Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is believing/faith a work ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah, Im going by what you posted. You said that a person isnt right with God until they do something, that something being placing their faith in Jesus. Thats works !

Yeah, so . . . you selectively remember what I've written, and since I don't care to waste my time with senseless repeats, you'll have to move onto the next question. :biggrin

Im glad you admit that, even though Im not glad you believe that, because it means you deny the saving efficacy of Christs death which is not good friend.

You are a very confused person regarding what I believe, and that's amazing, considering that I am right here to clarify before you judge my heart.

But then again, I enjoy people misjudging me. Unlike most who are offended, I am entertained. :)

God on the other hand, He may not be so thrilled with such false judgments. Like I said, it's ok with me, though. Have fun! :)

Faith is a fruit of regeneration. Gal 5:22
You do not need to have the Spirit in you for the Spirit of truth to solicit faith in a person. In fact that's exactly what the Holy Spirit does when He testifies to the world about the truth of Jesus. He does that so that lost people can then place their trust in that which the Spirit has proven to them is true about Jesus.

But even if you don't want to accept that, as I'm sure you won't, most interpretations interpret the fruit of the Spirit as FAITHFULNESS, not faith.

Yeah, Im going by what you posted. You said that a person isnt right with God until they do something, that something being placing their faith in Jesus. Thats works !
Since when is trusting in Jesus a work that can not justify??????????

Paul makes it clear that trusting in Jesus is the very thing that DOES justify! That is how Abraham was justified. He believed God. But you have him and the rest of us being justified by NOTHING for fear that ANYTHING you do is you trying to save yourself in a works gospel, even believing in God. That's not the definition of the works gospel! I'm not aware of a single scripture that says justification is by NOTHING. I know several that say it is by BELIEVING. And I'm not aware of a single scripture that says the works gospel is when you do ANYTHING to be justified.

You do not need to have the Spirit in you for the Spirit of truth to solicit faith in a person.

That's what my Bibles teach . . . all of them. :)

John 6:44 NIV - 44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day."

Of course, I believe that the Spirit is God, for the Lord sends His Spirit to His Elect.

Acts 2:17 NIV - 17 "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

You do not need to have the Spirit in you for the Spirit of truth to solicit faith in a person. In fact that's exactly what the Holy Spirit does when He testifies to the world about the truth of Jesus. He does that so that lost people can then place their trust in that which the Spirit has proven to them is true about Jesus.

But even if you don't want to accept that, as I'm sure you won't, most interpretations interpret the fruit of the Spirit as FAITHFULNESS, not faith.
I believe the scripture teaches that Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, now if you believe otherwise, thats on you.

Since when is trusting in Jesus a work that can not justify??????????

Paul makes it clear that trusting in Jesus is the very thing that DOES justify! That is how Abraham was justified. He believed God. But you have him and the rest of us being justified by NOTHING for fear that ANYTHING you do is you trying to save yourself in a works gospel, even believing in God. That's not the definition of the works gospel! I'm not aware of a single scripture that says justification is by NOTHING. I know several that say it is by BELIEVING. And I'm not aware of a single scripture that says the works gospel is when you do ANYTHING to be justified.
Since trusting is something, you do. If you believe you are saved by what you do, its works

Since trusting is something, you do. If you believe you are saved by what you do, its works

I believe that I am saved by four basic elements, or Works of Christ.

1) The Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, the removal of the Curse of the Lord.
2) Jesus grants the ability to turn and Repent and the Elect cry out "Abba Father", thus they [will] turn and change.
3) Jesus sends the Indwelling Holy Spirit to lead and guide, to interface between the Elect and God.
4) Jesus paid the penalty for my sin and the fact that I was Cursed by the Father, and also because I believe in Christ and the Power that raised Him from the grave.

None of that has anything to do with me.

It is absolutely amazing how you formulated, in your own little space, that I believe in works/salvation.

Next time . . . stop yourself and reconsider before you write.

The KJV says "Faith" . . .

Galatians 5:22 KJV - "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith . . ."

brightfame52 wins! :biggrin
Friend its not about me trying to win anything, but to speak the truth in love. Now the NT phrase " The Just shall live by Faith" is actually out of the OT Prophets Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Now several translations have rendered the verse as so:

Look at the proud; his soul is not straight or right within him, but the [rigidly] just and the [uncompromisingly] righteous man shall live by his faith and in his faithfulness. AMPC

“Look at the proud person. He is not right in himself. But the righteous person will live because of his faithfulness.GW

Look at the proud person. He is not right in himself. But the righteous person will live because of his faithfulness.NOG

4 Lo, a presumptuous one! Not upright is his soul within him, And the righteous by his stedfastness liveth.YLT

So the point is this, Gal 5:22 means both Faith and faithfulness, see Faithfulness is the extended habit of living by Faith. Its still the fruit of the Spirit.

2Tg

None of that has anything to do with me.

But you are inconsistent since you turn around and say, no one is saved until they place their trust in Christ, which is something you did.

And you flat out deny that Christs death for one in and of itself Justified/saved them. So that's inconsistent

2Tg

But you are inconsistent since you turn around and say, no one is saved until they place their trust in Christ, which is something you did.

And you flat out deny that Christs death for one in and of itself Justified/saved them. So that's inconsistent

I have told you more than once that I was empowered to believe. This is the Effect of Christ. The Effect is crying out Abba Father. But this is not from the self . . . this is caused by God.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to express these things in a way that will allow you to understand.

Galatians 4:6 NKJV - "And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

Those who are Powerfully Indwelt by the Holy Spirit will cry out, "Abba, Father!" for they cannot help it. Anyone who has felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, which is Peace and Love, they cannot deny Him. It is impossible to deny God when He has allowed His Elect to Know Him, or, should I say, Known [by] Him.

2tg

I have told you more than once that I was empowered to believe.

Understood, but you say one isnt saved until after you have done the believing. So you admit out of your own mind that getting saved ultimately depends on on what you have done.

At best ones believing is a work of righteousness and scripture clearly says Titus 3:5

5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back