Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] How well do you actually know The Theory of Evolution?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How do you arrive at that conclusion? You made an assertion, I pointed out that the linked video did not support that assertion and so far you have failed to show that it does.

You can remain in the thread and badger me over semantics or you can simply walk away. Your choice.

Would be nice if everyone would take a deep breathe and calm down a tad before unwanted opinions of members are posted.
All is ok so far but I'm just pointing out things could get sticky.

You can remain in the thread and badger me over semantics or you can simply walk away. Your choice.
Or, alternatively, you could acknowledge that your assertion is unsupported by the video you linked to. Even if you wish to argue now that when you referred to 'evolution' you meant 'human evolution', the video does not support the claim about 'vocal' scientists increasingly stating that the evidence supporting it is 'nonexistent'.

Or, alternatively, you could acknowledge that your assertion is unsupported by the video you linked to. Even if you wish to argue now that when you referred to 'evolution' you meant 'human evolution', the video does not support the claim about 'vocal' scientists increasingly stating that the evidence supporting it is 'nonexistent'.

I could.....but then that would be a lie.

Question.
Assuming that God is, indeed, in all of this, how does any part of his creation and the mechanisms by which he brought it about not glorify him? How is the complex diversity of life from simple origins that we see less of a wonder than an ad hoc creation of individual species ex nihilo?

Assuming that God is, indeed, in all of this, how does any part of his creation and the mechanisms by which he brought it about not glorify him? How is the complex diversity of life from simple origins that we see less of a wonder than an ad hoc creation of individual species ex nihilo?

How does the theory of evolution bring glory to God?

How does the theory of evolution bring glory to God?
It was evolution I was referring to, not the theory itself, although as both are a possible consequence (immediate or subsequent) of his hypothetical creative act, how could they not be?

Last edited:
It was evolution I was referring to, not the theory itself, although as both a possible consequence (immediate or subsequent) of his hypothetical creative act, how could they not be?

I just noticed you are a nonbeliever. I'm sorry to hear that. I withdraw my question.

I just noticed you are a nonbeliever. I'm sorry to hear that. I withdraw my question.
Whether a believer or not, it is still possible to answer the question from an assumed existence of a creative deity. After all, there are many scientists who are Christians who have no trouble at all viewing evolution as an instrument of God's creative genius. Francis Collins and Keith Miller are perhaps two of the most well-known examples who come to mind, but there are several others.

Whether a believer or not, it is still possible to answer the question from an assumed existence of a creative deity. After all, there are many scientists who are Christians who have no trouble at all viewing evolution as an instrument of God's creative genius. Francis Collins and Keith Miller are perhaps two of the most well-known examples who come to mind, but there are several others.

Doesn't make it right.

There's nothing in the bible that supports the theory of evolution.

I have a question.

Has fossil evidence ever been altered or misrepresented in order to tip the scales in favor of the evolutionist?

Doesn't make it right.
And neither does it make it wrong.
There's nothing in the bible that supports the theory of evolution.
Well, insofar as there's nothing in the Bible that supports a variety of otter naturalstic explanations for a range of other pehenomena, I'm not sure that this is a substantive argument against the theory.
I have a question.

Has fossil evidence ever been altered or misrepresented in order to tip the scales in favor of the evolutionist?
Whether it has or not, this disproves neither evolution nor evolutionary theory, any more than does the alteration or misrepresentation of contrary evidence by YE creationists in order to tip the scales in favour of YE creationism in and of itself invalidate creationism.

And neither does it make it wrong.

Actually it does, but that's neither here nor there. You wouldn't understand.

Whether it has or not, this disproves neither evolution nor evolutionary theory, any more than does the alteration or misrepresentation of contrary evidence by YE creationists in order to tip the scales in favour of YE creationism in and of itself invalidate creationism.

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

Evolution ... It's not "an instrument of God's creative genius". The bible says God created man, not God created man with the help of...

It says:

John 1
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And

Hebrews 13
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

There's nothing in the fossil record that would suggest all life evolved from a single cell.

Edited for content.
Admin

2- Respect each other's opinions. Address issues, not persons, personalities or groups.

Groups are to include evolutionists, creationists, old earthers etc. and will be under the same rules governing behavior between members. Insults, belittlement, degradation or other derogatory language conveyed in any fashion toward these groups is disallowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys even realize that you're standing on Christian principles to defend evolution? I realized that and found it incredibly :rofl2

Evolution ... It's not "an instrument of God's creative genius". The bible says God created man, not God created man with the help of...

How do you know that evolution is not an instrument of God's creative genius? Have you not ever read Genesis chapter 2, how that after the Lord had formed Adam from the dust of the ground and had breathed into him the breath of life, that it was some time later that came the woman Eve. And how does that story go? God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he took from the man a rib and formed the woman Eve. Now if God could take from man to create the woman, then who is to say that God in all his creative genius could not have done the same with the animal kingdom, taking from one for form another? Your example of what scientists presume to call evolution is right there in the creation story of Adam and Eve? You have only but to look.

Job 38:2-6
Who is this that darkeneth counsel
by words without knowledge?
Gird up now thy loins like a man;
for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?
declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest?
or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened?
or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back