Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

hypostatic union

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you have any scriptural support for what you are aserting?
You've been given John 1:1, 14. There is also this later in John.
John 8i NASB
58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
No human could make this statement. It is the Spirit of God speaking through Jesus the Man's human spirit that allows Him to say this. Perhaps the definitive proof is that Jesus is acknowledged as sinless.
2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
No man has "known no sin" yet Jesus, being made in the likeness of men, cannot be said to lack a human spirit. Therefore, He has without doubt both the nature of man and the nature of God within Him. If He did not have the nature and spirit of a man within Him, His sacrifice was useless, because He has no part with man in being able to take man's sin upon Himself, and to impute the righteousness of God to men who believe.

There is no definitive verse that says, "Jesus had both the nature of man and of God" within Him, but the Scriptures as a whole prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that He did, and does.

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt Jesus is divine and no doubt Jesus is human. You still fail to demostrate that being divine and being human is having two natures.

What biblical evidence is on the natures of god being different of the nature of men?

Well I think it's your turn to give your biblical evidence. Scripture and definitions of words you are using.

You have had plenty of info, Scripture and with post #81, that should be sufficient to uphold the Christian claim of two natures in the GOD-man, Jesus.

So seeing this is a classroom, I am giving you an assignment as the student you claim to be. Write a thesis for your claims, your claims, and the references to substantiate your claims. Such as.... Scripture, articles, commentaries, definitions of words in the GK and Heb., etc.

Or are you just here to get attention for yourself rather than to glorify God?

What biblical evidence is on the natures of god being different of the nature of men?

Well I think it's your turn to give your biblical evidence. Scripture and definitions of words you are using.

You have had plenty of info, Scripture and with post #81, that should be sufficient to uphold the Christian claim of two natures in the GOD-man, Jesus.

So seeing this is a classroom, I am giving you an assignment as the student you claim to be. Write a thesis for your claims, your claims, and the references to substantiate your claims. Such as.... Scripture, articles, commentaries, definitions of words in the GK and Heb., etc.

Or are you just here to get attention for yourself rather than to glorify God?

I dont have any claim. My asignement will say that no one of the provided scritpures mention two natures. What the say is that Jesus is both: God and human. But nowhere we read that those are two different natures.

As I say before: the only defense of the HU along the centuries was declaring others wrong. But that is not my case. I dont have a position yet. I only demand my teacher provide scriptural basis on what is teaching me: the two different natures of Jesus.

No doubt Jesus is divine and no doubt Jesus is human. You still fail to demostrate that being divine and being human is having two natures.
I believe you would have to be blind not to see that Jesus, indeed, has two natures. You can rail against the "lack of proof" all you want, it won't change the fact that the whole Bible is the truth you claim you can't see, whether for argument's sake or just not believing, I cannot tell.

I believe you would have to be blind not to see that Jesus, indeed, has two natures. You can rail against the "lack of proof" all you want, it won't change the fact that the whole Bible is the truth you claim you can't see, whether for argument's sake or just not believing, I cannot tell.

Sorry but you have totaly failed to quote a single text in "the whole Bible" saying that Jesus "has two natures".
That is the fact. After 15 centuries of teaching in all denominations, nobody has found a single verse to support the doctrine.
God bless you.

Do you believe there is a difference between divinity and humanity? If so, then please describe it.

Do you believe there is a difference between divinity and humanity? If so, then please describe it.

Comment edited out.
According the Paul (Philoipians) the different between divinity and humanity is different in form. Christ being in form of God changed/became into the form of man.

The HU survives in bas of two fundaments from the very statement. It survive in base of imposition, prohibitions and acusations. And it survive in demostrating that others are wrong. Nobody in the las 15 centuries have provided a single text supporting the HU.

This is my proposal: I am a young christian that is attending christian school. You have to teach me the Hypostatic Union. Me, as a student dont need to demostrate a thing. Is you the teachers who have to show me the scriptural base for the HU. Go ahead.

