Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] In schools

Should evolution be taught as "fact" in public schools?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: something new?

you can't just say that, you have to SHOW it. Biologists have to use Evolution for modern biology to make any sense at all. Without it one cannot see how animals are related.[/quote]

:fadein: I didn't say it,Biologists say it. Biology does not support evolution,look into it fairly instead of running to known sources to back up and support evolution.Find neutral information that is not for or against evolution and see what you come up with.
:Fade-color

I didn't say it,Biologists say it.

As you can see by the links I gave you, they don't say it. You've been misled. Not everyone who tells you that he is Christian can be trusted.

Biology does not support evolution,look into it fairly instead of running to known sources to back up and support evolution.

I am a biologist. You've been badly misled about that..

Find neutral information that is not for or against evolution and see what you come up with.

All facts are neutral. But that doesn't mean all ideas are equally valid. Would you like to learn some more about the evidence for evolution?

I didn't say it,Biologists say it. Biology does not support evolution,look into it fairly instead of running to known sources to back up and support evolution.
EVERY biologist I know is an evolution proponent.
Find neutral information that is not for or against evolution and see what you come up with.
How will this information be relevant to the soundness of evolution as a theory?

I once knew a bacteriologist who was a creationist. He was a very nice old guy, who was quite religious.

But he was the only one I knew personally.

Well are you going to regale us with your vast knowledge of biology and show us that we're wrong, blue?

The Barbarian said:
I didn't say it,Biologists say it.

As you can see by the links I gave you, they don't say it. You've been misled. Not everyone who tells you that he is Christian can be trusted.

:angel: Your biased interpretation of the subject of Biology doesn't make you the expert!
I trust christians a whole lot more than the secular and non-saved.
Christians have their flaws,but all of us do anyway,a worldly individual cannot understand the things of God,amen.
The fact that you and I are 3 in 1 proves that the trinity is real,we all have a mind,a body and a spirit. Created in God's image,yet some people cannot believe that God has three parts to his being,even though all of us do.
Blood has every mineral and vitamin in it that the earth has,and this is more proof that we came from the earth as the bible says.
I know that science doesn't even exept the text books on science that was out 20 years ago anymore,and science is always changing.
Your debate is not with christians,it's with science.
The Bible doesn't change,it remains the same. The message is the same.
The Basal Body Temperature that I have used for many years also proves that womens body's were indeed wonderfully and fearfully made!!!
The human body is a marvel in both male and female.

(Babarian demonstrates that the opinions of "experts" is not what Blue had been led to believe)

Your biased interpretation of the subject of Biology doesn't make you the expert!

The Barbarian is a biologist. However, his knowledge of biology is not the point. The point is that the opinon of those folks is/was not what you were told.

I trust christians a whole lot more than the secular and non-saved.

The Barbarian has been a Christian for a very long time.

Christians have their flaws,but all of us do anyway,a worldly individual cannot understand the things of God,amen.

Over the years He has seen fit to show me more and more of Himself. There seems to be no end to it.

The fact that you and I are 3 in 1 proves that the trinity is real,we all have a mind,a body and a spirit. Created in God's image,yet some people cannot believe that God has three parts to his being,even though all of us do.

Barbarian is a trinitarian. You are preaching to the choir.

Blood has every mineral and vitamin in it that the earth has,

Maybe as vanishly small contaminants. There are about 30 elements out of about 90 naturally-occuring ones in the human body.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthings ... ements.htm

and this is more proof that we came from the earth as the bible says.

You'll be happy to know that abiogenesis also says that living things were brought forth by the earth.

I know that science doesn't even exept the text books on science that was out 20 years ago anymore,and science is always changing.

We are always learning more about the universe. However, some of my textbooks are well over 20 years old, and are still very useful.

Your debate is not with christians,it's with science.

It's with neither, actually. I'm a scientist and a Christian.

The Bible doesn't change,it remains the same. The message is the same.

The fault isn't in the Bible. It's in people trying to add doctrines like creationism to it.

The Basal Body Temperature that I have used for many years also proves that womens body's were indeed wonderfully and fearfully made!!!

In at least one case, I can verify that is true. Almost 40 years ago, I met this woman for whom that was the case. We've been together ever since.

