Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

Sorry been so busy running around lately. I need a Calgon moment :cries

I can't warrant that view, even by all those scriptures, that Michael is another name for Jesus or that He and Michael are the same. I see the word prince as only Michael being the archangel as being overseer of all the angels. All angels are God's messengers with Michael being the chiefess.
Hello Deb, Maybe if I can send you an email as to why I chose that OP because I was reading an article Called Who Is Michael, The Archangel? but in the booklet which is 17 chapters and the subject is on the 16th. chapter page 251 in a PDF file but the title is different which says Who Is Michael, Your Prince? in the booklet. my email address is wpjr@live.com

Let's understand this! God, whom we call the "Father," created first His own original offspring, the Logos, or Word, who was later incarnated as Jesus Christ the Messiah (John 1:1-3, 14).

Are you saying God created His Son?

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

JLB

Hello Deb, Maybe if I can send you an email as to why I chose that OP because I was reading an article Called Who Is Michael, The Archangel? but in the booklet which is 17 chapters and the subject is on the 16th. chapter page 251 in a PDF file but the title is different which says Who Is Michael, Your Prince? in the booklet. my email address is wpjr@live.com
All angels, including Michael, are created by God for the purpose of His ministry in the Spiritual realm and the earthly realm. Jesus was never created, but has always been Alpha and Omega, no beginning and no end.

I really do not have time to read that PDF, but I appreciate the offer. Life is a little crazy right now and been doing so much running of late. I have heard Jesus being referenced with the name Joshua, but never Michael.

Are you saying God created His Son?

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

JLB
Hello JLB, But no Sir I'm not saying that in that sense, I think they were in the beginning together, but the scripture if I understand it correctly that in Acts 2:36, KJV: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ, is this correct?

Love, Walter

All angels, including Michael, are created by God for the purpose of His ministry in the Spiritual realm and the earthly realm. Jesus was never created, but has always been Alpha and Omega, no beginning and no end.

I really do not have time to read that PDF, but I appreciate the offer. Life is a little crazy right now and been doing so much running of late. I have heard Jesus being referenced with the name Joshua, but never Michael.
Ok Sister I understand.

Love, Walter

Hello JLB, But no Sir I'm not saying that in that sense, I think they were in the beginning together, but the scripture if I understand it correctly that in Acts 2:36, KJV: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ, is this correct?

Love, Walter

Yes. I believe God hath made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

JLB

Yes. I believe God hath made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

JLB
Well, can I offer you the same PDF file that I offered for_his_glory: Maybe if I can send you an email as to why I chose that OP because I was reading an article Called Who Is Michael, The Archangel? but in the booklet which is 17 chapters and the subject is on the 16th. chapter page 251 in a PDF file but the title is different which says Who Is Michael, Your Prince? in the booklet. my email address is wpjr@live.com, all I need is your email

Love, Walter

Well, can I offer you the same PDF file that I offered for_his_glory: Maybe if I can send you an email as to why I chose that OP because I was reading an article Called Who Is Michael, The Archangel? but in the booklet which is 17 chapters and the subject is on the 16th. chapter page 251 in a PDF file but the title is different which says Who Is Michael, Your Prince? in the booklet. my email address is wpjr@live.com, all I need is your email

Love, Walter

People confuse the biblical term the Angel of the Lord, with being a reference to Michael when it is referring to Jesus in His pre-incarnate form.

Would you care to discuss this from scripture ?

JLB

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-6

Here we see the Spirit leading us into what I refer to as a progression of understanding of who is speaking to Moses from the burning bush.

The Angel of the LORD
the LORD
God

I will stop here for you to comment.

JLB

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-6

Here we see the Spirit leading us into what I refer to as a progression of understanding of who is speaking to Moses from the burning bush.

The Angel of the LORD
the LORD
God

I will stop here for you to comment.

JLB
Yes, that is correct.

Yes, that is correct.

Reading on down to verse 13 we see…

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
Exodus 3:13-14

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:56-59

These Jews were attempting to stone Him for blasphemy.

JLB

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:56-59

JLB
also correct

JLB
Amen, In Exodus 3:2–6 "the angel of YHWH" (מלאך יהוה) appeared to Moses in the flame of fire, and then "YHWH" (יהוה) says to him: "I am the God of thy father". Compare also Genesis 22:11; Judges 6:11–22.

Amen, In Exodus 3:2–6 "the angel of YHWH" (מלאך יהוה) appeared to Moses in the flame of fire, and then "YHWH" (יהוה) says to him: "I am the God of thy father". Compare also Genesis 22:11; Judges 6:11–22.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
Psalm 91:1-4

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
Psalm 91:1-4
Amen

Back