Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You keep saying the vaccine doesn't work. It is working. Your complaint sounds to me like someone saying coats don't work because you can still feel a chill when it's-20 out. The vaccine has limits like everything in the world.

You can calm the victim complex a little. I'm not blaming you, I'm just explaining why people are being urged to get a vaccine. Your state governor has already banned vaccine mandates
If you don't like people telling you the risks of being un vaccinated, im sorry to tell ya that nature doesn't care how sarcastic you are.

Oh, that used to happen. Once vaccines came about the average life span went up and child mortality dropped through the floor. Your immune system is not magic and vaccines are not destroying it or putting it in a bubble. Your immune system only works if you survive the initial infection.

That's not how the immune system works. Your immune system is tempered based on its experience with various viruses and bacteria. Your immune system has to learn with everything that comes into the body. Vaccines are literally primers so if the virus does invade your body, your immune system already has a good idea how to destroy it.

I keep saying the vaccine is all smoke and bull. It is all hype and government and media driven. Just like Covid is all smoke and bull and government and media driven. If the vaccine doesn't work, just say it doesn't work, instead of saying it has it's limits. Or that it needs a booster. Or that Covid is mutating. So many excuses for a vaccine. Just be honest and say it don't work. But, go ahead and take that sugar pill, and hope that is all you're taking.

Yes, praise God for the governor of Texas for not following the politically correct Covid crowd. And it is a political issue. And I didn't claim any 'victim complex'. I leave that to 'others'.

You can tell of the risks all day long. I don't mind. What I mind is when you say I need to be forced into taking a vaccination. And people are being forced by the threat of their jobs if they don't get the vaccination. That is what I mind. And you support that, so you said.

Our immune system is developed by it's ability to encounter bacteria and germs and thus develop an immunity. Putting people in a bubble, giving vaccines and wearing masks, and wiping down everything to kill all germs, is destroying the peoples immune system to develop. Is it any wonder we now need 'boosters'. Peoples immune system is being destroyed. Doctors warned of this at the beginning of this charade.

A doctor in a church in our area recently had a baby during the middle of this supposed pandemic. He brought his baby to church and passed it around to as many as he could telling them to hold, hug, kiss, and breathe on that baby all you want. Why? He wanted his immune system to develop.

Covid is nothing but a political tool. And it doesn't care how many lives it destroys. Power and control.

Quantrill

Last edited:
I keep saying the vaccine is all smoke and bull. It is all hype and government and media driven. Just like Covid is all smoke and bull and government and media driven.
I knew several people who died from it. One of which was my Grandfather. I live in a county that got hit hard. I'm guessing you don't know many people that got a serious case of it. I personally know 10 people who died from it.

If the vaccine doesn't work, just say it doesn't work, instead of saying it has it's limits.
No. Because that would be a lie. All medication has limits.

Or that it needs a booster. Or that Covid is mutating. So many excuses for a vaccine.
Yeah, it's a virus. It mutates like all viruses.

Just be honest and say it don't work. But, go ahead and take that sugar pill, and hope that is all you're taking.
I'm pretty sure sugar pills don't trigger an immune response. I had one for a couple days.

Yes, praise God for the governor of Texas for not following the politically correct Covid crowd. And it is a political issue. And I didn't claim any 'victim complex'. I leave that to 'others'.

You can tell of the risks all day long. I don't mind. What I mind is when you say I need to be forced into taking a vaccination. And people are being forced by the threat of their jobs if they don't get the vaccination. That is what I mind. And you support that, so you said.
Please hilight and share where I supported that? I literally said the opposite.

Our immune system is developed by it's ability to encounter bacteria and germs and thus develop an immunity. Putting people in a bubble, giving vaccines and wearing masks, and wiping down everything to kill all germs, is destroying the peoples immune system to develop. Is it any wonder we now need 'boosters'. Peoples immune system is being destroyed. Doctors warned of this at the beginning of this charade.
That's not how that works. What is funny is that boosters aren't even being pushed. You are aware that CDC has claimed most won't need them right?

A doctor in a church in our area recently had a baby during the middle of this supposed pandemic. He brought his baby to church and passed it around to as many as he could telling them to hold, hug, kiss, and breathe on that baby all you want. Why? He wanted his immune system to develop.
Cool

Covid is nothing but a political tool. And it doesn't care how many lives it destroys. Power and control.

