Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

If God Loved everyone !

shad said:
RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:
he rejects Gods word..and so do you !
What does the word say regarding judging your brother who is another man's servant?

how is he judging who?
Suggesting that glorydaz has rejected the word of God just because their view is different than that of the person making such a statement is clearly being judgmental IMHO.

RND said:
Suggesting that glorydaz has rejected the word of God just because their view is different than that of the person making such a statement is clearly being judgmental IMHO.

RND, you're just the person I need here. :thumb

Check out this portion of scripture...Solomon is speaking of how he will rule Israel.
Tell me if this doesn't put you in mind of the church...The Israel of God.
I see no power trip or executions...I see prayer and supplication.
2 Chron. 6 said:
18But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built! 19Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee: 20That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place. 21Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, even from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive. 22If a man sin against his neighbour, and an oath be laid upon him to make him swear, and the oath come before thine altar in this house; 23Then hear thou from heaven, and do, and judge thy servants, by requiting the wicked, by recompensing his way upon his own head; and by justifying the righteous, by giving him according to his righteousness. 24And if thy people Israel be put to the worse before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee; and shall return and confess thy name, and pray and make supplication before thee in this house; 25Then hear thou from the heavens, and forgive the sin of thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which thou gavest to them and to their fathers. 26When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them; 27Then hear thou from heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, when thou hast taught them the good way, wherein they should walk; and send rain upon thy land, which thou hast given unto thy people for an inheritance. 28If there be dearth in the land, if there be pestilence, if there be blasting, or mildew, locusts, or caterpillers; if their enemies besiege them in the cities of their land; whatsoever sore or whatsoever sickness there be: 29Then what prayer or what supplication soever shall be made of any man, or of all thy people Israel, when every one shall know his own sore and his own grief, and shall spread forth his hands in this house: 30Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men:) 31That they may fear thee, to walk in thy ways, so long as they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers. 32Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of thy people Israel, but is come from a far country for thy great name's sake, and thy mighty hand, and thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this house; 33Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name. 34If thy people go out to war against their enemies by the way that thou shalt send them, and they pray unto thee toward this city which thou hast chosen, and the house which I have built for thy name; 35Then hear thou from the heavens their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause. 36If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near; 37Yet if they bethink themselves in the land whither they are carried captive, and turn and pray unto thee in the land of their captivity, saying, We have sinned, we have done amiss, and have dealt wickedly; 38If they return to thee with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, whither they have carried them captives, and pray toward their land, which thou gavest unto their fathers, and toward the city which thou hast chosen, and toward the house which I have built for thy name: 39Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, their prayer and their supplications, and maintain their cause, and forgive thy people which have sinned against thee. 40Now, my God, let, I beseech thee, thine eyes be open, and let thine ears be attent unto the prayer that is made in this place. 41Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness. 42O LORD God, turn not away the face of thine anointed: remember the mercies of David thy servant.

glorydaz said:
glorydaz you have been extremely consistent in your views and exhortation regarding scripture so it is easy to agree with you and defend the very salient points you have made. How can we help draw people to Jesus Christ when God is portrayed as being aloof and exclusive is anyone's guess.

RND said:
glorydaz said:
glorydaz you have been extremely consistent in your views and exhortation regarding scripture so it is easy to agree with you and defend the very salient points you have made. How can we help draw people to Jesus Christ when God is portrayed as being aloof and exclusive is anyone's guess.

It puts me in mind of some of the old-time preachers who hollered out "hellfire and damnation", but never mentioned the wonderful walk of faith and fellowship with our Savior. Giving an incorrect view of God's character and plan for mankind can, and does, turn people away who could be drawn. For those who believe in God loving only the elect, there is no reason for them to love those "seeds of satan", because they're evil. Who are the enemies we're called to love? Are they "elect" enemies? This is not conducive to sharing the Gospel, and, in fact, it's doing the work of satan himself. My heart goes out to those who hear a message that nothing they can do will make them good enough to be one of the elect...that, in fact, God hates them. What should we say, when we witness? Well, you may be one of the elect, so I'll tell you about the Lord since I don't personally know. But you'd better not be one of satan's seeds or I'll be outa here before you can say..."Get behind me."

I would encourage everyone to search their hearts and search the Word diligently in these last days. To make sure we haven't fallen for a doctrine instead of continuing to seek out the truth of the Scripture.

God's character? My it is such an usual topic in these last days isn't it? You sound like an Adventist glorydaz!

RND said:
God's character? My it is such an usual topic in these last days isn't it? You sound like an Adventist glorydaz!

Do they talk about His character?

No, I'm not an Adventist, but His character certainly needs to be taken into consideration when we're discussing whether God is love or not. I could have used the term attributes, but character seems more fitting somehow.

glorydaz said:
All the time! It is the single most important thing to understand about salvation and eternal life.

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

"Christ says, "I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." Through knowledge of Christ we may be brought into union with the Father. Oh, that our dull comprehension might be enlarged, that we might realize what there is in this thought of oneness with Christ! Perfection of character is offered to fallen man through the righteousness of Christ. The repentant sinner may be robed in the robe of righteousness, and God will behold in him only the unspotted purity of his Son. Then we shall be loved by the Father as he loves his Son. Jesus declares that nothing less than oneness with him and his Father will ever satisfy the divine requirement; but when we are united with Christ, our life is hid with Christ in God, and we are represented as members of the body of Christ.

