Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is Yahweh and Allah one?

I have no Muslim friends, though I have known many Muslims.

Taking into account the colorful palette of other friends you say you have, it only shows your bias. And that you are trying hard to make a specific point. I know quite a few Muslims, and while none of them are what I would call close friends, they are definitely not the radical, violent, evil type of people you describe Muslims as.

And yes, your attitude against Muslims is one of hate, it definitely is not one of love, as Christ calls you to do.

They are only capable of getting along with non-Muslims as long as they are a small minority; if you doubt that you should look at what's happening in Europe. Look at their hate-filled protests in England and France, look at their demands all through Europe.

I currently live in the UK and have lived a majority of my life in Europe. The situation as presented is completely blown out of proportion. By whom? By the media, who you yourself called brainwashers. Or, where do you get your information on these things?

Don't ever forget that they want to destroy Christianity, not through love and peaceful conversion but by fire and the sword; just as Muhammad commanded them.

Again, I want to ask where you are getting your (skewed) information. While it is undeniable that there are certain radical groups within Islam, that truly do want something like that, if you talk to a civilian Muslim, you get a completely different answer.

I don't believe for one minute that God only spoke to one people for thousands of years and then decided to convert the gentiles, his words can be found in the legends of peoples throughout the world. But there is no God in Islam, only Satan.

Have you read that after yourself? The two sentences contradict each other.

Taking into account the colorful palette of other friends you say you have, it only shows your bias. And that you are trying hard to make a specific point. I know quite a few Muslims, and while none of them are what I would call close friends, they are definitely not the radical, violent, evil type of people you describe Muslims as.

Yes, I am biased against evil.

And yes, your attitude against Muslims is one of hate, it definitely is not one of love, as Christ calls you to do.

Resistance =/= hate.

I currently live in the UK and have lived a majority of my life in Europe. The situation as presented is completely blown out of proportion. By whom? By the media, who you yourself called brainwashers. Or, where do you get your information on these things?

We haven't heard a peep from the media over here. Not once have I ever seen anything in the news about Islamic protests or Islamic demands for Sharia Law, the liberal media won't show that here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29HU3j7r9Ys

We want Danish blood.

Again, I want to ask where you are getting your (skewed) information. While it is undeniable that there are certain radical groups within Islam, that truly do want something like that, if you talk to a civilian Muslim, you get a completely different answer.

It isn't just "certain radical groups within Islam", Islam itself is radical. Terrorists enjoy wide popularity in the Islamic world, peaceful muslims are the minority not the violent ones.

Have you read that after yourself? The two sentences contradict each other.

They don't contradict each other one bit. The fact that God has spoken to all people does not contradict the fact that Islam is a creation of Satan and it has nothing of God in it.

Yes, I am biased against evil.

But I say to you who are listening: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
(Luke 6:27-28)

Resistance =/= hate.

To the person who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other as well, and from the person who takes away your coat, do not withhold your tunic either.
(Luke 6:29)

The type of resistance you support is not in accordance with the Bible and the word of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

We haven't heard a peep from the media over here. Not once have I ever seen anything in the news about Islamic protests or Islamic demands for Sharia Law, the liberal media won't show that here.

I find that highly unlikely. Are you saying that the liberals support Islam?

The videos you posted are very telling of what you stand for.

BNPtv? The British National Party is full of white supremacy believers and racists, perhaps the fact that you are forbidden to join the BNP if you want to serve in the police force is quite telling (unlike joining other, non-radical political parties).

Both pieces are anti-Muslim propaganda, inciting hatred towards Islam. At least the second one shows a little bit of non-radical Muslim opinions, though it immediately drowns it in more propaganda.

Have you seen footage of the student demonstrations that happened last year in London? Those were more radical and violent than both the clips you showed. Demonstrations are always full of the radical people.

These protests are rare occurrences. If you think Europe is constantly full of Muslim protests, you should come over and see how peaceful it is here.

They don't contradict each other one bit. The fact that God has spoken to all people does not contradict the fact that Islam is a creation of Satan and it has nothing of God in it.

