Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s not biblical!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"It is finished" is the works of Christ for God's purpose of reconciling ourselves back to Him by His free gift of grace through faith that was the finished works of Christ when He gave up the Ghost and God raised Him the third day as He ascended up to heaven to sit at the right hand of God who makes intercession for us before the Father.

There is no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Then why do the apostles have the ministry of reconciliation?

What is the “it”?

that post was an experiment to see who would assume they know what the “it” is!

like they do with the “it” in
John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

“It” is not the finished work of Christ as some claim!

the “it” of Jn 19:30 is the Passover sacrifice!
  1. Luke 22:15
    And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passoverwith you before I suffer:

2. John 13:1
    Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
  3. 1 Corinthians 5:6-8
    Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

4. “It is finished” are the words the high priest is to say at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice!

Why can't it be both? Why can't "It is finished" refer to the completion of Christ's Atonement for sin and to the Passover sacrifice? In fact, why can't the latter and the former be united in Christ's work at Calvary?

Why can't it be both? Why can't "It is finished" refer to the completion of Christ's Atonement for sin and to the Passover sacrifice? In fact, why can't the latter and the former be united in Christ's work at Calvary?
The Passover meal was finished.
Christ's atonement was completed and finished.

Then why do the apostles have the ministry of reconciliation?
All sins are forgiven due to Christ's sacrifice.
He died for the whole world.
For the sins of the world.
1 John 2:2
2He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

If baptized as an adult, all our previous sins are forgiven.
The future sins must be forgiven also, still through the sacrifice of Jesus,
but we ask forgiveness...in whatever manner is accepted by the church one attends.

There's no need to stir up unnecessary controversy.
Christ's sacrifice was the sacrifice to end all sacrifice for sin. He finished the entire Mosaic system of sacrifice for sin. All of it, not just the Passover sacrifice.

Hebrews 10:17-18
17...“Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
18And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.

Hebrews 10:14
14because by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified.
Does this mean Christ’s sacrifice is not eternal?

So He is till suffering on the cross for us? Does He continue to be crucified forever?
I did not say so!
Of course not, he is risen as He said! Alleluia!

But scripture says His sacrifice is eternal! Heb 7:17 and that something is lacking in His sufferings.
Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What you may ask is lacking, our participation!

So it cannot be “the finished work of Christ”!

God's grace through Christ is eternal as now Jesus sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us.

Christ is our advocate, not the Pope, not the Priest, not the Pastor and not Mary as there is nowhere in scripture that says we are to pray to Mary, but Christ alone.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Heb 4:16
All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

I did not say so!
Of course not, he is risen as He said! Alleluia!

But scripture says His sacrifice is eternal! Heb 7:17 and that something is lacking in His sufferings.
Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What you may ask is lacking, our participation!

So it cannot be “the finished work of Christ”!
So it's not an experiment!
Make up your mind.
You're speaking about something rather serious here.

Are you saying that Christ did NOT finish the work He came to do?

Heb 4:16
All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!
Please post some support for your statement that ALL GRACES COME FROM MARY.

If this is true, how was grace dispersed BEFORE Mary became the Mother of Jesus?

Also, the above is really not posted in an orderly fashion - actually, it makes no sense.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what this OP is about anyway...

And please remember to post some support.

Hi all,

Look, just substitute 'the plan' for the word 'it' and you've got it.

God bless,
Ted
IT could pertain to different theological ideas.
It's up to the OP to make clear what his thread is about.
IT could mean THE PLAN, THE MEAL, THE 4TH CUP, THE RETURNING OF JESUS TO GOD FATHER,
HIS LIFE ON EARTH, who knows what else. It's not so simple...

God's grace through Christ is eternal as now Jesus sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us.

Christ is our advocate, not the Pope, not the Priest, not the Pastor and not Mary as there is nowhere in scripture that says we are to pray to Mary, but Christ alone.

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Where does scripture say that all truths revealed by God are found in scripture
The rule of faith or source of truth for Christians is not “scripture alone” but Christ and His church!
Jn 14:6 Matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:16
Thanks

The rule of faith or source of truth for Christians is not “scripture alone” but Christ and His church!
Thanks
1. Your verses do not provide any support for what you stated.
2. If we don't use scripture as our authority, then anything can be invented and believed.
Scripture was canonized for a reason.
When we go outside scripture, we create problems.

Thanks
2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Tim 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Everything that God wants us to learn is contained in the Bible as no one could ever exhaust all the teachings within it.

Thanks
Do you not believe the Bible is the word of God? Why do you search out other books that are not inspired by God?

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Tim 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Everything that God wants us to learn is contained in the Bible as no one could ever exhaust all the teachings within it.
Of course you know that these verses don't apply to the NT.
As the NT was not scripture at this point... just a bunch of letters and biographies.
Scripture would only apply to the OT in this context.

Back