Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

If God Loved everyone !

Orion said:
Then that is a completely IMMORAL and corrupt system, and I will have nothing to do with a system that damns others for the "mistake" of a predecessor. :naughty

Thats fine, you reject God and His word.. :yes

savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:
Then that is a completely IMMORAL and corrupt system, and I will have nothing to do with a system that damns others for the "mistake" of a predecessor. :naughty

If it is ACTUALLY god's system that holds accountable everyone for ONE person's actions, then I do.

However, having said that, . . . I reject the beliefs of PAUL, in reality. It has nothing to do with an open rejection of any deity.

Orion said:
savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

If it is ACTUALLY god's system that holds accountable everyone for ONE person's actions, then I do.

However, having said that, . . . I reject the beliefs of PAUL, in reality. It has nothing to do with an open rejection of any deity.

As said earlier, you reject Gods word, which God has decreed to happen..

savedbygrace57 said:

The MAJOR difference is that you have absolutely NO credible evidence that Pauls words ARE actually from your god, so believe what you want. Your right.

Updated to add - BTW, the "Your" isn't the "you are" that lazy people use. "Your" as it "It is your right to believe the way you wish".

glorydaz said:
If man is called to obey, doesn't he need to choose to obey?
God calls all men to repent.
To repent mustn't a man exercise his free will?

Doesn't man have to choose to believe?

Did anyone else notice the straw man redefinition of "free will?"

savedbygrace57 said:
orion asks:

Are infants innocent? I would hope you would say "yes" to that.

No, they are not innocent, but not because of any personal sins in time they committed, but because they sinned in and through their head, which is what paul teaches here:

rom 5: .....
That was a good, scripturally correct answer. If babies were not "in Adam" they would not die, so all are under sin and the curse upon Adam.

mondar said:
savedbygrace57 said:
orion asks:

Are infants innocent? I would hope you would say "yes" to that.

No, they are not innocent, but not because of any personal sins in time they committed, but because they sinned in and through their head, which is what paul teaches here:

rom 5: .....
That was a good, scripturally correct answer. If babies were not "in Adam" they would not die, so all are under sin and the curse upon Adam.

Not a curse, for adam was not cursed for His sin, but the ground was..gen 3:

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Not mankind was cursed, for all in adam, died, but were not cursed..being born dead in trespasses and sins, for the elect, is not a curse but a blessing, because it sets the stage for the manifestation of the work of christ in our lives..eph 2:

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

This was the purpose for creation..

orion says:

The MAJOR difference is that you have absolutely NO credible evidence that Pauls words ARE actually from your god, so believe what you want. Your right.

You have no credible evidence that its not of God..

Orion said:
1. Are infants innocent? I would hope you would say "yes" to that.
Every one.

2. What is it called when the life of an innocent is taken? I would hope you would call that murder.
It's also called murder when -non-innocent life is taken.

3. How many infants died in the "Noah flood"? Obviously, all of them.
That's right, all of them.
4. Which commandment was broken? The answer, "you shall not kill".
I would imagine that the other nine were broken as well.

5. Who broke that one? _____________. (Hint-You pray to him.)
Hmmmm. Let's see. Did God give fair warning to the Antediluvian's of what would happen? Yes He did. In fact He warned them for 120 years and what was the response? Why is it so difficult for some people to see that God was actually displaying a tremendous amount of mercy in ending the reign of the Antediluvian's? They lived in a world where every though of man was "evil continuously." Is that evil the fault of God or is their some culpability involved on the part of mankind?

As the violence of the storm increased, trees, buildings, rocks, and earth were hurled in every direction. The terror of man and beast was beyond description. Above the roar of the tempest was heard the wailing of a people that had despised the authority of God. Satan himself, who was compelled to remain in the midst of the warring elements, feared for his own existence. He had delighted to control so powerful a race, and desired them to live to practice their abominations and continue their rebellion against the Ruler of heaven. He now uttered imprecations against God, charging Him with injustice and cruelty.