Barbarian,I personally believe it's wonderful that you love God.
I didn't know that you believed in the trinity,many people don't christians and non christians.
I don't make the claim that you are not smart.
I believe YEC scientists.
In the last days we know there will be false teachings and people will believe in fables instead of the bible.
The Bible tells us that people will worship the created over the creator.
Scientists don't have any tools to date yet that can tell us with accuracy of the real age of anything.
Archaeologists know from History what is correct and many believe in God,in fact Archaeology has saved the souls of many archaeologists.
Experts to you and I are very different. God is the real expert here. The books of Job and Romans tells us what was real when they were written and what is real today. The world is getting worse with sin,not better. There will be a great falling away from the true faith,and most people will be lovers of themselves. They will have a form of godliness yet they will denie the power. So many will claim to believe in God,yet they won't believe what the bible says literally,and they won't accept the power of God as real powerful.
I do not accept the claims from scientists who support that the earth is billions of years old.Man has sinned in God's face long enough,and I really don't believe God would have took it for billions of years. In The beginning was God. God had a book written just for us. It is no coincidence that we have it . Time is not really up for debate when none of us know why God made it or uses it . Who tells you that the earth is billions of years old?
The bible makes it clear that in the beginning God made Heaven and earth,and the bible proceeds to tell us what followed. The is a very real conflict with the earth being billions of years old and the holy word of God.
Many people today don't think God has much power,if any at all.
Why would God need evolution or billions of years? God is all powerful and all knowing. He can be in all places at one time.
The earth being billions of years makes no sense,and God makes sense.
God also loves order. :B-fly:

Right...that's why entropy is always increasing.... :roll:
Blue, I find it odd that you so boisterously and loudly pretend to critique evolution science, and yet you don't ever criticise YEC "scientists."

I believe YEC scientists.

I believe the evidence.

In the last days we know there will be false teachings and people will believe in fables instead of the bible.

Regrettably, YE creationism is one of those false teachings.

Scientists don't have any tools to date yet that can tell us with accuracy of the real age of anything.

Of course we do. Not long ago, Argon/Argon methods passed an important test for a known date:

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/rele ... mpeii.html

Archaeologists know from History what is correct and many believe in God,in fact Archaeology has saved the souls of many archaeologists.

Did you know that archaeologists routinely us Carbon 14 testing to establish ages of objects?

Experts to you and I are very different. God is the real expert here.

Nevertheless, He gave us the means to learn about this universe. He expects us to use those means.

I do not accept the claims from scientists who support that the earth is billions of years old.

Belief has no effect on reality.

Man has sinned in God's face long enough,and I really don't believe God would have took it for billions of years.

Humans haven't been here for billions of years. However, it is unwise to put limits on God.

Who tells you that the earth is billions of years old?

Not who, but what. Here's a place to start:

http://lilt.ics.hawaii.edu/belvedere/ma ... addate.htm

The bible makes it clear that in the beginning God made Heaven and earth,and the bible proceeds to tell us what followed. The is a very real conflict with the earth being billions of years old and the holy word of God.

Not for a Christian, there isn't.

Why would God need evolution or billions of years?

Why would he need a week? For Him, it's all the same. Again, putting limits on God is not wise.

Here's a classic one, from that site: (supposedly from material hung in Einstein's Princeton office)

""Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
"...how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
(Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement) "

Actually, some of these are things Einstein wrote elsewhere. The funny part is that Keven Harris "copyrighted" what is supposedly Einstein's words. I don't know when I've seen a more blatant case of plagarism.

However, it seems very unlikely that Einstein, whose native language was German, and who used rather precise English, would have used "lot" to quantify courage. It also seems rather unlikely that Einstein, a fairly modest person aside from physics, would post a list of his sayings in his office.

Looks like a fake.

:biggrin Thats free choice,you ability to choose for yourself what you believe.
I choose to believe in the trustworthy experts,not those who call themselves experts with an agenda to support their assumptions with no facts. Many claim to be experts,yet when investigated you find what their true motives are and how they want to believe in what they do despite the evidence that show it's impossible.

:Fade-color Trust in every word of God not man.
fallen Man will lead you away from God.
Christian scientists know how to prove that science doesn't support
evolution,so choose to believe them,don't believe the worldly.

Darwin or Durwin?

:o We cannot let Darwin tell us what science is,or those who believe like him,though they say Darwin did recant and repent,and I for one hope he did,but we cannot let those who believe in evolution interpret science for all of us.Trust in only the trustworthy experts who have earned the trust of the people. A christian life would earn my trust. :Fade-color

Don't ever believe a worldly persons view on such important things.
Christians are warned against hanging out with bad company.
The bible warned us about the fables and fairytales in the last days and they are here now. The world is getting worse,not better.

