Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

It appears I'm no longer wanted on this forum

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As we see, the two witnesses are empowered by God to do the things they do.

He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.” Luke 10:16

When we reject those from the Lord, we reject the Lord.

JLB
Pilate was empowered also just like the two witnesses.
Isn't that interesting. Pilate was in the armed forces too.
What a coincidence.

They are witnesses of Jesus Christ-"their" Lord.
They ARE two Christians.
Jesus has sent the two witnesses for a testimony of God's power over the earth . At the same time the 144,000 witnesses are performing their ministry . That is no coincidence .
These TWO christians are killing and tormenting people the same time the beast with TWO horns is giving people the mark of the beast and the saints in Israel are persecuted. The exact same time period.
I see no verses that indicate they are simultaneous events but yes, they occur in the end times .
The spirit of life comes from Christ"thier Lord.
And they ascend into heaven in a cloud.
One other thing to notice about the two witnesses, the length of their time on earth is 3 and half years the same as the length of Jesus's ministry on earth ! Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
They ascend into heaven in the presence of the Lamb and holy angels.

Revelation 14:10 refers to the "the same" meaning the people spoken of in the verse right before, the people who took the mark of the beast . Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Now I have I have one question for you.
Where in the gospel does Jesus tell any of his servants to kill and torment people?

The two witnesses are more than servants they are prophets sent from God . Rev11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Prophets can be dealers of death, just ask King Ahab .
1Kings18

37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

Jesus has sent the two witnesses for a testimony of God's power over the earth . At the same time the 144,000 witnesses are performing their ministry . That is no coincidence .

I see no verses that indicate they are simultaneous events but yes, they occur in the end times .

One other thing to notice about the two witnesses, the length of their time on earth is 3 and half years the same as the length of Jesus's ministry on earth ! Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 14:10 refers to the "the same" meaning the people spoken of in the verse right before, the people who took the mark of the beast . Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The two witnesses are more than servants they are prophets sent from God . Rev11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Prophets can be dealers of death, just ask King Ahab .
1Kings18

37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
If they were prophets sent by God, Jerusalem would kill them. Insted Jerusalem loves the two witnesses.

These two prophets are probably the only prophets Jerusalem wouldn't kill.

If they were prophets sent by God
Yes, the two witnesses are sent by God, not "if" . Rev11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Jerusalem would kill them.
The beast will kill them but only when their mission is complete. Until their mission is complete anyone who tries to harm them will become a crispy critter 🔥 .
Insted Jerusalem loves the two witnesses.
Hating on God's prophets has been a constant through the ages and I look for the hate to continue with the two witnesses .

Yes, the two witnesses are sent by God, not "if" . Rev11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The beast will kill them but only when their mission is complete. Until their mission is complete anyone who tries to harm them will become a crispy critter 🔥 .

Hating on God's prophets has been a constant through the ages and I look for the hate to continue with the two witnesses .
According to Jesus, he is the last God sent.
Do you believe Jesus is wrong?

This is not even worth the aggravation
Try to teach someone that killing and tormenting people is just plain wrong and moderators are saying it's right. Good grief.

So you didn't go and you want to continue to judge God. You're more courageous than I am I'll tell you that, lol.

You're judging Almighty God!
Wah they torment people during that time period. It's part of the program. GOD's not mine.
Suppose you were to consider that this is during a time of war and great tribulation which has beeen prophesied? So shall God's people on earth not resist evil, or are we allowed to fight back? You want the witnesses to turn the other cheek?! Sorry, oh ignorant one but this is in a different age and the witnesses will not take that crap. So your time of getting lucky and having them turn the other cheek has passed.

You should be careful how you speak about God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. So pray for wisdom and He will give it to you liberally.

I think you are a troll. You are not a Christian but want to go to the christian site and continually put God down...? WHat kind of welcome do you expect for that? Bye.

Reactions: JLB
So you didn't go and you want to continue to judge God. You're more courageous than I am I'll tell you that, lol.

You're judging Almighty God!
Wah they torment people during that time period. It's part of the program. GOD's not mine.
Suppose you were to consider that this is during a time of war and great tribulation which has beeen prophesied? So shall God's people on earth not resist evil, or are we allowed to fight back? You want the witnesses to turn the other cheek?! Sorry, oh ignorant one but this is in a different age and the witnesses will not take that crap. So your time of getting lucky and having them turn the other cheek has passed.

