Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

INDIVIDUALS VS THE MAJORITY

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Judges Chapter 8

- The men of Ephraim are angry because they were not called to fight against Midian!

- But Gideon tells them God gave them Midian’s princes before so what he did was nothing compared to them!

- And they calm down!

- Gideon and his 300 men are tired but they keep pursuing their enemies!

- And he asks the men of Succoth and of Peruel for bread but they refuse so he tells them that when he has finished what he is doing, he will come after them!

- When he comes back, he captures and interrogates a young man from Succoth and he gets rid of Succoth and Peruel!

- Then the men of Israel wants Gideon to rule over Israel and his descendants!

- But he refuses saying God is the ruler of Israel!

- But then Gideon asks for gold and makes Ephod and all Israel commits spiritual prostitution and it becomes a snare to Gideon and to his household!

- Then Israel has rest for 40 years in the days of Gideon!

- Gideon becomes father of 70 sons because he has many wives!

- As soon as Gideon dies, Israel commits spiritual prostitution!

- And they forget God and Gideon and his household!

- I HAVE NO WORDS TO SPEAK ABOUT SUCH A DEGREE OF SHAME!

- HOW MANY PEOPLE DO REALLY READ THE BIBLE!
a) Many millions of people read the Bible.
b) I think that you are writing about "such a degree of shame", but your message is hidden.

- My answer :

- Good reading !

- When I read the Bible, I want to tell what I learn like a fire which never stops !

- I have heard so many times that the Hebrews were a special people !

- How is it possible to say that ?

- How is it possible to be so blind ?

- And I am not speaking about individuals because there are such incredible examples of faith in the Bible, it is hard to believe when we see what’s on today !

- It is the same with Job !

- How is it possible to speak against Job thinking as if he was living today ?

- My answer :

- Good reading !

- When I read the Bible, I want to tell what I learn like a fire which never stops !

- I have heard so many times that the Hebrews were a special people !

- How is it possible to say that ?

- How is it possible to be so blind ?

- And I am not speaking about individuals because there are such incredible examples of faith in the Bible, it is hard to believe when we see what’s on today !

- It is the same with Job !

- How is it possible to speak against Job thinking as if he was living today ?
Regarding the Hebrews being a special people, of course they are. The Bible is filled with that truth. You need to read Romans 11, or the whole Bible for that matter.

Here are some facts for you to think about. 1) Jesus was a Jew. 2) The entire Bible, with the sole exception of Luke's gospel, was written by Jews. 3) The church was founded by Jews; Gentiles came in later.

How is it possible for you to be so blind?

- My answer:

- Thus this thread has the appropriate name!

- Individuals vs the majority!

- Individuals are different from the majority!

- The majority is the same through man’s history!

- If we read carefully the Bible, God has a special relationship with individuals not with the majority!

- The Bible shows us that only individuals are faithful servants of God!

- If you listen carefully to Jesus, he says he has never seen the faith he sees with non Jews compared to Jews!

- You can read the Torah!

- You can read Joshua!

- You can read Judges!

- You can read Samuel!

- You can read Kings!

- You can read Chronicles!

- You can reads Daniel’s prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem!

- You will always get individuals vs the majority!

- My answer:

- Thus this thread has the appropriate name!

- Individuals vs the majority!

- Individuals are different from the majority!

- The majority is the same through man’s history!

- If we read carefully the Bible, God has a special relationship with individuals not with the majority!

- The Bible shows us that only individuals are faithful servants of God!

- If you listen carefully to Jesus, he says he has never seen the faith he sees with non Jews compared to Jews!

- You can read the Torah!

- You can read Joshua!

- You can read Judges!

- You can read Samuel!

- You can read Kings!

- You can read Chronicles!

- You can reads Daniel’s prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem!

- You will always get individuals vs the majority!
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The Jews, a.k.a., the Israelites are God's chosen people. Romans 11:1a, " I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means!"

The book of Exodus alone proves the principle of God's people. Here are just a few references...