Quantrill
Well, I knew several people who are dead from it. I hope you don't have to go through the same thing.

Sorry, but a senator on Fox News is not evidence, although it is curious that you don’t seem to trust government until it suites your position. Where is the scientific evidence? Maybe it will agree with the senator, maybe it won’t.

I looked at VAERS just yesterday and it was less than half that number. Even then, it doesn’t mean the vaccine caused those deaths.

air conditioning is directly connected to legionaires,air quality issues .

I'm not suggesting eschewing hvac bit while install uv lights in them if they don't create germ problems .

yet one suggests avoiding vaccines .which isn't perfect but like hvac has improved life time .

meds must be stored ,refrigeration for foods and also lung health

I knew several people who died from it. One of which was my Grandfather. I live in a county that got hit hard. I'm guessing you don't know many people that got a serious case of it. I personally know 10 people who died from it.

No. Because that would be a lie. All medication has limits.

Yeah, it's a virus. It mutates like all viruses.

I'm pretty sure sugar pills don't trigger an immune response. I had one for a couple days.

Please hilight and share where I supported that? I literally said the opposite.

That's not how that works. What is funny is that boosters aren't even being pushed. You are aware that CDC has claimed most won't need them right?

Cool

Well, I knew several people who are dead from it. I hope you don't have to go through the same thing.

The Covid charade is to the degree that you cannot believe the medical system concerning who died of Covid. Even if they die of something else, if they had the Covid virus, which many do, then they are claimed to have died of Covid.

The lie just continues to grow. Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Get a vaccine and you don't need a mask. No, you need a mask. You also need a booster. And you will probably need another booster. Mutate, you know. It's the old story of once telling a lie, you have to tell more lies.

Then whether it mutates or not, is not the fault of people who don't get the vaccine.

Perhaps you need a booster.

You stated that employers had the right to fire people for not getting the vaccine. That is being forced to take the vaccine. I'm not going to look for where you said it. You can correct me if I am wrong. Do employers have the right to fire people for not getting the vaccine?

It is how our immune system works. Thus the danger of this effort for a germ free environment, and vaccination. Create a buble to live in, and you will have to always live in a bubble.

It's cool because the doctor knows the baby doensn't need to be in a bubble. Which is what the U.S. wants us in.

So? I know a lot of people who have died from a lot of things. And, I am going to die one day of something.

Quantrill

Do employers have the right to fire people for not getting the vaccine?

Actually, yes they do. It their business and they can make their own rules along as it doesn't violate labor laws, OSHA, etc. The employer has a right to protect other employees and its customers from those who don't follow their rules.

It is how our immune system works. Thus the danger of this effort for a germ free environment, and vaccination.

There are some diseases that your immune system just cannot fight off very well, that is why vaccines were made. Polio comes to mind. Mumps comes to mind. Tetanus comes to mind.

Just because we have an immune system it doesn't mean that it can fight off everything that comes our way. Just because we will die one day it doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try to save our life by being vaccinated so that we don't die prematurely.

Ignoring mutations / modifications caused by sin:
Spiritual modification Adam and Eve could see they were naked.

A. First physical mutation ?
Genesis 3:14 kjv
14. And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

B. Second physical mutation ? (And social)
16. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

C. Third modification ?
17. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat ofit all the days of thy life;

D. Fourth modification? Ground (Man’s heart)
18. Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

The Modern immune diseases are different than some of the previous bacterial,and viral problems humanity faced. New problems.

We should not try and ignore the spiritual implications. Maybe someone had already brought this up. Mixed with the physical every few posts the parallels should be mentioned. IMHO

Of course the animal viruses exist too. This is all way beyond redneck understanding.

eddif

Even if trials were done on animals, it wouldn't be a good idea to let the public have access.

LOL!!!! :hysterical

It wouldn’t be a good idea for the public too see that the vaccine doesn't work in the trials?

That is truly funny... and extremely alarming.

JLB

Sorry, but a senator on Fox News is not evidence, although it is curious that you don’t seem to trust government until it suites your position.

I certainly don’t trust the Government that acts the way this one does.

I trust people, not governments.

Where is the scientific evidence?

Where is the evidence that the vaccine doesn’t harm people?

The CDC says it does indeed harm people.

