Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the wearing of Hijab or whatever it's called A Requirement in Islam?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is our choice whether to gather the love or hate of Allah.

The God of the Bible chose to love me when I chose to hate Him.

The truth. I only want the truth, not that which appeals to my whims and desires.

I didn't ask you about truth, or whims, or desires. I asked you if you ever wanted more out of your god. I don't think you're understanding my question, and that's okay.

Suicide is strictly forbidden in Islam.

But if a Muslim is willing to strap himself with explosives and be blown up for the sake of your god, it is not considered as suicide, is it ? It guarantees him a place in paradise. That’s what your Hadith says …

Hadith 9:459
Muhammad says “Allah guarantees anyone who engages in holy war (Jihad) for the cause of Jihad alone with “belief in Allah’s words”, that he will either admit him into paradise or return him with his reward or the booty has earned to his residence from where he went out.”.

Hadith 1:35
"The person who participates in Allah's cause (namely, in battle). . will be recompensed by Allah either with reward or booty or will be admitted to Paradise."

It is our choice whether to gather the love or hate of Allah.

Your Allah has no affection or feelings, his love is conditional only on your works. The following verse from Quran clearly states that Allah only shows love to those who believe and lead a righteous life. What about those who do not believe and do not lead a righteous life? How is it even possible for any human being to lead a completely righteous life for Allah to only love them ?

Sura 19:96
Surely, those who believe and lead a righteous life, the Most Gracious will shower them with love.

In Islam - many sciences need to be masterd before one can interpret - these sciences include classical Arabic (morphology, linguistics, and roots), The science of hadeeth, hadeeth, History, and Jurisprudence - until one masters this, they are relagated to following those who have. This why there are only a handful of Tafsirs available to study. The reason for this can be seen in the intepretive blunders christians currently argue over ....

Muslims also have interpretive blunders which is the reason behind terrorism ... Do you see Christian interpretive blunders leading to terrorism ?

I have no problem reading the English translation and interpretation of the Quran which is easily available on the net. Ironically not one of my Muslim friends reads the Quran because they say they do not understand it .. Some do not even own a Quran !

This I thought is supposed to be an easy book to read and understand...

Sura 54:17, 32, 40
Surely We have made this Qur’an easy as a reminder. Is there, then, any who will take heed?

Forgot about this thread sorry guys :sad

Thanks to EVERYONE who answered, especially you Muslimah nice to hear from the horses's mouth as it were and it seems as though you are our only resident muslim on this forum - thank you for being here.

The reason I asked the question in the first place was because not only was I trying to understand - I didn't want to be ignorant and talk about something I wasn't sure of - I also like to imagine myself in a worse case scenario.

Like if I find myself alone and lost in the middle of a desert, up to my neck in the middle of an ocean with only a raft of wood to keep my afloat, on top of the highest mountain where I'm shivering to death - you get the picture - would I still be able to call on God without me first having to have some thing like a band of beads, necklace, some oranment, the correct attire, worry about did I fast did I pray right? You see?

Now I've spoken to some hindus in the past and the converstion always ended up that if those things happend I would be able to call out to God, (I think it's Brahm sp? - could be wrong), which is suppose to be if you like the 'main' God.

But I was always left puzzled as to why if you can call out to him like that why would anyone want all the painted statues they have in the first place?

Same with mulsims - I think I'd be worrying all the time if I had prayed right, if I've the time and the inclination to learn arabic and so on.

Now if as you say there are no barriers to God, why then the praying five times a day at certain times in a certain way? You say it IS mandatory well that sounds like a barrier to me espcically with my scenarios ...

Hey? what about me? Ive been here for months - I got 851 posts?[/QUOTE]

Oops sorry I got the name wrong
embarrassed.gif
- I thought it was you I was talking to ...
confused.gif
embarrassed.gif
... most of my
previous post was to you ... :yes ...

The reason I asked the question in the first place was because not only was I trying to understand - I didn't want to be ignorant and talk about something I wasn't sure of - I also like to imagine myself in a worse case scenario.

Like if I find myself alone and lost in the middle of a desert, up to my neck in the middle of an ocean with only a raft of wood to keep my afloat, on top of the highest mountain where I'm shivering to death - you get the picture - would I still be able to call on God without me first having to have some thing like a band of beads, necklace, some oranment, the correct attire, worry about did I fast did I pray right? You see?