Thats free choice,you ability to choose for yourself what you believe.

I can't choose for myself what I will believe. I can only believe what I find persuasive. Like most Christians, I know that evolution is consistant with God's creation.

The "Darwin recanted" story is one of the earliest creationist lies. Here's the facts, from a creationist site:

"‘Darwin recanted on his deathbed’. Many people use this story, originally from a Lady Hope. However, it is almost certainly not true, and there is no corroboration from those who were closest to him, even from Darwin’s wife Emma, who never liked evolutionary ideas. Also, even if true, so what? If Ken Ham recanted Creation, would that disprove it? There is no value to this argument whatever."

From "Arguments We Think Creationists Should Not Use" on the "Answers in Genesis" site:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/ar ... nt_use.asp

One of the reasons few Christians accept creationism is that we see so much dishonesty on the part of professional creationists.

blueeyeliner said:
:biggrin Thats free choice,you ability to choose for yourself what you believe.
I choose to believe in the trustworthy experts,not those who call themselves experts with an agenda to support their assumptions with no facts. Many claim to be experts,yet when investigated you find what their true motives are and how they want to believe in what they do despite the evidence that show it's impossible.

You choose to believe only yourself and your own personal intepretation of Scripture. I can't think of an "expert" in the world who is more untrustworthy. Your bolded statement precisely describes you, and it is ironic that you used it to disparage others.

blueeyeliner said:
Trust in every word of God not man.
Amen
And blueeyeliner is part of fallen Man, and she is leading people away from the Truth.
Christian scientists know how to prove that science doesn't support
evolution,
On the contrary, most Christian scientists accept evolution. The ones who don't have a suprising lack of valid peer-reviewed research
so choose to believe them,don't believe the worldly.
Yes, choose to believe The Barbarian and other rational Christians who do not close their eyes to the Truth God has written in nature. Don't believe in one misguided Christian's interpreation of the Bible.

what a bold statement

[/quote] And blueeyeliner is part of fallen Man, and she is leading people away from the Truth.

:o You are making statements that are not true,and on top of it,
you are showing that you make yourself judge of another person who is a christian sister.
Why are you so uptight about what I say?
If you are confident that you are correct,there is no need to accuse me of
such terrible things.
You would instead show evidence to convince others that what you claim is true.
There are plenty of creation YEC scientists who are more than willing to show what the truth is to anyone who wants to know.
We are warned in the bible to be careful of the false teachings that crop up in the last days,and you know if we are warned about these things then what would the new teachings be? Certainly not what the body of Christ normally would accept as truth if we are warned about it!
This is a forum,I am not using it to spread lies,I want to warn people about what is going on,and remind them to stay careful because we won't be the popular crowd,in fact,we will be hated.
What will be the fables and fairytales of the last days?
Certainly not what the bible has always taught.
Colossians 2:8 warns us about philosophy,ect....
We know that the earth was null and void and without form when water was over it before God created life.
Are you saying that all the animals on Noah's ark evolved or that they evolved from the flood. There are no creatures around who has ever evolved out of any kind of flood,or Ocean,ect...... if that is so that they have,we would certainly have seen some by now since Noah!
Common sense and the bible work together,not wishful thinking.

You choose to believe only yourself and your own personal intepretation of Scripture. I can't think of an "expert" in the world who is more untrustworthy. Your bolded statement precisely describes you, and it is ironic that you used it to disparage others.[/quote]

:angel: If I have chosen to believe what I wish to believe and if I lean on my own understanding,why would I be a christian? That makes no sense at all. I am not a christian in name only,and I am not a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe what the bible says without adding to it or taking away from it.
Common sense goes hand and hand with the bible,not what is the latest trend of the times.
We know there will be a great falling away from the true faith,so if there will be a falling away,what will they be falling away from? a new teaching or the old?
I believe we are in the last days,and the new trends are in,and many,many people are believing the trends,but what I have to say might reach a person out there that might need what I say,and I hope all christians will be very careful and watch out because we surely won't be accepted by the world,we will be known as the haters just because we don't agree with the teachings of the world or the one world global church/religion.
The body of Christ is seperate from the world. To be friends with the world,makes you an enemy of God.
Tolerance for everyones religion and everyones faith is going to be another popular teaching,yet there is one problem,it doesn't line up with the bible at all. The bible teaches us not to believe any gospel message that teaches another Jesus other than the one of the Holy Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back