Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am seeking a born again husband

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Fembot

It's taken me a lot of guts to do this....so, please take it easy on me. As desperate as this may sound, I do have opportunities to date but not with men that put God first in their life.

I am so tired of searching high and low for a Christian husband. At church, they're either married, old or waay too young. Online, they are either empty dating sites, crazy or not truly Christian (after conversing for a while I reached that conclusion several times).

Here I am, in the name of love. For one last shot at finding Mr. Right....
It's very easy to find Mr. Wrong of course but I promised myself a long time ago that I would not be with an atheist. I want someone who has similar faith and interests. Someone outdoorsy, creative and healthy with a strong mind.
Distance is not so important as personality and OF COURSE lifestyle.

If you are seeking marriage or know someone who is, contact me to chat. Even if I look back at this post and laugh or cringe, I atleast gave 100% towards my search

Thanks for reading! LOL

Nothing but respect for your decision.:thumbsup

But as an agnostic atheist, i'd still marry a girl who was Christian. Heck, my current GF is Christian. We argue/discuss our beliefs all the time but we have a great relationship.

I

Way to put yourself out there:thumbsup I'd just suggest you add some information about yourself so the people responding have something to base their interest off of. I'd be one of the crazy people as I developed a mental illness. I think there is someone out there even for the crazy people.:) I bet you'll get some responses.

It's taken me a lot of guts to do this....so, please take it easy on me. As desperate as this may sound, I do have opportunities to date but not with men that put God first in their life.

I am so tired of searching high and low for a Christian husband. At church, they're either married, old or waay too young. Online, they are either empty dating sites, crazy or not truly Christian (after conversing for a while I reached that conclusion several times).

Here I am, in the name of love. For one last shot at finding Mr. Right....
It's very easy to find Mr. Wrong of course but I promised myself a long time ago that I would not be with an atheist. I want someone who has similar faith and interests. Someone outdoorsy, creative and healthy with a strong mind.

If you are seeking marriage or know someone who is, contact me to chat. Even if I look back at this post and laugh or cringe, I atleast gave 100% towards my search

Thanks for reading! LOL

I am seeking one too.:tongue The difference is that I am not seeking mine from the Internet.

Some have found love on the Internet. So you may find yours. Allow God to guide you in your choice. Only God knows the heart. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I find when one quits looking is when God will place the right one in your path, buts it's up to you to see him. This is how my husband and I got together as he was praying for a Godly women and I know God put our paths together and we have been happily married for 15 years now. Just be patient and give it to God.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I find when one quits looking is when God will place the right one in your path, buts it's up to you to see him. This is how my husband and I got together as he was praying for a Godly women and I know God put our paths together and we have been happily married for 15 years now. Just be patient and give it to God.

I agree. I put together a list of all the qualities I was looking for in a husband and laid it out for God. I stepped back and let Him do the work and my husband met all the qualities and more I might ad. Put God first, let Him fill every need that you have right now and watch what He does. You'll be amazed.

I read this book which I felt the Lord led me to. It was eye opening as I waited for the right man.http://www.amazon.com/Your-Knight-S...+shining+armor+discovering+your+lifelong+love

Hey, this could be kind of interesting...

I want someone who has similar faith...
Do any potential suitors a favor and share some of your fundamental beliefs and let's see who bites.

How about a distant personality?

Sometimes the forums can get kind of dry, so why don't you keep your search out in the open here as much as possible. This could be fun.

Kind of like a christianforums.net dating game, lol. We'll watch as you grill your unseen suitors.

Boy do I ever have horror stories about some of the "Christian" women I have met online. Not that they are any worse than the rest. But I kinda expected the Christian dating pool to be a little better.

I'm starting to think that when I see "Christian" on a dating site, that it is code that means "I have bad habits I'm trying to break". Not that they shouldn't seek God's help, but,,,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Fembot, what's your age and Christian background?

I'm 25 (almost 26), live in Michigan, Moderate baptist from a fundamental church, and a Calvinist. I'm working on a nursing degree and will be done in a little over 5 years from now.

Let me know.

Hey, this could be kind of interesting...

Do any potential suitors a favor and share some of your fundamental beliefs and let's see who bites.

How about a distant personality?