Myocarditis and Pericarditis
Updated Sept. 8, 2021
Languages
Print
CDC and its partners are actively monitoring reports of myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination. Active monitoring includes reviewing data and medical records and evaluating the relationship to COVID-19 vaccination.
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. In both cases, the body’s immune system causes inflammation in response to an infection or some other trigger. Learn more about myocarditis and pericarditis.external icon Seek medical care if you or your child have symptoms of these conditions within a week after COVID-19 vaccination.

What You Need to Know​

• Cases of myocarditis reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)external icon have occurred:
    • After mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), especially in male adolescents and young adults,
    • More often after the second dose
    • Usually within several days after vaccination
  • Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis who received care responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly.
  • Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities after their symptoms improve. Those who have been diagnosed with myocarditis should consult with their cardiologist (heart doctor) about return to exercise or sports. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
Both myocarditis and pericarditis have the following symptoms:
  • Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath
  • Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart
Seek medical care if you or your child have any of these symptoms, especially if it’s within a week after COVID-19 vaccination.
If you have any health problems after vaccination, report them to VAERSexternal icon.
Healthcare Providers: For additional recommendations and clinical guidance, visit Clinical Considerations: Myocarditis after mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Why would someone want to endanger themselves with an experimental vaccine that cases heart problems?

People who are not sick do not need a harmful experimental vaccine.

When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Matthew 9:12

JLB

I agree, mostly. The only thing I have trouble with is mandating vaccines. This becomes a thorny issue of rights, in which we must be careful to not understand rights the way the world does. Biblically speaking, we really have few rights and those we have come with responsibility to others. The secular idea of rights, even though they came from and can only be based on the Bible, are completely detached from the Bible and social responsibility; it is all about absolute personal autonomy.

So what happens then in this discussion, is that I would agree that people should have the right to decide for themselves as to whether or not they get vaccinated. However, I also believe that businesses and institutions have the social responsibility to do what they reasonably can to protect the health and safety of those on their property, which means they also have the right to who they let onto their property. Now we have conflicting rights--those who don't want to get vaccinated (or wear masks, distance, etc.) yet want to go about living their lives as normal, and businesses and institutions who have the responsibility to their employees, clients, customers, patients, etc.

I have asked several times on social media how are we to determine whose rights win and I have yet to receive a response. The obvious answer is that the rights of the greater good will prevail, because they should. While governments shouldn't be mandating vaccinations for private businesses, they should have the right for their employees and any who need to enter government buildings, etc.

It really is difficult but Christians especially should see that the Bible calls us to put socially responsibility above our own rights. If those who don't want to get vaccinated would then very religiously adhere to wearing masks, distancing, etc., I would have much less of a problem with them. Where I am, in Canadian redneck country, there are too many who don't want to follow the restrictions and don't want to get vaccinated. Over the last few months, during our fourth wave, we were the worst in Canada and among the worst in NA.

There is still enough uncertainty within all the data regarding how the virus spreads, what the long-term effects are of COVID, etc., to warrant erring on the side of caution, in my opinion. While we most certainly need to figure out the best approaches to treatment, the vaccines are just an effective way to get the spread under control as quickly as possible.
It’s certainly an area that calls for discernment, which is to say it’s a disputable matter.

The conscience is something we all have to live with, and be comfortable with at the end of the day. One could very well take the position that by receiving the vaccine, they are helping others. But really, in order to help others in this way, one first has to help themselves. On the same token, some receive the vaccine only thinking of themselves with no regard for others, yet the byproduct of their actions by proxy works toward what some may consider, the greater good, as you’ve described earlier.

But then there is the other side of the coin, and that’s doubt and fear. There are many who for whatever reason, either real or imagined won’t get the vaccine because doing so would violate their conscience. It is from this perspective that I disagree with mandates because I see those pushing vaccine mandates as only serving their own agenda with no regard for others, but using others as an excuse.

Bottom line. We’re all responsible for our actions or inaction.

If I get vaccinated, I protect myself and by proxy, to those around me to a much lessor degree. To those who won’t get vaccinated, then they do so knowing the risks. I know a husband and wife who laughed at Covid early on and they both got it. She got a light sniffle and he got put on a vent. He did survive, but it brought some reality into their world. Both still refuse to get vaccinated, and that is their right, and they both have a first hand experience of the risks of Covid. If they fully understand the risks, then they are responsible for their actions.

This brings me to government assistance. My wife also got Covid and was very close to being put on a vent because I was out of town and she refused to listen to me and seek early treatment. I have excellent healthcare, but did you know I never paid a dime for her ICU stay in the Covid ward? It wasn’t cheap, yet the government paid every penny. The same goes for my friend who was on a vent. This is a point of contention for me. We knew the risk, we should be responsible for the bill, regardless if you can pay it or not.

