Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jehovah's Witness a Christian belief?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Born Again Christians?

Nick_29 said:
rEVOLVEr said:
vja4Him said:
The real question should be, "Are Jehovah's Witnesses Born Again Christians?"

Sorry, that's not the question
Sorry, but that's absolutely the quesiton. You cannot be a Christian and not be a born-again Christian - they are one and the same. And you can't be a Christian belief unless you are a bonr-again Christian. I and many others have clearly pointed out how the JW belief is simply not Christian.
Yeah, "born again Christian" is a redundant phrase.

Nick_29 said:
rEVOLVEr said:
vja4Him said:
The real question should be, "Are Jehovah's Witnesses Born Again Christians?"

Sorry, that's not the question
Sorry, but that's absolutely the quesiton. You cannot be a Christian and not be a born-again Christian - they are one and the same. And you can't be a Christian belief unless you are a bonr-again Christian. I and many others have clearly pointed out how the JW belief is simply not Christian.

That's a false statement. Most Christians are NOT born-again Christians.
BTW, let me decide what the question is because I was asking it. ;)

rEVOLVEr said:
That's a false statement. Most Christians are NOT born-again Christians.
BTW, let me decide what the question is because I was asking it. ;)
Then what was the question? Whether JW's are born again Christians or whether JW is a Christian belief is one and the same.

"Then what was the question? Whether JW's are born again Christians or whether JW is a Christian belief is one and the same."

My original question was: "Is Jehovah's Witness a Christian belief?" Somehow someone changed it.

Are you saying that all Christians are born-again Christians?

To be born-again is to be a Christian. There are no born-again Christians and non-born-again Christians. A Christian is a Christian, and JWs are not to be counted as Christians.

A born again Christian is any person who accepts that Jesus Christ is their Lord an personal savior; they are also baptized in the holy spirit. Some people live in a culture, such as my own, where religion is apart of culture. SO we'll see people coming up with "christian" as their religion. It is true that they are christian, but not born again. Don't act ignorant on that part, because it is possible. Jehova's witness are not a christian religion. Can you call Islam a christian relgion if it believes in the "same" god, or believe in Jesus as a prophet? No. Mormons, JW, and to an extent, Catholics, cannot be represented in this categories. ( with catholics, it's the "divinity" of Mary - her pledge to virginity, and apparent ascension into heaven, which has yet to be seen in the Bible itself). So, yeah. It's not Christian. It's Jehova's Witness.

Free said:
To be born-again is to be a Christian. There are no born-again Christians and non-born-again Christians. A Christian is a Christian, and JWs are not to be counted as Christians.
I"m with Free here. :)

Nick_29 said:
Free said:
Ditto. The label "born again" being tacked on to "Christian" is a recent development. Jesus said in John 3 that you can't be his follower unless you are "born again" - the phrase "born again" simply means being reborn by the Holy Spirit (our spirit is brought from death to life). You cannot be a Christian unless the Holy Spirit regenerates your spirit (aka "be born again"). Therefore, as I already said, the label "born again Christian" is redundant and is like saying "cold snow". :)

toddm said:
Nick_29 said:
Free said:
Ditto. The label "born again" being tacked on to "Christian" is a recent development. Jesus said in John 3 that you can't be his follower unless you are "born again" - the phrase "born again" simply means being reborn by the Holy Spirit (our spirit is brought from death to life). You cannot be a Christian unless the Holy Spirit regenerates your spirit (aka "be born again"). Therefore, as I already said, the label "born again Christian" is redundant and is like saying "cold snow". :)

Ummm... I used to be a Christian but never was a born-again.
The word Christian describes people who have faith in God, Jesus and the Bible.
Why would you narrow it down to a specific group of Christians?

rEVOLVEr said:
I don't think you understand what we are saying. People do use the phrase "born-again Christians" to typically refer to Evangelical Christians but that is a misuse of "born again." There is no such group of Christians that are born again and other groups that are not born again; all Christians are born again. Anyone who is truly born again is a Christian and anyone who is truly a Christian is born again.

Here is the passage that toddm was referring to:

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Joh 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

free and all i just got a link to the watchtower tract society and they have their verson on what born again is.. :crazy

let the headache begin

rEVOLVEr said:
There are those who call themselves Christians, who select it because of the faith and the society they were raised in. A Catholic is considered saved because of their "infant baptism". A baptist is once save always saved. Methodist...I was in a Methodist church, the most I heard was John Wesley. Anyway, if you are on a diet, and you don't practice that diet can you say you are a dieter? Same thing with a guy who goes to the gym and doesn't work out. A born again Christian is one who is re-birthed in Christ, while a Christian is a label. It's difficult to understand, but you have to understand what being a Christian means. It isn't a particular sect.

Matthew 7:21 " Not everyone who calls me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do what my father wants them to do."

jasoncran said:
then you we never were a christian, one must have been born agian to be a true follower of christ.

I'd like to hear your opinion whether or not you'd consider the Roman Catholic religion being a part of Christian beliefs.

i have many issues with the rc doctrine, but i would have dig those things up. but that is for another time and place.

jasoncran said:
i have many issues with the rc doctrine, but i would have dig those things up. but that is for another time and place.

Sounds like a suggestion to open another thread. OK. ;)

we have rules on catholic posts, though i may consider it, you could simply ask the catholic and francisdales, and i would do that anyway to be sure that i'm correct.

i have started a new thread on jw's beliefs and will be focusing on that.

I would be happy to disucss RC doctrine in another thread, but please remember:

ToS said:
Discussion of Catholic doctrine will be allowed in the One on One Debate Forum and End Times forum only. Do not start new topics elsewhere or sway existing threads toward a discussion or debate that is Catholic in nature.

Let's keep this on JW please.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back