Exodus 3:10, "Now go, I am sending you [Moses[ to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt.”
Exodus 5:1, "Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Let my people go, so that they may celebrate a festival to me in the wilderness.”
Exodus 6:7, "I will take you as my people, and I will be your God. You shall know that I am the Lord your God, who has freed you from the burdens of the Egyptians.
Exodus 7:4, "When Pharaoh does not listen to you, I will lay my hand upon Egypt and bring my people the Israelites, company by company, out of the land of Egypt by great acts of judgment.
Exodus 8:1, "Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord: Let my people go, so that they may serve me."
Exodus 8:23, "Thus I will make a distinction between my people and your people"
Exodus 9:1, "Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of the Hebrews: Let my people go, so that they may serve me."
Exodus 9:13, "Then the Lord said to Moses, “Rise up early in the morning and present yourself before Pharaoh and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of the Hebrews: Let my people go, so that they may serve me."
Exodus 9:17, "You are still exalting yourself against my people by not letting them go."
Exodus 10:3-4, "So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, “Thus says the Lord, the God of the Hebrews: How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, so that they may serve me. For if you refuse to let my people go, tomorrow I will bring locusts into your country."
Exodus 15:13, "In your steadfast love you led the people whom you redeemed; you guided them by your strength to your holy abode."
Exodus 15:16, "Terror and dread fell upon them; by the might of your arm, they became still as a stone until your people, O Lord, passed by, until the people whom you acquired passed by."
Exodus 19:5, "Now, therefore, if you obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession out of all the peoples. Indeed, the whole earth is mine,"

So, that is just a selection. There are many ither places in the Bible where clearly and obviously, God has a relationship with His people, not just individuals.

Of course, in the New Covenant, Christians -- believing Jews and Gentiles -- are God's people.

Romans 11:1-2a, "I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. "

Romans 11:11-16, "So I ask, have they stumbled so as to fall? By no means! But through their stumbling salvation has come to the gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their stumbling means riches for the world and if their loss means riches for gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you gentiles. Inasmuch as I am an apostle to the gentiles, I celebrate my ministry in order to make my own people jealous and thus save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as first fruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; and if the root is holy, then the branches also are holy."

Romans 11:11-16, "So I ask, have they stumbled so as to fall? By no means! But through their stumbling salvation has come to the gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their stumbling means riches for the world and if their loss means riches for gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you gentiles. Inasmuch as I am an apostle to the gentiles, I celebrate my ministry in order to make my own people jealous and thus save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as first fruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; and if the root is holy, then the branches also are holy."

Clearly, your claim that "If we read carefully the Bible, God has a special relationship with individuals not with the majority!" is totally false.

- My answer:

- First do you remember what happened with the golden calf (Exodus 32 specially verses 7 to 10!

- God wants to eliminate Israel and they only escape destruction because of Moses who calms God but they will pay a high price!

- You can have a second look at Deuteronomy 9!

- Second let’s have a look at Numbers 13 and 14, when 12 spies are sent into Canaan!

- Once again God wants to destroy completely Israel and make a great nation out of Moses!

- And once again Moses saves Israel but all will die in the desert and only the youngsters will get into Canaan!

- And Joshua and Caleb who were among the 12 spies!

- And God prevents Israel to get rid of the Canaanites to test them and to use them against Israel when they rebel!

- Third, in Judges, Israel gets all the time in trouble because they commit spiritual prostitution against God!

- And each time, God gets a savior to save them but when he dies, they go away from God again and again and again…!

- Fourth, in Samuel they reject God as their king and they ask for a human king!

- And it will only get worse and worse!

- Fifth, Jerusalem was destroyed twice!

- Sixth, have a look at Daniel’s prayer of confession in Daniel 9 and God’s answer about the restoration of Jerusalem and its DESTRUCTION!
- It seems to be we are not reading the same Bible!

- My answer:

- First do you remember what happened with the golden calf (Exodus 32 specially verses 7 to 10!

- God wants to eliminate Israel and they only escape destruction because of Moses who calms God but they will pay a high price!

- You can have a second look at Deuteronomy 9!

- Second let’s have a look at Numbers 13 and 14, when 12 spies are sent into Canaan!

- Once again God wants to destroy completely Israel and make a great nation out of Moses!

- And once again Moses saves Israel but all will die in the desert and only the youngsters will get into Canaan!

- And Joshua and Caleb who were among the 12 spies!

- And God prevents Israel to get rid of the Canaanites to test them and to use them against Israel when they rebel!

- Third, in Judges, Israel gets all the time in trouble because they commit spiritual prostitution against God!

- And each time, God gets a savior to save them but when he dies, they go away from God again and again and again…!

- Fourth, in Samuel they reject God as their king and they ask for a human king!

- And it will only get worse and worse!

- Fifth, Jerusalem was destroyed twice!

- Sixth, have a look at Daniel’s prayer of confession in Daniel 9 and God’s answer about the restoration of Jerusalem and its DESTRUCTION!
- It seems to be we are not reading the same Bible!

