Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Husbands Are Not To Worship Their Wives.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Basically all of it. There is no sound basis, Biblical or otherwise, for your provocative statements.

1.) Their appearances. -- false
2.) Their compulsive multitasking. -- false
3.) Their demanding personalities.-- false
4.) Their false intuitive insights.-- false
5.) Their victim mentality when they choose to claim it.-- false
6.) Their hypersensitivity to trivia.-- false
7.) Their hormones.-- false
8.) Their "fresh ideas!"-- false
9.) Their herd mentality with other women.-- false
10.) Their lust to be treated as "special!"-- false

Men are also concerned with their appearances, compulsively multitask, have demanding personalities, have false intuitive insights, have a victim mentality when they choose to claim it, are hypersensitive to trivia, have hormones (obviously), have fresh and stale ideas (including your sexism!), have a herd mentality with other men, and have a lust to be treated as "special!"

1) Men are vain about their appearance -- just look at GQ and other men's fashion magazines
2) Men pride themselves on multitasking
3) Men are the most demanding gender by far
4) Men have false intuitive insights. Betting pools anyone?
5) Men victim mentality when they choose to claim it. Your post is a perfect example.
6) Men have hypersensitivity to trivia. How many touchdown passes were thrown by Joe Montana?
7) Men are guided by their lust (hormones)
8) Men have "fresh ideas", such as electing a narcissistic President.
9) Men have their herd mentality with other men. "I'm a Bucs fan; you're not??"
10) Men have an insatiable lust to be treated as "special!". That is the main problem!

Your fallacious post is a prime example of the above, especially #10.
If you're serious, I feel very sorry for you. If you're joking, it was fun.
I am startled. First it is stated in your response women do none of the 10 things, then you compare them to men who "also" do those things.

Perhaps it should be revealed that a feature of axiomatic Truth, as contained in Scripture for example, is how every response to that Truth, whether the response is negative or positive, will invariably demonstrate that Truth. Is this not good news for the Truth?

Ask me if I have closely worked with many hundreds of women for decades.

Thanks so much, Blessings.

I am startled. First it is stated in your response women do none of the 10 things, then you compare them to men who "also" do those things.

Perhaps it should be revealed that a feature of axiomatic Truth, as contained in Scripture for example, is how every response to that Truth, whether the response is negative or positive, will invariably demonstrate that Truth. Is this not good news for the Truth?

Ask me if I have closely worked with many hundreds of women for decades.

Thanks so much, Blessings.

It's not important that you have "worked with many hundreds of women for decades", since your opinion of them is obviously false and provocative. Judging by your list you certainly haven't formed a valid opinion. Lumping all women into your assessment of their gender is nonsense.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 Of course this applies only to those "in Christ Jesus" but the principle is valid.

It's irrelevant that you have closely worked with many hundreds of women for decades. So have I. The difference is that I have learned a lot from my wife of 51 years as well as the many hundreds of women that I have worked with. I have listened to them fully and carefully and have adjusted my thinking to understand their points of view. Above all, I have learned to respect them as co-equal partners in this life.

My prayer is that God will "open your eyes" to see how women are fully equal to men and deserve all the love and respect that we can give them.

It's not important that you have "worked with many hundreds of women for decades", since your opinion of them is obviously false and provocative. Judging by your list you certainly haven't formed a valid opinion. Lumping all women into your assessment of their gender is nonsense.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28 Of course this applies only to those "in Christ Jesus" but the principle is valid.

It's irrelevant that you have closely worked with many hundreds of women for decades. So have I. The difference is that I have learned a lot from my wife of 51 years as well as the many hundreds of women that I have worked with. I have listened to them fully and carefully and have adjusted my thinking to understand their points of view. Above all, I have learned to respect them as co-equal partners in this life.

My prayer is that God will "open your eyes" to see how women are fully equal to men and deserve all the love and respect that we can give them.
So sorry I have caused you to come to such a statement about what I said. I did not mean to say all women are like that .

All women have a tendency to behave like that, and it is only the redeeming transformation of Christ which can give them Hope, Cleansing, Newness of Life, and Honor within the Church. If we see Christian women who do thise things, then we know how to forgive them and pray for them.

I hope this helps. Regards

So sorry I have caused you to come to such a statement about what I said. I did not mean to say all women are like that .

