Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How's your weather today, where you live?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know, it sounds a bit too warm. A pool would be nice though.

But I heard they are struggling with bush fires now, due to heat and dryness. I hope Nick will be alright.

Claudya:

Well, there is a lot of Australia to contain all the bush fires; it's a continent in itself. (I think there's a German bit called the Barossa Valley in South Australia...)

Yes, well, I think I suggested to Nick that his grandparents who have the pool he mentioned should keep spare swimming shorts and bikinis for the folk from here that might want to visit...

WIP, -30? Really? Thats.....a lot.....in celcius. In other news, parts of Australia got up to 130 F the other week. Broke a few records, I believe. In Sydney we were only sitting at around 116. And yes, we did enjoy my grandparents' pool :).

Claudya: I've ran in snow before. I assume you mean deep snow (the kind that you don't ski over). It's pretty tough, but a good workout. Kind of like running in deep sand - that's something we have a lot down here.

Barossa Valley - yes, it's in South Australia and is a major wine producing region, and yes, it has a large population of Luthern Germans. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barossa_Valley

Weather's pretty tropical here now - quite humid. :gah

-21F (-29C) this morning with -32F (-36C) windchill. Expecting a high today of -2F (-19C) with windchills remaining where they are now. It is sunny though, which is typical with these arctic blasts. If it was cloudy it would probably be a little warmer.

Edit:
I was just standing here looking out our picture window and enjoying the warmth from the sun and noticed our dog lying out on the yard seemingly without a care in the world. Our window faces south overlooking our horse pasture and they too were just standing there taking in the morning sun.

I know if I stripped down to what God ordained me with and laid down on the snow next to our dog or stood along side one of our horses, within an hour I would no longer feel the cold as I would be frozen solid within the next few hours and remain that way until spring thaw sometime in March or April. I wonder why God didn't equip us with the fur he gave them.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP, -30? Really? Thats.....a lot.....in celcius. In other news, parts of Australia got up to 130 F the other week. Broke a few records, I believe. In Sydney we were only sitting at around 116. And yes, we did enjoy my grandparents' pool :).

Claudya: I've ran in snow before. I assume you mean deep snow (the kind that you don't ski over). It's pretty tough, but a good workout. Kind of like running in deep sand - that's something we have a lot down here.

Barossa Valley - yes, it's in South Australia and is a major wine producing region, and yes, it has a large population of Luthern Germans. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barossa_Valley

Weather's pretty tropical here now - quite humid. :gah

Nick:

Like I said, make sure your grandparents keep spare pairs of swimming shorts and bikinis for those of us on the forums that want to come and jump in their pool. (It's minus 13 C here...)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back