Having the government pay a full hospital bill takes away from claiming full responsibility for my wife’s bad choices, and without a doubt, millions like her that didn’t get the vaccine for whatever reason. And this brings me to early treatment. We need to put as much emphasis on early treatment as we do the vaccine and this alone will eliminate the bulk of ICU beds being filled with Covid patients.

Like your town, my county was the hotbed of the Nation for a short time last year. I know more people who have had Covid than those who haven’t. Most pull through within 5 -7 days and by week 2 they are as good as new. So overall, most people are building a natural immunity, which needs to happen either through vaccination or surviving the virus.

As far as companies, a local restaurant made national news because they refused to shut down. They were fined and lost their liquor license, but stayed open. They were very responsible and the judge even said that if all the restaurants applied the same safety measures, there would be no need to shut the restaurants down.

Here are two facts that I have learned from my research.

• The COVID Vaccine doesn’t prevent a person from dying from COVID 19.

• The COVID Vaccine doesn’t prevent a person from spreading COVID-19 to others.

JLB

The Covid charade is to the degree that you cannot believe the medical system concerning who died of Covid. Even if they die of something else, if they had the Covid virus, which many do, then they are claimed to have died of Covid.
The problem I'm having here is that your situation is a feedback loop. You don't understand how comorbidity works, so you chock up your own ignorance as people living to you. You don't understand virus reproduction so you consider virus mutation to be a lie to. The csc has not recommended you get a booster, yet you keep repeating the lie that these boosters are being pushed.

The lie just continues to grow. Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Get a vaccine and you don't need a mask. No, you need a mask. You also need a booster. And you will probably need another booster. Mutate, you know. It's the old story of once telling a lie, you have to tell more lies.
This is what I'm taking about. You aren't going by what the cdc is saying, but instead inventing a narrative based on loose information.
The actual time line is that when the pandemic started masks weren't know to be effective yet, so they were not pushed.

Masks got pushed as more information came out.

The vaccine was developed and given emergency approval. Mask weren't was allowed to lessen if you were fully vaccinated. The cdc still recommended mask wearng.

The delta variant started to spread and people were hesitant to get vaccinated. Cases of people with vaccines needed less hospital resources. People without vaccines still needed more hospital resources.

Mask wearing is increased when areas have spikes.

Booster has been developed, but the cdc has said if you aren't in a specific group of criteria, you won't need it.

That's were we are at now.

Then whether it mutates or not, is not the fault of people who don't get the vaccine.
It is. A virus can only mutate if it has a host that it can infect and spread.

Perhaps you need a booster.
I don't. I don't fit the cdc criteria.

You stated that employers had the right to fire people for not getting the vaccine.
Yep

That is being forced to take the vaccine. I'm not going to look for where you said it.
Yes, I stated a fact. I didn't saY i like it.

You can correct me if I am wrong. Do employers have the right to fire people for not getting the vaccine?
Yes, also water is wet and fire burns.

It is how our immune system works. Thus the danger of this effort for a germ free environment, and vaccination. Create a buble to live in, and you will have to always live in a bubble.
Vaccines engage the immune system. So they are not contributing to a buble.

It's cool because the doctor knows the baby doensn't need to be in a bubble. Which is what the U.S. wants us in.
The US doesn't want us in a buble. All incentives have been removed or have a set date for removal. The US is pretty keen in getting us back to work.

So? I know a lot of people who have died from a lot of things. And, I am going to die one day of something.

Quantrill
In this case people I know are dieing of the thing you claim is not a big problem. No matter how you try to hand wave this away, it won't remove the people who died or the pain of not being able to be with my grandfather when he died.

I have excellent healthcare, but did you know I never paid a dime for her ICU stay in the Covid ward? It wasn’t cheap, yet the government paid every penny.
:eek I find this perplexing to the max .
We need to put as much emphasis on early treatment as we do the vaccine and this alone will eliminate the bulk of ICU beds being filled with Covid patients.
Yes we do ! And we should push the preventive side and it works if you are vaccinated of not !

Good news about Covid .

Not only will these mentioned up here ^^^^^ help prevent CV-19 but also colds and regular flu . This is what I am using .

One more .

Preventive Health Care ?

Back