All women have a tendency to behave like that, and it is only the redeeming transformation of Christ which can give them Hope, Cleansing, Newness of Life, and Honor within the Church. If we see Christian women who do thise things, then we know how to forgive them and pray for them.

I hope this helps. Regards

"All women have a tendency to behave like that..." Why do you lump "all women" under one prejudice??

"All women have a tendency to behave like that..." Why do you lump "all women" under one prejudice??
What does Proverbs say about women? Not much. But the Proverbs 31 woman is held up as a detailed ideal, intended for detailed correction.

God in His Mercy showed Jesus changing women without saying a whole lot to them.

Blessings.

What does Proverbs say about women? Not much. But the Proverbs 31 woman is held up as a detailed ideal, intended for detailed correction.

God in His Mercy showed Jesus changing women without saying a whole lot to them.

Blessings.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Again, you wrote "All women have a tendency to behave like that..."

Why do you lump "all women" under one prejudice?? You have classified one gender as behaving in a certain way.

How about making the point that all men being homosexual rapists? After all, Genesis 19:4 says "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

Here is an explanation of your understanding of the Bible: eisegesis: an interpretation, especially of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Again, you wrote "All women have a tendency to behave like that..."

Why do you lump "all women" under one prejudice?? You have classified one gender as behaving in a certain way.

How about making the point that all men being homosexual rapists? After all, Genesis 19:4 says "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

Here is an explanation of your understanding of the Bible: eisegesis: an interpretation, especially of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text.
You correctly identified that unregenerate men are all in some manner sexual sinners. I was in the Navy.

The point is correct about all women having to struggle with the same self centered nature as Eve in the Garden. Perfect Eve, with a perfect husband, perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect security, fearless, wholly confident in her position as a woman, still had to "have more." That is what constantly tempts all women. That is why they must "Just Have Things Be Nice!"

In the Early Church, women were assaulted, tortured, killed for Jesus. "Nice" meant nothing.

You correctly identified that unregenerate men are all in some manner sexual sinners. I was in the Navy.

The point is correct about all women having to struggle with the same self centered nature as Eve in the Garden. Perfect Eve, with a perfect husband, perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect security, fearless, wholly confident in her position as a woman, still had to "have more." That is what constantly tempts all women. That is why they must "Just Have Things Be Nice!"

In the Early Church, women were assaulted, tortured, killed for Jesus. "Nice" meant nothing.

Why do you generalize "all women"? Each woman is an individual. Saying that all women have to struggle with the same self centered nature as Eve in the Garden is nonsense.

Suppose I said that all men are vain brutes?

Genesis 3:6b, "She also gave some of it to her husband who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them opened, and they knew they were naked". (This happened only after Adam ate the fruit!) If Adam had any sense he could have refused the tidbit. Don't forget that Adam is blamed for bringing sin into our lives, not Eve.
The point is correct about all men having to struggle with the same self-centered nature as Adam in the Garden.

Romans 5:12-17, "So then, just as sin entered the world through one man and death through sin, and so death spread to all people because all sinned— for before the law was given, sin was in the world, but there is no accounting for sin when there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam until Moses even over those who did not sin in the same way that Adam (who is a type of the coming one) transgressed. But the gracious gift is not like the transgression. For if the many died through the transgression of the one man, how much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one man Jesus Christ multiply to the many! And the gift is not like the one who sinned. For judgment, resulting from the one transgression, led to condemnation, but the gracious gift from the many failures led to justification. For if, by the transgression of the one man, death reigned through the one, how much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ!"

Unless you're trying to be funny -- it's not funny! -- stop demonizing women. The Bible is crystal clear that it was a man who brought sin into the world, affecting all people for all time.

Last edited:
It was a miracle when priest helped me , my broken marriage

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree that the Bible is patriarchal. I wish it wasn’t. As a woman and a mother of two daughters I could never condone being treated as less than a man or being put in my “place.” I am equal to males and I wouldn’t want my daughters to feel less than because they are female. I would never be submissive to a man...and that is why I fail at Christianity.
Would you be submissive to Jesus? If not, you certainly would fail at following Him. Submitting to Jesus is required.

Another thought, do you submit to women because they are female?

Back