Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

If God Loved everyone !

seek says:

I think you forgot to continue reading and take the whole passage in context.

I am aware of the context..

I don't think brother is referring to someone of the same beliefs.

It does not matter what you think..scripture teaches that it does matter..1 jn 5:

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

If one does believe the same doctrine of christ I believe, which is indicative of one being born of God, then that one not my brother in the Lord..they are an unbeliever..

Thats why John says:

1 jn 4:

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

mon asked:

If I might ask are you fallible or is your person infallible?

I am very fallible, but I am not witnessing my word, but Gods, who is infallible..

savedbygrace57 said:
mon asked:

If I might ask are you fallible or is your person infallible?

I am very fallible, but I am not witnessing my word, but Gods, who is infallible..
OK, then you are a fallible interpreter of an infallible word of God, right?

mon asked:

The Gospel that God gave me and taught me is infallible..

Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

1 jn 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You dont believe God teaches men truth ?

savedbygrace57 said:
mon asked:

The Gospel that God gave me and taught me is infallible..

Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You dont believe God teaches men truth ?
Of course I believe that the HS testifies to believers through the scriptures.

Does that make you an infallible interpreter of the scriptures?

mon asked:

I said you dont believe that God teaches one truth ? Not give one a chance to interpret truth, but do you believe God teaches one Truth ?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie

savedbygrace57 said:
mon asked:

I said you dont believe that God teaches one truth ? Not give one a chance to interpret truth, but do you believe God teaches one Truth ?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie
Of course I believe that God teaches one truth.

Are you going to refuse to answer my question asking if these facts make you an infallible interpreter of scriptures?

mon says:

Then that answers your question, I merely witness The Truth God taught me..

You do understand there is a difference between Truth that God Teaches and ones interpretation dont you ?

savedbygrace57 said:
mon says:

You do understand there is a difference between Truth that God Teaches and ones interpretation dont you ?
My answer is "of course. In fact I wonder why you have to ask. My question has nothing to do with the objective, infallible, inerrant truth. I have made several defenses of sola scriptura on this board. My question has to do with the question of do you consider yourself an infallible interpreter of the objective inerrant scriptures. It is a difference I am making that I am wondering if you draw the same distinction?

Have you ever grown in your learning of scriptures? Or did God make you an infallible "witness to the Truth that God taught you from the beginning of your conversion?" Have you ever had to reassess what a passage taught. Have you ever seen more in a passage you previous missed. Have you had to reassess a doctrine you believed because you made a mistake or learned something new?

You send mixed signals. In the blue that I highlighted you sound like you consider yourself the absolute infallible inerrant interpreter of scripture that cannot be questioned. Then you ask if I see a difference. Twice I asked if you consider yourself infallible. You seem to have difficulty saying your are not without error.

savedbygrace57 said:
RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:
You disagree with the word of God..
Nope. I clearly disagree with you and your understanding of the word of God.

You disagree with the Word of God, I am a messenger of God..
I disagree with the message you are offering. In my mind, and from what I know about scripture, you are preaching something different.

rnd says:

I disagree with the message you are offering

And I am witnessing the word of God, so that means you disagree with the word of God..

savedbygrace57 said:
rnd says:

I disagree with the message you are offering

And I am witnessing the word of God, so that means you disagree with the word of God..
Well, that's where we part company. I don't believe you are witnessing for the word of the Lord in that you are doing so quite ineffectually. Therefore just because I don't agree with your doctrinal stance does not mean I disagree with the word of the Lord. Again, I simply disagree with you.

rnd says:

Well, that's where we part company. I I don't believe you are witnessing for the word of the Lord

And I dont believe you are witnessing the word of the Lord..

savedbygrace57 said:
rnd says:

Well, that's where we part company. I I don't believe you are witnessing for the word of the Lord

One question I have is why you feel a need to condemn others that may be in the midst of sin and struggling (as if you were never a sinner at one time yourself), going through the same struggles and temptations that we all (except maybe you) go through. You paint a very poor picture of our Redeemer and the grace and mercy He offered everyone who was in the throes of sin while he was on the cross. He collectively forgave all who were in sin on the cross - it is our job, our goal, to not only receive that forgiveness but pass that same mercy onto others. The brand of Christianity you peddle is not the same Christianity that I have seen Jesus offer.

RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:
rnd says:

One question I have is why you feel a need to condemn others that may be in the midst of sin and struggling (as if you were never a sinner at one time yourself), going through the same struggles and temptations that we all (except maybe you) go through. You paint a very poor picture of our Redeemer and the grace and mercy He offered everyone who was in the throes of sin while he was on the cross. He collectively forgave all who were in sin on the cross - it is our job, our goal, to not only receive that forgiveness but pass that same mercy onto others. The brand of Christianity you peddle is not the same Christianity that I have seen Jesus offer.

None of what you are saying justifies you from teaching against Gods word..

savedbygrace57 said:
None of what you are saying justifies you from teaching against Gods word..
Nothing I'm teaching is contrary to the word of God. Question: Do you believe that if Christ died for you while you were yet in the throes of sin He died for others in the same condition?

savedbygrace57 said:
mon says:

God did not teach you the doctrine you preach. Man did.

If God had taught it, it would agree with his Word as written in the Bible.
Your's doesn't. You are forced to "explain" what God means...therefore changing the Word.
The Word of God stands on it's own....it certainly doesn't require changing the "every man" and "the world" into the elect. Because you do that...it's evidence you have not been taught by God.

savedbygrace57 said:
glory says:

God did not teach you the doctrine you preach. Man did.

Oh Yes, I am taught of God, and you of man..

I'm sorry to have to say this, but you're way too proud to have been taught by God.

You have a pride of life like none I've ever seen, and the love of God is not in you that I can see.
You not only hate the unsaved, but you claim God does, too. That is all the proof I need.
Luke 6:35 said:
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Back