This part of your post reminded me of this video. :)

YouTube - The Whole Earth Is A Mosque

The hadeeths you cited do not condone suicide bombing - and that vast majority of Muslim scholars forbid suicide bombing. This like me citing all the crimes commited in the name of christianity to show that murder or torture is condoned by christianity - rather, what I prefer to do is have an intelectualy honest conversation that does not make weak presumptions about Islam that any muslim would deny.

That's odd, because I was only quoting what another Muslim said in this very forum --->

Quote:

"When you fight for the cause of God, it is not called ‘suicide’, and indeed it is a great thing to die for the cause of God, and you deserve the best reward in the hereafter."

Sura 60:8-9
Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

So why should I believe YOUR interpretation over the other Muslim's ?
Interpretive blunder ???

Your friends whoa re Muslim who dont read the Quran or understand it should not be your example of Islam - My wife has a christian friend who has multiple sexual partners, drinks all the time and and never goes to church - I dont see her as an example of christianity - why? because I dont let my disapproval of christianity blind me to the truth - I dont form uninformed oppinions based on the actions of a way-ward christian in need of guidance - I suggest you do the same.

My point is that I have yet to meet a single Muslim personally who actually reads or owns the Quran. I'm not talking about one or two Muslim friends. I'm talking about EVERY Muslim I personally meet .... I'm not from US, I'm from a multi-racial Asian country where we have many Muslims and Mosques everywhere !

:shrug

I'm going to post a few readings from the Surah. I'm sure there will be seemingly ample refutations, claiming that these were taken out of context, but they're there. The overall point of this post, I'll get to after the quotes.

True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran

- Surah 9:5 - But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war);
- Surah's 8:39; 9:5; 9:29: 47:4 in the Muslim Qur'an are 'divine' commandments to persecute Jews and Christians, to defeat them in battle and then to consign them either to slavery or to death.

April 27, 2007

Prayer by Sheik Ahmad Bahr, acting Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, declared during a Friday sermon at a Sudan mosque that America and Israel will be annihilated and called upon Allah to kill Jews and Americans "to the very Last One".
"Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one. Oh Allah, show them a day of darkness. Oh Allah, who sent down His Book, the mover of the clouds, who defeated the enemies of the Prophet defeat the Jews and the Americans, and bring us victory over them."

The point of my thread was not to fight a battle of words and conjecture, as I'm certain there will be adequate reasons for saying what was said.

My main point is that your source for your scripture is from someone who (are you willing to admit?) suffered from mental breakdowns, felt he had been tormented by an evil spirit, and contemplated suicide. This is who you rely on for your doctrine.

Christians, on the other hand, read from those who witnessed with their own hands, eyes and ears, the True Living God in the Triune person of Jesus. Those who wrote the book we seek wisdom and Truth from, had actually seen the Face of the Lord in Jesus. Yes the Bible stresses that faith without works is dead, but in speaking to "works", Christianity holds:

1. works are our response to our faith, not a means to salvation
  2. saying the two greatest commandments are to love the Lord with all your heart, and to love your neighbor as you love yourself
There are not specifics on how, when, where, how many times, where to face... It is a life of worship, and the Holy Spirit moves us to simply do what ever we can to glorify his name and see to His sheep.

Contrast this with all the strict rules of daily life of a Muslim, and the stark difference between the two are on either side of the Faith--------Works spectrum.

In the end, we have the word from the Lord. Muslims have the word from a man who had questionable psychological stability, to say the least.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 9.111

Narrated Aisha

The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams in his sleep. He never had a dream but that it came true like bright day light. He used to go in seclusion (the cave of) Hira where he used to worship (Allah Alone) continuously for many (days) nights. He used to take with him the journey food for that (stay) and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again for another period to stay, till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him in it and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." (The Prophet added), "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, "I do not know how to read," whereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and asked me again to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or, what shall I read?)." Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me and then released me and said, "Read: In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists). Has created man from a clot. Read and Your Lord is Most Generous...up to...that which he knew not." (96.15)

Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration, his neck muscles twitching with terror till he entered upon Khadija and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and then he said, "O Khadija, what is wrong with me?" Then he told her everything that had happened and said, 'I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija said, 'Never! But have the glad tidings, for by Allah, Allah will never disgrace you as you keep good relations with your kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guest generously and assist the deserving, calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to (her cousin) Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza bin Qusai. Waraqa was the son of her paternal uncle, i.e., her father's brother, who during the Pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the Arabic writing and used to write of the Gospels in Arabic as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to him, "O my cousin! Listen to the story of your nephew." Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" The Prophet described whatever he had seen.

