Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's Official, The World Is Going to be Taken Over By Robots

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ai,a rhomba learns your house ,it stores it. Alexa listens to you,your phone can be hacked and is never truly off.

Ironic we are talking on the internet which was sold as a blessing and yet the bane if society today is laid on it.I'm not free of guilt either but well pre 90s,while not perfect ,people tended to associate better and were less distracted .its an omen when these creators shun themselves from the things they made.
It's about valuation.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Many people find value in spending lots of time in social media...others don't.
Some people find face to face connecting with others valuable....others find no value at all there.

Some people find value in Millennials...some equate them to Hippies except not as fun.

It's about valuation.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Many people find value in spending lots of time in social media...others don't.
Some people find face to face connecting with others valuable....others find no value at all there.

Some people find value in Millennials...some equate them to Hippies except not as fun.
I would be ignorant to ignore my hypocrisy of using it but .its easy to simply isolate oneself and ignore any physically interaction.
Imagine if I didnt have to leave my house for work,food,or anythkng and only interacted with robots to get that .
Do you really think that is a stretch to say that is good.
Millenials are aged from 30 to 40.born 1979 to 1900. Gen x ended in 79.gen y is what you,think.

Imagine churches having ministry on how to interact in person.in,aware of its a tool ,but observe at work ,driving and see how many on,their phones.we are a distracted society .we feed the addiction center with it.

A member posted a thread about fasting from it and how hard it was.he isn't a millennial.

One cab hide ones identity ,as open as I am .I hide much .I can easily not talk in church,or work ,its easy ,I,do it often.I don't need people .that's good.see where this is s problem?

I'm,not alone in that .I,choose that for a reason ,work mostly ,but still not uncommon nor good.I can be in church and isolate myself or any crowd .I believe I learned it in the army .it got easier with smart phone distractions .I,tend to be a loner .

Okay that right there is a robot with way too much knowledge in my opinion. I just meant that I do believe robots could be helpful to our society so we wouldn't have to do as much work for ourselves.
Robotic machines are used to put cars together.
Many men lost their jobs and found it difficult to adapt to other work.

What about we humans?
I don't like robots...not for anything.

Erika is a silly robot. Doesn't change the fact that many elderly need help around the house, and would benefit from a robot keeping the place clean and well repaired.
That sounds like dreaming to me.
HOW would a robot clean a house?
It would have to be able to move like a human....
it would be humanoid. I mean, do we REALLY want this stuff around?

I'd rather have a dirty house.
Sorry.

That said ,to the surprise of my wife I can avoid it for a while.
I'm sure that within a very small group of those you associate with they find that it's hard to get you to stop talking...lol
Introverts do have close connections to an "inner circle" that they do like to interact with.

Robotic machines are used to put cars together.
Many men lost their jobs and found it difficult to adapt to other work.

What about we humans?
I don't like robots...not for anything.
They actually do a better job than humans. They don't need vacations or go out on strike...they don't get in bad moods or anything else but work. And someone can program them to be very efficient with materials. Very consistent work too.

And they require electricians and programmers.

They actually do a better job than humans. They don't need vacations or go out on strike...they don't get in bad moods or anything else but work. And someone can program them to be very efficient with materials. Very consistent work too.

And they require electricians and programmers.
And many men lost their jobs to a machine that does not have to pay rent or electric bills or raise children.

We are headed toward a poor world which we will all suffer the effects of this sad future.

One day robots may be able to do electrical work...how many jobs will that cost? Or do you feel like it can't happen to you?
What about plumbing? Auto repair? etc....

And many men lost their jobs to a machine that does not have to pay rent or electric bills or raise children.

We are headed toward a poor world which we will all suffer the effects of this sad future.

One day robots may be able to do electrical work...how many jobs will that cost? Or do you feel like it can't happen to you?
Actually it can't happen.
Those trades are secure. Creative solutions for complex problems is what we do.

Adapting to new situations is something robots can't do... people can.
Those who lost jobs to robots...and then refused to adapt...they, themselves, became a worthless robot. There are other low skill jobs...they just don't want to do them.
Mobility and adaptability is crucial for staying on top of the food chain...or simply staying employed.

Actually it can't happen.
Those trades are secure. Creative solutions for complex problems is what we do.
I have to sign off in a bit...but think of this:
If we become a poor society...WHO is going to need ANY work of any kind done except the rich?

ATM's made many lose their job.
And it's much better to deal with a human anyway.

I see a whole picture...and it's not good.

I'm sure that within a very small group of those you associate with they find that it's hard to get you to stop talking...lol
Introverts do have close connections to an "inner circle" that they do like to interact with.
I seldom talk to those ,as well I don't have much if any in,person .

While we do have a tendency here to be open ,the chat forum and social media can encourage,enable secrecy ,its not that hard to fathom .

I have to sign off in a bit...but think of this:
If we become a poor society...WHO is going to need ANY work of any kind done except the rich?

ATM's made many lose their job.
And it's much better to deal with a human anyway.

I see a whole picture...and it's not good.
While I'm,not on this view as you are but yes call centers for online ordering ,warranties suck,banking isn't what it was.and while smart meters have made calling in to ask and report a problem nigh impossible.my,smart meter went down and I knew it was dying before fpl,did as I saw the display fail .by law the user must be able to read his meter.those things can't take Florida's extremes..while slightly,less,accurate the old dials lasted .I have read ones older then me.luck has those solid states replaced in a few years as the displays become unreadable and or less common they will act whacky .seen one over read by 200 kWh in seconds,by the time i called that in it was showing 1000kwh of usage in a few seconds .not possible .

Home building ,it wouldn't be a stretch to say that a team of robots could run wiring do what a lineman does ,fpl uses drones to check wiring.they could also run underground ,install meter in cans etc .its not unfeasible since we have robots who can walk,build and shoot weapons ,

Home building ,it wouldn't be a stretch to say that a team of robots could run wiring do what a lineman does ,fpl uses drones to check wiring.they could also run underground ,install meter in cans etc .its not unfeasible since we have robots who can walk,build and shoot weapons ,

They have tried modules for apartment buildings...it has failed miserably. Little cubes with walls and lights and plugs already installed that are stacked and put together to make an apartment building. Problem is that we are human beings with different tastes. We decorate differently and live differently.
We are individuals and not drones.

Even the old USSR block housing (grey rectangles stood on their end) have had their occupants doing everything possible to make their home unique. Flowers in window boxes, custom cabinets and finish carpentry to name a few things.

We can't stand being drones.

They have tried modules for apartment buildings...it has failed miserably. Little cubes with walls and lights and plugs already installed that are stacked and put together to make an apartment building. Problem is that we are human beings with different tastes. We decorate differently and live differently.
We are individuals and not drones.

Even the old USSR block housing (grey rectangles stood on their end) have had their occupants doing everything possible to make their home unique. Flowers in window boxes, custom cabinets and finish carpentry to name a few things.

We can't stand being drones.
Homes here are built cookie cutter even the upper class ones.mcm homes are identical in many communities .many paint jobs the same.of course some differ.I can post the typical beach ones,and mainland ones with ribbon driveway.

And yes modular trailers have become homes ,watched a school built like that and a community center,gas station.

I didn't give input on where the idiots placed plugs,some in stupid places.the switch for the garbage disposal nearky out of reach as my wife can't reach it.

Btw, I sort of see any machine as a robot since it isn't a human being,.. it's mechanical and isn't that what the definition of a robot is?
The five basic machines which all mechanical things will have one are.

Lever,pulley ,wedge ,screw ,wheel,and axle and inclined plane .

A washing machine has a lever(gears).

Back