Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I went to church the other day

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Johnny916

My family came in to where I live and they wanted to celebrate Easter with me. I told them I was considering Judaism and they were surprised at my actions. But I agreed to go with them. Since we're Latino and Roman Catholic family we went to a local Spanish themed Roman Catholic church. It is terrible not knowing Spanish or anything about the Catholic faith. I did stick it up and had a good time. My family came around and showed support to my path toward Judaism. Life is grand!!

I don't mean this to be hurtful, but I have to ask...

Your Christian family showed support for you walking away from Christ? :sad

Well yes and no! They were shock. But influenced me to become a Christian.

I'm confused, but that's generally how I go through life. Please bear with me...

You said they supported your path toward Judaism, and here you say they influenced you to become a Christian. Your other very similar thread suggested that you reconsidered and were embracing Christianity, or at least that's what I inferred. Your first thread here was one where you were staunchly rejecting Christianity in favor of Judaism. Can you clear this up? Are you converting to Judaism or returning to Christianity? Thanks! :salute

I'm confused, but that's generally how I go through life. Please bear with me...

You said they supported your path toward Judaism, and here you say they influenced you to become a Christian. Your other very similar thread suggested that you reconsidered and were embracing Christianity, or at least that's what I inferred. Your first thread here was one where you were staunchly rejecting Christianity in favor of Judaism. Can you clear this up? Are you converting to Judaism or returning to Christianity? Thanks! :salute

Yes, I'm a basket case. I took it over with them and they influenced me to become a Catholic. They want me to keep my faith and tradition.

Because Judaism has so much more then anything I ever seen. Much support and information and knowledge.

Johnny:

Judaism is the Word of God, i.e. as long as they take what they believe from the Scriptures.

The only difference between Judaism and Christianity is that Christians believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of the promised Messiah in Judaism.

That being said, that is NOT what you see in practice, because I believe most churches are apostate. Christian churches have become so "Gentilized" putting their own Gentile spin and understanding to Jewish scriptures (no wonder Jewish folk are oftentimes offended when Gentiles try to explain their scriptures to them). Then when some of us point this out, they throw back that "not under the Law" mantra as an excuse for divorcing themselves from Jews and the Old Testament Scriptures taking things we say and scripture totally out of context.

What Jesus said "narrow is the way" is true indeed and "few there be that find it". I truly hope you do find it, but starting with Judaism is not bad. And unlike most of the church world, if you do not find your way, it is not an excuse for God to consign you to burning forever and ever and ever. There is a chance at salvation in the Millennium when Christ returns, and yes, even salvation to some people at the White Throne Judgment! God is all loving and never unfair. I have faith that if you are truly desiring the way, and not just after a religion that conforms to your ideas of how God is supposed to be, then eventually you will find it.

Johnny:

Judaism is the Word of God, i.e. as long as they take what they believe from the Scriptures.

The only difference between Judaism and Christianity is that Christians believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of the promised Messiah in Judaism.
This wins today's soft pedaling antichrist award:clap
That being said, that is NOT what you see in practice, because I believe most churches are apostate. Christian churches have become so "Gentilized" putting their own Gentile spin and understanding to Jewish scriptures (no wonder Jewish folk are oftentimes offended when Gentiles try to explain their scriptures to them). Then when some of us point this out, they throw back that "not under the Law" mantra as an excuse for divorcing themselves from Jews and the Old Testament Scriptures taking things we say and scripture totally out of context.

What Jesus said "narrow is the way" is true indeed and "few there be that find it". I truly hope you do find it, but starting with Judaism is not bad. And unlike most of the church world, if you do not find your way, it is not an excuse for God to consign you to burning forever and ever and ever. There is a chance at salvation in the Millennium when Christ returns, and yes, even salvation to some people at the White Throne Judgment! God is all loving and never unfair. I have faith that if you are truly desiring the way, and not just after a religion that conforms to your ideas of how God is supposed to be, then eventually you will find it.

Johnny:

Speak the truth, man. There is no second chance past this life to receive Jesus. Judaism will not generate faith in the Messiah.

