Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Google maps are getting better. I like them. Especially the street views so that I can familiarize myself with landmarks by turns. Maybe one day they will have real time updates of traffic on the satellite.

I like that pumpkin that turned into a boat.

I'm glad Fox8 was on the job so that house could have Halloween decorations.

May the Lord bless you.
As much as I take photos,these things can be used for criminal activities.especialky if its that updated.

Google maps are getting better. I like them. Especially the street views so that I can familiarize myself with landmarks by turns. Maybe one day they will have real time updates of traffic on the satellite.

I like that pumpkin that turned into a boat.

I'm glad Fox8 was on the job so that house could have Halloween decorations.

May the Lord bless you.

I really liked that pumpkin that the man turned into a boat as well. :) I thought that it was really cool! :cool Speaking of pumpkins I thought that it was extremely ridiculous that the one store pulled all of their black pumpkins just because one man got offended. Tsk! Tsk! :nono In my opinion our nation has got so many snowflakes now that it even snows in the summertime. :nonono

Today's news will be posted later btw, and JohnDB never really did answer my question. He's gone back to being really mysterious again lol! :lol Oh yeah and one more thing about pumpkins,.. I plan to carve mine on Tuesday. :biggrin2

Oh yeah and I'm glad that the man was able to keep his Halloween decorations as well. It should have been obvious to anybody who saw it what they were. :rolleyes

Some advantages and some the opposite.
Google not exactly the best to trust with privacy .in sure you wouldn't want a victim of sexual assault tracked by her assailant as one could use those linked street cameras to trace where they take her or him.

Never mind how China can shut your life down because of posts on social media .could they follow everyone ?no but one person ,yes.

My point in short is how easy it is with simple photos of houses to take money for rentals ,what of live videos that can be used to case property.I used to throw papers if they sat for days i would stop,if I saw them there on my reading routes as no house i threw to was out of the city power or water grid ,I would look closer to see if vacant .I had one in city limits ,zero water consumption.trash never set out.so I wouldn't bother despite being paid to throw it and told the district manager about that.I had a few.imagine if a guy observed that from my town and decided to break in.

...privacy...

At the same time, cameras (ground and satellite) make it much easier to identify perps. Imagine millions of amateur sleuths monitoring cameras to keep their neighborhood safe. Calling 911 if they espy someone at their neighbor's house while they are at work, and going through the video archives to trace the path of a perp who visited their neighborhood. Neighborhood watches like this would multiply the police's ability to identify and catch perps by a magnitude.

At the same time, cameras (ground and satellite) make it much easier to identify perps. Imagine millions of amateur sleuths monitoring cameras to keep their neighborhood safe. Calling 911 if they espy someone at their neighbor's house while they are at work, and going through the video archives to trace the path of a perp who visited their neighborhood. Neighborhood watches like this would multiply the police's ability to identify and catch perps by a magnitude.
If that was the case ,my county crime rate wouldn't include murder on the beach ,or robbery in those gated communities.those have cameras by,the gates and also some guarded .

In order for your idea to work the image has to be clear ,plenty of banks and stores are robbed and the criminals seldom caught .photo quality sucks .if you have to call 911 then you have light to see,even with my camera ,if my truck was in range at 9pm the yellow light wouldn't have produced enough of a good image to catch the tire bandits ,they blew my tire s,granted I have seen cameras that can.

Privacy will be less and less.its not illegal for me to photo your car or house like I do at all.my intent is benign ,as I often take them for history ,or because of athestucs .I was watched when I took that photo of the minimal traditionalist home .I didn't have to trespass.I cab with my camera if you leave windows down see inside.I can post a good example of the interior of brewery where you can see the older pictures of it in the wall.I was 100 ft from it.

Privacy will be less and less.

True. They even have cameras that can watch people walking around in their homes, with the windows closed. They can monitor the electronic transmissions from your house as you type on your computer.

Forget about privacy in the brave new world.

True. They even have cameras that can watch people walking around in their homes, with the windows closed. They can monitor the electronic transmissions from your house as you type on your computer.

Forget about privacy in the brave new world.
I won't ,why read up on how detaching from the tech is healthy for you .

Trust me ,phones and computers do things to our brains ,not always good.

Constant change happens. Just let those of modest means build modest abodes, and more of them will have homes.
On the big island here in Hawai'i people build all kinds of unpermitted abodes. Some are just small storage sheds converted to dwellings. For the most part no interference by the local authority.

Hello everyone welcome to another edition of today's news. :) We have a very short report today so then let's get right to it shall we? :salute

First of all this isn't really newsworthy but still,.. me love Halloween! :biggrin

And a circus bear attacked its handler during a show earlier this week. Here's more of the horrifying details. :shock (And one of the reasons that I believe that wild animals shouldn't be in circuses. :nono)

Also one family in Cleveland Ohio is hoping that their stolen pig goes wee, wee, wee all the way home. Here's more on the story and I hope and pray that Larva comes home soon and whoever stole her is brought to justice. :)

Finally in today's news a hunter was severely injured (and later died) when the buck he thought that he shot and killed attacked to him. Here's more on the story and my thoughts and prayers go towards his friends and family members. :pray

That's all for today's news! Have a wonderful weekend everybody and God's blessings on you. :biggrin2

Typical, I just get back to my home town and the cops are chasing a car with blown out windows, and there is armed defenders everywhere.

Then when I was just entering the town on the main road I seen the most dangerous thing I have ever seen on the road, a van towing a truck on 3 wheels with sparks flying everywhere because half the truck was just metal scraping on the road, I thought it was on fire, and when they got to the stop lights they had to run up the curb because it obviously had no breaks.

Some people are so dumb.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back