You should be careful how you speak about God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. So pray for wisdom and He will give it to you liberally.

I think you are a troll. You are not a Christian but want to go to the christian site and continually put God down...? WHat kind of welcome do you expect for that? Bye.
Your not the first to believe the false prophet is sent by God and you won't be the last.
I will leave though. I may return when the false prophet starts his occupation of Jerusalem.
I have at least one my post to make.

If they were prophets sent by God, Jerusalem would kill them. Insted Jerusalem loves the two witnesses.

These two prophets are probably the only prophets Jerusalem wouldn't kill.

Where does it say that the two witnesses are prophets?

Where does it say that the two witnesses are prophets?
In the same verse it says they torment them that dwell on earth. I've had to post the same verse about 20 times because no one seems to b egg lieve they torment them that dwell on earth.

Posting Scripture on this board seems to be useless because no one pays attention to the scripture being posted.

In the same verse it says they torment them that dwell on earth. I've had to post the same verse about 20 times because no one seems to b egg lieve they torment them that dwell on earth.

Posting Scripture on this board seems to be useless because no one pays attention to the scripture being posted.

Of course they torment those who dwell on the earth. WHo dwells on the earth at that time. 99% evil people and a 1% remnant. This happens post rapture so you can stop pretending that the two witnesses harm innocent people.

Yes, they were sent by God and empowered to —

And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth —

The power they have comes from God to:

• prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth

• if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies.

• These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy;

• and they have power over waters to turn them to blood,

• and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

This power comes from God who sent them, just like Moses and Elijah.

When you reject those whom God sends, you reject God.

When you speak evil of whom God sends, you speak evil of God.

JLB

Not a single person is denying that the two witnesses were a torment to others. The whole point is that the context shows that this ability to torment through fire, preventing rain, turning water to blood, and sending plagues, is given by God, likely as judgement for their evil and denial of the witness of the prophets. It is also likely that the torment includes the witnessing and prophesying itself, since unbelievers hate the truth about God:

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. (ESV)

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (ESV)

And they hate believers who speak the truth:

Mar 13:13 And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (ESV)

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. (ESV)

The people try to harm the witnesses because of their ministry, for which their punishment is death. These people hate the truth, they hate what the witnesses are prophesying and witnessing about, that is, Christ. To them it is a torment to hear the truth of Christ and not be able to put an end to the prophesying.

Ultimately, the torment is sent and allowed by God for his purposes and judgement. This is no different than the locusts that are sent by God to torment those who don't have God's seal, in Rev 9:5, or the eternal torment faced by those who worship the beast and receive his mark, in Rev 14:11. God's wrath for sin and denying Christ as Saviour is severe.

Please answer my question.

Where does it say Jesus is the last prophet.

It appears I'm not longer wanted to post on this forum. My use of Bible hub and verses from scripture appear to offend the moderators of this site and I'm being harassed for using a tool to easily post Bible verses.
It would be far easier for me to post on another site than to post here anymore so I'm bidding you all a fair well.
I just can't take the harassment of posting on this site anymore.
None of the staff members have ever told you not to post anymore in this forum. All, but one member could read all the scriptures you posted from Bible Hub. Why they had a problem with that we have no idea. The member in question is no longer part of the staff. Apparently all this member saw was the link only or that what you posted with scripture did not support what you say as many of us have showed you. No one was harassing you, but just letting you know the scriptures you posted did not line up with what you said.

It would be better to take this to a private PM between the two of you and straighten it out between the two of you.

Yet the moderators are insisting that it OK to kill and torment others because they say it's OK.
We have been around and around with this with you to show you that these two witnesses are of God in whom He sends to preach the Gospel one last time giving everyone a last chance to come back to God. Those who are tormented are those who are sick of hearing the word of God preached to them as they feel tormented.

You need to take your Bible and read Zechariah 4 in order to understand the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth and read again Rev Chapter 11 to know it is God that sends these witness out into the world that preach the Gospel for the last time during the end of days. You need to quit believing every commentary you read and get back into the Bible for what has already been written.

Here are the scriptures in question:

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Thier argue is its not scripture.

They believe verses such as this is commentary.
Im having to argue its not.
It's incredibly exhausting.
No one has never said that is not scripture, but that you take scripture out of context as it does not line up with what you say. You have every right to believe how you want, but you also need to know not everyone is going to agree with you and show you why they do not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back