If you cannot offer the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then what are you doing here?

John 3:16 NLT
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 6:23 NLT
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Speak the truth, man. There is no second chance past this life to receive Jesus. Judaism will not generate faith in the Messiah.

If you cannot offer the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then what are you doing here?

John 3:16 NLT
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 6:23 NLT
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

God's important plan for man's redemption is understood in the feasts of Jahovah, starting with Passover. This is why I always bring that up.

It's not "get everyone saved now" program, but on the other hand "if today you hear his voice harden not your heart" and "commands everyone to repent"

This is because the church is going to rule and reign with Christ. Not everyone is going to do that, otherwise what's the purpose of the church? They are going to be teachers in the Millennium.

The gospel is not about Christ, but of Christ, i.e. the coming Kingdom of God, here on the earth, literally, which the church is to announce and teach, not all about "dying and going to heaven".

Your statements show your severe disconnect and understanding of the tenets of our faith, like I said "Gentilization".

God's important plan for man's redemption is understood in the feasts of Jahovah, starting with Passover. This is why I always bring that up.

It's not "get everyone saved now" program, but on the other hand "if today you hear his voice harden not your heart" and "commands everyone to repent"

This is because the church is going to rule and reign with Christ. Not everyone is going to do that, otherwise what's the purpose of the church? They are going to be teachers in the Millennium.

The gospel is not about Christ, but of Christ, i.e. the coming Kingdom of God, here on the earth, literally, which the church is to announce and teach, not all about "dying and going to heaven".

Your statements show your severe disconnect and understanding of the tenets of our faith, like I said "Gentilization".

Studying Judaism isn't going to cause a person to meet Christ, unless a Christian is teaching it. As much as I love the Jew and appreciate all the Feasts and types and shadows, we must introduce people to JESUS CHRIST! That is what Jesus commands. There is no better way.

The Gospel is Christ, and sending people off to Judaism will cause a person to stumble. The Gospel is good news and simple.

If people don't find Christ, what point is there to discuss the Millennium?

ah, but this christian isnt no so gentilised. while my understanding of the torah and tanakh and the prophets isnt as deep as some others here. I am no chump.

judiasm doesnt teach much on the after life.nor does the christian old testament. WHY? its only till jesus that its really even mentioned.
the idea of sheol is a storage place of the dead. and theres been many of speculation by the rabbis on that.

Judaism 101: Olam Ha-Ba: The Afterlife

but theres no second chances at the white throne.i must strongly disagree with that. Why would God judge men there and in revalation it clearly states that those that arent found in the book of life are cast in to lake of fire,and the dead that have that are raised to judgement after the millenium and satan cast into hellfire.all those in christ are either raised before that or raised then and no cast into the hellfires(gehenna).

You know the disagreement some of you have could be defended in another thread. Considering what Johnny is going through, I don't believe this is of very much help, and I don't think it's what he had in mind.

Johnny, you're taking a step in the right direction!

Perhaps this thread should be moved to CT&A, in that case. :chin

In all fairness, my post #10 was sincerely directed at Johnny in hopes that he finds his way. I merely pointed out the pitfalls since I perceived that he has trouble with Christianity in which I wanted to point out that much of what is preached is a false gospel. I perceive he's rejecting the truth based on mainstream lies and I did not want that to happen to him.

So, what happened? I am addressed with "corrections" with my theology, the very thing that bothers Johnny. Frankly, we don't need that. So if there's any conflict in this thread, I think that an objective observer can see that I did not start it.

My prayers and love is with Johnny, and I hope he's sincere in his search for God.

Johnny:

I agree with this post. And Johnny I think you might be interested in finding a Messianic congregation. This is a group of often Jewish Believers who recognize Christ as their Messiah but you will also find "gentiles" there who realize all that tim-from-pa wrote and these "gentile" Believers are just going back to their roots, but still holding on to the Messiah and all God`s redemption through the Messiah. I strongly urge you to seek out a Messianic congregation. I think it may fill in the gap for you. You can have the best of both worlds without having to compromise on either. Anyway, it is worth checking out.

Back