Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is it Wrong to Think About Hell All the Time?

Eliminate eternal punishment you eliminate the gospel, its that simple.. What you'll end up with is another gospel and it won't be the gospel of Jesus Christ it will be the gospel of Atheistic Humanism..

tob

Eliminate eternal punishment you eliminate the gospel, its that simple.. What you'll end up with is another gospel and it won't be the gospel of Jesus Christ it will be the gospel of Atheistic Humanism..

tob
The eternal punishment is death, just as the Bible says. You don't understand the gospel that you are arguing against. Nobody is suggesting that there is no eternal punishment. There just is no eternal conscious torment or torture. According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death. If you add torture to the gospel, you have changed the gospel.

eternal punishment is eternal punishment eternal hell fire is eternal hell fire..

tob
According to the Bible, the punishment for sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ. The eternal punishment is death, not eternal conscious torment.

tob
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his! commandments, John 14:1-15 ,
◄ John 14:1 ►
Context
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3“If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4“And you know the way where I am going.” 5Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Oneness with the Father

7“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

8Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. 11“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. 12“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13“Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14“If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

15“If you love Me, you will keep My! commandments.

http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/7-9.htm

According to the Bible, the punishment for sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ. The eternal punishment is death, not eternal conscious torment.

According to what bible? Jesus says in verse 41 its eternal fire.. maybe your using another version? What does your version say?

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

tob

The title of this thread.. "Is it wrong to think about hell all the time"

We don't think about hell all of the time, for those of us that are saved we know we aren't going there..

tob

The title of this thread.. "Is it wrong to think about hell all the time"

We don't think about hell all of the time, for those of us that are saved we know we aren't going there..

tob
Same post in #67

No! , I don't think of Hell all the time, but I think to each its own idea of that place esp. if a person think for some reason, that they are going there, and bringing other people with them also! I think it would be a good idea to know for yourself of a Hell.

But in the book of Matthew 11:25-30 as we can read about who are we suppose to follow in life I Pet. 2:21 then I think you will see what to think about all the time. And you would know for sure what to think about:
http://genius.com/1733758/Holy-bibl...-if-there-be-any-praise-think-on-these-things

Last edited:
Same post in #67

No! , I don't think of Hell all the time, but I think to each its own idea of that place esp. if a person think for some reason, that they are going there, and bringing other people with them also! I think it would be a good idea to know for yourself of a Hell.

But in the book of Matthew 11:25-30 as we can read about who are we suppose to follow in life I Pet. 2:21 then I think you will see what to think about all the time. And you would know for sure what to think about:
http://genius.com/1733758/Holy-bibl...-if-there-be-any-praise-think-on-these-things
Yes,I think it is very important to know what exactly the Bible teaches about hell and it sure does say that it is eternal conscious punishment in hell.

What is death? What is eternal life?

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is death? What is eternal life?

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I would say that death is when this short journey has ended on this Earth.Eternal life where the soul and the body spend eternity.A true born again believer spends eternal life in heaven and the unbeliever spends their eternal life in hell.And eternal is a very,very long time.Never ending.While we are on this earth we make a choice of which place we want to go.

It would have been so easy for you to say "I guess the Bible really doesn't say that people send themselves to hell".
But you just couldn't do it.
I would if the argument was that people walk up to the gates of hell open up the door and walk in.

I find it interesting that you can not simply acknowledge that hell is a place of real torment and that arguing for the obliteration of people who go there doesn't negate that suffering--however long it really is--in any way shape or form.

TimothyW, I really do want you to explain how you get 'eternal, conscious torment' out of the argument that 'people seal their own fate and in effect send themselves to hell when they reject the truth'. I'm serious.

tob
The confusion comes in because when one speaks of eternal punishment they have to explain if they mean eternal as in eternally irreversible, or eternal as in suffering consciously for an eternity. The first is definitely true. I personally don't know about the second one. Right now I gravitate more toward the conscious punishment of unbelievers being for a time, perhaps during the thousand year reign (which they can see but can't participate in), but who are then obliterated in the lake of fire after the great white throne judgment.

The one thing we should all be in agreement about is lost people will indeed have the conscious suffering of weeping and gnashing of teeth. For most of us, we just argue about how long that very real suffering is going to be.

I would say that death is when this short journey has ended on this Earth.Eternal life where the soul and the body spend eternity.A true born again believer spends eternal life in heaven and the unbeliever spends their eternal life in hell.And eternal is a very,very long time.Never ending.While we are on this earth we make a choice of which place we want to go.
So both have eternal life?

Mat_25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

some day this two verses will reconcile in my head...

Back