Many of the people, like Satan, blasphemed God, and had they been able, they would have torn Him from the throne of power. Others were frantic with fear, stretching their hands toward the ark and pleading for admittance. But their entreaties were in vain. Conscience was at last aroused to know that there is a God who ruleth in the heavens. They called upon Him earnestly, but His ear was not open to their cry. In that terrible hour they saw that the transgression of God's law had caused their ruin. Yet while, through fear of punishment, they acknowledged their sin, they felt no true contrition, no abhorrence of evil. They would have returned to their defiance of Heaven, had the judgment been removed. So when God's judgments shall fall upon the earth before its deluge by fire, the impenitent will know just where and what their sin is--the despising of His holy law. Yet they will have no more true repentance than did the old-world sinners.

The sins that called for vengeance upon the antediluvian world exist today. The fear of God is banished from the hearts of men, and His law is treated with indifference and contempt. The intense worldliness of that generation is equaled by that of the generation now living. Said Christ, "As in the days that were before the Flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the Flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24:38, 39. God did not condemn the antediluvians for eating and drinking; He had given them the fruits of the earth in great abundance to supply their physical wants. Their sin consisted in taking these gifts without gratitude to the Giver, and debasing themselves by indulging appetite without restraint. It was lawful for them to marry. Marriage was in God's order; it was one of the first institutions which He established. He gave special directions concerning this ordinance, clothing it with sanctity and beauty; but these directions were forgotten, and marriage was perverted and made to minister to passion. -- The Flood, Patriarchs and Prophets, Ellen G. White

savedbygrace57 said:
orion says:

You have no credible evidence that its not of God..

It isn't for ME to produce evidence for YOUR claim.

savedbygrace57 said:
Now who are these:

even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression

These are babies..death reigned over them, not because of their personal transgressions in the time state, but because they incurred guilt and death through their head Adam..God is saying they babies sinned in adam, hence they die too..

see job 4:7

Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?
Oh dear...you really must stop grabbing scripture willy-nilly to support your personal beliefs.
Notice who spoke those words in Job, (Eliphaz the Temanite), and see what God had to say about his counsel.
Job 4:7 said:
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
Now it appears you may have caused a brother to stumble. :shame

savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

He should just reject your "teaching" and then he wouldn't be having doubts.

glorydaz said:
savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

he rejects Gods word..and so do you !

Orion said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Updated to add - BTW, the "Your" isn't the "you are" that lazy people use. "Your" as it "It is your right to believe the way you wish".
I would encourage you to look elsewhere for what the Word actually says.
There are a lot of people on this board who can rightly interpret the scripture.

It isn't Paul's fault his words are being misrepresented by those who preach error.

glory says:

Now it appears you may have caused a brother to stumble.

he is not my brother I know of nor you either , and those who belong to God, God keeps them from stumbling at false teaching Jude:

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

That word falling is the greek word

aàptaistov and means:

not stumbling, standing firm, exempt from falling

savedbygrace57 said:
glorydaz said:
savedbygrace57 said:

he rejects Gods word..and so do you !

No, savedbygrace. I don't say this very often, but you are preaching error.
Not a simple little innocent error, but flat out, far-reaching error.
And you spread it in every post ... all over the board.

I urge all who read your posts to use their discernment and put on their armor. :shame

glory says:

No you are, and remind me of the verse that says:

isa 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

savedbygrace57 said:
glory says:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I'm not calling you bad, I'm simply saying you're in error.
The Word speaks very well as it is, it should never be changed to suit someone's doctrine.
I've watched you claim "man" really means "son", "all men" really means "elect".
You need to leave the Word as it is, and stop rewriting it to prove the error you preach.

glorydaz said:
savedbygrace57 said:
glory says:

I'm not calling you bad, I'm simply saying you're in error.
The Word speaks very well as it is, it should never be changed to suit someone's doctrine.
I've watched you claim "man" really means "son", "all men" really means "elect".
You need to leave the Word as it is, and stop rewriting it to prove the error you preach.
:thumb Amen!

Back