Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s not biblical!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jesus had appeared shortly before he did Thomas, and said he would be leaving to their God and HIS God.
Do you think God had a God?

A 'part of God' was dead? I haven't heard THAT one before.
Jesus, as the human man, had a God.
He even prayed to that God.

Here's some math you might know already..
Jesus was 100% God
And 100% human.

Last edited:
Jesus, as the human man, had a God.
He even prayed to that God.

Here's some math you nat know already..
Jesus was 100% God
And 100% human.
Jesus wasn't a hybrid.
He said OVER and OVER that he had and served God.
I only hope that you'll accept Christ's words until it's too late.

Of course- or the last place I would be was here.
Not necessarily.
Some come here seeking God.

OK
So you said every religion believes in a different God.

But there's only ONE.
So, do different peoples project anthropologic ideals onto their God?

Or

What do you mean by different religions believe in different Gods.

Not necessarily.
Some come here seeking God.

OK
So you said every religion believes in a different God.

But there's only ONE.
So, do different peoples project anthropologic ideals onto their God?

Or

What do you mean by different religions believe in different Gods.
The Philistines worshipped Baal.
Was He the One God.

FactsPlease

I'll just make my point.
There is only one God.
I don't think He has any competition.

I believe God can reveal Himself however He wants to and not only through Jesus. Not everyone in the world knows about Jesus, or Knew about Jesus and yet God wills that everyone be saved and come to the knowledge of God.

I do believe that Jesus was the ultimate revelation of God. Jesus began to be worshipped soon after His death...soon, it was already happening in Acts and the letters.

So we have to ask: were they dumb and just worshipping a man?
Was there something else going on?
What did John mean in his gospel by,
AND THE WORD WAS GOD?

John spent over 3 years with Jesus.
I think what HE believed is important.

And they stopped me from giving his witness....
What do you THINK John wrote?
Post the scripture and your understanding of it.
I think John 1:1 is the entire key to the divinity of Christ.

I will say that persons come here, to a Christian forum, and attempt to prove that Jesus is not God, at least in nature since He was on earth as Jesus. This is not very nice. What say you?
Some respect has to be shown to the Statement of Faith. Respect is the key.

What do you THINK John wrote?
Post the scripture and your understanding of it.
I think John 1:1 is the entire key to the divinity of Christ.

I will say that persons come here, to a Christian forum, and attempt to prove that Jesus is not God, at least in nature since He was on earth as Jesus. This is not very nice. What say you?
Some respect has to be shown to the Statement of Faith. Respect is the key.
I desire to share with someone what was revealed to me.
You are not that kind of person.

Sorry.
The reasons you have are valid for the person who has met Jesus personally.

Other than that, I'd say that my faith is based on the Apostles....it is a reasonable faith. Christians are not a group of crazy persons that have no reasonable reason to believe.

Jesus lived a short life and left nothing written.
So our faith should be based on the Apostles, on what they left in writing and in teaching. We could trust them because they changed after they saw Jesus alive again,,,from fearful men to men of bravery and courage, and men that faced terrible deaths for their teaching of the Christian faith.

(My son in law couldn't believe he was in NY.
We lived in a very nice area of Queens NY.)

I don't recall the reasons that I have, but I doubt they apply only to the person who has met Jesus personally. I asked "How do you know Jesus died and was resurrected?" And you replied "The reasons you have are valid for the person who has met Jesus personally." Well, I have met Jesus. When I was an atheist, sick in the hospital, He personally healed me! I felt His healing energy and His forgiveness for my sinful ignorance. To me, that is totally valid. As valid as Paul's meeting Him on the road to Damascus.

Your faith is based on the Apostles? Have you met them? I doubt it, since they are long dead. So your faith must be based on what they wrote, even though it is doubtful that the apostles actually wrote those books that are ascribed to them in the Bible. It was a common practice for one's followers to write their doctrines posthumously. (It was not considered plagiarism as it would be today.

And I have no idea why you wrote "Christians are not a group of crazy persons that have no reasonable reason to believe." I never said nor implied that. As you know, I am a Christian myself, so why would I even suggest such a thing?

We are to forgive those who sin against us just like the disciples were taught to forgive others their sin against them, but when it comes to salvation we repent before the Lord Christ Jesus who is our mediator before the Father who forgives us our own sin when we repent of them. No man can exonerate us of our own sin.
So what happened in the Upper Room on Easter evening was just Jesus telling the Apostles to make sure they forgive others who sin against them?

I don't recall the reasons that I have, but I doubt they apply only to the person who has met Jesus personally. I asked "How do you know Jesus died and was resurrected?" And you replied "The reasons you have are valid for the person who has met Jesus personally." Well, I have met Jesus. When I was an atheist, sick in the hospital, He personally healed me! I felt His healing energy and His forgiveness for my sinful ignorance. To me, that is totally valid. As valid as Paul's meeting Him on the road to Damascus.

Your faith is based on the Apostles? Have you met them? I doubt it, since they are long dead. So your faith must be based on what they wrote, even though it is doubtful that the apostles actually wrote those books that are ascribed to them in the Bible. It was a common practice for one's followers to write their doctrines posthumously. (It was not considered plagiarism as it would be today.

And I have no idea why you wrote "Christians are not a group of crazy persons that have no reasonable reason to believe." I never said nor implied that. As you know, I am a Christian myself, so why would I even suggest such a thing?
Hi Jaybo
I missed this, but too tired now.
Could you reply so I'll be reminded?
Thanks.

So what happened in the Upper Room on Easter evening was just Jesus telling the Apostles to make sure they forgive others who sin against them?
It was not in the evening of the day of Pentecost but after Jesus told the the eleven disciples who went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them to go is when they received the great commission, Matthew 28:16-20. On the day of Pentecost they were filled with the Holy Spirit and that which Jesus taught them they began to finally understand as their Spiritual eyes and ears were opened and later Jesus taught them more than the books could ever hold. The reason Christ remained on earth for forty days after he was raised from the dead was to teach the disciples and prepare them for the task of telling the world about Himself. Also read Luke 24.

It was not in the evening of the day of Pentecost but after Jesus told the the eleven disciples who went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them to go is when they received the great commission, Matthew 28:16-20. On the day of Pentecost they were filled with the Holy Spirit and that which Jesus taught them they began to finally understand as their Spiritual eyes and ears were opened and later Jesus taught them more than the books could ever hold. The reason Christ remained on earth for forty days after he was raised from the dead was to teach the disciples and prepare them for the task of telling the world about Himself. Also read Luke 24.
Non-sequitur. We were discussing what Jesus did on Easter night. Here again is what occurred...

"On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you.' When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.'” (John 20:19-23)

You responded ---> "We are to forgive those who sin against us just like the disciples were taught to forgive others their sin against them, but when it comes to salvation we repent before the Lord Christ Jesus who is our mediator before the Father who forgives us our own sin when we repent of them. No man can exonerate us of our own sin."

My question, which you ignored, is: ---> So what happened in the Upper Room on Easter evening was just Jesus telling the Apostles to make sure they forgive others who sin against them?

Back