Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's Official, The World Is Going to be Taken Over By Robots

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh yes, absolutely. I like robots.

You don't have to buy one if you don't want to. Everyone likes something different.

I like a variety of different things. Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Descendants, Panic! At The Disco and of course robots. I think they're neat even if they're also a bit creepy,.. but then again so is Voldemort. I mean he doesn't even have a nose. :lol I think that the Daleks of Doctor Who are pretty much considered robots though. :)

The Daleks have an alien creature inside running the controls. The outer shell is just their combat suit.

Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. I also like Naruto and Pirates of The Caribbean btw but I don't think that there are any robots in those. So yeah, I guess a Dalek isn't considered a robot either. :neutral

So, like, you don't agree with my post no. 348?

You're explaining an assembly line...
a moving machine,,,I wouldn't consider this a robot..
a car assembly plant comes much closer to it.

Maybe THIS is why you don't fear them.
I DO!!!
And I have worked in the past in two different car plants...they work exactly as I have explained. Even the "Electric dolleys" that seem to work automatically without a human directing them. (They follow painted lines on the floor and stop if they hit something/one)

It's ALL motor controls...a series of switches that control machines.

Oh yes, absolutely. I like robots.

You don't have to buy one if you don't want to. Everyone likes something different.
Where have I heard that line before?

"If you don't want your kids watching that stuff...turn the TV off".

"If some magazines annoy you...don't look at them".

Dear Michael...
It doesn't matter if I like them or not...
I will be LIVING in that SOCIETY!

And what a different society it will be.

Dear Michael...

Freedom,of choice ,others will be affected by it.while I'm,not a prohibitionist.I,personally have been affected by a few drunks poor choices.

Dear Michael...

What about Millennials?

Nah I,will pass,I have apps that controlled my,alarm system it acted up .that sounds like my smart printer who will not print because I cut paying hp,at all .I,can't buy ink,and simply,install it and it won't print despite that I own it.they disabled my,printer .I paid them for a bit to send ink and decided it wasn't worth it and stopped.

What about Millennials?
I'm not sure what you mean.
You mean those that are 20 now?

They would be the NOW generation...
Or the generation just before robots are accepted.
They'll be able to accept everything more because they'll have nothing to compare it to except the stories of the old folk...those that are 50 or 60 now.

Going to a restsurant ,robot cooks and robot servers .processed foods .

That isn't a stretch as one can be froyo from,a machine and hot pizza .

I'm not sure what you mean.
You mean those that are 20 now?

They would be the NOW generation...
Or the generation just before robots are accepted.
They'll be able to accept everything more because they'll have nothing to compare it to except the stories of the old folk...those that are 50 or 60 now.
I wish I didn't have to look at them anymore...lol

A better society. One where the elderly have a robot to help them maintain their abodes, and cook their meals for them. I don't like the way many elders are abandoned today, if they don't have children to help them.

Bring on the robots.
Optimistic given how sociial media is used against people in China and to,track people in the west .even in the u.s.

Imaginr you can't go anywhere because uber the robot taxi sees you said a political incorrect thing .

Optimistic given how sociial media is used against people in China and to,track people in the west .even in the u.s.

Oh, no doubt their care robots will monitor the elderly, and tell their doctors if they need help.

Yes, the PRC monitors their citizens closely. No doubt they would program care bots for the elderly to monitor their behavior closely over there. Over here, the care bots would be more likely to send information to advertisers so robo-callers could call the elderly and try to sell them stuff.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back