Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s not biblical!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If you would have read those scriptures I gave then you would know what I believe. But I do know what you believe that is governed by the Watch Tower Society, which you have every right to believe, even though you will be opposed by others who do not agree with their doctrines.
You have NO idea what nor why I believe.

Darby was not a Kingdom hall type and was Plymouth brethren .the name Jehovah didn't start with the Jws
I am not a fan of John Darby .I find his commentary lacking .
I didn't think he was anti trinitarian and admit I didn't read all of it .just strange his shallow his revelation commentary was and a few other books

We are to forgive those who sin against us just like the disciples were taught to forgive others their sin against them, but when it comes to salvation we repent before the Lord Christ Jesus who is our mediator before the Father who forgives us our own sin when we repent of them. No man can exonerate us of our own sin.
That is one of the main problems that I have had with Catholicism. If a Catholic sins, s/he goes to a priest -- "call no man Father" -- and confesses the sin. The priest then prescribes a formula -- say x Hail Mary prayers for example -- and the sins are forgiven. It is ludicrous!

Protestantism does not teach this, but only the word of God teaches us about those who only have an outward form of Godliness.

2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Luther was not Protestant?
Quote “we are like a dung hill covered with snow”
Grace only covered or declared righteous not transforming power of grace to actually make us holy.
Thanks

Only God can absolve our sins through that of Christ Jesus who is our mediator before God.

1Tim 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Tim 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Tim 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Why does he give this power to his priests / apostles?
Thanks

John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
Interesting that you take this single verse out of context. Here is the context...

"After Jesus had spoken these words, he looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed." John 17:1-5

So, a) Jesus is the one who gives eternal life. And He gives it to those God has given to Him. b) Eternal life is knowing God and Jesus Christ. c) Jesus had God's glory before the world that He created existed.

It would be helpful if you read the Bible and understood what it says. If you're not familiar with eisegesis, it describes your thinking: a) Eisegesis is the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text and b) an interpretation, especially of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text and c) eisegesis is a mishandling of the text and often leads to a misinterpretation.

Why do you believe?
How do you know Jesus died and was resurrected?
I was an atheist for many years because I relied on my mind to determine the truth. I now believe because God opened my "spiritual eyes" to the truth.

I know that Jesus died and was resurrected because the Holy Spirit that lives within me confirms it (and many, many other truths).

Why do you believe? How do you know Jesus died and was resurrected?

I was an atheist for many years because I relied on my mind to determine the truth. I now believe because God opened my "spiritual eyes" to the truth.

I know that Jesus died and was resurrected because the Holy Spirit that lives within me confirms it (and many, many other truths).

Why do you believe? How do you know Jesus died and was resurrected?
If someone asks you why you believe, this is what you would tell them?

Because the Holy Spirit, whom they do not believe in, confirms it.

Do you believe your faith is reasonable?
Why?

Interesting that you take this single verse out of context. Here is the context...

"After Jesus had spoken these words, he looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed." John 17:1-5

So, a) Jesus is the one who gives eternal life. And He gives it to those God has given to Him. b) Eternal life is knowing God and Jesus Christ. c) Jesus had God's glory before the world that He created existed.

It would be helpful if you read the Bible and understood what it says. If you're not familiar with eisegesis, it describes your thinking: a) Eisegesis is the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text and b) an interpretation, especially of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text and c) eisegesis is a mishandling of the text and often leads to a misinterpretation.
Out of CONTEXT? I tried posting the rest of John and was stopped. Her said that his Father was the >>> ONLY <<< TRUE God. How much context do you need added?

If someone asks you why you believe, this is what you would tell them?

Because the Holy Spirit, whom they do not believe in, confirms it.

Do you believe your faith is reasonable?
Why?
Yes, that is what I would tell them, because that is what happened. Anything else would be untruthful. I would also add my testimony, which I believe you know: I was healed by Jesus in the hospital and received the Holy Spirit.

If they do not believe, then perhaps the same thing will happen to them that happened to me. It wasn't by logic or reasoning that I "believed" (actually spiritually knew), it was by God's power. => I was a serious atheist until God personally intervened and "convinced" me <=

I am not sure what you mean by "Do you believe your faith is reasonable?" If, by "reasonable" you mean logical, rational, analytic, justifiable, then I would have to say no. My faith goes way beyond logical reasoning; it is spiritual knowledge. I believe that we are composed of a) body, b) mind, and c) spirit (which exists separate from our mind). I can't really come up with a better definition right now, but I will ponder it (since we are trapped indoors by a vicious winter storm ... remember?)

Finally, when my daughter, our grandchildren, and her "man" visited us recently from Italy -- he has lived in Firenze all his life -- he couldn't believe how quiet it was!

You have NO idea what nor why I believe.
Oh, but I do by that of what you post and what my sister use to believe by JW's doctrine that comes against the doctrine of Christ. Like I said before, it doesn't matter that you are a JW, but that we will oppose the false teachings of the Watch Tower and their Bible you are only allowed to use.

Back