Waraqa said, "This is the same Namus (i.e., Gabriel, the Angel who keeps the secrets) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they turn me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said: "Never did a man come with something similar to what you have brought but was treated with hostility. If I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while and the Prophet became so sad as we have heard that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say, "O Muhammad! You are indeed Allah's Apostle in truth" whereupon his heart would become quiet and he would calm down and would return home. And whenever the period of the coming of the inspiration used to become long, he would do as before, but when he used to reach the top of a mountain, Gabriel would appear before him and say to him what he had said before. Ibn 'Abbas said regarding the meaning of: "He it is that Cleaves the daybreak (from the darkness)" (6.96) that Al-Asbah. means the light of the sun during the day and the light of the moon at night).

Source :-

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 9.111 | Sahih Al-Bukhari | Hadith | Qur'an & Hadith | Alim.org

I dont know how to respond to you Mike

I could refute and deny and explain away all of what you posted, but when you get your Islamic education from websites that state things like "The true History of Islam" Theres really no point, because anything I say that doesnt jive with your current oppinion of "The Facts about Islam", youll just dismiss as lies or something.

MA, my post might have come off in a different spirit than I intended. The quotes I included from the Surah are there. We've been over this before, I know. But as I said, they are there. Take a look at the world today. We see what's happening, read things like this, and it puzzles you that we can misinterpret the intentions of Islam? Can you honestly say that you see Christians terrorizing non-believers and killing them because they disbelieve? (There's a question.) Aside from the occasional whack job who bombs an abortion clinic (and this is different because in their mind, they're doing it because the abortionists are killing innocent children - not a legitimate excuse). Do you see any leaders from Christianity claiming that their end-goal is to wipe certain enemies from the earth? (there's another question) I'm not referring to the quotes I provided. This is well documented rhetoric coming from Muslims.

But the main point of my post was about the works, specific works, necessary to "get right" and "stay right" with Allah. It's seemingly all about doing this and doing that - rules, rules, rules, rituals, rituals, rituals in a never ending struggle to be held in regard with Allah.

Do you see a difference between what our God demands of us (our love for Him) and yours (many daily tasks)?

"In Islam - many sciences need to be masterd before one can interpret - these sciences include classical Arabic (morphology, linguistics, and roots), The science of hadeeth, hadeeth, History, and Jurisprudence - until one masters this, they are relagated to following those who have."

Like in Christianity, there are many interpretations by the "masters." How does a muslim know that the cleric or master they follow has it right? Obviously there are many different views by many islamic clerics.

. No other god has said "Love your neighbor as yourself,"

I do not agree with you at all

according to the bible you must Kill Your Neighbors

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

according to the bible you must Kill Your Neighbors

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came. He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors." The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day. Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

NICE TRY !!.. God was punishing the people for their sin of idolatry.

Try again ... and this time use the New Testament. That's where Christianity started.

:readbible

NICE TRY !!.. God was punishing the people for their sin of idolatry.

Try again ... and this time use the New Testament. That's where Christianity started.

:readbible

so you christians don't use the old Testament at all :chin

so you christians don't use the old Testament at all :chin

It depends on what you use it for. The God of the OT is the same God of the NT, so of course we study the OT through the NT to understand God, His nature, characteristics, history, laws and sins. Jesus Christ concealed in the OT was revealed in the NT. Prophecies of the OT directly pointed to Him and were fulfilled in the NT. The 613 laws of the OT no longer apply in the NT because Christ fulfilled them at the Cross. Only the 10 commandments still apply and are mentioned in the NT. You cannot point to OT events and practices such as rape and murder to assume that God still wants thiings done that way as there were reasons why such things happened in the OT and why they are forbidden in the NT. We are not Jews that follows OT, we are Christians that believe in the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus and folow His purposes and teachings as recorded in the NT.

Back