Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] How well do you actually know The Theory of Evolution?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Because there's nothing in the fossil record that supports the theory of evolution.

A kingdom divided cannot stand.
You keep proclaiming the same assertion, yet you haven't provided any evidence, nor have you substantiated that you are qualified for making such statements about the fossil record.

Are you an accomplished Paleontologist who can confidently contradict the findings of all modern Paleontologists? If so, go out and disprove them. If not, why are you making such an assertion?

Because there's nothing in the fossil record that supports the theory of evolution.

A kingdom divided cannot stand.

Maybe instead of hiding behind fossil records and meaningless statements or what ever else you use to defer from answering serious question, maybe you could intrigue us all by commenting on the creation account of Adam and Eve found in Genesis chapter 2.

Maybe instead of hiding behind fossil records and meaningless statements or what ever else you use to defer from answering serious question, maybe you could intrigue us all by commenting on the creation account of Adam and Eve found in Genesis chapter 2.

Exposing them is not hiding behind them. If the fossil record can't support the theory, where's the evidence for it's support?

Perhaps you could explain the chicken egg? Give it a shot.

Now if God could take from man to create the woman, then who is to say that God in all his creative genius could not have done the same with the animal kingdom,

You're making assumptions and twisting the scriptures to fit your scenario.

That's because it's true.

You never gave me your take on the chicken egg. How could something like that evolve without the species going extinct?

Stating something over and over again without any kind of support doesn't make it true.

And this video has been refuted on multiple occasions.

Barbarian first pointed this out to you.
Your egg video is embarrassingly wrong. It boils down to: "Wow, it's so complicated, God couldn't be smart enough to create a world that would let an egg evolve."

Except that there's this. The amniote egg (found in reptiles and their descendants like birds and mammals) evolved from the simpler amphibian egg, but with some modifications of the earlier egg to survive being on land.

Here's where you can learn a bit about why God is a lot smarter than your egg man thinks He is.

You responded, but then he refuted your response.
Since the amniotic egg evolved during a warm and wet period on the Earth, and first in wet environments, the transition from losing the thick jelly coat of amphibian eggs, and the elaboration of the amnion didn't need to happen at once; it merely increased the likelihood of survival. Some amphibians lay eggs on land; certain frogs do this, with the young bypassing tadpole stage, and emerging as small frogs. If conditions aren't very dry, it works.

The evidence and histological data indicates amphibians laying eggs on land, with the amnion evolving as a way of improving survival. All of this, I'm sure would be news to the fellow in your video. It's a hazard of talking about things one does not understand.
You offered no response to the substance of his material.

I did comment on this matter, but after I saw Barbarian's response I didn't delve deeper. He is more knowledgeable than I am, and his response went unrefuted, as did mine.
As usual, I don't have the time right now to watch the video as I am not at home presently, but I do have the time to comment shortly about eggs and evolution.

Just about any animal you can think of has eggs, some lay them such as birds and reptiles, etc. While others such as placental mammals such as ourselves have them within our bodies in is a "void of yolk." That nearly every sexually reproducing organism on the planet does so by some form of egg is strong evolution of common descent.

You're making assumptions and twisting the scriptures to fit your scenario.

I have not twisted the scripture one iota. Did not God take from the man Adam a rib to create the woman Eve? I only ask the question, if God could do that with man, who is to say that God couldn't have done that within the animal kingdom?

But assumptions? Come on. When it comes to assumptions on this subject you speak of thyself.

Last edited:
And this video has been refuted on multiple occasions.

Barbarian first pointed this out to you.

No it hasn't. No one has explained how the egg evolved without the species dying off. The air holes, the film covering the inside of the shell, the air pocket, etc. It all needed to be in place in order for the egg to hatch. From the very first egg, it had to have all of it's attributes, otherwise it was worthless.

No it hasn't. No one has explained how the egg evolved without the species dying off. The air holes, the film covering the inside of the shell, the air pocket, etc. It all needed to be in place in order for the egg to hatch. From the very first egg, it had to have all of it's attributes, otherwise it was worthless.
Okay... you're going to keep saying it hasn't, meanwhile you never addressed the substance of Barbarian's post which contradicts your assertion.

We're done here.

I have not twisted the scripture one iota. Did not God take from the man Adam a rib to create the woman Eve? I only ask the question, if God could do that with man, who is to say that God couldn't have done that within the animal kingdom?

But assumptions? Come on. When it comes to assumptions on this subject you speak of thyself.

Nobody is saying He couldn't have, but you can't just assume He did.

Nobody is saying He couldn't have, but you can't just assume He did.

But it has been you all along who has made the assumption that God didn't, and yet now you have admitted that nobody said he couldn't have. So the possibility exists then that what science calls evolution may ultimately be explained as the creation process of God taking from one creation to form another as he did with Adam and Eve.

But it has been you all along who has made the assumption that God didn't, and yet now you have admitted that nobody said he couldn't have. So the possibility exists then that what science calls evolution may ultimately be explained as the creation process of God taking from one creation to form another as he did with Adam and Eve.

Study the fossil record.

So then, you are unable to explain how the egg evolved. That's fine.
Where did I say I was unable to explain it. It has been explained by another poster, I agree with his response and you had nothing of substance to offer as a rebuttal.

You can play the game of claiming victory, where there is none to claim, but I am not going to discuss that matter further.

In honor of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and in anticipation of the release of the final Hobbit movie, I award you the cave Troll award for this tread.

Thank you. I'm honored. :salute

One question: Is evolution an ongoing process? In that I mean, is everything still in the process of evolving, or is it finished?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back