Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How's your weather today, where you live?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/weather/malloy-to-declare-state-of-emergency

HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH/AP) -- Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has declared a state of emergency and deployed National Guard troops around the state to help with any rescues and other emergencies during a potentially historic winter storm.

Malloy also warned motorists early Friday afternoon that state highways could be subject to closure at any time and urged residents to stay home and off the roads.

The governor says Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating are now projecting that 30 percent of utility customers in the state could lose power during the storm. The utilities have all of their crews on standby and have called in out-of-state workers.

"People need to take this storm seriously. If current predictions are accurate, we will need people to stay off the roads so that emergency personnel and utility crews can get to the places they need to get to, and to make sure that our plows can keep critical roadways clear," Governor Malloy said. "Please stay home once the weather gets bad except in the case of real emergency."

Hmm...you guys got a real dumping... :chin

Hmm...you guys got a real dumping... :chin

It's been building slowly throughout the day, and is really supposed to hit us tonight. It always seems to be about 2:00 in the morning, pitch dark and freezing, when I have to crank up the power generator. Good times!

It's been building slowly throughout the day, and is really supposed to hit us tonight. It always seems to be about 2:00 in the morning, pitch dark and freezing, when I have to crank up the power generator. Good times!

Up here it's been snowing all day, too; glad I've been able to do some work at home.

Up here it's been snowing all day, too; glad I've been able to do some work at home.

Same here. I closed the shop down for the day, and did some work on the house. We're preparing it for sale, planning to move to where we'll have even more snow and winter weather, Rochester New York. Oh goody!

Same here. I closed the shop down for the day, and did some work on the house. We're preparing it for sale, planning to move to where we'll have even more snow and winter weather, Rochester New York. Oh goody!

Well, you'll have the lake effect as well, at Rochester...

So an atheist friend of mine's birthday is today, and she's been wishing for snow for her birthday. We're getting plenty of snow today. Someone must have decided to make her birthday wish come true. And she posted on facebook how she's thanking "the weather gods". :wall

Beautiful New England winter morning here. Everything covered with 3 feet of snow, including our road, which hasn't been plowed at all. It will take most of the day for the town to reach these secondary roads. Thank God for hot coffee, and my snowblower that chugs right through this stuff to clear the driveway.

We'll just have a restful day at home, keeping a warm fire going in the stove, and playing in the snow with our dog.

Beautiful New England winter morning here. Everything covered with 3 feet of snow, including our road, which hasn't been plowed at all. It will take most of the day for the town to reach these secondary roads. Thank God for hot coffee, and my snowblower that chugs right through this stuff to clear the driveway.

We'll just have a restful day at home, keeping a warm fire going in the stove, and playing in the snow with our dog.
Or, if you had enough gas to run the snow blower all the way to the nearest major thoroughfare -- which also probably will not be sufficiently plowed. :biggrin Or maybe should you just plan on spending a pleasant weekend stranded at home.

Sounds like you won't be stranded too long, mark. Forecast is for temps in the 40's and sun. Should melt it rather quick. Unfortunately, that also means a potential for flooding. Stay dry.

Great male bonding time. We've all been out with our snowblowers, shovels, and pickup trucks with plows, digging out our neighbors and clearing the roads in the neighborhood. Lots of beer and good humor makes for a great day.

Just spoke with my daughter in NH. She still has power, as Mark does, so many don't. She has a friend on Plum Island she'll be calling. Early this morning they had winds on the island of 75 mph. She's just 2 miles inland but her winds aren't too bad. Still snowing....

Just spoke with my daughter in NH. She still has power, as Mark does, so many don't. She has a friend on Plum Island she'll be calling. Early this morning they had winds on the island of 75 mph. She's just 2 miles inland but her winds aren't too bad. Still snowing....

Deborah: Hope it stops soon for them! NH gets a lot of dumpings; last year I was in Vermont in April and there was snow still to be seen.

Good to hear your daughter is safe and still has power. She lives in a beautiful state. My son loves New Hampshire, and loves skiing. He went to a boarding school there for high school, near Cannon Mountain.

Is it true that a single snowflake cannot be duplicated in its design? Be safe out there dudes and dudetts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back