Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
How am I suppose to go to work when my car won't start?, and im out in the farm land, and I have no credit on my phone to text the boss. Hahah.

I pretty much run the battery flat now trying to start it. Dumb car hates cold mornings.

It should start, it's a 2007 turbo diesel ute that's always been serviced. While I can't start my always serviced 2007, someone in there old 1980 rusty datson 120y is on there way to work.
When I was young, true story,......no I really was young once......no really....OK, anyway. I had this old car and I got up and got ready to go to work like every morning. But when I got in the car, it wouldn't start. I tried and tried. I got out and opened the hood and couldn't fond anything wrong. I got out and thought i'd better call and tell'em I'm gonna be late. I decided to have breakfast. I then went out and started the car right up. "OK" I thought "Tomorrow I'll go to work. No problem" But the next day car won't start in the morning. I call off again. Check car thoroughly. Can't find problem. Afternoon car starts right up. Getting frustrated/scared/mad. 3rd day same thing. Call in but this time ask for Bob, my immediate supervisor. "Bob I swear what I'm about to tell you is true." I tell him what's happening and he doesn't believe me. Tells me "Get to work" "Bob this really is happening and my battery is going dead from trying to start it each morning. "OK.OK he said,,,,,sometimes old cars get dew on their wiring in the mornings and won't start till the afternoon when it's hot and dew evaporates. Get a can of WD-40 and spray it on a rag and wipe down your ignition wiring. I bet you haven't bothered changing those old sparkplugs in years .....have you? i said "Uhhhh how did you know? He replies" Because that sounds just like you and you let those wires get dry and now they attract dew.....Now get to work!" I did as he said....car starts right up. For years, every time I brought that story up, he would just shake his head. True story.

When I was young, true story,......no I really was young once......no really....OK, anyway. I had this old car and I got up and got ready to go to work like every morning. But when I got in the car, it wouldn't start. I tried and tried. I got out and opened the hood and couldn't fond anything wrong. I got out and thought i'd better call and tell'em I'm gonna be late. I decided to have breakfast. I then went out and started the car right up. "OK" I thought "Tomorrow I'll go to work. No problem" But the next day car won't start in the morning. I call off again. Check car thoroughly. Can't find problem. Afternoon car starts right up. Getting frustrated/scared/mad. 3rd day same thing. Call in but this time ask for Bob, my immediate supervisor. "Bob I swear what I'm about to tell you is true." I tell him what's happening and he doesn't believe me. Tells me "Get to work" "Bob this really is happening and my battery is going dead from trying to start it each morning. "OK.OK he said,,,,,sometimes old cars get dew on their wiring in the mornings and won't start till the afternoon when it's hot and dew evaporates. Get a can of WD-40 and spray it on a rag and wipe down your ignition wiring. I bet you haven't bothered changing those old sparkplugs in years .....have you? i said "Uhhhh how did you know? He replies" Because that sounds just like you and you let those wires get dry and now they attract dew.....Now get to work!" I did as he said....car starts right up. For years, every time I brought that story up, he would just shake his head. True story.
Coil packs ,that's older car problem ,many a cars don't even have wires.I repaired a car like that,coil over plugs.they no longer use a distributor most of the time.my Toyota has three coil packs for a six cylinder car

I really feel old now.
Coil packs ,ignition sysystems became more common 20 years ago .mid to late 90s is when they started as the older 4 cylinders were modified to have a pick up coil or cam position sensor .then newer ones had a different cam,crank position sensor set up.

Coil packs ,ignition sysystems became more common 20 years ago .mid to late 90s is when they started as the older 4 cylinders were modified to have a pick up coil or cam position sensor .then newer ones had a different cam,crank position sensor set up.
I think my old hunk of junk was a 74 pontiac....don't rightly remember
maybe 76....dunno for sure

Atlantic said:
The true cause of the surge in homelessness...is the housing crisis in this country, which also began in the 1960s with the elimination of inexpensive urban housing. That gave people, including those who were deinstitutionalized, no other option but to live on the streets.

Homelessness tends to produce PTSD. 90% of the homeless, by one counselor's estimate. Based on her clients.

Zoning gentrification almost everywhere is not victimless.

Here with only the cities of sebestain ,vero to compare ,I really don't see a price difference in,sizes unless on river front but well then again some of these historic houses are listed more then I paid.fellsmere being more farming and it has no gated communities .just big lots.

Its more of a national thing. Back in the day they could construct 1000 sq ft homes for the middle class. Nowadays, many localities indirectly require 1500 plus a monster lot ($404,200 average US new home price). Come on. $402,200.

Habitat For Humanity's $90,000 homes are plenty of house for the average person, and much better than dwelling on the street.

Last edited:
Its more of a national thing. Back in the day they could construct 1000 sq ft homes for the middle class. Nowadays, many localities indirectly require 1500 plus a monster lot ($404,200 average US new home price). Come on. $402,200.

Habitat For Humanity's $90,000 homes are plenty of house for the average person, and much better than dwelling on the street.
Here those are zero lots.not,that the pricier ones arent.the problem I have with habitat is how do they keep insurance down with a wood frame .they use no brick at all .windows must be either missile proof or shutters.man every well had straps,we bolted the walls to the concrete ,then nailed the straps,before decking the walls with plywood.

I will be taking photo of a 1950 era minimal traditionalist set for demo tomorrow .

1cf3ebaca61b959736841a9a80952a46097ccb25.jpeg

That's better then I thought ,the history of this prohibition era gal is that it was a house with homes near it all for the family.bungalow court being a Spanish revival seems to fit all still stand,I have photos of two of the three others

That's better then I thought ,the history of this prohibition era gal is that it was a house with homes near it all for the family.bungalow court being a Spanish revival seems to fit all still stand,I have photos of two of the three others

Spanish style homes are nice. I'm glad they build homes for the average person.

Btw that wasn't a speak easy but several homes near it were .one being less then a mile,

Prohibition didn't work out so well. It reduced alcohol imbibing at first, then it came back underground. A crime wave came with it. Similar to the crime wave today's drug wars are creating.

Spanish style homes are nice. I'm glad they build homes for the average person.
Did.most if these homes I have photos of ,aside from mcm were bought and paid for before any construction occurred.

Most of the homeless who I get accosted by are in fact addicts.I have found beer,needles in for her vamp,areas.not that the cost of housing its a problem .

Back