Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is man not really capable of seeking God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I read today some posts from an old poster, who still uses this analogy.
Gods gift of salvation cannot be destroyed by sinning.

It made me think of emotional language and linear logic that justifies it.
The emotional language is God can be trusted and He has given me His eternal life.
To undermine this is a terrible thing, and evil.

But unfortunately the salvation we are given is an open door, and an invitation to get up, walk and follow.
The emotional language of trust and love is real, but only for those who see its meaning, and put it into effect by doing as we are told. We grow and become children of God, born, and develop as we exercise the Holy Spirit working in our hearts. The world is governed by raging emotion, which comes and goes without knowledge or understanding, that builds castles of sand, and dreams of the delusions of wealth, power and influence. Everything gets sacrificed for these stories, and in old age when they are gone, broken men die lost and empty.

A line these dreamers have come out with is we hate them, by sharing the need to see Jesus and follow, to gather the treasure of His words and live them out. But we are consumed with love, clarity and transformation, joy unspeakable and a future that is eternal. We just wonder that these words appear to some to be death to the heart, and discouragement to their lives, and just would dearly love healing and transformation happens to all.

These dreamers then rise up in anger, and shout blasphemy, sin worse than murder, apostacy, and anything they can invent to justify how they feel. The worst of it all is their emotional turmoil shouts their lostness and their lack of change or knowing the Lord of all, who came that we might live a loving quiet life, honouring and serving our King.

In the end it is not the possibility of us sinning or walking in darkness that dooms us, it is us not listening and letting Jesus change us through being yoked to Him and His ways. His words truly are life, are alive, are real and are eternal.

What in the world flips around like the wind, in the Kingdom is strong and hard, determined and distinct.
Peter in prison singing praises to God, waiting for the morning and his possible execution. Peter is freed by an angel, his heart simply set on Christ. We are such linear people, until we discover the work God has done within us, that will never die.

God bless you
What comes to mind is those that insist that Jesus has done everything already and so there is nothing left for us to do but "trust" in the Lord.
Trust,,,,in the sense that we put our life in His hands and then continue as before .. ..
When, instead, the NT speaks of the transformation we are to experience.

And, wow, how those posters stick together and encourage each other. As if it'll change anything, like the truly lost condition they're in.

Please stop interfering. Thanks so much.
Let's see if I can explain how this works..
I've already tried once,,,apparently you didn't understand what I wrote.

A person posts a reply to member.
ANYONE can answer to that reply.
Anyone,,,,not just the member to whom it was addressed.

This is because threads are open for all to read and to which ANYONE can reply.

If you'd like to have a private conversation with another member, I strongly suggest you use the Private Message feature.

What comes to mind is those that insist that Jesus has done everything already and so there is nothing left for us to do but "trust" in the Lord.
Trust,,,,in the sense that we put our life in His hands and then continue as before .. ..
When, instead, the NT speaks of the transformation we are to experience.

And, wow, how those posters stick together and encourage each other. As if it'll change anything, like the truly lost condition they're in.
What has struck me very clearly, is how the lost are lost. One can read scripture, go to church, know everything yet ones heart is defended and closed off so nothing actually touches you, and still one believes one knows Jesus, ones little personal saviour, like a secret, kept from everyone else.

So these folk will love Trump, hate the vaccine, claim everyone is out to get them, but they are safe. The key issue nothing within comes out, nothing is cleansed or resolved, there is only failure and certainty of it continuing, and the enemy must be hated with their last breadth, the enemy, us, being the worst kind of hypocrites imaginable.

Nothing can pluck them out of Gods hands, He is the choser and sovereign, except these other evil fake believers, us, are stopping people from coming into the Kingdom, except its not a choice, and God does everything, so no one can stop anything. It is ironic, that the lost can be used to commit sin against innocents, while claiming they are just showing the hypocrisy of the fake believers, while holding anger and real bitterness against others, not seeing this testifies to whats in their hearts and the lack of love reigning supreme.

The insult logic is similar. How dare you cause me offence, you should die for what you have done. The trick is to blame the other party for an act that is so heinous, the innocent is guilty, so worthy of the worst punishment. But in reality this is verbal violence against an innocent because the accuser hides their hatred for what the other stands for, and this hatred is so deep the accuser will do anything to cause their downfall. It is shocking to hear believers speak as they do, but their hatred runs so deep, any technique helps meet their hatred. Until I met it, I did not know this existed. To have believers get so angry they stop communicating and have to go away to calm down over simple theological discussions is illuminating. But hatred rules the heart once it is sown, it waits to bait an individual and then pounce, to show who is boss, and who the evil deceiver.

If one meets such folk and you walk like Jesus, sharing and giving blessing and love, they have nothing, no trigger, no trap, no angle. Jesus teaches us His way, to know their hearts are ruled by this hatred, seeking victims to justify their world view. Turning the other cheek is so real in this case, because there is no desire for apology or lack of harm, it is their sole intention. The mouth overflows with what the heart is full of. They swim like sharks, thorns and thistles are their gifts, and the evil enemy they want to expose justify their behaviour in their view.

As loving innocents we think we can reach them, that there are hearts that can open up to the love of Jesus, because surely everyone who knows of Jesus, will be warmed by His words and His love. But false teachers have it all but nothing has gone home and everything is reinterpreted to justify the sinner as ok as they are, and fake earners of salvation are the evil enemy. Pearls before swine is too true. Blessing them is enough, and leaving them alone, while warning fellow brothers and sisters to just show love and leave alone. God bless you

On a slightly different note, I come to wonder about discipleship and our walk.
Being open and honest is one principle I hold above any.

It does not mean you share everything, but you know what is happening and what is not.
Playing dumb can really help, to avoid reprecussions which could be turned in ways that are dangerous.

I shared with one member on a forum, about the Lord, love etc. Whatever about what I shared caused them to invent a reason to hate me, and I was cast as a pompous fake prophet or something. It made me realise how the power of the light of Jesus demands our hearts have an answer, or we invent reasons for walking away.

I was encouraged by my daughter to see a netflixs film seaspiracy, about how fishing the oceans is ruining permanently our future etc. and is not being handled but rather betrayed. It was another cause my heart felt discouraged about, because I am feeling burdened recently. But after watching it, so many issues and points were made, it takes time to take it in, but real hope and optimism is there, and also action that can be taken.

What surprised me is how deeply this idea of not another burden had gone, so I almost turned away.
This choice, each day to take up the cross, the joy of palm sunday with victory and God ruling through the path of the cross and resurrection, is a hard emotional road, costly and difficult, but if we listen, Jesus will walk with us through it.

God bless you

Man by nature doesnt seek God, the True God that is because naturally in his carnal state and mind, hes enmity against God, and cannot be subject to God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Back