Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is believing/faith a work ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'll give you one set of remarkable Scriptures:

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."
How is a person assured they have this circumcision?

How is a person assured they have this circumcision?

That's a great question.

In looking at the text, one ought to conclude that a person should feel complete. A person ought to also feel a significant psychological change, as the driving factor for sin has been removed and disassociated from that person's spirit/heart. Just as Adam and Eve felt the effects of their added Sinful Nature, we should feel the opposite, which is the release of those effects. This is also known as being held captive by Satan to do his will. Jesus referred to this relationship as father and son . . . scary.

The Scripture tells us that the water baptism reflected the death and buriel with and in Christ, that a person is raised to New Life. The text states that a person transfers from death to life from this Spiritual Circumcision, and this is the release from "prison," or "Babylon," or "Egypt."

Leviticus 26:13 NLT - "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so you would no longer be their slaves. I broke the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk with your heads held high."

We are also told that victory over Satan has been achieved, and this by the Right Hand of Salvation, who is Christ. When this victory has been granted, we should feel the release of this unholy prison. Just as a prisoner is likely thrilled to be released to the streets again, one held prisoner by Satan to do his will should also feel such a release when granted by Christ.

This is what Paul is referencing in Romans 2 as he discussed being Transformed by the renewing of our minds; the change by which we think. We will change. If we are granted the Divine Nature, we WILL change.

2 Peter 1:4 NLT - "And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."

Another way of discussing the Circumcision of Christ is through discussing the Veil of Moses.

2 Corinthians 3:13-18 NLT - "We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. 14 But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. 15 Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand. 16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."

Understanding that the removal of the Veil is the same thing as the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, this should help to tie in several Biblical factors in one full swoop. This stuff is beautiful when it gets into your soul. The scope of the entire Bible is about to change if you embrace these Scriptures.

That's a great question.

In looking at the text, one ought to conclude that a person should feel complete. A person ought to also feel a significant psychological change, as the driving factor for sin has been removed and disassociated from that person's spirit/heart. Just as Adam and Eve felt the effects of their added Sinful Nature, we should feel the opposite, which is the release of those effects. This is also known as being held captive by Satan to do his will. Jesus referred to this relationship as father and son . . . scary.

The Scripture tells us that the water baptism reflected the death and buriel with and in Christ, that a person is raised to New Life. The text states that a person transfers from death to life from this Spiritual Circumcision, and this is the release from "prison," or "Babylon," or "Egypt."

Leviticus 26:13 NLT - "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so you would no longer be their slaves. I broke the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk with your heads held high."

We are also told that victory over Satan has been achieved, and this by the Right Hand of Salvation, who is Christ. When this victory has been granted, we should feel the release of this unholy prison. Just as a prisoner is likely thrilled to be released to the streets again, one held prisoner by Satan to do his will should also feel such a release when granted by Christ.

This is what Paul is referencing in Romans 2 as he discussed being Transformed by the renewing of our minds; the change by which we think. We will change. If we are granted the Divine Nature, we WILL change.

2 Peter 1:4 NLT - "And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."

Another way of discussing the Circumcision of Christ is through discussing the Veil of Moses.

2 Corinthians 3:13-18 NLT - "We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. 14 But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. 15 Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand. 16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."

Understanding that the removal of the Veil is the same thing as the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ, this should help to tie in several Biblical factors in one full swoop. This stuff is beautiful when it gets into your soul. The scope of the entire Bible is about to change if you embrace these Scriptures.
Why does a person have to believe in Reformed doctrine to have assurance that they are circumcised in Christ? Connect the dots for me. Use scripture to keep it short and to the point.

Is making a decision a work ?

Yes to make a decision is a work, no not a physical activity you do with say your hands, arms, legs or body muscles and mass, but a mental work, labor. Lets take for instance a person who may be on a sodium restriction, and they're in a grocery store about to buy a can of soup. They observe many different soup labels on the shelf, so they began to read the nutrition contents as it pertains to sodium. They see a can with the label reading 110 mg sodium, a can reading 220 mg sodium, and one reading 550 mg sodium, which can of soup should they purchase ? To say the least a decision has to be made. How is that decision derived ? You must think, consider , weigh the pros and cons, which all are mental activities of the mind, its mental work, it takes mental exertion effort to do this. Now so it is when its being taught that a person , in order to get saved, they must make a decision for Christ !25

Yes, believing in Christ is a Work from God, lest I should be allowed to boast of my Powerful decision that brings forth my own Eternal Life.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NLT - "The LORD your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

There is a purpose behind God granting His Elect a new heart and spirit . . . it is so that they will Love Him exactly as He would desire. And thus it is the New Heart and Spirit within a person that is Enabled to "choose," for we were first Loved and Chosen by Him.