Speaking from the perspective of putting together a logical argument, they do contradict each other. If God had spoken to ALL and his words could be found in cultures everywhere, then it logically follows that Islam would have to have SOMETHING of God in it. So one of the sentences has to be incorrect.

Modern liberals are anti-Christian and Islam is Christianity's biggest enemy, they are unwitting allies.

Those who embraced Islam have turned their backs on God, God was there but they would not listen. There is no contradiction.

This is a question that has begged answer for me. There are many superfluous parallels between the two. I have picked up the Koran to find the character of Allah and there are many good things said in it. I think I found my answer.
Yahweh and Allah are not the same God. Seen from the Christian perspective Yahweh has a son, Allah doesn't. Seen from the Jewish perspective, Yahweh was a personal God frequently interacting with humans. From the Muslim perspective Allah isn't a personal god and didn't interact with people.

Yahweh and Allah are not the same God. Seen from the Christian perspective Yahweh has a son, Allah doesn't.

Seen from a Jewish perspective, Yahweh doesn't have a son either, and still it is the same God. What you are talking about are attributes given to God by people, not God's nature.

The term Allah is used by Christians in the Mid-Eastern region to refer to the same God they believe in.

Arab Christians also say that Allah has an only begotten Son named Jesus.

Does this sound like the same 'allah' that Muslims worship?

Didn't think so...;)

Muslims and Christians believe in the same God.

No, they do not.

If Muslims believed in the same God, then they would be worshiping Jesus as the Triune creator.

Seen from a Jewish perspective, Yahweh doesn't have a son either, and still it is the same God. What you are talking about are attributes given to God by people, not God's nature.
According to Jews it is in God's nature to frequently deal with human beings on a personal basis. This is blasphemy and ridiculous to a Muslim.

According to Jews it is in God's nature to frequently deal with human beings on a personal basis. This is blasphemy and ridiculous to a Muslim.

Both of which is a belief expressed by a particular religion (group of people). It doesn't tell us anything at all about the true nature of God, as that is something beyond our understanding.

Though I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make by this, could you please clarify?

This isn't my first rodeo on the subject. Here's something I posted on another site years ago before hackers took it down.

In an earlier post, I alluded to Islam as a "gospel of works." These works are represented in what are known collectively as the "Five Pillars of Islam."

Here is what Wikipedia says of them:

The Five Pillars of Islam

[1] Shahadah is a statement professing monotheism and accepting Muhammad as God's messenger. The shahadah is a set statement normally recited in Arabic, translated as: "[I profess that] There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his Prophet."

[2] The second pillar of Islam is Salah, the requirement to pray five times a day at fixed times during the day. The times of day to pray are at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset, and night. Each salah is performed facing towards the Kaaba in Mecca.

Salah is compulsory but there is some flexibility in body and clothing. Nonetheless, the place of prayer must be cleaned.
Contrast that with Paul's admonition to "Pray without ceasing." 1 Thess 5:17.

[3] Zakat or alms-giving is the practice of charitable giving by Muslims based on accumulated wealth, and is obligatory for all who are able to do so. It is considered to be a personal responsibility for Muslims to ease economic hardship for others and eliminate inequality.
Contrast that with another of Paul's admonitions: "Each of you should give whatever you have decided. You shouldn't be sorry that you gave or feel forced to give, since God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Cor 9:7.

In the Koran, giving is morally obligatory. In the New Testament, it's morally desirable.

[4] Three types of fasting (Sawm) are recognized by the Qur'an: Ritual fasting,[2:183–187] fasting as compensation or repentance,[2:196] and ascetic fasting.[33:35]

Ritual fasting is an obligatory act during the month of Ramadan. Muslims must abstain from food, drink, and sexual intercourse from dawn to dusk during this month, and are to be especially mindful of other sins.

The fast is meant to allow Muslims to seek nearness to Allah, to express their gratitude to and dependence on him, to atone for their past sins, and to remind them of the needy.
Fasting as atonement for sin??? Not in my Bible: "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matt 26:26-28

Fasting is mentioned throughout the Old and New Testaments, but NEVER as atonement for sin!

