Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] How old is the Earth???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The behemoth could not be a dinosaur, since dinosaurs being reptiles, do not have external genetalia.

What does this have to do with anything? Sorry, perhaps I am missing something. Which is entirely possible. :) Job 40 15-24 clearly is describing an incredible creature, unlike any alive today.

I started looking up on google how old the earth is.
Every site I pulled up spoke as an authority and they all came up with a different age.
Let's face it, nobody knows and yet so many think they know.
Nobody impresses me about this.
Dinosaurs?
They've been debated as much as OSAS on this forum and there is no common ground on the issue.
So just what is every one trying to say?

It started with this Rollo...

Many people believe that the Earth is millions of years old. Scientists have been telling us about dinosaurs millions of years ago. How many here really beileve that the world is millions of years old? According to the Bible, the Earth is only about only 6000 years old, where in Genesis 1 God created the Earth Moons and stars. Evolutionists try to get you to believe that the Earth is millions of years old to sell you on evolution. In the book of Job there were Behemoths that roamed the Earth. And of course there were different sizes of Behemoths just like there are different sizes of dogs, cats etc etc. So what Im saying is that God created these "Dinosaurs" when he created all of the other animals. There were never meat eating dinosaurs such as Tyranasaurus Rex, etc. Behemoths were grass, veggie eating big animals. Sorry not a point to this but I just wanted to state my opinion on this matter. God Bless

tob

What does this have to do with anything? Sorry, perhaps I am missing something. Which is entirely possible. :) Job 40 15-24 clearly is describing an incredible creature, unlike any alive today.
It has to do with what I stated: "tail" is a euphemism for something else. That is why I pointed you to that post of Barbarian's. Put two and two together, or do some study on it.

It started with this Rollo...

Many people believe that the Earth is millions of years old. Scientists have been telling us about dinosaurs millions of years ago. How many here really beileve that the world is millions of years old? According to the Bible, the Earth is only about only 6000 years old, where in Genesis 1 God created the Earth Moons and stars. Evolutionists try to get you to believe that the Earth is millions of years old to sell you on evolution. In the book of Job there were Behemoths that roamed the Earth. And of course there were different sizes of Behemoths just like there are different sizes of dogs, cats etc etc. So what Im saying is that God created these "Dinosaurs" when he created all of the other animals. There were never meat eating dinosaurs such as Tyranasaurus Rex, etc. Behemoths were grass, veggie eating big animals. Sorry not a point to this but I just wanted to state my opinion on this matter. God Bless

tob
You are reading way too much into the biblical texts instead of letting the texts speak. The Bible gives no indication as to the age of the Earth and it says nothing about "Behemoths" of "different sizes".

I started looking up on google how old the earth is.
Every site I pulled up spoke as an authority and they all came up with a different age.
Let's face it, nobody knows and yet so many think they know.
Nobody impresses me about this.
Dinosaurs?
They've been debated as much as OSAS on this forum and there is no common ground on the issue.
So just what is every one trying to say?
The Earth is old. We must recognize that the Bible gives no indication as to its age. And I've never seen dinosaurs debated in these forums, much less any disagreement. Dinosaurs most certainly existed, some most certainly ate meat, and they died a long time ago.

The non-existence of dinosaurs today is a problem for YECs. That and the fact that they're not mentioned in the Bible.

The Earth is old. We must recognize that the Bible gives no indication as to its age. And I've never seen dinosaurs debated in these forums, much less any disagreement. Dinosaurs most certainly existed, some most certainly ate meat, and they died a long time ago.

The non-existence of dinosaurs today is a problem for YECs. That and the fact that they're not mentioned in the Bible.

Can you tell us, can anyone tell us what things were like before sin entered and corrupted Gods creation?

tob

You are reading way too much into the biblical texts instead of letting the texts speak. The Bible gives no indication as to the age of the Earth and it says nothing about "Behemoths" of "different sizes".

Not reading anything into Gods word that isn't there Free.. Btw, that was Donovbs post

tob

The EARTH is young. The Bible gives lots of evidence for its age. You cannot find millions of years in its texts. 10,000 at tops. All the evidence shows young earth. You need you watch those videos I posted above my friend. "Dino's" most certainly lived with man. The evidence is overwhelming. You can't not see it. "Dinos" and the bible must be rectified, and they are-perfectly. They are mentioned in Bible, found in anthropology, archeology, geology and others. There are many living dinosaurs today in the form of what we call, living fossils ( see my video above) everything you said is worng. Sorry. Not not fighing here, just healthly debate on serious issues.

What are living fossils? ( Check your assumptions. )
The truth is our quest.

Last edited:
The EARTH is young. The Bible gives lots of evidence for its age. You cannot find millions of years in its texts. 10,000 at tops. All the evidence shows young earth. You need you watch those videos I posted above my friend. "Dino's" most certainly lived with man. The evidence is overwhelming. You can't not see it. "Dinos" and the bible must be rectified, and they are-perfectly. They are mentioned in Bible, found in anthropology, archeology, geology and others. There are many living dinosaurs today in the form of what we call, living fossils ( see my video above) everything you said is worng. Sorry. Not not fighing here, just healthly debate on serious issues.

The Bible gives absolutely no evidence as toward the physical age of the earth. But by the Word of God, the heavens and the earth is actually only approximately 2000 years old. You see, the bible text only tells you when God declares something to be. So by His word at the death and resurrection of Christ the heavens and the earth passed away, and by His word, He created the heavens and earth new. But the physical earth has always remained.

So far, I have yet to have anyone show me a species that lived longer than ten million years or so. Do you know of any?

None of the species in your video qualify.

So far, I have yet to have anyone show me a species that lived longer than ten million years or so. Do you know of any?

None of the species in your video qualify.

And you'll not find anyone to show you because there wasn't any 10 million years..

tob

The EARTH is young. The Bible gives lots of evidence for its age. You cannot find millions of years in its texts. 10,000 at tops.
The Bible gives no evidence for the age of the Earth. We don't find millions of years just as we don't find 2000, 6000, or 10,000 years.

All the evidence shows young earth. You need you watch those videos I posted above my friend. "Dino's" most certainly lived with man. The evidence is overwhelming. You can't not see it. "Dinos" and the bible must be rectified, and they are-perfectly.
I don't trust any videos found on the internet. I would rather read books where things can be cited and verified.

They are mentioned in Bible,
Not once and no support for such an assertion has been given this far. All that has happened is people are reading their prior assumptions into the biblical texts. which is not how to go about getting to the truth of Scripture.

found in anthropology, archeology, geology and others.
Of course they are; this proves their existence and those same fields of study tell us they were around a long time ago.

The truth is our quest.

You do realize that your living fossils video presents a view of the earth being at least 450 millions of years old, right?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back