It probably preyed on primitive whales. But then whales got faster and some of them got to be formidible predators themselves, and that likely led to the extinction of that shark. It's possible that it became smaller and evolved to other prey.

But that pretty much makes my point, doesn't it?

It would be inappropriate to state my personal feelings about you, but I am talking about your contributions to this thread and only responding in the future to relevant material.

If you would like to talk about the age of the earth, then I will engage with that content.

This message serves as notification of such, this conversation is off topic.
Okay, agreed.
But since I use the Bible for all my answers in life, I guess the Bible in this case is irrelevant.
Imagine, talking about Christianity and science and yet the Bible is irrelevant.
Something is wrong here.

Must be an interesting time for you when your toilet plugs up.

I will not insult you, that would be wrong.
See?
I am still learning and not proud.

In the case of a toilet plugging up, I would pray to God for guidance as to what I should do.
I believe he would give me an answer.

So far, I have yet to have anyone show me a species that lived longer than ten million years or so. Do you know of any?

None of the species in your video qualify.

Hi there,
If understand your point, please correct if I am misunderstanding something.
The coelacanths were thought to have gone extinct 65 million years ago, until a living specimen belonging to the order was discovered in 1938.
In 2008, a horseshoe crab fossil, the oldest in existence found so far, dated back to around 445 million years ago, according to a report by LiveScience. The tadpole shrimp, Triops cancriformis, is another contender for the title of oldest living animal species.

These two examples are in the video among others. These creatures are virtually unchanged for this entire duration of time.
We all have the same facts, it how one interprets the information that changes the story. We both are using presuppositions and bias to arrive at our position.
The facts are most easily understandable in a young world, Occam’s razor applies. Combining all the evidence for young world, the picture become very clear and quite liberating.

The truth shall set you free.

Nope, it is a fact that your video states horseshoe crabs have existed for 450 million years according to the fossil record.

You miss the point. Horseshoe crabs are found in the fossil record 450 million years ago (which was caused by in large by the Noachian Flood.) and they still alive today The crabs still exist today because they are not old. They (the fossils) are the same crabs we see today.

Its far more logical to assume based on the data, that the earth is young than to assume that “these” crabs “had what it took to survive millions upon millions of years” ( The many different kinds of living fossils on earth today are only the tip of the iceberg with regards to the young earth evidence.)

You see, we both make assumptions based upon our preconceived beliefs. You see old, I see young, neither can prove it. However, I feel with an honest evaluation of the evidence (all of it) its more than clear that a young earth is what we have. Evolutionist NEED millions of years for their paradigm to work, so the god of this world holds on to millions of years with every breath, for without it, the true God is revealed in all His glory.

Okay, agreed.
But since I use the Bible for all my answers in life, I guess the Bible in this case is irrelevant.
Imagine, talking about Christianity and science and yet the Bible is irrelevant.
Something is wrong here.
Please stop making things up. We are talking about what the Bible says and how it relates to science.

You miss the point. Horseshoe crabs are found in the fossil record 450 million years ago (which was caused by in large by the Noachian Flood.) and they still alive today The crabs still exist today because they are not old. They (the fossils) are the same crabs we see today.

Its far more logical to assume based on the data, that the earth is young than to assume that “these” crabs “had what it took to survive millions upon millions of years” ( The many different kinds of living fossils on earth today are only the tip of the iceberg with regards to the young earth evidence.)

You see, we both make assumptions based upon our preconceived beliefs. You see old, I see young, neither can prove it. However, I feel with an honest evaluation of the evidence (all of it) its more than clear that a young earth is what we have. Evolutionist NEED millions of years for their paradigm to work, so the god of this world holds on to millions of years with every breath, for without it, the true God is revealed in all His glory.

Evolutionary theory was not assumed based on preconceptions. It was arrived at to make sense of scientific observation, and is refined, revolutionized, and strengthened based on continued observation. Assumptions based on preconceptions is the realm of those clinging to a young earth creation model as a pseudo science sign to bolster theologically limited presuppositions of God's glory.

Doulos Iesou said:
j3ZideD.gif

I will not insult you, that would be wrong.
See?
I am still learning and not proud.

In the case of a toilet plugging up, I would pray to God for guidance as to what I should do.
I believe he would give me an answer.
Do you honestly pray when your toilet plugs up?

How did you learn to drive? Prayer?

The great white might be a relict of Carcharodon megalodon, a 100-foot shark that resembled a great white shark. It probably preyed on primitive whales. But then whales got faster and some of them got to be formidible predators themselves, and that likely led to the extinction of that shark. It's possible that it became smaller and evolved to other prey.

But that pretty much makes my point, doesn't it?

The Carcharodon Megalodon is simply an extinct shark. Simple. However, just as the Coelacanth was discovered in 1938, more “extinct” creatures could still be found today, never say never. Post flood, the globe was a radically different world on several levels. Many large species did not/could not survive in these new conditions.

These giants (Carcharodon Megalodon) were no doubt incredible to see and no doubt “man-eaters” just as the Great White Shark is today. Eating whales and such as you describe. There are some possible reasons for their extinction in relation to the flood. We have lost and continue to loose species everyday as this creation groans...

19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. Roman 8-19-22

Do you honestly pray when your toilet plugs up?

How did you learn to drive? Prayer?

Absolutely nothing wrong with praying prior to unplugging a plugged toilet or anything else that life throws us. I think its wonderful that someone would pray for direction for something so trivial. Good work!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV) Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

The Carcharodon Megalodon is simply an extinct shark.

Anatomically, just like a great white, but bigger. As primitive whales become faster and many of them more aggressive, it's most notable food source became harder to exploit. Which does lead to extinction. Not a man-eater, though. No humans at that time.

Simple. However, just as the Coelacanth was discovered in 1938, more “extinct” creatures could still be found today,

Actually, the genus and species of coelacanth alive today are unknown in the fossil record. But there are some smaller genera that could have evolved to the modern species.

Many large species did not/could not survive in these new conditions.

Yep. But not what you thought.

I would be interested in your evidence for any modern species of horseshoe crab existing 450 million years ago. No one seems to have ever found such a thing. There were ferns 450 million years ago, too. But not any modern species of fern.

If your point is that living things change over time, and some major groups change less than others, then the horseshoe crab is a good example. The notion that living things don't change over time, is refuted by they example of horseshoe crabs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back