We are both reading the same Bible but only one of us is reading with understanding. God has not rejected His people.

You are preaching anti-Semitism!

- My answer:

- Maybe English is not clear enough!

- Maybe you should check the original text to understand!

- Maybe our discussion will help people to understand!

- Maybe people will check by themselves what is written in the Bible!

- It only shows that people need to check by themselves what is written!

- My answer:

- Maybe English is not clear enough!

- Maybe you should check the original text to understand!

- Maybe our discussion will help people to understand!

- Maybe people will check by themselves what is written in the Bible!

- It only shows that people need to check by themselves what is written!
People do indeed need to check for themselves. They can start right here: Romans 11:1-2a, "I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew."

That is perfectly clear! God has not rejected His people!

Judges Chapter 9

- After the death of Gideon, one of his sons Abimelech proposes to his brotheres to rule over them!

- So they give him 70 pieces of silver!

- He uses the money to hire men and kills all his brothers with one stone except Jotham his youngest brother who hides!

- Then Jotham speaks to the leaders of Shechem!

- He asks them if they acted sincerely in making Abimelech king taking into account what his father did for them!

- Because Abimelech’s mother is Gideon’s slave girl!

- Then Jotham flees!

- And Abimelech rules over Israel for 3 years!

- To avenge the killing of Gideon’s sons, God lets hostility develop between Abimelech and the leaders of Shechem!

- Then they fight together and Abimelech killed all the men of Shechem and destroys the city!

- But when Abimelech attacks the city of thebez!

- There a woman throws a millstone on him and crushes his skull!

- And he asks his attendant to kill him so nobody can say a woman killed him!

- So the attendant kills him!

- Then all the men of Israel go back home!

- Finally God repays Abimelech and the men of Shechem for the evil they had done!

- Thus even if it takes time, God always repays those who do evil!

- When you go against God, he will repay each one according to what he did or not!

- Once again we have a warning!

- When time arrives for God to repay those who deserve it, it is no time to cry or weep!

- And it happens so many times till God finally rejected Israel!

- Remember Daniel’s prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem in spite of its mountain of sins against God!

- And God’s answer: THE RESTORATION OF JERUSALEM AND ITS DESTRUCTION!

- THE MESSAGE SEEMS CLEAR BUT NOT FOR EVERYBODY!

Judges Chapter 10

- And Tola judged Israel for 23 years!

- And Jair judged Israel for 22 years!

- And again Israel committed spiritual prostitution!

- And God gave them into the hands of the philistines and the Ammonites!

- For 18 years!

- And finally they called to God for help!

- But God told them GO AWAY!

- So they removed the foreign gods from their midst and served God!

- And then the Ammonites prepared to fight again against Israel!

Judges Chapter 11

- And Jephthah was the son of a prostitute!

- And he became a mighty warrior!

- And the elders of Gilead asked Jephthah to become their commander!

- Jephthah made a vow to God!

- If God was to give the Ammonites in Jephthah’s hands, the one coming out of the door of his house would become God’s!

- And Jephthah won and he took the control of 20 cities!

- When he came back home, his daughter came out to meet him!

- She was his only child!

- She would stay a virgin and served God!

- And it became a tradition on Israel, from year to year, the young women of Israel would go to give commendation to Jephthah’s daughter four days in the year!

Judges Chapter 11

- And Jephthah was the son of a prostitute!

- And he became a mighty warrior!

- And the elders of Gilead asked Jephthah to become their commander!

- Jephthah made a vow to God!

- If God was to give the Ammonites in Jephthah’s hands, the one coming out of the door of his house would become God’s!

- And Jephthah won and he took the control of 20 cities!

- When he came back home, his daughter came out to meet him!

- She was his only child!

- She would stay a virgin and served God!

- And it became a tradition on Israel, from year to year, the young women of Israel would go to give commendation to Jephthah’s daughter four days in the year!
Why do you keep posting everything in bold font? - And why do you precede every line with a hyphen? It is annoying!

- First time somebody says that!

- Simply to make it clearer and to show that's my writing and nothing else!

- That's my personal touch!

- You can't say people what they must do or not!

- But you can say you don't like it!

- That's your right!

- And I have posted so many threads that way!

Judges Chapter 12

- The men of Ephraim are angry because Jephthah didn’t call them to fight against the Ammonites!

- They want to burn Jephthah’s house with him in it!

- But he says he called to them for help but they did not save him from their hands!