Christ may abide in our hearts by faith. God manifested in the flesh is the mystery that has been hidden "from ages and from generations." Oh, the depth of the riches of the love of God that hath abounded to man in the person of his Son! God in Christ, and Christ in God, and Christ abiding by faith in man, is so large a truth that the mind cannot fully comprehend it. It is so great a theme, so grand a conception, so far beyond the power of reason to explain, that, as we speak of it, we feel our insufficiency. Our comprehension is too restricted, our language too limited, to unfold this great truth. The mind fails and sinks down weary under the effort, and we can speak of this truth only in softened, subdued tones, acknowledging our helplessness, and bowing in adoration before the infinite love that has provided so great a salvation."
-- The Signs of the Times , May 18, 1891/Article Title: The Unsearchable Riches Of Christ.-By Mrs. E. G. White

No, I'm not an Adventist, but His character certainly needs to be taken into consideration when we're discussing whether God is love or not. I could have used the term attributes, but character seems more fitting somehow.
I think I can understand if you were to use attributes, I see them as the same thing. If you've never read any of EG white's books might I suggest the Desire of Ages? It's an excellent work on the nature and character of Jesus which He perfectly reflected from our Heavenly Father.

The Desire of Ages

RND said:
glorydaz said:
All the time! It is the single most important thing to understand about salvation and eternal life.

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

"Christ says, "I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it; that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them." Through knowledge of Christ we may be brought into union with the Father. Oh, that our dull comprehension might be enlarged, that we might realize what there is in this thought of oneness with Christ! Perfection of character is offered to fallen man through the righteousness of Christ. The repentant sinner may be robed in the robe of righteousness, and God will behold in him only the unspotted purity of his Son. Then we shall be loved by the Father as he loves his Son. Jesus declares that nothing less than oneness with him and his Father will ever satisfy the divine requirement; but when we are united with Christ, our life is hid with Christ in God, and we are represented as members of the body of Christ.

Christ may abide in our hearts by faith. God manifested in the flesh is the mystery that has been hidden "from ages and from generations." Oh, the depth of the riches of the love of God that hath abounded to man in the person of his Son! God in Christ, and Christ in God, and Christ abiding by faith in man, is so large a truth that the mind cannot fully comprehend it. It is so great a theme, so grand a conception, so far beyond the power of reason to explain, that, as we speak of it, we feel our insufficiency. Our comprehension is too restricted, our language too limited, to unfold this great truth. The mind fails and sinks down weary under the effort, and we can speak of this truth only in softened, subdued tones, acknowledging our helplessness, and bowing in adoration before the infinite love that has provided so great a salvation."
-- The Signs of the Times , May 18, 1891/Article Title: The Unsearchable Riches Of Christ.-By Mrs. E. G. White

I think I can understand if you were to use attributes, I see them as the same thing. If you've never read any of EG white's books might I suggest the Desire of Ages? It's an excellent work on the nature and character of Jesus which He perfectly reflected from our Heavenly Father.

The Desire of Ages
Good article. I very rarely read books...except the Bible, of course, and the children's classics I read to my granddaughter. The magnificence of our God, though, is my favorite subject. :yes

RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:
What does the word say regarding judging your brother who is another man's servant?

You have to be my brother first, not one who rejects christ and His gospel..

glory:

I'm not calling you bad, I'm simply saying you're in error.

I am saying you are in error..and the scripture says this:

1 jn 4:6

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

You are simply not of the Truth, hence i cannot and will not call you a brother in christ, when you oppose christ truth..

savedbygrace57 said:
glory:

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

You are simply not of the Truth, hence i cannot and will not call you a brother in christ, when you oppose christ truth..

Oh my...I suppose I should consider that my loss, then. :halo

Actually, we're not to judge those outside the church....that's God's job.

I have every right to try [judge] the spirit by the spirit..1 jn 4:1

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

And from what i judge of your spirit, its not of God..

savedbygrace57 said:
RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Again, you are assuming I reject Christ and His Gospel because I disagree with your religion and denominational beliefs - neither notion can be found in scripture. That assumption is in effect judgment, badly misplaced.

According to James your religion is in vain:

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

So tell me, would you refuse to help an accosted and injured Buddhist simply because they didn't believe like you do, because they weren't "your brother"?

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

How do you expect to be considered the same as Jesus' brother or sister or mother when you apparently reject this clear teaching? Is it the Father's will for you not to show the same level of mercy and compassion that He has for you to others? Maybe a review of Luke 10:25-37 would help.

Luk 10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

rnd says:

Again, you are assuming I reject Christ and His Gospel because I disagree with your religion and denominational beliefs

You disagree with the word of God..

savedbygrace57 said:
glory:

I think you forgot to continue reading and take the whole passage in context.

19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

I don't think brother is referring to someone of the same beliefs.

seekandlisten said:
savedbygrace57 said:
glory:

I think you forgot to continue reading and take the whole passage in context.

19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

I don't think brother is referring to someone of the same beliefs.
I think you are definitely right with this:

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so? Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we only love our fellow Christians, our "brothers in Christ", if we only greet them and associate with them, then we are no better then we are no better than a common publican.

RND said:
savedbygrace57 said:
You disagree with the word of God..
Nope. I clearly disagree with you and your understanding of the word of God.

You disagree with the Word of God, I am a messenger of God..

Back