[5] The Hajj is a pilgrimage that occurs during the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah to the holy city of Mecca, and derives from an ancient Arab practice. Every able-bodied Muslim is obliged to make the pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lifetime if he or she can afford it. When the pilgrim is around 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) from Mekkah, he must dress in Ihram clothing, which consists of two white sheets. Both men and women are required to make the pilgrimage to Mekkah.

The main rituals of the Hajj include walking seven times around the Kaaba, touching the Black Stone, travelling seven times between Mount Safa and Mount Marwah, and symbolically stoning the Devil in Mina.

The believer should be self-aware and examine their intentions in performing the pilgrimage. This should lead to constant striving for self-improvement.
"Self-improvement?" There is nothing in the "old nature" of man that can be improved by any religious ritual. This is why Paul writes: "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Cor 5:17.

The "passing of the old things" occurs at the cross: "When I tried to obey the law's standards, those laws killed me. As a result, I live in a relationship with God. I have been crucified with Christ. I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God's Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins. Gal 2:19-20.

Of course, as shown in a previous post, Islam does not believe Christ was crucified [Sura 4:157]. Therefore, if the Koran is true, there is no reason to believe in Christ at all. Paul writes: "For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins....If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." 1 Cor 15:16-17, 19

How could Christ have risen from the dead if He first were not killed on the cross???

Finally, there is this: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Eph 2:8-9 (KJV)

Islam teaches that salvation comes to the believer via the "Five Pillars."

The Bible teaches that salvation comes solely and exclusively through our Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6, 1 Thess 5:9-10) through faith in His death on the cross, and that even our faith is a gift from God: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

"If anyone tells you good news [gospel] that is different from the Good News [Gospel] you received, that person should be condemned to hell." Gal 1:9

Muhammad preached a different gospel. Islam teaches a different gospel. Precisely because it is a different gospel, Muslims do not worship the God of the Christians and Jews. The Bible and the Koran cannot be reconciled and it is both folly and heresy to try.

And another from that other, extinct Christian site:

Doing a search of the Koran, I arrived at the following passages, all discounting the deity of Christ:

"In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His Will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all― everyone that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things." Sura 5 Verse 17
In other words, Christ is not "God incarnate" in Islam, as He is in Christianity, (John 1:1) and the Koran calls those who "say" such, blasphemers. Furthermore, as noted in this passage, Allah could "destroy Him and his mother and the entire earth." This verse implies Christ is a "created being."

Islam, therefore, rejects the deity of Christ, as also noted in this passage, worded even more strongly:

They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord, and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah―Allah will forbid him the Garden and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help. Sura 5 Verse 72
In other words, Islam teaches those who believe that Christ is God's only begotten son are not only polytheists, but bound for hell! Furthermore, Islam teaches that Christ directs the Jews to worship Allah! But what does the Christ of the Bible teach?

"Jesus answered and said unto them, 'This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.'"

John 6:29 (KJV)
And who does Islam teach the Christ is? Again, noted here:

Christ the son of Mary was no more than an Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. Sura 5 Verse 75.
In Sura 9, verse 30, the Koran says this:

The Jews call Uzayr a son of Allah and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths; (in this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
Please remember that Islam teaches that the Koran is Allah's word spoken directly to the prophet (Muhammad) through Gabriel. They believe it is perfect and true, and accord it the same veracity that Christ told us to give His word!

Continuing:

"The likeness of what they spend in this world is the likeness of a wind which is extremely cold; it struck the harvest of a people who did wrong against themselves and destroyed it, (i.e. the good deed of a person is only accepted if he is a monotheist and believes in all the Prophets of Allâh, including Christ A.S. and Muhammad SAW). Allâh wronged them not, but they wronged themselves." Sura 3 Verse 117
In this passage, Christ is nothing more than a prophet, like all those who came before, and is equal to Muhammad.

Islam rejects the death and resurrection of Christ:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";― but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.― Sura 4 Verse 157
Finally, there's this admonition directed specifically at Christian and Jews:

"O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Messenger of Allah and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him: (for Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs." Sura 4 Verse 171
Again, Christ is viewed not as the begotten Son of God, (John 3:16) but as a man imbued with the Spirit of Allah. In other words, a prophet like Muhammad.