- So he went against the Ammonites with God’s help!

- So Gilead fights against Ephraim and Gilead wins!

- And the men of Gilead pursue them!

- To know they were from Ephraim they just had to ask them to pronounce a word they were unable to pronunce correctly!

- Finally 42,000 men were killed!

- Ephraim was a son of Joseph!

- Once again you can be a good person and tries to educate correctly your children but it doesn’t mean they will keep on the right track!

- That’s free will!

- Like Adam and Eve!

- The only difference is that they were perfect!

- And Jephthah judges Israel for six years and he dies!

- Then Ibzan judges Israel for seven years!

- And Elon judges Israel for ten years!

- And Abdon judges Israel for eight years!

Judges Chapter 13

- Israel goes back to spiritual prostitution!

- And God gives them into the hands of the Philistines for 40 years!

- And God ‘s angel appeared to Manoah’s wife who was barren and childless!

- And he told her she was going to have a child!

- But she couldn’t drink alcohol or eat anything unclean!

- Because he was to become a Nazirite of God from birth!

- And he was to save Israel from the Philistines!

- And he was called SAMSON!

Judges Chapter 14

- Samson wants to marry a Philistine woman!

- In fact, God is looking for an opportunity against the Philistines who are ruling over Israel!

- On one occasion, Samson kills a lion with his bare hands thanks to God’s spirit!

- Later on when he looks at the dead body of the lion, he sees a swarm of bees and honey!

- Then he takes it and eats it!

- And he gives some to his parents!

- Then Samson has a banquet with 30 groommen!

- He asks them a riddle!

- If they get the answer he will give them 30 linen garments and 30 outfits of clothing!

- But they don’t know so they ask his philistine woman to trick her husband Samson otherwise they will burn her and her father’s house!

- So they can answer his riddle and Samson is furious because he knows they have tricked him!

- So he kills 30 Philistines and gives them their garments!

- And Samson’s wife is given to one of his groomsmen who has accompanied him!

Judges Chapter 15

- As a consequence, Samson gets 300 foxes and takes torches and turns the foxes tail to tail and puts one torch between each pair of tails and he sets fire to the torches and sends the foxes out into the fields of the Philistines!

- Then he sets on fire everything from sheaf to standing grain and the vineyards and the olive groves!

- Then the Philistines burn samson’s wife and her father!

- Then he kills many Philistines!

- So 3,000 men of Judah capture and bound Samson!

- When they give him to the Philistines, God’s spirit empowers him and he frees him and he takes a jawbone and kills 1,000 Philistines!

- And Samson judges Israel for 20 years!

Judges Chapter 16

- Samson goes to Gaza and goes with a prostitute!

- Then the Gazites are told about Samson and surround him and lay an ambush to kill him!

- But Samson gets up at midnight and grabs the doors of the city gate and the two side posts and puts everything on his shoulders!

- Later He fells in love with a woman called Delilah!

- Then the lords of the philistines tell her to trick Samson and find out the source of his power and how to take it away!

- In exchange they are ready to give her a fortune!

- But Samson doesn’t tell her the truth about his strength so when the Philistines try to capture him he can free himself!

- Then the philistines try too capture him but it still doesn’t work because he didn’t tell the truth to Delilah!

- Then a third time it happens the same!

- Finally he tells her the truth and she cuts his hair and he loses his strength!

- And the Philistines captures him and bore his eyes out!

- And they put him in prison!

- Later his hair grows again!

- And the Philistines offer a great sacrifice to their god Dagon because of Samson!

- And they take Samson out of his prison to make fun of him!

- And they make him stand between the pillars of the temple!

- And Samson asks a boy to bring him to the pillars that support the temple!

- 3,000 Philistines are present!

- And Samson asks God to give him back his strength and die and kill the Philistines!

- And Samson takes away the pillars and he kills more Philistines than during his whole life!

Judges Chapter 17

- There was a man called Micah!

- And he gave back to her 1,100 silver pieces!

- She took 200 silver pieces and gave it to the silversmith to make a carved image and a metal statue to put in micah’s house because he had a house of gods!

- Micah had one of his sons to serve as priests for him!

- There was no king in Israel and everyone was doing what was right in his own eyes!

- A Levite was looking for a place to live so Micah told him to stay with him and served as a father and priest to him!

- And the young man became like one of his sons!

- Then Micah knew that God would bless him!

- Does it remind you of something: AND EVERYONE WAS DOING WHAT WAS RIGHT IN HIS OWN EYES!

Back