If it weren't for God, I would have never "chosen" Him, for He first chose and Enabled me to "choose" Him.

Yes, believing in Christ is a Work from God, lest I should be allowed to boast of my Powerful decision that brings forth my own Eternal Life.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NLT - "The LORD your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

There is a purpose behind God granting His Elect a new heart and spirit . . . it is so that they will Love Him exactly as He would desire. And thus it is the New Heart and Spirit within a person that is Enabled to "choose," for we were first Loved and Chosen by Him.

If it weren't for God, I would have never "chosen" Him, for He first chose and Enabled me to "choose" Him.
People who are already saved don't need to get saved.

Enabled you to choose Him ? So were you saved before you chose Him ?

Enabled you to choose Him ? So were you saved before you chose Him ?

Well, I would say that Christ Circumcises the Sinful Nature away from a person's heart so that, by the heart's renewal, a person is thereby Enabled to Choose the Lord. If a person remains under the Curse of the Lord, they are held captive by the Devil to do his will. Choosing Christ is not within the will of Satan. To be released from that unholy control of the Devil, Christ performs His Holy Circumcision. Once freed, a person is capable of making the obvious choice, which is Christ.

Well, I would say that Christ Circumcises the Sinful Nature away from a person's heart so that, by the heart's renewal, a person is thereby Enabled to Choose the Lord. If a person remains under the Curse of the Lord, they are held captive by the Devil to do his will. Choosing Christ is not within the will of Satan. To be released from that unholy control of the Devil, Christ performs His Holy Circumcision. Once freed, a person is capable of making the obvious choice, which is Christ.
You sound confusing, were you saved regenerated, before you believed on Christ ? In other words, did you believe in Christ as an evidence that you were in a saved state of spiritual life and regeneration ? Yes or no please

You sound confusing, were you saved regenerated, before you believed on Christ ? In other words, did you believe in Christ as an evidence that you were in a saved state of spiritual life and regeneration ? Yes or no please

I'm sorry that you're confused. I hope that perhaps I can explain things in a way that is understandable.

I thought I believed in Jesus, but when God Powerfully chose me, that's when I realized that I had not actually chosen Him. Once my heart had been cleansed of the Sinful Nature, that was when I was able to actually and Truly believe.

I first began being a part of the "church" while I was in my mother's womb. I have never strayed from the "church." And so, I have always considered myself to be a True Christian. But, I wasn't. Christ hadn't yet Redeemed me from the Curse which indicates Spiritual death. Once that Curse was lifted, that's when I was Enabled to Spiritually See, Hear, and Walk. What happened to me is exactly what the Lord says He will do for His Elect:

Ezekiel 36:25-27 NLT - "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations."

All True Christians will have Regenerated Hearts that will identify with the Ezekiel passages above, and the many others like it.

My belief in Christ is the evidence of God's Almighty, Raw, Power . . . that is all. My Salvation is entirely the Work of God and none of myself. If it were not for God, I wouldn't not be Saved.

Paul makes it clear that believing is not a source of boast that it should somehow be considered a work of self righteousness.

Romans 3:26-28
26He did this to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and to justify the one who has faith in Jesus.

27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of works? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

So stop saying believing is a work of self righteous boast. It is not. Paul said so.

Paul makes it clear that believing is not a source of boast that it should somehow be considered a work of self righteousness.

I didn't say things clearly. I should have said that the Power, or ability to choose Christ, is a Work of God. As one who is held captive by the Devil to do his will, choosing God goes against the will of the Devil, so that choice cannot be made until Christ has Redeemed a person from their Evil "Old" Mind . . . the Mind of Satan.

So stop saying believing is a work of self righteous boast.

Well, aren't you a bold, controlling one. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back