Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, this makes sense. Its silly to throw away perfectly good sandwiches just because of some legal mumbo jumbo.
If a grocer losses power for more then one hour ,he must toss all refrigerated and frozen food,no you know during the hurricanes we don't do that we simply will ride it out ,start up,the generator and move on.

No,food thaws in one hour inside a building

If a grocer losses power for more then one hour ,he must toss all refrigerated and frozen food...

Frozen food at one of the local grocers started to taste a bit funky, so I switched to buying from a different store. There seems to be wide variations in how frozen food is treated by grocers.

Maybe someone will invent a sticker for the side of frozen food packages that stays green if the food has been handled properly, and turns red if the temp was outside of safe parameters for a period of time.

How am I suppose to go to work when my car won't start?, and im out in the farm land, and I have no credit on my phone to text the boss. Hahah.

I pretty much run the battery flat now trying to start it. Dumb car hates cold mornings.

It should start, it's a 2007 turbo diesel ute that's always been serviced. While I can't start my always serviced 2007, someone in there old 1980 rusty datson 120y is on there way to work.

Last edited:
How am I suppose to go to work when my car won't start?, and im out in the farm land, and I have no credit on my phone to text the boss. Hahah.

I pretty much run the battery flat now trying to start it. Dumb car hates cold mornings.

Might be time for a new battery. Might also be a good idea to check out the alternator, and other charging system components. Check for micro shorts somewhere that could be siphoning power. If that doesn't solve the situation, perhaps buy one of those trickle chargers to keep the battery topped off.

Might be time for a new battery. Perhaps buy one of those trickle chargers to keep the battery topped off. Might also be a good idea to check out the alternator, and other charging system components.

The battery is fine, I just ran it down trying to start the stupid thing for the last hour. It just hates cold mornings, I have always had that issue but today first time just won't start. In the day it starts straight away. I don't know what causes it.

It should start, it's a 2007 turbo diesel ute that's always been serviced. While I can't start my always serviced 2007, someone in there old 1980 rusty datson 120y is on there way to work.
Will it turn slowly ?

I used to keep a can of auto starting fluid in my trunk during the winter.
Diesel starting fluid isn't easy to find ,other can't be used for diesel .wd 40,and brake clean will ignite and assists the cold start up.primed a many engines using,that

There might be something that needs attention in addition to your battery, but an old battery is the obvious place to start your troubleshooting. Its time for a new battery anyway, even if something else is going on too.

Diesel starting fluid isn't easy to find ,other can't be used for diesel .wd 40,and brake clean will ignite and assists the cold start up.primed a many engines using,that

Okay, I never owned a diesel. Thanks for the tip.

Although, Amazon or mail order auto specialty probably has it.

It would be a lot cooler if it just started like it's suppose to do.

12 year old cars need tender loving care to keep them going. I learned its less hassle to just keep a fairly new battery in the car, and one of those charging packs in the glove box or trunk for super cold days. Amazon sells charging packs for about $30, that can be used to help get started.

Before charging packs, I used to carry around a spare older battery in the trunk. I remember one cold winter day several cars were stuck in the parking lot. My coworkers helped me hook up the spare battery in my trunk to my regular battery via jumper cables. My car started, and they took the battery from car to car getting others started. We all got home.

Cold days. Extra battery power needed.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, I just wanted to let everyone know there will be no news today. I just got back from visiting my fiancée in prison quite awhile ago, I'm tired from getting up pretty early (and not having as much sleep as I would have liked) and there really isn't all that much I feel like posting today. So I hope that everyone has a wonderful rest of the day and God bless. :biggrin

Back