But what does Christ say about Himself?

"Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'"

John 14:6 (KJV)
Either Islam is true or Christ is true, they cannot both be true. Therefore, if Islam is false, then it cannot worship the same God that both Christians and Jews worship. Islam is a monothesitic religion, but that is the only similarity it shares with Christianity.

And this from an Islamic site discussing Christ:

The point is that one can find God in Jesus ('a) without deifying him, and furthermore that deifying Jesus ('a) is really an obstacle to finding God in Jesus ('a), for in the deification one ceases to look in Jesus ('a) for anything beyond him. It is as if one were to become distracted from a message by focusing one's attention on the words through which it was conveyed.

To the above point it may be added that not only does the doctrine of the incarnation prevent one from finding God in Christ ('a), but it also prevents one from seeing Christ ('a) the man, because his imagined divinity gets in the way.
http://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/jesus.htm
Islam rejects the deity of Christ. Islam rejects Jesus as the Son of God:

Muslims, on the other hand, have tended to produce polemical works showing how much of what is in the Bible is consistent with the Islamic view of Christ ('a) as prophet rather than as a person of the Trinity.

http://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/jesus.htm
Yet clearly, this is not what the Bible teaches:

After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased." Matthew 3:16-17 (NASB)

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!" Matthew 17:5 (NASB)

Islam embodies the very spirit of antichrist.

Islam teaches that salvation comes to the believer via the "Five Pillars."

Even then, there's no guarantee of salvation for anyone... it all depends entirely on Allah's mercy on individual souls.

But then again, actually the Hadith does mention guarantee of salvation for those who are willing to take part in Jihad.

Hadith 9:459
Muhammad says “Allah guarantees anyone who engages in holy war (Jihad) for the cause of Jihad alone with “belief in Allah’s words”, that he will either admit him into paradise or return him with his reward or the booty has earned to his residence from where he went out.”.

Hadith 1:35
"The person who participates in Allah's cause (namely, in battle). . will be recompensed by Allah either with reward or booty or will be admitted to Paradise."

This discussion seems to have been hijacked.

Stormcrow, I cannot deny you are well researched, but unfortunately the points you are making do not relate to the topic.

Yes, Muslims don't see Jesus as the son of God or God Incarnate. And so, as well demonstrated, Muslims are not Christians and Christians not Muslims; that much is true and it would be vain to argue otherwise. But the state of the believer is not what defines God. God is what He is. He always will be, even if all Christians and Muslims and Jews and everyone else were destroyed, still God would be.

Jews do not believe Jesus is the Son of God or God Incarnate. Yet Yahweh is undoubtedly Yahweh, unless I am mistaken. In the same way, your argument has no bearing whatsoever on the question whether Yahweh and Allah are two names for one and the same God or not.

Yes, Muslims don't see Jesus as the son of God or God Incarnate.

It's not a matter of perspective, it's a matter of fact: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had a Son in whom He vested all authority in heaven and earth.

The "god" of Islam did not. More to the point, you can read more about their "god" here:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/islam.htm

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/skm30804.htm

http://www.letusreason.org/islam6.htm

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-moon-god-allah.htm

http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Saifullah/moonotheism.htm

Knock yourself out.

your argument has no bearing whatsoever on the question whether Yahweh and Allah are two names for one and the same God or not.
By that same logic, neither does yours.

Yahweh and the Bible testify to the deity of Christ. The Koran does not. Is Yahweh "two-faced" that He would tell the Jews He would have a Son, born in a manger, who would be Emmanuel ("God with us") only to tell Mohammed, "Nah, didn't happen!"?

If they were the same God both their "holy books" would say the same thing. They do not, as I've clearly shown in the posts I presented that you dismissed as irrelevant to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jewish religion muslim religion... Neither serve God the Father.

Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Called by any name, any language If they dont have the Son they dont have the Father. There for the God of muslins in not the God i serve. Because a group claims to serve Thee God does not make it so.

Back