Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Calvinism good theology? Is it Biblical?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
he main problem with calvinism doctrinally is OSAS
The real problem as usual is that you do not understand Calvinism. We call it the perseverance of the Saints. I think Once Born again always born again would be a better way of saying it.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Jude 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy,

It's not "once make a profession and you are saved forever," it is being born of God and being made to stand.
and lack of understanding of Gods soverign purpose in creation which they partly do not yet understand
Tell us what is or was God's purpose in Creation?

The real problem as usual is that you do not understand Calvinism. We call it the perseverance of the Saints. I think Once Born again always born again would be a better way of saying it.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Jude 24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy,

It's not "once make a profession and you are saved forever," it is being born of God and being made to stand.

Tell us what is or was God's purpose in Creation?
The thing with these old threads is that many, if not all, of the users are no longer active.

Sweet, I may finally win an argument and get the last word.
... .any way to apply this to my marriage ???
I highly recommend not bringing up old topics in marriage that you think you can still win.

Back