This is my proposal: I am a young christian that is attending christian school

You are attending a Christian school, I suggest you ask your professors to explain it to you. It is hard to explain things in writing sometimes and have all who are reading it understand what the intent is.

This is my proposal: I am a young christian that is attending christian school

You are attending a Christian school, I suggest you ask your professors to explain it to you. It is hard to explain things in writing sometimes and have all who are reading it understand what the intent is.

I will make an attempt to explain the reasoning behind the two natures but this is just my understanding and there are others here who may correct me!

The first man, Adam, was created sinless. By his own free will he chose to give in to temptation and to sin against God. From that point forward man's nature was defiled causing him to be separated from God. In order for man's relationship with God to be restored a man had to live, overcome temptation. Jesus' Father was God. Only the blood of God, pure and undefiled, was in Jesus, thus the Divine nature. He mother Mary being human gave birth to a man that was human in every way and had the original undefiled nature as Adam did before he sinned. Jesus overcame the temptations of satan and lived a sinless life. He chose to do the will of His Father. He followed the Divine nature, which could not be tempted, overcoming the man nature which could be tempted.

If I am messed here guys please correct me!

I am not attending a christian school. We are pretending I am. The proposal is for you all to teach the HU to a new students.

So seeing this is a classroom, I am giving you an assignment as the student you claim to be. Write a thesis for your claims,

This is the scenario: we are pretending to be in a classroom, in a christian school, where you are dictating a class on HU and I am atending as a studing.
I dont see anything wrong on that game we are playing.

After 15 centuries of teaching in all denominations, nobody has found a single verse to support the doctrine.
And you willingly remain ignorant of the fact the Bible teaches the doctrine in toto

GOD

• He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33)
  • He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8)
  • He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)
  • He is prayed to (Acts 7:59)
  • He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
  • He knows all things (John 21:17)
  • He both possesses, and gives, eternal life (John 10:28)
  • All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9
Compare the above in the same order of characteristic -- the alternate characteristic, if you will -- between these dual natures.

MAN

• He worshiped the Father (John 17)
  • He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)
  • He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)
  • He prayed to the Father (John 17)
  • He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)
  • He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)
  • He died (Rom. 5:8)
  • He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)
One of the most common errors that non-Christian cults make is not understanding the two natures of Christ. For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses focus on Jesus' humanity and ignore His divinity. They repeatedly quote verses dealing with Jesus as a man and try and set them against scripture showing that Jesus is also divine. On the other hand, the Christian Scientists do the reverse. They focus on the scriptures showing Jesus' divinity to the extent of denying His true humanity.

For a proper understanding of Jesus and, therefore, all other doctrines that relate to Him, His two natures must be properly understood and defined. Jesus is one person with two natures. This is why He would grow in wisdom and stature (Luke 2:52) yet know all things (John 21:17). He is the Divine Word that became flesh (John 1:1,14).

The Bible is about Jesus (John 5:39). The prophets prophesied about Him (Acts 10:43). The Father bore witness of Him (John 5:37; 8:18). The Holy Spirit bore witness of Him (John 15:26). The works Jesus did bore witness of Him (John 5:36; 10:25). The multitudes bore witness of Him (John 12:17). And, Jesus bore witness of Himself (John 14:6; 18:6).

Other verses to consider when examining His deity are John 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:6-8; and 2 Pet. 1:1.
1 Tim. 2:5 says, "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Right now, there is a man in heaven on the throne of God. He is our advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1). He is our Savior (Titus 2:13). He is our Lord (Rom. 10:9-10). He is Jesus. He is also our brother, in the flesh. He has two natures. Again, one would be a fool not to be able to see these facts.

Comment edited out.
According the Paul (Philoipians) the different between divinity and humanity is different in form. Christ being in form of God changed/became into the form of man.
Do you believe that a man, being in the form of man, can choose to change/become into the form of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back