Sometimes the forums can get kind of dry, so why don't you keep your search out in the open here as much as possible. This could be fun.

Kind of like a christianforums.net dating game, lol. We'll watch as you grill your unseen suitors.

Thanks everyone for replying. Thanks for the book suggestion Heather.

I was wondering how my thread would be received. LOL I do enjoy adding some flavour to the "dry."
I am all about "putting yourself out there" for the RIGHT reasons. Not interested in a distant personality though. This forum fulfills that!

So, my fundamental beliefs would include (but aren't limited to):

One God who created us in His image
Jesus Christ as savior
Perfect balance by placing God first in life, then your spouse, children, church/community
Responsibilities of a Christian includes spreading the gospel, love and self sufficiency (growing your own food, being creative etc)
Non judgmental leading and example setting
That we are souls capable of creating with our minds, dimensional travel and telepathy
The enemy attacks us in more ways than we think. This is why it's important to pay attention, constantly read our Bibles, continue to pray and be cautious of what we see, eat and listen to.
We don't die
Hate the sin, not the sinner
Avoid credit cards and loans (except for a home)
Minimal tv watching
Volunteering/donating
Separation of church and state
Separation of boys and girls in learning environments
Homeschooling
Dressing like you want to be treated
The list goes on...

I find when one quits looking is when God will place the right one in your path, buts it's up to you to see him.
I hate to admit it, but I think you have a point. I gave up on finding "her" - and after about seven months on my new job I realized a lady there was just about EXACTLY what I was looking for.

We've been out three times and I sent her flowers to her office Monday. (I am on an almost two week trip to Michigan to work and knew I'd be gone for awhile).

I'd not really paid attention to her, then caught myself thinking one day: "I wish I could meet someone like Lori..."

It still took me about two or three weeks - until I thought, "Ask HER out!"

I am 52, been looking a long time. I recently told God, "It's up to you - if she's out there and she and I are right for one another, show her to me, Lord." Then, I walked away from it. That was last fall.

Just my two cents...

Hey, bachelor #1...wait 'till you're asked a question before responding. :lol

Everyone's allowed to comment, silly. Doesn't make you bachelor to reply!

I agree that there are people struggling with demons on most Christian sites. The difference between the secular sites and Christian ones is that the Christians are more honest about who they are and what they're going through.

Fembot,

I met my wife on the internet and neither of us were trying lol! I was a few years out from a bad marriage and had dated a few women that just were not good for me. I finally resolved to stay single until I could figure out why I kept getting hooked up with these bad women.

So I made a list of qualities that I wouldn't compromise on that the next girlfriend would have to live up to or there was no way I'd pursue the relationship. After looking at the list I thought that I was going to be single the rest of my life. :lol It was a pretty tight list of qualities.

So I was on an AOL bulletin board reading a topic on divorce and it was the same old garbage reply after reply until I ran across a reply that made me say to myself, "This gal gets it". and she left her e-mail address so I wrote her.

She replied back not even remembering what she had posted. BTW, I was in LA and she was in Michigan. Again, I wasn't looking for a mate at the time and I was resolved to staying single.

The e-mails continued and as the months got longer our e-mails became more frequent until we started chatting in a private chat room (Yes we kept it clean). I moved from CA to WA and about a year later she came out to visit me for a week (No sex before marriage). A few months later I went to Mi for a week and the rest is history.

I might want to add that I was very angry with God at the time and didn't consider myself a Christian. It's amazing how a gentle reply can heal so many wounds.

There's a line I heard a long time ago.

Find your ministry. Run as hard as you can toward getting Christ in your life. That ministry may take you far away from where you are right now.

After awhile, look around. Those who are around you longterm are the people God has brought into your life, they're the people to consider why God has brought them.

Everyone's allowed to comment, silly. Doesn't make you bachelor to reply!
I know, but you just gotta know Joe to understand.

I agree that there are people struggling with demons on most Christian sites. The difference between the secular sites and Christian ones is that the Christians are more honest about who they are and what they're going through.
If I think I understand what Joe was saying, perhaps some women seek a Christian husband hoping they'll put up with their problems like Christian husbands are supposed to, little knowing that Christian men want a Christian wife in the hope that they won't have any problems. Oh, the irony!

Back